Chapter Thirty Five

Between Betrayal and Lust

'God, Hae, I missed you.' Siwon hugged him tight.

Hae indulged himself in it. Finally he received some warmth today.

Siwon felt the boy trembling.

'Hey don't be afraid, I won't harm....Hae what's wrong?' Siwon exclaimed as he saw the boy in tears.

'Everyone hates me.' Hae sniffed.

'Impossible.' Siwon said.

'It's true! Today I went to school and some of my closest friends were so...I don't know, it was like they suddenly hated me.'

Siwon frowned.

'Can humans tell that I'm a vampire?'

'No.'

'I think they knew though.'

'What happened next?'

'Sungmin hyung intervened and Kyu took me away. But that's enough about me, how are you?'

'I'm quite busy lately oh and the other day one of the Kim's attacked me.' Siwon said.

'What? What did they do? Are you hurt?' Hae quickly searched for injuries.

'He just threw some bottles at me, weird kid, really. I wanted to end it and attack him back but then a second Kim showed up, told me to let it go and took the boy away.'

'Ah I know that bottle thrower, his potions are quite dangerous.'

'I'm fine though.' Siwon said. 'But you are not, you are still brooding about something.'

'Well, apparently my ancestor did not betray my clan.'

Siwon frowned.

'Yeah I know, everyone is still confused. Do-do you know something about it?' Hae avoided eye contact.

'Say it properly, Hae.' Siwon said softly. 'You can tell me anything.'

'Did the Choi's trick us and make the clan believe I was a traitor?' His voice sounded fragile.

'No.' Siwon said.

Hae looked up at the simple yet freeing answer. He smiled for the first time.

Siwon smiled back and caressed his cheek. 'You love him, don't you?'

'What? Who?'

'The one with fire in his pants.'

'Siwon!'

Siwon started laughing.

'Is it that obvious?'

'I smell him all over you.' Siwon says with a weak smile.

Hae blushed deeply.

'I love you too, you know.' Siwon said honestly.

Hae looked him in the eye, not sure what to say. 'You barely know me.'

'I've tasted you...that's enough, you are by far the best person I know. Hyukjae is one lucky bastard to have you.'

'Yeah...we have lots of....fun.' Hae bit his lip trying to keep the smile plastered on his face.

Siwon's eyes narrowed he opened his mouth but then was alerted as something flew through the air towards Hae. 'Watch out!' He yelled, shielding Hae with his body.

Hae immediately rose a water shield around the both of them. A poisonous dart bounced off of it.

They turned around and were met with Yunho, Changmin, Jessica and Krystal.

'Oh, , this is not good.' Siwon cussed.

'Their eyes....are grey?' Hae exclaimed.

'Vampire hunters.' Siwon said.

'What?' Hae was shocked out of his mind.

'Never thought we would have to turn against you, Donghae.' Yunho said. 'But we kind of knew as soon as you disappeared.'

'Where is Kyu?' Changmin demanded.

'He's not here.' Hae said. 'And you better leave him alone!'

 

'Kyu, we need to talk with you.' Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun put his game down as soon as he heard the seriousness in Min's voice, his heart panicked as he saw Hyuk's tense face. Something was wrong, very wrong.

'Those four earlier in school?' Min started. 'They were not human.'

'But not vampires as well?' Kyu asked.

Min shook his head.

'Then?'

'Hunters.' Hyuk finally spoke up.

'What do they hunt?' Kyu mindlessly rubbed his itching scar.

'Us.'

Suddenly a water shield appeared around Kyu startling the three of them.

'What is going on? Hae is with Siwon isn't he?' Hyuk frowned.

Kyu's eyes went to his scar and then snapped back up to meet Hyuk's panicked ones.

Hyuk didn't say a word, he just flashed.