Chapter One Hundred Twenty

Between Betrayal and Lust

Finally Hangeng was fit enough to leave his bed and to go see his sister. Heechul had postponed the meeting since he knew the emotional backlash would have harmed Hangeng's healing. He escorted the prince upstairs to Hyuk's study. They opened the door.

Victoria was seated by the window, enjoying the sunshine on her face. Zhoumi was next to her, holding her hand, whispering. They both looked up when they heard the door.

'Geng?' Victoria immediately stood up and rushed to her brother. 'Oh Geng!' She hugged him.

'Vic...you are okay.' Hangeng sighed, feeling the worry disappear from his troubled mind. He guided his sister to the window by her waist, wanting to hug his loyal Zhoumi as well. Zhoumi kneeled. Hangeng frowned and wanted the man to get up but Zhoumi refused.

'My prince, I have a confession to make. My life and happiness are in your hands.' Zhoumi said softly.

Hangeng felt his sister tense up.

'I'm deeply in love with the princess. I have been for ages. It was wrong to hide our relationship. It caused so much harm.' Zhoumi tried to control his tears.

'You and Vic?' Hangeng's jaw dropped.

'Geng, please.' Vic pleaded.

'My intentions are honourable, my lord.' Zhoumi added.

Heechul noticed the tension and stood in between Hangeng and his servant. 'Hannie...it's love.'

Hangeng's eyes locked onto Heechul's. His primitive instinct to protect his sister had blinded him. He nodded.

'There is more.' Heechul said softly, taking Hangeng's hand.

'We had a child. Leeteuk took it away.' Vic was trembling as she spoke.

'What?' Hangeng's voice roared. He shoved Heechul aside as gently as he could and grabbed Zhoumi by the shirt, lifting the man onto his feet.

'A baby boy.' Zhoumi whispered, his eyes filled with sadness and longing.

'We'll find him.' Hangeng said, pulling Zhoumi towards him. 'We'll find him.....brother.'

 

Amber knocked on the door. A faint 'enter' was heard. She slowly opened the door and looked inside. Henry was resting on the bed. As soon as he saw who entered he tried to sit straight up and fix his hair.

'I thought you might be hungry so I brought you some soup.' Amber said.

'A-ah, yes, thank you.' Henry stuttered as his eyes scanned the girl's worn out face. 'Are you okay? Are you recovering well?' He asked concerned.

Amber smiled weakly. 'Compared to you, I'm great.'

Henry's eyes widened. 'Who told you? I asked them not to!'

'I overheard. Why would you hide this from me?'

'Me being human makes me weak enough in your eyes.' Henry snorted. 'A sick human? You wouldn't have given me another glance.'

'What?' Amber was angry. 'Is that how you see me?' She shouted. 'And is that how you see yourself?'

Henry looked down.

Amber had to put the soup down, her hands were shaking so badly. She sat down on the bed next to the boy. Then she wrapped her arms around him and started crying. 'You should have told me, you idiot! I would have had more time to search the world for a remedy! Look at you now, you are barely breathing.'

Henry pulled a bit away so he could wipe away her tears with his thumbs. 'Whenever you are close, I can't really think very well.' He grinned apologetic.

Amber laughed through her tears and hugged him tighter. 'I'm not giving up on you yet.'

 

'Hyukkie?'

'Hae?'

Hae was biting his lip and fidgeting with his hands.

'Just say it.' Hyuk frowned.

'If the leaders decide to go after Leeteuk, I'm passing.' Hae said softly, not able to look his lover in the eye.

Hyuk breathed in deeply to calm himself before he spoke. 'Why?'

Hae flinched at the undertone. 'I need to do something first.'

Hyuk was losing his patience. He cupped Hae's face, lifting it. 'What?'

'Find a cure for Henry, he's dying.' Hae whispered.

All anger left Hyuk immediately, his eyes softened. 'Where would you start, we couldn't heal him, even Taeyeon couldn't.'

'I don't know but I'll find a way.' Hae said.

 

'Why is everyone eating at my place?' Hyuk whined loudly as he eyed the crowd, seeing new faces. All of them happily eating his food.

'Cause you are so damn generous, my friend.' Kyu smirked.

'You know what, I preferred you when you were still human.' Hyuk growled.

'Because you know that in one on one combat I would beat your scrawny now.' Kyu outed.

Hyuk's eyes fired up but suddenly he was spun around by Hae.

'Hyukkie, meet Jae! He's a hunter!' Hae smiled as he pulled the boy near him.

'Jae, this is my Hyukkie, he's the leader of the Lee's!' Hae said to Jaejoong.

Jae looked from Hyuk to Kyu to Hae. 'Y-you guys are all f-friends?'

Hyuk huffed as he glared at Kyu.

'Yes, Kyu is my best friend and Hyuk is my lover.' Hae beamed.

Suddenly a large hand grabbed Hae's wrist from behind. 'And I'm his playmate!' TOP shouted.

Hyuk was choking on air as he heard those words. Kyu quickly handed him some water.

'You are all insane.' Jae whispered. A grin spread over his face. 'I love it!'