What You Want [2/3]

What You Want

 

It started with a random conversation on a Tuesday.

It was only Sehun and Jongdae by the table, and no one said a word because both of them were busy with their lunch.

“You know,” Sehun suddenly said after swallowing some of his fried noodles. “It’s amazing how someone can be halfway across the world, and still be able to find someone with the same nationality.”

Jongdae gaped for a moment, letting his fork hanging in front of his mouth before finally putting it down to the table. “...huh?”

Sehun blinked in dissatisfaction. “Nevermind.”

Jongdae tilted his head to a side, wondering what his friend was talking about. Sehun was always random when it came to establishing a conversation. He just liked to blurt out things all of a sudden. Most likely some things that might not be connected to the previous conversations at the wrong moment in the wrong places, and they would leave all of his friends in confusion. His friends would then tried to digest what he said before finally forming a slight ‘oh’ of comprehension.

And Jongdae, who was used to Sehun’s randomness, quickly did just that.

“Oh,” he raised his brows. “You’re talking about Kris-gege and his boyfriend.”

Sehun put on a smirk as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

“It’s just a coincidence,” Jongdae shrugged and went back to his food. “He falls for Zitao and that is all.”

“But still, a wise choice,” Sehun shook his head. “If I was him, I would’ve picked Zitao too instead of anyone else. Or anyone with the same nationality, for that matter. Wouldn’t want my marriage to be a trouble just because I fall in love with a foreigner—a Chinese, in this case.”

Jongdae tried to reply with his mouth full, but failed at doing so. He swallowed the food with one gulp and coughed to his hand. “So you’re saying that you prefer Korean?”

Sehun stared at the older male blankly.

“Definitely, Hyung.”

Sehun rested his cheek on his fist.

“Definitely.”

 

 

***

 

 

There were a lot of exchange students at their university.

They came from various countries; some came from Japan and America, but most were from China.

With a backpack slung over his shoulder, Sehun ignored the alien languages around him and walked away nonchalantly from the crowds. The mere thought of communicating with them was enough to make him cringe. Never mind dating them. Don’t even get him started with the languages and the weird pronounciations that came with them. What annoyed the hell out of him was the fact that they were currently studying in his country but they were still talking in their mothertongues.

But Sehun knew he was just being ridiculous. Maybe because he was really determined not to fall for one of the foreigners. Last summer, his relative got married to a French, and boy, their wedding was nothing but hectic situations. Their family refused to go to France because it was so far away. So the party was held twice. Sehun shuddered at the amount of money needed. And his relative had to go back and forth to the Korean and French embassy to take care of the paperworks. It had been exhausting and Sehun didn’t want the same thing to happen to him.

He was lost in thoughts, comparing how much money he would need for wedding parties in Korea and in another country—even though he was still way too young for those things—when he bumped into someone.

The other person yelped as his books scattered to the ground and took his earphones off.

“I’m sorry,” he quickly apologized. “I wasn’t paying attention—“

The male spoke with an accent which set Sehun frowning. Even though his Korean was quite good, Sehun knew immediately that he was not Korean. Chinese, perhaps? Appeareance could be so deceiving, he didn’t even look like a foreigner at all. Instinctively, the taller male stepped backward, as if to stay away like he was some kind of a disease and merely stared while the male in front of him knelt down to gather his books.

It took the foreign male a while to realize that Sehun was glaring instead of helping and he blinked innocently.

Sehun narrowed his eyes for a brief moment before walking away in disgust.

 

 

***

 

 

It was not surprising to know that the male was Kris’ friend.

Kris was popular, he had a lot of friends and he blended with everyone easily. With his charming smile and calming gesture, everyone thought of him as a big brother they could count on.

Sehun had no problem with Kris. Hell, he was happy that the older male found his happiness with Zitao—as long as they just stayed out of his business.

