Chapter Sixty Three

Between Betrayal and Lust

There was no joy in Heechul's eyes as he saw Kangin approach dragging Hyuk behind him. There was no surprise either. Hyoyeon had been having a lot of visions lately but none of them seemed to make sense. She had predicted that Hyuk would stand in front of him like this one day.

'Leave us.' Heechul ordered.

Kangin wanted to speak up but felt the strange mood his leader was in and obeyed.

'Sit.' Heechul said to Hyuk.

Hyuk dropped to the floor.

Heechul rolled his eyes. 'On a chair, you moron.'

Hyuk blushed, got up and had a seat.

Heechul scanned his enemy's face. He frowned. 'Are you sick?'

'What? No.' Hyuk answered.

'You look like , man.' Heechul eyed the trembling hands of the other yet he saw no fear in his eyes.

'I need your help.'

Heechul cocked up an eyebrow. 'Give me one reason why I shouldn't just slit your throat right now.'

Hyuk's eyes reflected all the pain he was feeling. 'They have Hae.' His voice broke.

Heechul couldn't tear his gaze away from the emotions in those eyes.

'The hunters have Hae.' Hyuk repeated after clearing his throat.

Heechul swallowed. 'And I should care....why?'

'Help us retrieve him and the Lee's will acknowledge the Kim's as their superior.'

Heechul's jaw dropped. Then he narrowed his eyes. 'What is the catch?'

'You can't kill any of the hunters, especially not Kyu.'

Heechul's eyes widened. 'So that was that vision about, Kyu has shown his true self.'

'You knew?' Hyuk yelled.

Heechul simply nodded. He smirked. 'Must have been quite a blow for you guys to find that out.'

'Hae and Sungmin....suffered the most, they still are, but we all were shocked.'

Heechul started to get annoyed. Why was he listening calmly to the heartaches of his enemy? 'Anyway, I don't trust you guys, this could be a trap.'

'Let Wookie administer a truth serum.' Yesung said, appearing from a dark corner of a room.

'You are saying he's being sincere?' Heechul laughed in disbelief.

Yesung looked his leader in the eye with a sad expression. 'Yes, but I know I've lost your trust, so ask Wookie.'

Heechul looked at his clan member and sighed. 'But maybe I get more joy out of getting to torture this one? Maybe I want to cut him away piece by piece? Maybe I want him to beg me for his life? Maybe...'

Hyuk fell to his knees and bowed deeply. 'You can do all of that, but please help us get Hae.'

'You know this kind of love.' Yesung said softly to his leader.

'Shut up!' Heechul got angry. 'Shut the up! I let a lot of your actions slip in the past, Yeye. Cause for some twisted reason I'm quite fond of you but don't step over the line. Don't push it! I know you two have a history, I'm no idiot! Now get Wookie.'

Yesung bowed and obeyed.

'Why did you say Sungmin suffered the most?' Heechul suddenly asked.

Hyuk sighed. 'When Kyu was a human, they were close, Minnie fell in love.'

'Sungmin never falls in love.' Heechul mocked.

'He did now.'

'Then he's an idiot.' Heechul snarled.

'You may have been around for a long time, Heechul, you may have seen two or three generations of Lee's but don't tell me that you think you can decide who you fall for.' Hyuk said softly.

 

Changmin entered the room. 'Hey.' He greeted Hae.

Hae turned over and looked at his former friend. 'Hey.'

Changmin looked uneasy, he was playing with some chains.

Hae eyed him and sighed. 'Do what you have to do.'

Changmin closed in. 'Lay down.'

Hae obeyed.

Changmin secured the vampire on the bed. 'This might hurt.' He warned as he made an incision in one of Hae's arms.

Hae just stared at him and huffed. 'Other parts ache more.'

Changmin observed the boy. He wanted to his hair. He wanted to comfort him, to tell him all would be alright.

Suddenly a water patch appeared on the cut. Hae cursed and willed it away. 'I'm sorry, you'll have to cut again.'

'You can heal?' Changmin asked.

Hae nodded. 'It was done automatically, I'll refrain my body from reacting like that again.'

Changmin made a new cut while his thoughts were in chaos.

Hae's blood slowly seeped out of him. A tear escaped his eye.

'Don't cry.' Changmin whispered.

'It's just that this blood is the last thing I have from Hyukkie.' Hae turned his head so the other wouldn't see his tears.

 

'This potion is a truth serum. You won't be able to lie for about 15 minutes.' Ryeowook explained. Hyuk nodded and drank it.

Kangin had entered the room and was leaning against the door frame.

'Why are you here?' Heechul asked.

'To get your help to free Hae.'

'What are you willing to do for us in return?'

'Anything, the entire Lee clan is willing to submit to the Kim's in exchange for your help.'

'You sure this stuff works?' Heechul snarled at Ryeowook.

Wookie sighed in annoyance. 'Kangin, drink this.'

Kangin slowly walked over and drank from the potion.

'What is your darkest secret?' Wookie asked with a smirk.

'I like to wear silky underwear cause it feels so nice against my skin.' Kangin confessed immediately. He realised what he had said as he saw the looks of disbelief on the others. 'Screw you, Wookie!' He yelled as he ran out of the room.

Ryeowook lifted an eyebrow as he looked at Heechul.

'Okay, I believe you, don't get all cocky on me.' The leader sighed. He turned his attention back to his enemy.

'So why are you willing to go this far?' He asked.

'I love Donghae.'

'You mean you want him.'

'I want him, I need him, there are a million sentences I can make like that.'

'Is he that good in bed?' Heechul smirked.

Fire lit up in Hyuk's eyes. His cuffed hands prevented the fire from lashing out but the response was still incredibly strong.

'My, oh my, such a temper. The boy must be gold in bed.' Heechul kept the teasing going. 'So does the rest of your clan agree with this proposal?'

Hyuk nodded.

'You are all fools.'

'You haven't lived with Hae. He's one of a kind. The boy is pure love.' Hyuk whispered.

'Maybe I should include that in our deal. If we free him, he has to live with us. Maybe I won't allow you two to see each other ever again.'

Hyuk lowered his head. 'As long as he's alive, the rest is fine by me.'

Heechul just stared.

'But he needs to drink my blood once in awhile. He never drank from anyone else.'

'What?' Heechul yelled out in surprise.

'He refused and I, I just couldn't force him.'

'How long has it been since he fed?'

'He should be fine for a bit. We recently drank.'

'Bunch of love sick fools.' Heechul mumbled. He saw Yesung's concerned eyes upon his enemy and sighed. What should I do, this deal is tempting but I might lose Yesung in the process. Too much exposure between Hyuk and Yeye will draw Yeye towards the other. Damn it!