SooWon || Just For You

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for iamalysa

 

Just For You

~flow19~

 

I don’t know but I believe
That some things are meant to be
And that you’ll make a better me
Everyday I love you

                Despite the late hour and the fact that it was Monday the next day, the dimly-lit bar was packed with people. Some came alone. Some came with friends. Some came with the loves of their lives. In any case, the audience was silent, food temporarily forgotten just like the drinks. Everyone’s attention was on the man seated on a stool in the middle of the small stage; his eyes soulful as he smoothly sang the first few lines of the Boyzone classic.

                He stood out easily, not because he was on the stage singing, but because he was in the United States and the country wasn’t his home. A couple of minds wondered why a model-like man was in foreign land when, judging by his looks and talent, he could make it big in his home country. But those thoughts flew out of their minds easily as they drowned themselves in his voice.

I never thought that dreams came true
But you showed me that they do
You know that I learn something new
Everyday I love you

                He only came to perform in the bar every Sunday and each week, the songs he sang would always be different – except for one song and it was the same song that was taking the crowd’s breath away. It wasn’t something that the management or even the crowd insisted. It was his own request to be allowed to sing it every week and though his audience didn’t know why, they didn’t mind. It was the song they loved most that he ever sang.

‘Cause I believe that destiny
is out of our control
(Don’t you know that I do)
And you’ll never live until you love
With all your heart and soul

“I wonder if she knows.”

Amber Liu looked away from the stage to arch an eyebrow at her co-worker. “Who?”

“The girl the song’s for…” Tiffany Hwang hugged the round tray closer to her chest. “I wonder if she knows how much he loves her.”

That got her attention. “You think that he’s singing this song for a girl?”

“Oh, come on. Look at him.” She gestured to him; his eyes now close as the heart-felt words came out of his lips. “Look at how he’s singing. He’s really, really in love with the person.”

“I agree with her.” Jessica Jung took a short break from teaching her still hopeless in English boyfriend, Kim Heechul, to join the conversation. “Singing is one thing… Singing with that kind of emotion and passion is another.”

                Amber fell silent, paying closer attention to the performance once again. Truth be told, she had been focusing more on Henry Lay up until that time; the latter playing the piano for the night’s most anticipated performer. Amber used to not fully understand how that man on the stage could attract this kind of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter