SooKris || Advesperascit

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This one shot is inspired by the picture you will see here.

 

for GoddessOfChaos

 

Advesperascit

~flow19~

 

 

She knew he was going to be there again tonight.

Just like every other night since they met

He hadn’t missed a night and a part of her knew for whatever reason that he wouldn’t.

She was supposed to be afraid of him. Any sane person would be.

He wasn’t even supposed to exist.

But there she was, drawn to him like a moth to flame, anticipating as each evening drew near.

                Choi Sooyoung stared out at the slowly darkening sky; her hands the wooden rails of her balcony. The wind was cold and mysterious yet it was somehow refreshing. She liked it that way, how it brushed so coolly against her skin. The feeling reminded her so much of him, her dark angel.

                She had met him that one gloomy day in the most isolated part of the park. The sky was overcast that day and she should have known that really wasn’t going to be her day. That day, she found out that one of her closest friends was secretly seeing that guy she had been crushing on for the longest time. Add a loud screaming match between her parents and Sooyoung went running off to that one peaceful place she knew. She thought she was the only one who ever went in the area. But there he was that time, sitting on the grass in a faded pair of jeans and a black knitted sweatshirt with his sandy blonde hair and alabaster skin.

                Sooyoung remembered how he instantly made a move to leave when he saw her but she had managed to ask him to stay, thinking it was unfair that he had to leave just because she arrived. She saw the hesitation, the internal conflict in his eyes but he had nodded, stiffly as it was, and sat back down. Despite the company of the other, they had been silent with tear stains still on her face and a guarded look on his.

Finally, she had mustered the courage to ask who he was because the fact that he was there in that place she thought only she went to made her think that maybe – just maybe – they had something more in common. Sooyoung saw his hesitation again; the kind that told her that there was something definitely different about him. But then he opened his mouth and spoke so soft that she thought at first that she was hearing things.

Kris

                She had known right away that he was different. He was too guarded. He was too cautious. It was clear that he shouldn’t have even spoken to her. It was clear that he was hiding something from her. It hadn’t been clear to her what it could possibly be… until the night that her mother threatened to divorce her father. Sooyoung had run away again, not caring that it was late in the evening. She had to. She couldn’t take the possibility of her family breaking right in front of her eyes. She ran all the way to the park, thinking that no one would be there at that time of the night. But as she drew closer to her secret place, she saw a figure of a tall man. Silently hiding behind a thick tree, she peeked.

It was Kris and his fangs glistened in the moonlight.

                Her first instinct was to run, to hide before Kris could catch her. She knew his deepest, darkest secret now. He was what every horror novel, show and movie portrayed as a monster. He was a killer, a nightwalker. Sooyoung stood frozen in shock, watching Kris’s every move. He was staring at the sky; an expression on his face she couldn’t quite name. The stars weren’t out and so was the moon. It was like they were hiding from him too.

                That was when she found out why she hadn’t screamed and ran away from fear. She could see past who he was and all she could see was a man who was lonely, a man who was yearning for acceptance no one was probably going to give him. Kris was a vampire. He could easily kill her, drain her blood until her life came along with it… yet all she wanted to do was to get to know him.

                That morning she had called in sick at work and decided to stay in the park the whole day, bringing food, water and a book or two. She had wanted to make sure that she was there when he came. It worried her that the sun was peeping out of gray coloured clouds, wondering if vampires really do burn in the sun. She had waited and waited and was almost on the verge of giving up when she heard the barely there footsteps and she looked up, finding Kris standing by a tree.

                He was at war again with himself and she knew that he could not know that she knew the truth. It wasn’t because she feared that he was going to hurt her. It was more of her fear of never seeing him again. So she did what a person would normally do. Sooyoung picked up the wrapped sandwich on her lap and offered it to him. Kris had stared at her wide-eyed, then at the sandwich. Slowly but surely, he took a step forward, followed by a series of steps until he was close enough. He held out a hand, took the sandw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter