Chapter Eighty Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

The minute Hae opened his mouth, Kyu's fist collided with his cheek, knocking the water handler out.

'What the heck, Kyu!' Hyuk shouted, catching the unconscious water handler.

'Call it tough love.' Kyu growled. 'You know what he was going to suggest.'

'But.' Hyuk tried.

Yesung put his hand on Hyuk's shoulder. 'He still hasn't learned to see what impact his self sacrificing nature has on us. Kyu did the right thing.'

'So, what will it be?' GD asked.

Heechul stepped up. 'You actually expect an answer?' He smirked. 'I have an important question for you though.'

Hae was slowly regaining consciousness.

'Shoot.' GD said.

'Why do you want the water handler?' Heechul said.

'To kill him.'

Min grabbed Hyuk's arm. 'Don't react.'

Heechul's glare intensified. 'Kill?'

'Yes.' GD said calmly.

'Why?' Kyu joined in the conversation.

GD thought for a bit. 'He's dangerous.'

All gazes went to Hae who was rubbing his bruised, swelling cheek and was pouting, his tearful eyes on his best friend.

'Are you sure he's the one?' Hyorin whispered.

'He's so cute.' Hyuna squealed.

'He must die.' GD's voice sounded cold and unmoved.

Hae's head snapped towards the enemy. 'Me?' He said.

'Yes, all will be better if you are gone.' GD continued.

'No.' Hae said.

'What do you mean with "no"?'

'Not everything would be better. Hyuk w-would miss me and Kyu would cry, so no!' Hae shouted.

'Yeah I would have to say no as well.' Heechul said.

'The Choi's decline also.' Siwon said.

'So there you have it.' Hyuk said.

GD sighed. 'Fine, attack!' He shouted.

Hyunseung jumped up and released his daggers, most bounced off the wooden wall Sunny had conjured within a second. Although several had found a target in an arm of leg of a vampire. Onew cried out in pain as he removed a dagger from his shoulder. He quickly covered everybody's vital parts with a thin but strong layer of metal while Hae patched him up.

Siwon, I can't keep TOP under my control for much longer.

It's okay, I'm working on an illusion for him, just let me know when you are at your end.

Taemin was fully healed and was protecting Minho.

Hyorin suddenly blinked next to Hae and hurt herself on his shield. Hyuk send a ray of fire after her but she quickly blinked away.

Hongki produced a string of mercury and lashed it out. It slowed down near the shields, allowing it to enter. The mercury crawled upon Hyuk's skin and attached to it, making him more heavy. It felt like his skin was ripping apart. The toxic liquid was entering his wounds. Hae saw it happening and panicked, he send a wave upon his boyfriend, washing away most of the mercury.

'How can you go against us?!' Min screamed and lightning flew through the air. Seungri quickly pushed Hongki aside, taking the electric bolt himself.

Hae witnessed it. 'See? They care for each other as well!'

Kyu growled. 'If I see one water patch on them, I'll hit you again.'

'They hurt Hyukkie.' Hae just stated. 'I'm not helping them anylonger.'

Minho collapsed and Siwon took over, forcing TOP into the illusion that his comrades were his enemies. He started blasting his shockwave to Daesung who yelped as he was smashed against a wall of the mansion.

'Aish you big idiot, they play with you like a damn puppet!' GD groaned as he looked into his friend's eyes and drained his energy. TOP fell to the ground and so did Siwon who pulled out too late and was drained as well.

Hae jumped up high and released his water darts while Hyuk extracted the temperature to turn them into ice while he shot fire to every moving hostile body he could see.

'They are so in sync.' Hyunseung admired.

Hyuna cried out as several darts penetrated her body. Daesung ran quickly in front of her and shot acid through the air, the droplets were unfazed by the shields and burnt their victims. Onew cried out in pain once more as he was protecting Taeyeon.

 

Luna opened her eyes. They looked even bigger than usual in her pale face. She bit her lip as her mind was determined.