To be honest, Sehun didn’t have any specific type when it came to boyfriends and stuffs. As long as they clicked and Sehun felt comfortable around him, he’d gladly date that person. Maybe the only specific requirement for him was that the person had to be Korean and any other argument was invalid—even though his mother had scolded him a lot by saying that if he was meant to be even with an African, then that was that. Sehun could only stare at her in horror, not knowing what to respond with, the moment those words slipped out of .

But maybe, just a slight maybe, if he had to choose someone who was close enough to be his type among his friends...

...it would be Baekhyun.

Sehun had always admired the older male but never was brave enough to admit it.

And now that Baekhyun had gotten engaged, he tried to shake him off of his mind. He had seen Chanyeol in a club the other night and he thought the taller male was the perfect size for Baekhyun.

“Hey, guys. Is this seat taken?”

Kris’ voice sent his thoughts flying as Sehun blinked at the former. He, Jongdae and Kyungsoo were sitting by a table in the canteen, busily munching on some fruits—Kyungsoo had brought them from home, said his mother wanted him to live a healthier life. Sehun was about to shrug casually when he realized who was beside Kris.

It’s the male he had bumped into.

Something stirred in Sehun’s mind and the urge to runaway was strong. Especially when he saw Kris and the other male decided to join them.

“Join us,” Jongdae answered and nodded politely to the Chinese male. “Luhan-gege, how are you?”

Sehun had forgotten how fluent Jongdae was in Mandarin and it somehow irritated him. Kyungsoo looked up from his notebook, welcoming Luhan and Kris with a grin. When Luhan replied to Jongdae in his mother language with a warm smile—and Kris walked away as he muttered something about finding his boyfriend—Sehun stood up abruptly and shocking everyone at the table.

Kyungsoo’s mouth was opened, a half bitten apple in his right hand. “Sehunie?”

“Gotta go,” Sehun said somewhat indignantly. “See you.”

He walked away after shoving all of his books into the bag, failing to notice the sad expression plastered on the Chinese male’s face.

 

 

***

 

 

It was transparent as clear glass to everyone that Sehun was avoiding Luhan.

Jongdae tried not to judge his friend at first.

Sehun looked busy and reasoned that he had something to do when Yixing and Luhan dropped by to say hello at their group. But it became more and more obvious everyday because everything was just too coincidental to be true. Like, how Sehun would excuse himself in the middle of a conversation and a few minutes later, Luhan passed by and waved excitedly at Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

It couldn’t be a coincidence.

Kyungsoo glanced at his watch lazily and shrieked in horror. He quickly grabbed his bag and Jongdae heard him screaming something about being late to class.

Jongdae wondered if he should just go home but as he looked to his left, he realized that Sehun’s bag was still there. That meant the tall male would be back soon to claim it. And his hunch was right. A few moments later, Sehun appeared out of nowhere and sat on the vacant seat in front of Jongdae and continued reading his book like nothing happened. “Where did you go?”

“...bathroom,” Sehun answered without looking up from his book.

The answer didn’t satisfy him and Jongdae chewed his on lower lip. He should ask. He really should ask him now because it was the right moment and Kyungsoo was not around.

And so he did.

“Why are you avoiding Luhan-gege?”, Jongdae bluntly asked.

Sehun was about to flip to the next page when the question was asked. He froze while doing so and shifted his gaze coldly to Jongdae. “...what?”

“Don’t ‘what’ me. Did you guys get into an argument or something?”

“...I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

“I know what you’ve been doing, Oh Sehun,” Jongdae sputtered. “But what I don’t get is why? I mean, you’ve never had any problems with Kris-gege or the others. So why Luhan-gege? Why do you hate him so much?”

“Stop using gege, why don’t you try using Hyung while talking to me—“

“Oh I see. So it’s one of those moments when I have to speak using Korean to you because you just wouldn’t understand any other language,” Jongdae replied in sarcasm.

Sehun dropped his book to the table. “What’s wrong with you??”

“Me?? What’s wrong with you, Sehunie! Avoiding Luhan-gege—oh yeah, that’s right, I’ll say it using both languages—just because you’re too obsessed to find someone with the same nationality and it just bothers you to make friends with other people that’s not Korean and—“

Jongdae gasped abruptly.

