Calling HaeKyung -- The Victim Who Stole My Heart

╰☆╮ l e м o n ĸ ι ѕ ѕ e ѕ one-ѕнoт reqυeѕт ѕнop {Closed}╰☆╮

Story title: The Victim Who Stole My Heart 
by: fiqadongwoo
Starring: You, Kim Myungsoo(L), Lee Sungyeol

The Victim Who Stole

My Heart 

By: fiqadongwoo

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

As I arrived at the school gates, the dolphin shriek landed on my ears; indicating that my best friend a.k.a the choding has arrived too.

‘Yo, man! How you today?’ Sungyeol asked with his broken English. I just let out a sarcastic chuckle. He always does that and I can’t avoid but feel annoyed at it.

‘Stop it. Or I’ll vomit right here.’ Sungyeol just kept mumbling his broken English or even alien language towards me. In the end, I just gave up and started to plan everything in my head. Today, by hook or by crook, I want to see her shed that valuable tears of her.

I was taken back to earth when Sungyeol hit my head hardly.

‘Yah, it hurt.’ I groaned at him and again, he just flashed me his foolish smile.

‘You’re planning something again, right?’ Sungyeol guessed it right. If not, he’s not my best friend.

 

‘Yup.’ I signaled him my bag and smirked evilly. I was pretty sure that it’ll work. Because based on my observation; yes, I did an observation for my evil plan, during our biology class, she seemed to be afraid of rat. Yes, rat. The little creature that I managed to catch this morning is a rat.

And she is Won Jaehyun, the girl that I’ve been bullying since early this year. Yeah, I’m a bully. It’s been a habit since I started high school. It’s funny to see their reaction when I teased or bullied them.

‘Kim Myungsoo! Day dreaming again?’ Sungyeol uttered. We’ve arrived at our first class for today. And… that means, my plan will start now.

My eyes roamed around the class and it’s pretty empty at the moment. Sungyeol has walked ahead of me, giving me an opportunity to conduct the first step of my plan. I took out the box from my bag and placed it into the drawer of her table. Being the genius, I’ve chose a pretty decent box, with little teddy bears around it, the typical girl’s favorite.

Again, I looked around the class and some eyes were on me. I put my fore finger on my lips, signaling that everyone needs to shut their mouth about my plan or they’ll be the next victim. The other just nodded or turned away and acted as if nothing happened. That’s the power of Kim Myungsoo; the greatest bully of the school.

As time passed, the class has started to be filled in by students. I kept waiting and finally, five minute before the class started, she entered the class. As usual, she looked calm and collected with books in her hands. She walked towards her place and my heart started to pound against my chest rapidly. As she put her book on the table, everyone went silent.

They knew what will happen, so everyone was anticipating her reaction. With her sharp instinct, she noticed the sudden change but decided to let it go. It’s Won Jaehyun we’re talking about. As she sat at her chair, she slipped in her hand in the drawer.

As expected, the box was in view again and she tossed it around in her hand. Maybe she missed it or simply being an ignorant, she opened the box and the next thing I knew was the chaotic situation that occurred in the class as the rat jumped out of the box.

Girls were screaming, boys especially Sungyeol were running and she just sat at her place; composed as usual. However, she froze at her sit and her face looked pale. Again; she didn’t cry.

‘Fail again, huh?’ Sungjong asked as he sat next to me. He maybe looked a little girlish but he’s the bravest of all. He has caught the rat and threw it out of the class. I sighed in disappointment and switched my gaze at her again.

She was looking at me at that time. Her eyes reflected something but I couldn’t read it. I always can’t. She looked away and started to open her book as the class started to calm.

Sungyeol sat next to me after his running and smacked me again at the same place he hit me this morning.

‘Yah, at least tell me that you’re going to do that. I was scared as hell.’ Sungyeol was still panting due to exhaustion. I just groaned frustratedly and put my head on my table. My plan has failed and I’m not in the mood to study at all.

As the bell rang, I walked out of class slowly while starting to plan the next prank for Jaehyun. My mind was searching for something that will make a girl scared to death. But she’s not a normal one. She seems not to be affected by anything. I’ve been doing it for awhile and all she did just keep quiet, ignore it, continue to read or walk away. It never really scares her or anything.

It hurt my pride and ego. I’ve been bullying all sorts of people and she managed to overcome my prank easily. Maybe, I need to know something more about her.

‘Sungyeol-ah, can you go home alone? I need to go somewhere first.’ Sungyeol looked at me suspiciously before he opened his mouth.

‘You’re going to eat ice cream and leave me out of it, right?’ Sungyeol accused and I almost punch him in the face. He and his choding-ness.

