Chapter Six

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hae opened up his eyes. As soon as they had adjusted to the darkened room he could distinguish Kyu next to him on a chair.

'Kyu.' Hae whined.

Kyu immediately opened his eyes. 'You are awake! How are you feeling?'

'As if I was hit by a train.'

'You are so impressive, Hae!'

Hae blushed. 'I'm cold.' He suddenly said.

Kyu got up and crawled next to Hae, they held each other tight, lying on their sides, facing each other.

'Aren't you afraid of me?' Hae whispered.

Kyu reached out his hand and caressed Hae's fangs. 'Never of you, I'd die for you Hae.'

'M-maybe we should end our friendship.' Hae stuttered. He felt Kyu tense up.

'Why?' Kyu whispered.

'I'm endangering you.'

'I don't care.'

'I do.'

'Hae, you are not pushing me aside.'

'Kyu...'

'No! I won't have it.'

'What if someone kills you to get at me?'

'Then I would have had a great life because you were in it, we are blood brothers, Hae!'

'I'll teach him how to defend himself.' Sungmin said.

Both boys were startled.

'Oh sorry, you didn't hear us?' Sungmin smiled.

'Us?' Kyu asked.

Suddenly a flame appeared. 'Besides it's not Donghae's choice if you can hang around or not.' Hyuk said.

'You'll just use Kyu to blackmail me into doing stuff!' Hae yelled.

Hyuk approached him with flames his fingers. 'You think I need anything to get you to do stuff?' He threatened.

Hae's eyes changed.

'Oh, you better not...' Sungmin tried to say but it was too late. Hae already had splashed water all over Hyuk.

Hyuk growled as he was soaked to the bone. He threw a fire ball at Hae. But suddenly a wooden shield appeared in front of him.

'Don't you interrupt Sunny!' Hyuk barked.

'Calm that temper, Hyuk.' Sunny said softly.

'He's getting better.' Taemin said, leaning against the door frame as he watched the water shield protecting Kyu.

'His instincts !' Hyuk says. 'You should protect yourself first, you idiot!' He yelled at Hae.

 

'Why are you so hard on Hae?' Kyu asked Hyuk. They were alone in the mansion's library.

'He gets on my nerves.'

'There is more to it.' Kyu said.

'You are intelligent, human, why do you put up with that moron?' Hyuk asked.

'You know why.'

Hyuk sighed.

'He's the best person you ever are going to meet.' Kyu continued.

'He won't last long in the vampire society.' Hyuk said.

'With your help, he will.' Kyu said.

Hyuk remained silent.

'So what's the story?' Kyu asked.

'Story?'

'You hated Hae before you knew him, what's up with that?'

'You sure you are just human, Cho?'

Kyu smiled.

Hyuk observed him and considered telling him the story.

'I won't tell Hae if it doesn't benefit him to know.' Kyu anticipated.

'Okay, well the previous water handler double crossed us.' Hyuk said.

'What happened?'

'He betrayed us and gave away the location we were hiding in. It was a full blown war against the Kims. The entire Lee family got murdered. So the fire handler took out the water handler.'

'You killed the previous one?'

'It wasn't me, the last fire handler had to end his life too to be able to kill the water handler. I was born within the next generation but the knowledge is in my head'

'Oh wow, tragic.'

'It's worse, they were best friends, which is rare since water and fire usually don't go together well.'

'But Hae isn't like that other guy.'

'Maybe not but he has sapphire eyes.'

'Does that mean anything?'

'They are the most powerful version for a water handler, which means he can cause more damage than the previous water handler.'

'But wait, if you know all of this, so must Hae?'

'He's not fully awakened yet, he doesn't seem to remember it for now.'

 

'Hyoyeon is having a vision!' Wookie yelled.

'Cho....Cho....Cho' Hyoyeon mumbled.

'What about Cho?' Heechul asked.

'He's the one.'

'What one?'

'The vampire hunter's legacy lies dormant within him.' Hyoyeon's eyes rolled back as she fainted.

'Well well well, this gets more interesting by the minute.' Heechul smirked.