“...tell me I’m wrong.”

Sehun palmed his face and growled.

“Tell me I’m wrong, Sehunie.”

You’re wrong, was what he wanted to say but nothing came out. Instead, Sehun only looked down at his feet, unable to look his friend in the eye.

“God,” Jongdae hissed. “You’re a ing racist.”

 

 

***

 

 

They hadn’t spoken to each other in a week.

From Kyungsoo, Sehun knew that Jongdae regretted the fight but refused to talk to him because he was still angry and Sehun didn’t blame him. He, himself was also at fault so he understood. Kyungsoo was torn apart between Sehun and Jongdae but he knew both of them would make up in no time. Sehun gave Kyungsoo a comforting pat on the shoulder, silently agreeing his words and crossing his fingers behind his back.

But Jongdae’s words had gotten him to think.

Was he really a racist?

No, of course not.

He was not a racist. The reason why he had been avoiding the Chinese male was because...

Sehun couldn’t bring himself to answer.

When their time of ‘haven’t spoken to each other’ extended to another week, Sehun finally admitted that he missed Jongdae. He kept looking at Jongdae’s number over and over again but he never dialed it. Maybe he was just gonna go to him tomorrow instead of calling...

Sehun decided to drop by at a coffeshop before going home. The cap he was wearing covered half of his face and he was about to take it off, when Sehun noticed the person who also queued in line. There was no way he would be mistaken. It was the Chinese male. The Chinese male that Jongdae accused him of avoiding. Sehun was torn between the thought of leaving and just burying his face deeper underneath his cap. The latter won because the girl at the counter had shouted ‘welcome’ loudly.

He stayed silent all the time. When Luhan was finally by the counter, Sehun waited patiently behind him.

The girl shoved him a menu and Luhan slowly trailed his finger on it, probably reading the hangul one by one.

Sehun could’ve just rudely ordered his drink to the girl because it seemed like Luhan would take forever but instead he peered over at the choices of drinks and cakes written on the menu. He faintly heard Luhan tried to spell the name of the drink.

“If you like peach, you should try that.”

Luhan turned to him with a surprised smile. “R—really? Thank you...”

Sehun cleared his throat. “But I’d recommend the one below.”

“Oh, okay then,” Luhan replied cheerfully and pointed at the said drink. “I want one of this, please.”

“Make it two,” Sehun handed a few bills to the girl.

“Two it is, then,” the girl took the money from Sehun’s hands and counted them quickly.

“Keep the change.”

“Thank you for buying our drinks. Your orders will be up in a minute. Please wait by the counter over there. Next!”

“Wait,” Luhan said as Sehun pushed his back mildly from behind to move to the mentioned counter. “I can’t—I’ll pay you back.”

“Keep your money.”

“B—but—“

“There’s no guarantee you’d like what I’ve picked, though.”

Luhan fell silent as Sehun waited patiently for their orders to be done, his eyes fixed on the male who was mixing their drinks in a professional way. The Chinese male couldn’t stop staring at Sehun, brows furrowed together, trying to recognize him. His face was well hidden beneath the cap, and Luhan, curiously, slowly reached out to his face.

“You’re...”

Luhan took off the cap carefully and Sehun didn’t know why he let him. Upon seeing the face of the person who had been avoiding him for weeks, Luhan let out a gasp and accidentally dropped the cap. Sehun caught the cap easily due to his good reflexes.

“Oh my God,” Luhan was horrified. “I’m—I’m so sorry—“

“It’s okay.”

“I’m so—so sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

“It’s really okay.”

“I really d—didn’t mean to take off your—“

“Quiet,” Sehun snapped quite loudly and several pairs of eyes turned to him. Luhan looked like a kid who was scolded by his mother for breaking the rules and entwined his hands together.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan muttered once again before avoiding Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun sighed. “I said it’s okay. The cap makes me look ugly anyway.”

