Chapter Sixty Two

Between Betrayal and Lust

'I'm going alone.' Hyuk said stubbornly.

'Yeah, right.' Sungmin huffed.

'You all wanted me to remain as a leader, respect my decisions.'

Sunny started crying.

Sungmin walked over to her and held her close. 'Shhhh, it's going to be okay.' He rubbed her back slowly.

'I don't want to lose Hyuk oppa too, what if Hae oppa is already gone?' Sunny whispered.

'He's not, I still feel him.' Hyuk answered. 'I would know if he would be, if, when he would be...d-dead.' He looked away.

'Please let me come with you.' Min begged.

Hyuk took Sungmin to the side. 'No, I need you to replace me if the Kim's reject the proposal and kill me. If they capture me, first try to free Hae, promise me that, Minnie.'

Min looked into his friend's eyes, sighed and nodded. 'I love you, Hyukjae.'

'I love you too, Minnie and if there is a shot we can get Kyu back, we will.'

Min tensed up at those words. 'I-I see little hope for that.'

 

'Where is Kyu?' Yunho asked.

'He's with the vampire.' Krystal uttered.

'His name is Donghae.' Jessica snarled.

'You left them alone?' Changmin asked.

'Well you go and watch the tension, the pain between them, I can think of more enjoyable things.' Krystal shouted.

 

'You knew, right? That I was a hunter.' Kyu suddenly asked, cutting the uncomfortable silence between them both.

Hae snorted. 'Yeah right, when we met, what were we? Seven years old? I had it all planned Cho Kyuhyun.' Tears started to stream down his face. 'I had planned to become your best friend and was that for over ten years just because you are a hunter. I had planned to be welcomed in your warm home, with your lovely parents. To spend every day with you, to share blood together, to share every part of my soul with you. Right. It was all planned. You ing bastard.' Hae's voice gave out.

'Okay, okay, so you didn't know.' Kyu acknowledged, his scar unconsciously.

Silence ripped them apart once more.

Hae suddenly smiled weakly. Kyu tilted his head questioning the action.

'Remember when we were ten and I fell through the ice.' Hae said softly.

Kyu remembered the fear and despair he had felt.

'And you were stupid enough to jump in.' Hae continued. 'You didn't think, you just went after me.'

'Well for a fish you are a bad swimmer.'

'Am not!' Hae pouted.

'Are too.'

'No way.'

'Hell yeah.'

'Stupid Cho!'

The silence was sinking in again.

'Kyu?'

'Hmmmm?'

'Are you going to kill me?' Hae asked, his voice oh so fragile.

Kyu froze. He had forgotten about their situation. The trip down memory lane had left him with a warm feeling and now he was torn away from that once again.

'It's okay you know, I forgive you.' Hae said softly, staring at his hands.

Kyu's fingers itched. They wanted to touch the other's face. That beautiful face he had loved for over a decade.

'But please don't hurt Minnie or Hyukkie.' Hae whispered.

Kyu closed his eyes. Min's face burnt on the inside of his eyelids. The way the older was quiet yet present, the way he was confident yet could turn shy in an instant, how he was so manly yet so adorable. Kyu remembered how the clueless vampire had bought every game available just to keep Kyu busy. How his hands had felt...how...   Kyu quickly stood up. His fists clenched. 'He bit me.'

'You offered.' Hae's eyes looked so cold as he said that. Kyu was taken aback.

'I-I, no I....'

'I know you must have offered, Minnie would rather die than just grab you and bite you.'

Kyu grabbed Hae by the throat. 'Shut up!'

'You love Minnie, Kyu.' Hae said gently.

'I don't! I hate all of you!' He squeezed harder.

'Take it out on me, your anger, your hate.' Hae choked out.

Kyu's fist hit Hae's cheek once again, cutting the skin. 'Filthy blood er!'

'Let it all out.' Hae encouraged.

Kyu kicked Hae hard in the stomach. 'Vampires are the scum of the earth, using humans for food.'

'I never drank from one.'

Kyu's leg froze midair.

'I only drank from Hyukkie.' Hae said.

'But you would, in times of need you would use a human.' Kyu spat at him.

'Test me. I'd rather die than abuse anyone.' Hae looked stubbornly in Kyu's hostile silver eyes. 'If I fail, you can kill every vampire you see. If I succeed you can still kill me but no one else.'

Kyu forced himself to lock his heart out. 'Fine, we'll bleed you so you get desperately hungry and then we'll confront you with a human for a while, we'll see how long you last.' He didn't wait for an answer and left the room.

 

Hyuk walked up to the Kim's mansion. He was about a mile away from it when he was met with Kangin.

'A lost Lee?' Kangin smirked.

'I, Lee Hyukjae, leader of the Lee's clan, am here to surrender myself to the Kim's. Please take me to your leader.' Hyuk kneeled.

Kangin's eyes grew large. 'Wh-what?'

Hyuk just offered his wrists as a sign of submission.

Kangin's jaw dropped. He quickly got up and tied the wrists with a special material so Hyuk was really unable to attack them. He dragged the fire handler to his mansion, mumbling out his confusion. 'You guys really take all the fun out of war.'