SooHan || Bus Stop

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for sooyoungie-unnie

 

Bus Stop

~flow19~

 

He would see her in the bus stop every night.

                She was a tall, slender lady with shiny chocolate brown hair and bright similarly coloured eyes that shone even in the darkness. She rode that same bus stop around the same time every night, that same bus stop that was on the corner of the street where the bookstore he and his friends owned was. He saw her every night heading home just as he was about to do so himself; he in his Mercedes-Benz SL Roadster and she in the passenger bus.

                In every night that he saw her head home, he felt like he was witnessing bits and pieces of her life. Sometimes, he’d see her so happy that her eyes glowed along with the bright smile on her face. Sometimes, he’d see her so tired that he worried that she could reach home before she fell fast asleep. And there were times that he saw tears fall from her normally bright eyes as she walked past his office. As rare as those nights were, they weren’t easily forgotten.

                Luhan was never one to believe at love at first sight and despite his fascination with this brunette beauty, he still didn’t. What he felt about her wasn’t love… well, not yet. It was still a simple crush. He was certain of at least that much. Did he want it to become more than that? Hell, yes. It was just a matter of time, good luck and a lot of effort.

“Hyung, snap out of it.” Sehun elbowed him not so kindly in the ribs, causing him to snap out of his thoughts.

“Sorry about that.” He offered a sheepish smile to his best friend. “I was just thinking about something.”

“I know, I know.” The younger man waved it off nonchalantly. “I know you were thinking about her again.”

His ears tinged pink. “Who ‘her’?”

“That tall, brown haired beautiful noona who passes here every time she goes home.” Sehun rolled his eyes at the stunned expression that crossed Luhan’s face. “There’s not much you can hide from me, you know. I’m your best friend for a reason.”

“What makes you think I was thinking about her?”

“You’re blushing.”

His hands immediately flew to his cheeks. “I’m not!”

Sehun rolled his eyes good naturedly. “Why don’t you just approach her and say hi? It wouldn’t hurt to try.”

“Uh… No.” Luhan made a face. “I don’t want to freak her out.”

“Suit yourself.” He shrugged; the two best friends roaming around their bookstore to see if everything was in order. “You might run out of chances.”

 

o-o-o-o-o

 

                It was one of those nights that Luhan decided to stay behind and help his staff close up the bookstore. It also was one of those nights when the rain poured so hard as if it’d never rain anymore after that. His staff had worried about not being able to go home on time because of the rain and he had let them go early, saying that he could close down the store on his own. He had a car anyway, safely tucked inside the indoor parking behind the store. It really was much harder to ride public transport when it was raining. Luhan suddenly stilled and his attention from the books on the counter to the entrance of the bookstore, watching as the rain pelted the floor to ceiling glass windows.

Does she have an umbrella?

                Luhan worriedly chewed on his lip as he glanced at the nearby clock. It was that time of the night when he’d usually see her walk past by the store on her way to the bus stop. Did she pass by already? Was she stranded somewhere? Did someone offer her a ride home? Luhan moved away from the counter towards the window, squinting his eyes to get a better look outside. There wasn’t much that he could see thanks to the rain and the evening sky.

Before he could turn away, a flash of blue, red and brown caught his eye.

                He pressed himself against the window, muttering under his breath as he tried to get a better look. It was her and she was running under the heavy rain to get to the bus stop. Luhan suddenly became frazzled, not knowing what to do. Should he offer to drive her home? But that might freak her out. Should he offer her shelter in the bookstore? But what if she really needed to come home already? Looking around, Luhan found an umbrella by the door, hurriedly grabbing it before he ran out of the door.

                Struggling to open the umbrella thanks to the strong winds, he ran after her, hoping that neither of them would slip as they went. Luhan could see that she merely had her bag to cover her head but that was pointless thanks to the wind. Finally opening the umbrella and shielding himself from the rain, Luhan slowed down as she came to a halt by the bus stop, craning her neck in vain to see if the next scheduled bus was arriving.

                His heart beat wildly in his chest as he moved closer and closer to her, stopping when he was close enough. With his shaking free hand, he reached out to tap her shoulder; his breath hitching in his throat when she turned around. It awed him how beautiful she was even when she was soaked thanks to the rain. Offering the best smile he could, he handed her the umbrella, running off back to the bookstore before she could say anything.

o-o-o-o-o

“Hyung!” Sehun appeared from the children’s section. “This area’s all set already.”

“Same here!” Chanyeol chirped from his spot among the cookbooks.

“Here too.” Lay added, placing the last biography book in his hand in its rightful shelf.

Luhan grinned, turning his attention to the entrance. “Heechul hyung, we can open the shop now.”

The store’s general manager nodded, flipping the sign from closed to open. It was a brand new day and needless to say, everyone was happy to see the sun again. Business had been slow thanks to the bad weather and now that the weather was perfect, they could definitely expect an increase for the day’s sales. Luhan nodded to himself, finishing arranging the books on the table of new arrivals when Xiumin approached him.

“What are you going to be up to today?”

Luhan paused for a moment in thought. “It’s my turn to pick the books we’ll feature for next month… and I have to do my rounds in the publishing houses assigned to me.”

“You want me to come with you?” He asked.

“I’ll manage.” The taller of the two men grinned. “And isn’t it your day off today?”

Lay shrugged nonchalantly. “I don’t have anything to do at home anyway.”

“Hyung! Hyung!” Sehun came running towards them before he could even say anything. “Luhan hyung!”

“What? What?” He asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Look!”

                Luhan turned towards the direction his best friend was pointing at; his eyes widening and his jaw nearly hitting the floor when he saw her. Even in the simple way she dressed she had managed to take his breath away like she usually did. He was about to question why she was there when he noticed the familiar object in her hand. The umbrella he lent her last night.

“Er… I’ll be at the back if you need me.”

“You chicken.” Sehun hooked a finger on his collar before Luhan could leave, keeping him in place. “Here’s your chance to talk to her. What the hell are you waiting for?”

He looked at him with wide eyes. “I don’t know what to say.”

Lay rolled his eyes, leaving the two to approach the mystery woman and offering her a polite smile in greeting. “Good morning. How may I help you?”

“Uh… Hi.” She stammered in her reply. “I’m looking for this guy… I’m pretty sure he works here. Tall, Chin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter