Chapter Seventeen

Between Betrayal and Lust

Sungmin cleared his throat. 'Shall I?' he proposed since all the others seemed to try to make themselves invisible.

Hyuk nodded.

Sungmin turned to Kyu and Hae. Kyu noticed how the vampire seemed to keep his eyes fixated on an imaginary dot above Kyu's eyes to avoid contact. How bad could this be?

'Well, alignment, yes.' Sungmin started. He inhaled deeply. 'When the moon and a couple of planets are in a certain location towards each other it seems to have an effect on all vampires.' He kept staring at the dot.

Hae shrugged and continued to eat, oblivious of the tension that was building at the table.

Kyu frowned when nothing else was said. 'What kind of effect?'

Sungmin's cheeks were slightly turning pink. Kyu lifted an eyebrow and was starting to understand where this was going. But no way he was letting this topic go.

'We get....needy?' It seemed like Min was searching for the right word.

'Needy.' Kyu repeated. As if Hae could get worse in that department.

'Euh yes.' Sungmin said.

'Explain "needy" please' Kyu said.

'Aroused?' Sungmin tried again.

'Aroused by what?' Hae asked.

'People.' Sungmin answered.

Hae looked at Kyu who was staring at Min. 'I don't get it.'

'We get as hell, ok?!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae choked on the spoon of soup in his mouth and it sprayed all over Hyuk.

Kyu tried. He really did but failed. He started laughing his off. 'Just great, a bunch of hormonal vampires.' It took him several seconds to realise he was the only one laughing. Death glare mania was coming his way. 'Sorry' He said without meaning it and looked down.

'So...what do we do then?' Hae asked carefully.

'We find a partner and... get it on?' Taemin tried.

Kyu snickered, earning a slap from Sungmin.

'Get what on?' Hae looked more and more confused.

'We find a partner and have with them till we feel satisfied.' Sunny said calmly.

Everyone stared at the usually shy girl.

'Oh.' Hae said.

'What is so special about it anyway, humans have as well, all species have .' Kyu said.

'All vampires are weak during that time, so there is a temporary truce.' Taemin said.

'The better the partner, the better the and that causes some kind of power boost.' Onew said.

'Does it matter who the partner is?' Kyu asked.

'No, as long as they have .' Amber said.

'ion doesn't count.' Sungmin added.

'What happens if a vampire doesn't have at that time.' Kyu wondered out loud.

'He dies.' Hyuk said.

The smirk disappeared from Kyu's face. 'What?'

'I'm dead serious.' Hyuk stated, his eyes shortly met Hae's shocked ones.

 Kyu turned to his best friend and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. 'Hae, it seems that this is one hell of a legit reason to finally lose that ity of yours.'

Hae looked utterly horrified. Hyuk's jaw dropped.

'You...you are still a ?' Sungmin asked.

Hae nodded and looked away.

'Oh wow.' Taemin said.

Kyu thought of something. 'So when Siwon wanted to meet Hae on...'

'Shut up.' Hyuk yelled. The flames on the candles grew larger and flickered dangerously.

'Hey, it's okay, I had a good life.' Hae mumbled.

'Don't worry, I'll handle it.' Hyuk said. He only realised how completely wrong that sounded when all eyes were suddenly on him. All those eyes widened even more when they saw him turning bright red. 'I-I didn't mean it l-like that!' Hyuk stuttered.

'Of course you didn't.' Kyu deadpanned.

'Then how will you "handle" it?' Sungmin bit his lip in amusement.

'I'll find him some human girl.' Hyuk stated.

'He won't blood from a human and now you think he'll one?' Onew said.

Hae bowed his head in shame.

'Don't worry Hae, if you have no one, I'll be there for you, buddy. What are best friends for, huh?' Kyu smiled, unaware of Sungmin's hurt face and very well aware of Hyuk's deadly aura.