HyukYoung || The Neighborhood Diner

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for kyusseu

 

The Neighborhood Diner

~flow19~

 

                A tired huff escaped Sooyoung’s lips as she plopped down on one of those chairs dolled up with lace and ribbons and what have you. The night was considerably young when the occasion she was supposed to be a part of was taken into account. Truth be told, it was already nearing midnight and this party looked so far from being over. She had expected it to be that way but it didn’t mean she wasn’t tired. Being on her feet in five inch stilettos, having to smile when she really didn’t feel like it and feeling like everyone’s eyes were on her were too exhausting.

                She felt herself shiver slightly from the coldness in the ballroom, wanting nothing more than to leave. But of course, she couldn’t. She was expected to stay and uphold the image. Sooyoung let out a sigh; being a model a lot of times. Though she had expensive designer jewellery and clothes on her, the brunette didn’t feel that good about it. As a matter of fact, she hated how the men – especially the much older ones – would stare openly at her long, slender legs that the strapless, cream-coloured mini dress her stylists forced on her flaunted.

“There you are!’ Tiffany appeared in her line of sight before she could think any more. “I’ve been looking for you.”

“I just needed a break.” She replied. “This place is pretty stiff.”

“That’s putting it mildly.” The older woman rolled her eyes. “We have to put on our very best behaviour and smile all the time and be polite and… What are we? Children?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at that, opening to say something when two other figures joined them. “You look like you’re having a lot of fun.”

“Too much fun.” Heechul deadpanned; his arm tightening slightly around the waist of an already tipsy, bordering on drunk Jessica. “If it’s alright with you two, I’m going to take her home.”

“You should, oppa.” Tiffany nodded in agreement.

Jessica pouted. “I’m not drunk! Just a wittle, wittle bit.”

 “Child language is the first sign of Jessica Jung’s drunkenness.” Sooyoung let out a sigh at that before she got up on her feet. “I’ll help you two to the car. I need fresh air, anyway. This place is getting too stuffy.”

“I’ll stay here. I need to find Jaejoong oppa anyway.” Tiffany waited until Jessica’s purse was already in Sooyoung’s possession. “Take care, guys. Drive safely, oppa.”

                Heechul nodded, bidding Tiffany good night on his and Jessica’s behalf before the trio headed out of the ballroom. It was more of Sooyoung and Heechul walking out of the said place while Jessica was half-carried and half-dragged out. Considering the late hour, there wasn’t that many people in the hotel lobby and for that, both Sooyoung and Heechul were thankful. The last thing they needed was an unnecessary audience watching Jessica giggle or sing out of the blue.

Once his car had appeared and the valet had given him his key, Heechul and Sooyoung helped Jessica onto the passenger’s seat; Sooyoung taking in the time to put on the seatbelt for her friend while Heechul took care of the valet. “That’s settled.” He said, pocketing his wallet once more. “Are you staying in the party or do you wanna go too? I can give you a ride home.”

Sooyoung shook his head. “I think I’ll stay for another half hour or so… then who knows what I’ll do next.”

He arched an eyebrow at that. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

The brunette smirked. “That doesn’t leave much.”

                He mimicked her in response, waving goodbye before getting in the driver’s seat; the car soon speeding away from the hotel.  Sooyoung awaited until the car was out of sigh, turning around and walking back into the lobby. Truth be told, she didn’t want to go back to the ballroom but then, there wasn’t anything better she could do. Half an hour more wouldn’t kill her. It might bore her out of her mind but she’d live.

“Sooyoung?”

She froze, slowly turning to find herself face to face with a man she hadn’t seen since her school-aged years.

                Lee Eunhyuk stood a couple of feet away from her, seeming to have come from the general direction of the hotel bar. He had a wide smile on his face; his jet black hair slightly messy atop his head. Surprising enough for her, he was in a pale blue button-down long sleeved shirt, grey dress pants and pair of leather shoes. She hadn’t seen him in long while and last she saw him, he was the well-known hip hop loving prankster, the best friend of the much more subdued and child-like Lee Donghae and Kim Junsu. The man before her showed no signs of the one she used to know.

“Eunhyuk oppa?” A smile of her own made its way to her lips. “Is that you?”

“The one and only.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter