Chapter Eighty Seven

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Are you alright?' Hyuk asked as he felt Hae lean on him for a couple of seconds.

'Y-yeah, they just pissed me off so much.' Hae was oblivious about the amount of respect he got from everyone who just witnessed that. Kyu jumped down the tree and patted his best friend on the back.

'We should watch out for y traps.' Heechul stated, rolling his eyes at a snickering Kangin. 'Seriously?' He spat at his clan mate. Kangin waved his hands apologetically but still chuckled a bit.

'Somehow vampires don't seem all that scary to me anymore.' Jessica mumbled to Changmin.

'Maybe they sometimes get brain damaged when they feed.' Kyu added, earning a glare from Hyuk.

Onew suddenly got roped up in the air, he dangled there for a second before Jessica jumped up and freed him.

'Look ahead! Don't get distracted!' Siwon yelled as he saw something crawling on the ground approach them.

'More ropes!' Yesung said.

'I know who this is.' Hyuk said through gritted teeth. 'Taeyang, show yourself!' He shouted. The ropes were crawling up to various vampires and hunters. Only a couple of powers could fight them. Hyuk started shooting fire, burning rope after rope.

'My shields aren't working against this!' Hae yelled.

'It's cause they move too slow, the shield doesn't think they are dangerous.' Junsu said as he tried to move as many as he could.

'Try to locate Taeyang!' Hyuk barked at the Choi's.

Sungmin was being tied against a tree. Kyu quickly shaped his weapon into a scimitar, slicing the ropes quickly, freeing his lover.

Kangin was struggling as three pieces were wrapped around him. Heechul put his hand on it. The explosion destroyed the ropes but hurt Kangin too. 'Ouch, damn it!' He growled. Taeyeon quickly ran up to him to heal the shallow wound.

'Guess my power is useless.' Heechul sighed.

Hae ran behind Hyuk who was already sweating. 'Hyuk, try to ask the help of the forest and its habitants.' Hyuk pivoted and looked at Hae. 'What?'

'Close your eyes and ask for their help! Let them feel the love.' Hae said quickly.

Hyuk sighed at his crazy lover and continued to attack the ropes one by one.

Suddenly it seemed like all the crawling ropes had found a target, they went for Hae. Hyuk knew he could never destroy them all quickly enough and he panicked. Help! A weird feeling spread over his body. It was like his fingertips got extra sensitive. All his senses were heightened.

Kyu and a couple of others were trying to free Hae desperately as the ropes started squeezing the water handler. 'Hyuk! Stop daydreaming!'

'Let him be, something is going to happen, it's like with Hae earlier!' Yesung yelled.

Suddenly royal blue rays were surrounding Hyuk, they came from the trees, the bushes, everything. They are lending me a bit of their life force. Hyuk understood it now. This is what Hae had discovered. As Hyuk felt his body take in all the power, he focused on the ropes and every single one burst in flames.

'What the bloody !' Heechul yelled out as he watched them all being destroyed in a split second.

Hyuk ran up to Hae. 'Are you okay, Hae?'

Hae was smiling weakly. 'I knew you could do it.' Hae suddenly started crying.

'Baby, please.' Hyuk choked.

'Is he hurt?' Kyu kneeled down next to them, all worried.

Hae just reached out for Hyuk. He hugged the fire handler and looked at Kyu. 'He loves me, Kyu, he really does!'

'Of course he does, you slowpoke!' Kyu sighed.

'Why are they acting like a bunch of girls?' Heechul whined.

'I think that ray stuff they do, can only be done if they love the person that needs saving.' Yesung said softly.

Heechul huffed.

'It's okay, hyung, I know you are a softie on the inside.' Yeye handed him a tissue.

'I'm not crying!' Heechul yelled.

'Of course not, something probably flew into your eye, into both of them....at the same time.' Yesung patted him.

 

'Taeyang failed.' Seungri informed GD.

'Daesung, go wake TOP' GD ordered.

'But boss, you know how grumpy he gets when he's...'

'Now, Daesung.'

Daesung bowed and quickly ran up the stairs.

'Go slow them down.' GD told Seungri.

A roar sounded from upstairs. GD looked up and saw Daesung fly through the hallway, landing against the wall.

'Guess TOP is awake.' He mumbled.

 

Just as they saw GD's mansion in the distance, it started to get foggy.

Hyuk told them to stop. He and Sungmin shared a look.

'What's up?' Kyu asked, noticing the tension.

'It seems we have a rogue.' Min said softly.

'A rogue?' Hae asked.

'This mist isn't natural.' Hyuk stated.

'It's conjured by a Lee.' Heechul added.

Hae smiled. 'There are more?'

'This isn't good, Hae.' Kyu said sternly.

'Seems we should have checked up on GD more.' Siwon sighed. 

Hyuk grabbed Hae's wrist. 'Everyone go in pairs, Taemin try to blow the clouds right ahead of us apart, okay?'

The air handler was already on it, shielded heavily by Hae.

Hyuk's hand slid down Hae's wrist and squeezed his hand to calm his lover. Hae squeezed back, interlacing their fingers.