They both fell into awkward silence. Sehun noticed from the corner of his eye that Luhan was taking a step farther. And another step farther. And another... He immediately shot out and grabbed Luhan’s arm tightly, making the latter blanched in fear.

“Don’t be scared. I’m not gonna bite you.”

“...really?”

“Yes.”

“...okay...”

Finally their drinks were done and placed on the counter by the barista. Sehun thanked him as he snatched them up and gave one to Luhan as they walked out. The night was windy and cold and it was probably gonna rain any minute. Sehun casted a glance at his wristwatch and looked up at the dark sky. He could hear the thunder rolling somewhere far away.

“I’m gonna go this way,” Sehun told Luhan as he pointed at a direction. “Are you gonna be alright by yourself? Will you be safe?”

Luhan blinked in confusion. It just astonished him how someone who had been obviously avoiding him at the university talked about getting home safely—as if he cared. “Yeah...”

“Okay. See you then.”

Was that it?

“W—wait!”, Luhan called out abruptly and regretted his decision soon after. Sehun stared at him questioningly and he couldn’t even stare back. Luhan played with the hem of his shirt before finally saying in a low voice, “Thank you for the treat. How about...I treat you to lunch...tomorrow?”

There, he said it.

Something within him imploded. Luhan just wanted to hide and slap his own face numerous times until the mixed feelings of shame and guilt vapored away. It was like he had just said something forbidden and with the blank stare Sehun gave him, it only worsened the situation.

“I’m—I’m sorry, just forget it—“

There was just no way, Luhan.

“Sure.”

Luhan thought he was hearing things but as Sehun leaned forward to place the cap on his head, he knew it was the opposite. “What...?”

“I said yes, I’ll have lunch with you tomorrow,” Sehun adjusted the cap on Luhan’s head before smiling. “Just in case it rains. Wouldn’t want you to catch a cold.”

With that, Sehun bade him goodbye and hurriedly walked in the other direction. Luhan stood transfixed, eyeing Sehun’s back dumbly until he was out of sight, lost in the sea of people.

Did he just...?

“Weird guy,” he muttered to himself—trying to fight the urge to blush but failed—and brought the coffee to his lips. Luhan gulped down the cold liquid and his eyes widened. “Hm, it really is good.”

 

 

***

 

 

To see Sehun and Luhan standing next to each other in a line was a rare sight.

Baekhyun passed by with a frown and Kyungsoo had actually went to Jongdae and said, “So the reason why you guys got into a fight was that Sehunie chose Luhan-gege instead of you?”

Kyungsoo got a smack on the head as a reply, of course.

Luhan didn’t dare to say a word when both of them sat on the same table, facing each other, because he was not sure if Sehun was the talkative type while eating or the opposite. But someone had to say something to break the tension, so Luhan did.

“Is—is it good?”

Sehun looked up from his food, swallowed it before he shrugged nonchalantly. “I kinda eat this everyday so... I guess?”

“Oh,” Luhan mouthed as he stirred the rice with his chopsticks somewhat roughly. “Wanna try mine?”

The younger male looked at the offered food like it was something inedible and Luhan mentally kicked himself. But then Sehun took a bite and he only nodded to express his gratitude. Luhan continued to eat in silence afterward.

Sehun stared at Luhan when the male was not looking. That kinda meant all the time because Luhan hardly stared at him. With the closeness between them, Sehun could see that the other male was delicate. He had long, slender fingers and long, thick eyelashes. With the help of refracting sunlight on his hair, Luhan shone beautifully like an angel in front of him.

It got him to blink.

Beautiful...?

Sehun quickly tried to distract himself with other things but nothing was as interesting as the male in front of him. Slowly, but surely, his line of sight returned to Luhan.

He realized that he cherished this moment. He liked the quietness they shared. He liked seeing Luhan...

Luhan carefully shifted his eyes from the food to Sehun and was a bit taken aback to see Sehun staring at him, with his chin rested on the back of his hand. “Is—is something wrong?”

Sehun shook his head. “You’re pretty.”