‘Nope. I need to do something important and it has nothing to do with your childishness.’ I dismissed him before he managed to fire me back.

As Sungyeol disappeared from my view, I waited near the school gate for Jaehyun. Minutes passed and she walked out of the gate. I started to follow her on the safe distant; trying to uncover a little piece of her life.

I expected her to walk back home but surprisingly she took a bus and it headed to the town. Due to my determination, I managed to follow her without being noticed.

Half an hour passed and the bus stopped right at the middle of the town. She walked out of the bus and again, she didn’t notice me. Maybe, just maybe she is an ignorant. I kept following her until she entered the entrance to the hospital.

A bit clueless about it, I continued to follow her until she stopped. The place seems like a garden and there are a few patients and their families hanging out there. I tried to take a look at her and I managed to find a spot.

She stood at the same place for awhile, looking at something and slowly, trails of tears started to roll down her cheeks. She cried.

I was stunned at the moment. It’s the view that I’ve wanted to see for awhile but when I see it, my heart felt uncomfortable and it’s not that great a view. She cried and cried, ignoring looks that people gave at her.

Once she was done, she wiped her tears and started to walk again. I followed her steps and she stopped in front of a man in a wheel chair. She talked for awhile with the nurse that attended him before the nurse went away. I moved closer to her, to get a better view of them.

‘Appa…’ She sang. Her voice sounds cheerful, contradicted with what I hear at the school.

‘Appa, are you okay?’ The man just stared ahead, ignoring her question. She kept caressing his knuckles, as if it’ll make him answer her question. After awhile, she leaned her head on his shoulder, reminiscing the view with her father.

I should just go away and stop stalking her but my feet couldn’t move. I want to know more about her; not just to plan a prank for her.

‘Appa, today he did it again. This time, he used a rat. You do know how much I hate it, right?’ Despite her words, there’s not an ounce hatred resonance through it. It’s as if she enjoys my prank on her. I didn’t expect that but it’s what I heard.

He’s just like you, appa. You used to do that to me. It’s just he’s meaner because he used the real one.’ I’m like him? Maybe, that’s why she never really got angry with me. Because what I did was similar to what her father has did before.

‘Appa, I miss you and he makes me miss you more.’ She started to choke on her words and it makes my heart clenched. Yes, my hard, brutal heart.

After that, I continued to hear her confession and she uncovered piece by piece of her life without knowing that I could hear it. And at that moment, there’s only one thing that I know; I’ll never let her tears drop again.

Every day, it’s become my routine to follow her to the hospital and hear stories that she told her father. It’s different for everyday, so it never bored me. Until one day, the thing that I least expected happened.

‘Kim Myungsoo.’ The low, husky voice reached my ears. She was right behind me, standing with both her hand on her waist. She was right in front of me minutes ago; maybe I’ve been day dreaming again.

‘What are you doing here?’ She asked, her voice was stern, different from the bubbly and cheerful one she had before.

I-I-I..’ I never stuttered in front of her but at that moment, my mind was blank and I was loss for words.

‘So, you’ve known my secret. So, what will you do now? Tell everyone at the school?’ Even though her face looked calm, her voice was filled with venom. It maybe could kill me if I did tell people at school.

‘N-No. It’s just…’

‘Just what?’

I like to see the interaction between you and your father. That’s why I keep coming..’

‘You’ve been here before? How many times?’ Her eyes widened, defining her dark brown orbs more.

‘A lot?’

She just let out a deep sigh.

‘Kim Myungsoo, this is my first and last request to you. Please, keep this as a secret from everyone.’ She pleaded. Her eyes started to water but she managed to hold it in. As if I was possessed by her words, I nodded weakly. She started to walk away after my agreement but I managed to grab her elbow.

‘Can I…see him?’ I don’t know why but I’d like to meet him for once. I’d like to see how similar we were as she always said.

‘For what?’

‘Just because.’ Unexpectedly, she agreed. She guided me towards her father. As we arrived in front of him, her face turned bright and she started to caress his cheeks.

‘Appa, this is him. Kim Myungsoo.’ She introduced me and a gasp released from her.

‘Why?’ I asked.

She looked at me and this time, her tears couldn’t be held in anymore.

‘Why?’ I asked again and this time, she hugged me tightly.

He blinks his eyes. He blinks his eyes!’ She almost screamed in my ears while hugging me.

After she released me, she looked at him again with her face stained with her tears.

‘Appa, I love you.’ She kissed his cheeks and again, he blinked. She turned around and looked right into my eyes.

‘Thanks, Myungsoo. This is the first time he reacted after the accident.’ After that, she spilled out everything that happened since the accident occurred. Her mother passed away due to it, leaving her alone with her father. Her father was induced for coma and since he wakes up, he never really give any reaction to the surrounding. That explains why she was unaffected by my pranks. Because like she said, it reminded her of her father.

