SooTaem || Coming Home

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for sooyoungee

 

Coming Home

~flow19~

 

Two months

Two freaking months

It had been two months since Choi Sooyoung was last in Korea.

                She couldn’t remember when she last felt this tired and homesick her entire life. Sure, this wasn’t the first time she had to be away from home but this was the first time that they hadn’t returned at all for rest or rehearsals. The management had wanted to squeeze in a short yet continuous tour before their next album and now that that tour was over, they were all more than ready to go home.

“Oppa’s going crazy back in Korea, isn’t he?” Seohyun commented as Jessica returned after answering the fourth call from Heechul. “Can’t say I blame him.”

She rolled her eyes good naturedly. “I don’t… but if he can wait for two months, he sure can wait for another two hours. You’re lucky Yonghwa doesn’t find the need to call every hour or something.”

“He’s also on tour, unnie.” A beat passed. “Tiffany unnie! Stop texting already! We’re about to board soon. Nichkhun oppa can wait.”

The older woman pouted but tucked her phone back into her purse nonetheless. “We were just finalizing our plans for tonight…”

Sooyoung sighed overdramatically. “I’m starting to feel left out. You have Nichkhun oppa. Seohyun has Yonghwa oppa. Sica has Heechul oppa. Hyoyeon has Eunhyuk oppa. Yuri has Minho. Taeng has Leeteuk oppa. Sunny has Sungmin oppa and Yoong has Donghae oppa. I have nobody.”

“But there’s – OW!” A sudden yelp escaped Sunny’s lips when a small notebook ‘accidentally’ fell on her foot. “YAH!”

“I’m so sorry. It slipped from fingers.” Hyoyeon shot her a quick, pointed look before she bent down to retrieve her notebook.

Yoona coughed awkwardly. “Donghae oppa and I are just friends.”

Sooyoung shot Tiffany and Hyoyeon one more curious look before she quipped. “Yeah, and pigs can fly.”

“There’s nothing wrong with being single anyway.” Taeyeon wrapped her arms around the tallest woman in their bunch. “Look at it this way… at least you don’t have to share food with anyone.”

“Isn’t he supposed to buy food for me and himself? But I get your point.” She grinned. “Food always comes first.”

Yuri opened to say something when their flight was called, getting up on her feet and taking her carry on luggage with her. “Come on, girls. It’s time to go home.”

“Home…” Jessica smiled broadly. “I like the sound of that.”

                Sooyoung followed behind her eight sisters, keeping a small smile on her face so that they wouldn’t ask questions. Truth be told, there was nothing really wrong with being single. Not all. The thing was, she wasn’t really sure if she was single. Just like the other girls, she had someone… or at least she thought she had someone before she left Korea for the tour. These days, Sooyoung wasn’t sure anymore.

                They talked to each other and exchanged text messages from time to time while she was away yet she couldn’t help but wish they did that more often. But she knew she had to be content. It wasn’t like they were dating or something anyway. They had, however, gotten much, much closer the past months and Sooyoung knew that maybe – just maybe – they had something special; a mutual understanding, of course. Sooyoung fought a sigh from escaping her lips as she settled on her seat for the two hour flight. For the first time in quite a while, she was gratefully she had no seatmate. She really didn’t want any of the girls to know she was thinking about him.

Lee Taemin

                Once upon a time, he was just a little brother to her – a little kid in fact. He was the youngest member in SHINee after all and he took the role of maknae to heart. Sooyoung had always been close to the five boys and even to Taemin’s best friend, Kai. But Taemin had always just been a little brother; someone to fool around with him and laugh with when Key or Jonghyun weren’t around.

She figured that those were the exact things that she liked most about him.

                He never lost this childlike innocence even as he grew older and older and many times, Sooyoung found herself forgetting everything when she was with him. From being the little brother she never had, he had quickly became the friend that she depended on, that she could talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter