Chapter Seventy Seven

Between Betrayal and Lust

'So does anything point to Hae still being a target?' Heechul asked.

'Hae's a target?' Kyu frowned.

'Right, you weren't in our previous meeting.' Siwon said. 'We think someone is after Hae, they clearly tried to frame him for at least two generations now.'

'They messed up all of our memories.' Hyuk said.

'Yes, mine too, they made me think I was tortured and killed by him.' Kyu sighed.

'I don't want him on the battle field.' Hyuk admitted. 'Not unless we are sure he is no target?'

'Do you think you can keep him away?' Heechul wondered.

Hyuk lowered his head.

'You two are practically invincible together.' Siwon added. 'And you know I'll protect him with my life.'

'So will I.' Kyu said firmly.

'Well, haven't you turned around.' Heechul smirked.

'Look, I'm sorry for the things I've caused but it is really unnatural for me to sit here with the three of you without trying to rip your heads off.' Kyu stated.

'Yes, yes, we do appreciate your good will, brat.' Heechul huffed, earning a glare.

'We better not inform Hae though, he might go on another self sacrificing mission.' Hyuk said. 'And I don't think I can take more of those.'

They all agreed on that.

'Did the missions provide us with more information?' Siwon asked.

'All the reports are in, some vampires told our teams that they've seen Jonghyun entering G-Dragon's place.' Heechul said.

'Krystal?' Kyu asked.

'Was with him.' Heechul confirmed.

'That is so strange, out of all of us hunters, Krystal hates vampires the most. Her best friend was killed by one when she was younger.' Kyu frowned.

'GD has been working freelance for awhile but usually he's connected to the Park's.' Hyuk said.

Siwon looked at his hands, almost ashamed of his inner thoughts.

'What is it, Siwon?' Heechul said, noticing the internal struggle.

'Do you think, aish, no that can't be.' Siwon ruffled his own hair.

'Speak.' Hyuk said.

Siwon looked at them, caution in his eyes. 'Do you think Leeteuk could be behind this?'

Hyuk laughed. 'Hell no, he's a Park, they are neutral.' He was the only one laughing though. A deep fear crawled into his heart. 'Heechul, back me up here.'

'Sorry, no can do. I know for a fact that the Park's aren't as neutral as we think.' Heechul said.

Someone knocked on the door. Onew entered with a plate filled with coffee and tea. He placed it on the table. He laughed at his leader's pout and lifted a kitchen towel off the tray to reveal a strawberry milk. He started serving the others.

'How are you so sure?' Siwon asked Heechul.

'I slept with Luna on alignment day.' Heechul shrugged.

Onew paled and forgot what he was doing.

Kyu screamed as hot coffee was spilled over his hands.

'I'm so sorry!' Onew said, his eyes welling up.

Hyuk immediately absorbed the heat of the coffee and covered Kyu's hands with purple flames, healing the wounds. 'Better?' He asked.

Kyu nodded, eyeing the metal handler quickly leaving the room. 'What was that all about?'

'He might have a small crush on Luna.' Hyuk sighed.

Siwon punched Heechul on the upper arm. 'Well done, blurting such things out!' He said annoyed.

'Let's focus on the fact that the Park's might not be as neutral as we wished them to be.' Kyu said. 'Do we have more proof?'

Heechul suddenly seemed absent, a sad expression on his face.

The other three looked at each other and waited for Heechul to speak.

 

Hae knocked on a bedroom door. 'Henry, are you in here?'

Suddenly the door was opened and Amber appeared. 'What do you want?' She asked.

Hae blinked. 'Good morning Amber!'

'Morning' She said hesitantly.

'Is Henry here?'

'Why do you need him?' She asked with suspicion lacing her tone.

'T-to talk to him.' Hae said, confused by the usually kind Amber sounding so cold.

Amber closed in. 'Are you going to drink from him?' She asked with a narrowed gaze.

Hae's face showed utter shock. 'No!'

Amber smiled. 'Okay, you may enter, stay with him while I shower.' She said and took off.

Hae entered the room and saw Henry still sleeping on the bed. He smiled at the adorable sight as the boy was sprawled all over the bed.

'Henry? Wake up!' Hae nudged him gently but no response was given.

Hae tore of the sheets. Henry just crawled into fetal position but didn't wake up.

Hae considered trashing water all over the boy but suddenly thought of something. 'Oh, wow Amber, you are completely !' He said out loud.

Henry jumped up, his head turning left to right. 'Amber?'

Hae couldn't stop laughing. Henry realised he had been tricked, picked up a pillow and started beating the vampire with it. After a minute he was exhausted and laid back down.

'Are you alright?' Hae frowned.

'I just get tired easily.' Henry confessed.

'I want to take you to the Kim's healer.' Hae said, completely serious now.

'Amber can't know, she can't find out I'm sick.' Henry pleaded.

'Then we won't tell her.' Hae nodded, respecting the other's choice. 'Although she would be a great support.'

'I know, but it would sadden her.' Henry whispered.

 

Yesung saw Onew running through the kitchen door towards the garden. He frowned as he felt the heart break. He dropped the pen he was holding and put the crossword puzzle down. He quickly got up and followed the metal handler.

'What happened?' Yeye asked.

Onew got startled and quickly wiped away his tears. 'N-n-nothing.'

'I can sense you being ripped apart on the inside.' Yesung said softly.

'There is a girl I like, but she....'

'She betrayed you?' Yesung asked.

'No, she never promised me anything, we never even really talked properly, I've only seen her a couple of times, but.'

'But you really like her.' Yesung nodded.

Onew sighed. 'She slept with Heechul.'

'Lots of people have.' Yesung blurted out, then realised what he said and covered his mouth.

Onew chuckled for a moment despite his tears. 'Our leaders are deprived for sure, Hyuk can't keep his hands off of Hae for two seconds.'

'Trust me, no one is as as that monkey.' Yeye laughed. 'But you know, it's not cause she slept with him that it means something'

'I know, it just confirms that what I feel is one sided, it was doomed from the start anyway.' Onew sighed.

'Lots of things seemed doomed, my friend, but look at Hyuk and Hae, Taemin and Minho or Kyu and Sungmin. Sometimes love can't be ignored.' Yeye smiled.