Chapter Sixty

Between Betrayal and Lust

Everyone started to cry while Siwon was reading the letter, his voice breaking now and then from emotion. Sungmin stared out the window. His fist clenched. Suddenly he wiped away his tears and looked at the still unconscious leader on the bed.

'Okay, everyone, let's handle this. First we need to wake up Hyuk.' Min spoke with determination.

'Amber, Sunny go to the kitchen and see if you can find out what Hae gave him. Taemin, Minho, you guys search this room for clues. Onew, Siwon and I will visit the Parks.' Min continued.

'Sulli, can you try and wake him up from the inside?' Siwon asked.

'I'll try.' Sulli nodded.

Sooyoung walked over to Min. 'Sungmin, don't worry, no one here wants to harm Kyu.'

Min froze in his actions and looked at the girl. He caressed her face. 'Thank you.' He whispered before he grabbed Siwon's hand and flashed with Onew to the Parks.

 

The hunters were watching their leader. Kyu was feeling restless. He had to process too much recently.

'How strong am I?' He suddenly asked.

'Hard to tell, we haven't seen you in action yet.' Yunho said.

'You should be stronger than us, since you are the head of the hunters.' Changmin added.

'Stronger than a vampire?' Kyu wondered.

'Yes.' Yunho said.

'This...hate, I'm feeling, you guys have that too?'

Krystal nodded. 'As soon as we woke up we felt a strong urge to kill vampires. It's in our blood.'

Kyu huffed. 'That explains why I disgust myself.'

'What do you mean?' Jessica asked.

'I have his blood in me, from when we shared blood as humans. It hurts so bad, makes me want to rip my arm off.' Kyu grunted.

'He has it too.' Jessica mumbled.

'What?' Kyu snarled.

'His arm hurts too but I think his heart hurts more.' Jessica tilted her head and looked Kyu straight in the eye.

'Jessica!' Krystal gasped.

'Say what you want to say.' Kyu ordered. 'Speak your mind.'

'You either kill him now or you don't. It's not okay to make him suffer!' Jessica yelled, tears already forming.

'I-I...can't.' Kyu said softly.

The rest looked at him, not understanding what he meant.

'Right now I can't kill him yet, the human within me is still struggling.' Kyu confessed. He abruptly turned around and left.

'I don't get it, why is he in so much pain?' Yunho said out loud.

'He used to love Donghae, even more than we did. They were closer than brothers. This must be hell for him.' Changmin sighed.

'He still loves Hae.' Jessica said.

'Jessica!' Krystal was shocked.

Jessica looked at them. 'We all still do.'

 

Amber and Sunny had found the tea Hae made. They recognised the leaf he used immediately. They sighed in relief as they knew the antidote. They quickly started making it. They entered the bedroom and found a sweating Sulli holding her head.

'I can't enter.' Sulli panted.

'It's okay, we have something that will wake him up.' Amber said.

'We should prepare ourselves for an epic outburt.' Sunny said as she bit her lip.

'If necessary I can stop him from moving, I think.' Minho ran a hand through his hair.

'I can shield us.' Taemin said.

They all were scared of Hyuk's reaction.

Amber walked towards Hyuk and fed him the drink.

 

'Welcome!' Luna smiled as Onew, Sungmin and Siwon entered the house of Park. She looked behind them as if in search of something.

Onew frowned and looked at the weird girl.

'No water handler?' She whined as she caught Onew's glance.

'No.' He says, his eyes sad.

Luna tilted her head and approached the metal handler. 'You should smile.' she whispered.

Onew looked up in surprise as she cupped his face.

'You are so handsome when you smile, Onew.' she said tenderly.

Onew blushed.

'Luna! Will you stop your flirting and let them speak about their business with us!' Leeteuk yelled aggrivated.

Luna pouted as she obeyed.

'Speak.' Leeteuk's voice boomed through the room.

Sungmin bowed. 'Sir, we have come in search of your help.'

'I don't meddle, you know this.' Leeteuk broke him off.

'It's not a vampire thing.' Sungmin said.

'Oh?' Luna's eyes grew bigger.

'As you probably already know, the head of the hunters had awakened and he has our water handler.' Sungmin spoke clearly, trying to ignore the emotions within him.

'That is unfortunate.' Leeteuk said.

'They got that hottie? Awwwww, I so wanted to meet him.' Luna whined.

'Please help us free him.' Siwon spoke up.

'A Choi amongst Lee's. Interesting. Got more than you bargained for when you bit that water boy, didn't you?' Leeteuk huffed.

Siwon smiled sweetly. 'I wouldn't change one thing since I met Donghae.'

'How...peculiar.' Leeteuk said. 'But we can't help, we don't interfere.'

'Sir, My lady.' Onew kneeled in front of the Parks. 'I beg of you, Donghae is a pure soul, I believe he can bring peace if he's given the time.'

Luna's expression changed from playful into sad and serious. She got up and took Onew's hand, making him stand up.

'As my brother has said, we can't do anything for you, but I will pray for his safety.' She whispered.

 

Hyuk frowned. His head hurt. He grunted and rubbed his eyes. 'Hae?' He said.

No response.

'Hae?' He said a bit louder.

'Donghae isn't here.' Sunny said softly.

Hyuk opened his eyes properly and saw Sunny, Amber, Sulli, Sooyoung, Minho and Taemin in his room. He tensed. 'What's wrong?'

Taemin handed him Donghae's letter. 'You should read this, hyung.'

 Hyuk grabbed the letter.

Hyukkie,

Don't hate me.

Please.

I can cope with a lot in this world but not with your hate.

I drugged you. Knowingly. Not by accident like when I used those mushrooms that one time.

I did it because I need to do this.

I need to fix this. It's really all my fault. I dragged Kyu into this. He means so much to me and I repaid him by ruining his life.

Tell Minnie I'm sorry. He's not to blame. Remember that time you forced me to feed on you? I understand what happened with them.

Tell the others I love them. You guys gave me a home.

It's so hard to leave you, Hyukkie. I finally belonged somewhere...with someone. You have no idea what you are to me. You should see yourself right now. You look so pure, sleeping like an innocent child. I could spend an eternity just watching you sleep. My heart, my blood, my soul...it's all yours.

My life, on the other hand, is Kyu's. If he chooses to destroy it, then this is goodbye. I'm sorry I had to do this to you, especially after what we shared last night.

I know the consequences. I know what will happen if he kills me. I would be gone. Forever. No more water handler in our clan.

I'm so selfish, Hyukkie. I can't live in a world where my best friend hates me and will try to terminate all the people I care for, the person I love. I won't see the day where one of you kills the other. I just can't bear the thought. I'd rather die and take the water handler power with me to oblivion if that means the rest of you are safe.

I have one final favour to ask.

I know you'll hate me for it.

No matter what happens to me, please don't harm Kyu. Defend yourself when needed but don't kill him. He carries a piece of me with him as do you.

I love you Lee Hyukjae, my feisty, hot tempered lover. I love you more than any word can express. I love you more than life.

Yours for eternity,

Donghae