Chapter Fifty Five

Between Betrayal and Lust

Jonghyun let go of Sungmin and walked up to Kyuhyun with an evil smirk.

'Now it's you and me, I guess.' Jonghyun hissed.

Kyu stopped crying and looked up, his eyes filled with hate. 'Come at me with all you got, you sick bastard!' He spat at him.

'With pleasure.'

'Wait, Jonghyun.' Yesung said calmly. 'That is an excellent idea!'

'What do you mean?' Heechul intervened.

'Well this one is only human.' Yeye said with fake disgust. 'They are weak, they can't stand pain, why don't you use the counterside of your skill?' Yesung suggested.

'Why would I want to give him enormous bliss?' Jonghyun scratched his neck, deeply in thought.

Heechul narrowed his eyes and was about to say something again when he saw a panicking Key entering.

'Just go with what Yesung says.' Heechul ordered and went to listen to Key.

'Minnie?' Kyu whispered trying to see in what state the vampire was. Sungmin furrowed his brows and grunted in pain making Kyu regretting his action, at least unconscious Min wouldn't feel the damage that was done to him.

 

Hyuk noticed Hae stretching his back and he immediately send some purple healing flames over his exhausted lover. Hae glanced his way and smiled, he mouthed a thank you and concentrated on his powers again.

Hyuk could sense the worry within Hae. Not only for Kyu but for anybody. It wasn't in Hae's nature to harm. But if he ever got pushed to the limit, if someone he cared for was in great danger, Hae would attack with all he had. And what Hyuk feared even more...Hae would, in a split second, put his own life on the line. 

 

'They are breaking through our magic set up.' Key shrieked.

Heechul lifted an eyebrow. 'They've gotten way more powerful then.'

'And the Choi men are there too.'

'What?!' Heechul yelled.

'It looks like they are working together.' Key said.

'Damn it!! I'll come help.' Heechul stated, he turned to the others. 'Yesung, Jonghyun, continue!'

Yesung was relieved to see their leader leave. 

'Kyu....' Min groaned weakly. The blood was still escaping his heavily wounded arm.

'Minnie.' Kyu croaked out.

'Awwww young love.' Jonghyun smirked.

Yesung cussed silently. This wasn't good.

'So Lee, how would you react if I messed up your lover boy here?' The torturer grinned, ripping Kyu's shirt open and running the back of his index finger over the exposed chest.

'Don't....don't touch him.' Sungmin snarled, his eyes intensely cobalt.

'See, Yeye here wanted me to use pleasure to get this piece of trash talking but I prefer the sight of blood. What am I saying? The taste of blood is the best! Maybe I should use your little toy and drink him dry.'

'Nooooooooo!' Sungmin shouted as he saw Jonghyun the artery in Kyu's neck.

 

Hyuk felt so hot, most of the fire within him was getting unleashed, this caused him to overheat. Hae must have noticed as well as he provided Hyuk with a cold layer of water, not noticeable by the eye but definitely covering Hyuk's entire skin. Hyuk felt his heart swell with love.

Hae noticed the dreamy look on his lover's face and smiled. He splashed a small amount of water in his face.

'Hey!' Hyuk shouted, rubbing the water out of his eyes.

'You were day dreaming!'

Hyuk smiled sheepishly before he concentrated on the task at hand.

 

Heechul saw the shield flickering. Damn Lee's were really impressive. He eyed the water handler for a bit and then he watched Hyuk. Those two were really in sync. So the rumours of them being lovers as well must be true. This level of compatibility goes beyond just being a perfect match.

Kangin was weakening. His muscles strained by effort. Ryeowook's potions kept being blocked by the air handler and Heechul could tell that this situation could get sticky very fast.

'Ryeowook, go get Taeyeon so she can support Kangin by healing him continuously!' Heechul yelled. It took them years to establish this magical force field and it seems like it would tumble down after only a couple of hours being attacked. Heechul decided to use this time to observe the Lee's dynamics some more. Especially to try and find weaknesses in the fire-water match. Maybe it was true...the myth about sapphire and royal blue. Maybe this is what Leeteuk was going on about when he and Heechul used to hang out, decades ago.

Heechul stared at Hyuk and saw his watchful eye almost always upon the water handler. He thought of how the lightning handler had acted towards that human. Memories came back in waves...painful memories crashing upon Heechul's soul. He bit his lip as he felt a single tear running down his cheek.

'Hangeng...' He whispered longingly.