Luhan choked on his food and Sehun quickly handed him a glass of water.

 

 

***

 

 

From treating lunch, it evolved into something deeper.

The HunHan couple could be seen to frequent the coffeeshop with both of their iPads to use the free Wi-Fi to surf the net. They were also seen to window shop around the stores nearby in their free time. Both boys drooled over either gadgets or shoes and they usually chatted about how pricey they were. They also grocery shopped together now—usually to stock up on Luhan’s shampoos but mostly on Sehun’s midnight snacks. They progressed to watching movies: Sehun insisted in watching The Raven with Luhan taggling along. Just because. Then came dinners—Sehun thought that Luhan might want to try out the famous restaurants in Korea.

It all happened so naturally.

Sehun loved the way their shoulders fit, especially when they had to stand near to each other in the crowded train. Luhan was just a few inches shorter than him, but it felt perfect. Funny because he had always thought Baekhyun’s height fit him the most...

“Luhan!”

Sehun snapped back to reality. Someone had just called Luhan but it sounded strange, like with an accent, and he realized that it’s one of Luhan’s friends. His Chinese friend. The long haired girl was cute and he narrowed his eyes in dislike.

“Hello,” she greeted politely. “What a coincidence, how are you Gege?”

Luhan’s face brightened and he was quickly engaged with a conversation in the alien language, while Sehun just stood there, dumbfounded. He waited for a moment but it didn’t seem like Luhan’s going to introduce him or something and it just irritated him when they roared into laughter.

“Stop,” Sehun snarled in gritted teeth and both of them stopped laughing immediately. “Talk in a language I know. Talk in Korean, dammit.”

Luhan looked perplexed at him. “Sehunie?”

“What if you guys are talking about something romantic and I don’t have a clue about it? What if you guys are laughing, talking casually about me and I don’t ing understand one word?”

“But we were just—I’m sorry, I’ll get back to you—

“And stop talking like I’m not even around!”

“O-oh, good bye,” she mumbled and dashed away from them as fast as possible.

Their argument had caused some people to stare but Sehun didn’t give a damn. He felt really irritated and he didn’t feel like talking anymore. The train finally came to a stop and he stormed out even if it was not his station yet. Luhan quickly followed behind him, calling his name in confusion.

“Sehunie? Sehunie, please, what’s wrong?”

Luhan touched Sehun’s arm but it was quickly slapped away by the latter. He held his breath at the response, stunned. Sehun seemed very angry as he stopped walking and turned around to face Luhan.

“Sehunie...?”

“You and your Goddamn Chinese language, are what’s wrong,” Sehun groaned in frustration. “God, it annoys me to think that you guys keep on talking in your language while you guys are not in your home country. I mean, come on, think about it, Luhan, hyung, you guys are in Korea for God’s sake!”

He kept on ranting his frustrated thoughts until Sehun noticed the hurt and sadness across Luhan’s face that he stopped.

“Why do you hate me so much?”, Luhan whispered sadly in Chinese. “What did I do wrong?”

“What does that mean?”, Sehun frowned in annoyance and he grew even angrier.

“That means you’re an ,” Minseok suddenly said as he appeared between Sehun and Luhan. He defensively stood in front of Luhan, shielding the older male. “Your voice is awfully loud, Sehun-ah. Everyone’s staring. This is a public place, you know.”

 “Nice to see you too, Hyung, but right now—hey, wait, Luhan!”

Luhan had left them by running away.

Minseok turned to Sehun with disapproving stare. “Isn’t that supposed to be Luhan-gege for you?”

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun had no idea what to do.

He hasn’t called the Chinese male for two days, and Luhan was nowhere to be found in the university. It was midterms in the semester so he’s probably busy with his classes. Sehun thought of sending him a text, but it was always saved in his ‘drafts’ and not in his ‘sent items’.

It had been quite a while since Sehun was last seen with Luhan. Kyungsoo looked around in confusion, before asking ‘where’s Luhan-gege?’ to Sehun.

Sehun didn’t say anything.

