Chapter Eighteen

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Kyu, I want you away from here.' Hae said.

They were both on the couch facing each other. They just had breakfast.

'Why? Do you feel something?'

'Not yet, but it's that assignment thingy today.'

'Alignment, Hae.'

'Yeah that and I don't want you in the middle of well...'

' vampires?'

Hae blushed.

'I can't leave you, what if something happens to you? I wouldn't forgive myself.'

'Hyukjae said he would take care of it.'

Kyu smirked at the memory. 'You still have no clue how to go about it.'

'I'm not a complete idiot, Kyu.'

Kyu smiled. 'I know, you hide your superb intelligence really well though, hyung.'

'Why is it that the rare moments you call me hyung, I feel as if you are mocking me?'

'I always mock you, Hae Hae.'

'Aish!'

'But seriously, I don't want you to die because you couldn't figure out how works.'

'Kyu, come on, my thingy goes in her thingy!'

Kyu closed his eyes. 'That poor girl.' He mumbled.

'What?'

'There is more to it, you know.'

'Since when are you a pert?' Hae exclaimed.

'Nice choice of words.' Hyuk's voice sounded lazy and deep.

'How long have you been there?' Kyu asked.

Hyuk shrugged and dragged himself to the kitchen.

'What's up with him?' Kyu wondered.

'He got a little wasted yesterday.' Sungmin said.

'Whoa! Will you guys cut it out with the appearing from nowhere ?' Kyu yelled.

'Hyuk got drunk?' Hae asked worriedly.

'Vampires can get drunk too? Cool!!' Kyu grinned.

'He's a leader that worries about his clan, I understand he needed to get drunk for once.' Sungmin smiled weakly as he went to the kitchen.

 

'Min?' Hyuk said while he was sipping his coffee.

'Hmmm?' Min was chewing on some toast.

 'I want you to separate Kyu from Hae later on.'

'Why?'

Hyuk bit his lip. 'Hae's...problem, I'll solve it, it's my duty since I'm the leader.'

'His problem? Ohhhh his ity! Have you hunted for some girls yet?'

'I'm just awake, what do you think?'

'Shouldn't you ask Kyu what Hae's type of girl is?'

'He's a , Min, ANY girl will do.'

Min tapped his lips.

'What?'

Min shook his head. 'What if...it doesn't work out? Shouldn't we keep Kyu as a reserve? Don't blow up on me, Hyuk, think about it. They really are close, we might need him if things turn bad.'

Hyuk did everything to keep his cool. 'Fine' He snarled. 'But make sure he doesn't intervene!'

Sungmin smiled.

 

Taemin was doing what he loved the most, airsurfing through the forest. The wind felt great against his excited skin. He felt his hormones activating. He should turn around and hunt for a human girl so he could get the part over with. In the corner of his eye he saw something. He turned towards it and saw a beautiful girl gathering flowers.

Taemin gently put himself on the ground and wanted to close in on the girl to talk to her. The girl looked up and smiled at him.

Suddenly Minho appeared. 'Nice try.'

Taemin was confused.

'Get out of here, you filthy Kim.' Minho snarled at the girl.

'She's a Kim?'

'That is Kim Kibum aka Key, he's imitating someone to lure you in.' Minho's voice was filled with contempt.

Key dropped his disguise, cussed and flashed away.

Taemin stood frozen. 'Wow.'

'You are so naieve, Lee.'

Taemin just remembered who stood next to him. He secretly tried to gather some air around him.

'Don't bother, I'm already in your mind.' Minho said gently.

'It's truce.' Taemin tried weakly.

'Tell that to that Kim guy.' Minho was still angry.

'Are you going to end me?' Taemin asked.

Minho didn't answer. 'Come here.'

Taemin didn't want to but his body moved on its own.

'Donghae saved Siwon, so I won't kill you today but I will take care of my needs.'

Taemin's eyes widened as he caught the meaning.

 

Kim Heechul had gathered most of the Kims around him.

'Boys, girls, you know what to do today, please don't bring shame to our clan or I'll end you myself. Any questions?'

They all shook their heads.

'Good, only disturb me in case of emergency. I, for one, am going to enjoy my enhanced potency.' He smirked as he his heels, his cell phone already against his ear.