Chapter Fifty Seven

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk rushed to their bedroom and placed the still unconscious Hae gently in the bed. He covered him with purple flames just to be sure there were no injuries.

'Bring Sungmin here!' He yelled to the others.

Min was still crying heavily.

'Are you wounded?' Hyuk asked softly.

Min shook his head.

Hyuk hugged his friend and looked over his shoulder to the others. They all had gathered in their leader's bedroom. They were all tired and confused.

'Does anyone need treatment?' Hyuk choked out. The emotions were getting to him too.

They all just stood there silently. Hyuk covered everyone with his purple flames.

'Where is Minho?' Siwon suddenly asked. He had seated himself on the bed next to Hae and was softly caressing the frown the boy had formed.

'He's getting Sulli and Sooyoung.' Taemin said.

'Can anyone explain what just happened?' Onew asked.

'Min, do you know how Kyu changed?' Hyuk asked softly as he wiped the tears away.

Sungmin just kept on sobbing and clinging desperately onto Hyuk. His heart was shattered in a million pieces. He wanted to stop existing. He didn't care anymore. It was hard enough to open to Kyu the human. It already seemed so impossible yet he fell deeply and now, just as they had confessed their feelings to one another, at that moment Kyu awakened as a vampire hunter. Their love was just doomed. And without it, Min felt no urge to live.

Minho arrived with the girls. Sulli immediately went to Hae and entered his mind to lift the nightmare the unconscious boy was having. Sooyoung just stood there, Minho had informed them and she didn't even have to read the minds to know all were deeply upset.

 

Kyu flashed from one place to another. Everything hurt. His mind was spinning, flashes of images of his past lives kept appearing. His mind and heart were battling. Images of Hae and Minnie were suppressed by his previous deaths. He gasped as he remembered his last death. His scar started to throb even more. He thought of Hae again.

I'm connected to that bastard. I'll have to kill him to get rid of this pain. And I should kill Sungmin too for feeding of me. Unforgivable.

Kyu's eyes seemed to get even colder.

 

'Min, can Sooyoung read your mind and tell us what happened?' Hyuk asked.

Min nodded.

'Get out as soon as it gets too much, okay?' Siwon said.

Sooyoung smiled weakly and concentrated. She turned pale immediately as she read all the self hate and suicidal thoughts of the other. Her eyes were welling up as she dug deeper, into the memory base until she felt the love this vampire felt for Kyu. She read what had happened in that basement and started trembling.

Minho walked up to the girl and shook her gently. 'Get out, sweety, don't get hurt!'

Sooyoung fell faintly against her clanmate. Tears were escaping from her eyes. 'Sulli' she whispered.

Sulli came to her.

'Make him sleep and give him a nice relaxing dream.' Sooyoung whispered.

Sulli nodded and made it happen.

Sungmin fell limp into Hyuk's arm but a calm expression appeared on his face. Hyuk put him next to Hae.

 

Kyu arrived at a little hidden place near the river.

Jessica, Krystal, Changmin and Yunho were laying there talking to one another. The four of them stiffened as they felt a huge presence. Changmin turned around and relaxed.

'Hey Kyu! How did you find us?' He yelled.

The others looked over their shoulders and Yunho motioned Kyu to join them.

'I followed my instinct.' Kyu mumbled.

'I hope you are here to tell us you are finally leaving those scumbags.' Yunho said calmly.

Kyu turned his back on them and watched the river. 'Why do you want me to leave them?' Kyu asked.

'Cause you are a human and they are vampires, at some point they will use you!' Yunho said.

'So you guys didn't know after all.' He mumbled.

'What did you say?' Jessica asked.

'Did something happen, Kyu?' Changmin asked.

Kyu slowly turned around, changing his eyes on purpose.

The four others gasped then they got up on their knees and bowed.

'Our leader.' They said in sync.

Kyu looked at Jessica and grabbed her chin. 'You better get over your warm feelings for the water handler cause he's number one on my list.'

Jessica's eyes widened in shock.

'She'll obey you, just like we all will, leader.' Yunho said.

 

They had all gathered in the living area, leaving Min and Hae in the bedroom.

'Sooyoung, please tell us what happened.' Onew said.

She started to explain how they had gotten captured. How Min had told Kyu to run and how the latter had disobeyed. How Min had woken up to find the both of them chained up. She gave a detailed report of the torturing that had happened, about Yesung's kind acts, she made sure they understood how much Min cared for the former human when she got to the last part. Min's thoughts had been hazy because at the time he drank from Kyu he had been near death and dizzy. So his memories were cloudy as well.

They all sat there quietly in shock. Min had awakened Kyu by feeding of him.

'Hyukjae, Sungmin needs to be watched closely since he is filled with self hate and destructiveness right now.' Sooyoung ended her monologue.

Hyuk nodded softly. He had gone pale throughout the story.

'Listen all up. None of you are allowed to tell Donghae this story. He must never know that Min drank from Kyu. Got it?' He hissed.

Everyone was surprised but quickly swore to keep it from the water handler.

 

Hae gasped as he heard every single word Sooyoung had said. He had been ready to enter the room when he had heard her voice and something had kept him from entering. Instead he had eavesdropped. He fell to his knees. Min bit Kyu. Just like the hunters had predicted. Hae closed his eyes. He was startled when he heard Hyuk's husky voice threatening the others not to tell him. Donghae smiled weakly at his lover's words. Too late, my love. He quickly went back upstairs and cuddled up to Min. He wasn't angry at the other. It wasn't his fault and he knew what Min felt for Kyu. Hae started crying. Crying for Kyumin, crying for his best friend and crying for what he was going to have to do...