He used the opportunity to think about everything that had happened between him and Luhan.

Their relationship evolved from friends to more than friends, but not that special friends—yet, and Sehun was scared to ask.

Sehun missed the times when his hands held the other’s tightly whenever they were in a crowd. He missed towering over the other, using his height to protect Luhan from the scorching heat of the sun.

He loved the way Luhan listened whenever Sehun burst out with his random statement. He loved the way Luhan gently obeyed him whenever he fixed his pronounciation—but Sehun never seemed to bother with learning Mandarin (he did, actually but he was just too ashamed to admit it). He loved the way Luhan laughed...the way he wrinkled his nose whenever Sehun talked too fast...the way Luhan leaned his head on his shoulder whenever he was tired.

Sehun loved everything about Luhan.

But the male was Chinese.

Wait...

He straightened up in his seat.

Why do I keep thinking that way? Am I really...racist?

Sehun stood up abruptly and remembered about what Jongdae had said.

No, I am not. I am not... I’m just...

He came to a realization and gasped into his hand. Sehun quickly grabbed his bag, not noticing that it was widely opened and his books scattered to the ground. Sighing, he knelt down, gathered his things and felt familiar at the scene.

It was like his first meeting with Luhan.

The Chinese male was too...pretty when he met him.

Sehun stood up after shoving everything into the bag and went to find Jongdae. After searching for what seemed like an eternity, he finally found Jongdae with Kyungsoo in an empty class. They seemed to be engrossed in a serious conversation and Sehun shouldn’t probably disturb them but who cared? Right now he needed to talk to Jongdae.

“Hyung,” Sehun said, panting after all the running.

Jongdae blinked at his state and he looked surprised to see him. “Yes?”

“You’re wrong,” Sehun blurted all of a sudden. “You’re wrong, Hyung. You’re wrong.”

Jongdae gaped, blinked for a moment at Sehun then at Kyungsoo, who looked as lost as him, trying to find out what he was talking about, before finally forming a slight ‘oh’. “Oh. Is this about Luhan-gege?”

“I’m not a racist,” Sehun dryly said. “I’m not a racist and I know it. The reason why I’ve been avoiding Luhan in the first place was because I’m scared. I’m so ing scared because I thought of him as the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. The first time I saw him he took my breath away and I’m scared because he’s...he’s a...”

Jongdae looked worried as he stood up. “Calm down, Sehunie.”

“...he’s a Chinese, God that word is killing me because we have different nationalities, different cultures, different languages. When I finally throw my ego to be with him, I know there’s no turning back. There’s no turning back because I know even though I’m gonna regret it, but I love him—I love him so much that it ing hurts that I don’t give a damn about his nationality, I just...”

Sehun huffed in exasperation from all the non stop talking.

 “...I just want to be with him.”

Jongdae stared at the younger male in front of him who was now hiding his face between his fingers.

“...is that too much to ask?”

“Then be with him, Sehunie,” Jongdae said sternly.

“But...”

“If you love him that much, you’re gonna be able to face any obstacle. Chinese? Korean? American? Canadian? Who cares about that. It’s an international love and I think it’s unique.”

“Yeah...”, Kyungsoo added quietly. “We’re still gonna come even if you make the wedding party in Beijing...”

“I’m not too sure about that,” Jongdae replied quickly by raising a finger to Kyungsoo’s direction. “But, what I am sure, is that you’re gonna be happy and not gonna regret the decision because...well, you don’t need to have any reason to fall in love with someone. You just do. It happened to you. You did, right?”

Kyungsoo frowned and bemoaned quietly about wanting to go to Beijing while Sehun and Jongdae still standing on their tracks.

“Just do the right thing, Sehunie,” Jongdae said and shook his head.

Sehun found himself staring blankly at the older male.

“Just this time, for God’s sake, do the ing right thing.”

 

 

***

 

 

Luhan sighed heavily as he went to his locker.

