Chapter One Hundred Twenty Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

'What are you wearing?' Hyuk yelped as he eyed the one piece pajama, feet included and all.

Hae was simply beaming, removing an imaginary bit of dust off his Nemo nightwear. 'Kyu gave it to me earlier today!'

'But you are all closed up.' Hyuk blurted out.

Hae frowned. 'What?'

'Nothing.' Hyuk mumbled as his bottom lip protruded.

Hae grabbed a pillow and a blankie, he was all giddy and happy from anticipation. 'Hurry up Hyukkie!'

Hyuk grabbed another pillow and a stuffed monkey since he knew Hae would ask for it in the middle of the night.

'I'm stating new rules.' Hyuk said sternly, holding the door knob, not letting Hae out of the room just yet.

Hae looked up and blinked.

'One: stop being so damn cute.' Hyuk said hoarsely, quickly pecking Hae's lips.

'Two: at all times you have to remain beside me, you are sleeping only in my arms tonight.' Hyuk said while a faint pink shade covered his cheeks.

'Three: no childish fights!'

'Four:...' Hyuk was cut off by Hae.

The boy dropped the pillow and blankie, wrapping his arms around Hyuk's neck. 'I love you.' He whispered right before he pressed his lips against Hyuk's. The kiss was meant to reassure the fire handler and it worked. A sense of bliss took over and Hyuk felt himself relax.

 

As Hae walked into the living area he was picked up immediately by a high spirited TOP.

'Haeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you look sooooo adorable!' TOP squealed as he twirled them around once more.

'TOP, he just ate, put him down before he throws up!' GD ordered.

'Like my gift?' Kyu asked Hyuk with a smug smile.

'You actually hate me, don't you?' Hyuk sighed.

'Why would I hate the person that taints my gorgeous best friend?' Kyu said sweetly.

Hyuk's eyes fell onto Sungmin who was distributing something to everyone. 'What's Min doing?'

Kyu's smirk faltered. 'Don't know, don't care.'

Hyuk frowned. 'Did you guys fight?'

'No.'

'Then why are you....'

'Here are your ear plugs, Hyuk.' Min shoved them in his hands.

Hyuk laughed as he understood. 'Thank you, Min, thank you so much for protecting us from his snoring.'

'It's not that bad.' Kyu whined as he walked away to sulk in a corner.

Suddenly a loud splash was heard followed by a shriek. Everyone turned around to see a shell shocked and dripping wet Ryeowook and an infuriated water handler.

Hyuk marched over there. 'Hae, what the hell are you doing? Be nice, I told you: no fights! Retract the water from poor Wookie's clothes.'

'No.' Hae said curtly.

Hyuk never saw Hae this cold.

Ryeowook started to tear up but Hae's glare didn't falter.

'Hae!' Hyuk was getting impatient.

'I won't and no one can make me!' Hae yelled and tried to run out but was stopped by Kyu.

'I'm sorry, Wookie, I apologise for what he did. I'll bring you a fresh set of clothes.' Hyuk said while he bowed.

The sight infuriated Hae even further. 'No, you won't!' He pulled away from Kyu's hold and grabbed Hyuk by the wrist.

Hyuk pulled himself free and gave his lover an ice cold stare. 'Kyu, can you please take Hae to the kitchen until he has calmed down and is ready to apologise?'

Hae looked like a kicked puppy as he was dragged away.

Hyuk sighed and was about to apologise again when his eyes met Yesung's. He frowned. 'Why are you so silent?'

'Cause I heard what Ryeowook said to Hae.' Yesung said, disappointment lacing his voice, making Wook wince.

'You insulted Hae?' Hyuk's voice boomed, body language becoming aggressive.

'No, he didn't, not directly.' Yeye sighed.

'He insulted you, you moron.' Junsu said, whacking the back of Hyuk's head.

'What?' Hyuk said while rubbing his head.

'Repeat what you said.' Yesung told Ryeowook who couldn't control his tears by now.

'I said that Donghae was cute a-and that he c-could hook up with someone far b-better looking than y-you.' Wook whispered, barely able to keep eye contact with the fire handler.

Hyuk wasn't hurt at all. His mind just went back to what Hae had done and his eyes softened. A small smile graced his plump lips as his eyes started to sparkle.

Yesung's body relaxed as he watched his friend. 'You look beautiful, Hyuk.'

'Love sick fool.' Junsu muttered but even he couldn't suppress a smile.

'I'll be right back, I have a fish to cuddle.' Hyuk said as he quickly left for the kitchen.