He had a lot of assignments and mid tests this week, and he wanted to puke at the ridiculous amount. Luhan was still having problems reading in hangul, it took him quite a while to work on it even with the help from Yixing and Minseok. But on a positive side, it helped his mind off of Sehun.

Sehun.

His name would just ring uninvitedly in his ears. In his mind. In his days.

Luhan still couldn’t get over the sadness over Sehun’s harsh words but he somehow understood the younger male’s uneasiness. He got annoyed a lot of times too, whenever he found Sehun talking so fast in Korean with someone he didn’t know. Even though most of them were only classmates, but still, it annoyed him.

He tiredly opened his locker to grab his books. He only had another homework to do and then he was done for the week. When Luhan was about to close it, he spotted a piece of paper lying underneath his book. Frowning, he carefully took it and read what’s written on the paper.

I know what was wrong with me.

I was jealous.

I’m sorry. Please, please forgive me.

Luhan’s lips curved into a small smile as he glanced at the killer handwriting and leaned his head against the cold locker. He flipped the paper to find any other word or sentence, but nothing more. Luhan’s frown got deeper.

“I know I’m supposed to write more, but I think it’d be better if I say it to you in person.”

Luhan almost screamed in shock when Sehun appeared suddenly out of nowhere. The former looked relieved as he placed a hand across his chest, trying to calm his poor heart.

“Don’t,” Luhan breathed. “Do that anymore.”

“...don’t write you cheesy words anymore?”

“...shock me to death, Sehunie.”

“Oh.”

Sehun cleared his throat as he fished his hands to his jeans pockets. Luhan was quite amused to see him in a nervous state like this, and he waited. He waited patiently for the handsome male to say something.

“Luhan...gege.

Luhan raised his brows as his smile widened.

“Please.”

Sehun cornered Luhan to the locker and the latter held his breath. He did not expect something like this.

“Be my boyfriend.”

Luhan fluttered his eyes closed as he felt Sehun’s warm lips crashed against his.

 

 

***

 

 

“And then he had to go back and forth to the Korean and France embassy because he had to take care of the papers,” Sehun spoke as he started a random conversation about ‘international marriage.’

Kris listened to the whole conversation with interest. “Interesting. I mean, surely it would take a lot of effort and time for that.”

“My aunt got married to a Christian,” Baekhyun suddenly said as he gazed at his engagement ring. “It was a pretty complicated situation, too. Although she didn’t have to go back and forth to any embassy, I still think it was tiring.”

The others murmured in agreement.

“So...” Kris cleared his throat. “You said the party was held twice?”

“Yeah, one in France and one in Korea. Imagine the amount of money used.”

Kyungsoo whistled while Jongdae only shook his head in amusement at the conversation.

“I guess...”, Kris looked over at Zitao and smiled. “I guess I’m still gonna need a lot of money too when I marry you, even if we do it in China. You’re so spendthrift.”

“Me? It’s always you who buys things for me...”,Tao made a face.

They snickered loudly and Kris poked Tao’s nose caringly.

Sehun noticed his boyfriend making his way to his side to join them. He had a class with Yixing just now.

“I will work too,” Baekhyun said shyly. It was obvious that his mind was someplace else for a certain tall male. “Even though Chanyeol basically has everything in his life. I just don’t want to be a burden to him.”

“I think I will, too,” Sehun shrugged, silently approving that Luhan, too, got everything in his life. “I’m gonna work even though I’m gonna be sick and tired and it drains the soul out of me.”

Luhan frowned and caressed Sehun’s cheek. “Why?”

Sehun draped an arm casually around Luhan’s shoulder.

“Because I’m gonna marry a Chinese.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And we’re gonna need a lot of money if the party’s going to be held twice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “So you’re Luhan’s boyfriend?”, Yixing asked politely.

“Yes. You’re... Yixing...gege, right?”

“Right,” Yixing smiled. “You know, I’ve always wondered if Luhan will ever get his type.”

“Really? What is his type, anyway?”

“Korean. Tall. A few years younger.”

Sehun made a face.

“I guess it’s you, huh?”