‘Jaehyun-ah, just know that I’ll keep this as a secret. And maybe I’ll stop the pranks on you.’ I said sympathetically.

‘Maybe?’ She smiled playfully. I just grinned foolishly in return.

I don’t really mind about the prank. It makes my day a little lighter though. Except the rat one. If you did it again, I’ll kill you.’ Jaehyun threatened. She seemed more carefree as I know her.

Months passed. I’ve been spending more time with Jaehyun and her father. Every day, we’ll do something to trigger any reaction from her father. It worked, thanks to our hard work. Jaehyun and I started to become closer. However, I missed one thing from all of the things that happening around me. And the next day, I received the consequences.

The morning was bright despite the heavy rain from last night. I was waiting for Jaehyun in the class when she entered the class with reddened face. She walked towards me and the next thing I knew, I felt a stinging pain at my left cheeks.

I trusted you, Kim Myungsoo. I’m such a fool.’ She looked at me with hatred and walked out of the class furiously. I managed to get out of my seat and chased after her.

‘Won Jaehyun!’ I yelled and she didn’t slow down a bit. She kept walking and I had to run to catch up with her. When I managed to catch her wrist and make her stopped, I turned her around and faced with her tears stained face. She looked broken, angry; mixed emotions shone through her eyes.

I don’t understand. What are you talking about?’ Jaehyun avoided meeting my gaze as she continued to sob.

‘Won Jaehyun, tell me.’ I urged her. She just threw a piece of paper in front of my face. I picked it up and read the content. As expected, it’s about her father. There are some spiteful words and maybe that makes her furious.

I didn’t do this, Jaehyun-ah.’ I explained. I didn’t. I’ll never do it after I promised her.

‘Then who, Myungsoo? You’re the only one that know.’ Even though she accused me, I knew from her voice that she’s torn. Deep inside, she knew I’ll not do this.

I’ll find the culprit and take him to you. I promise you that.’

After that, I left her and make my way to find the real culprit that did it. And he’ll never be alive if he meets me.

‘Hyung, help me to find this culprit.’ I handed the evidence to Dongwoo and Hoya. They’re the genius of the school; in terms on investigating. I’m lucky to have them as my friends.

‘Deal. Just remember the payment.’ Dongwoo smiled mischievously.

I just agreed and left their classroom.

This morning, I received a call from Dongwoo and as expected he has the answer for my question. And it makes me furious as hell. Beyond than I expected to feel.

I called Jaehyun and asked her to meet me at the gym during lunch.

As I waited in the gym at lunch, I tried to compose myself and think about things that makes him did such action. I thought…

‘Myungsoo?’ Jaehyun has entered the gym and I signaled her to sit next to me. She obeyed and we remained silent for awhile.

‘Why are we here?’ She asked; maybe suffocated by the silent surrounding us.

I just looked at her and remained silent again. After awhile, steps were heard and another person entered the gym. I stood up and walked down the stairs, towards the person.

Lee Sungyeol.

‘Myungsoo, why..’ Before he managed to continue his words, I launched my fist towards his cheeks, channeling my frustration and anger for his action. How can he do that? How can he reveal such a secret of her? How can he know in the first place?

‘Myungsoo!’ I hear her voice but I couldn’t control myself from punching him again and again. I stopped when she was beside me, holding my elbow. I panted harshly and glared at Sungyeol below me, with his nose and lips; bleeding.

‘How can you do that?!’ I yelled at his face, still fumed with my anger.

‘Do what, Myungsoo?’ Sungyeol tried to act innocent.

‘Don’t lie to me, fool. I know what you did. This..’ I took out the paper and showed it to him. As he wiped the blood running down his chin, he let out a sarcastic chuckle.

‘That? I didn’t know that I’ll get caught this fast.’

‘You’re son of a…’ I managed to stop as Jaehyun pulled me backward. I tried to resist but Jaehyun is not that weak.

‘Why? You’re my best friend, Lee Sungyeol!’

‘Am I? I think you’ve forgotten that months ago.’ Sungyeol words sounds bitter. At that time, I’ve realized my mistake.

‘See? You do realize it now, right? You left me, Kim Myungsoo. You totally left me for this girl.’ He turned his gaze to Jaehyun and it’s not a good one.

‘But, that’s not enough to be a reason for you to do this. Thing between us has nothing to do with her.’

‘There’s no us anymore, Myungsoo-ah. There’s only you and her. I know from your eyes. I know that you love her. I know that there’ll be no us anymore but I didn’t know that you’ll be this cruel. Where are you when I need you? Where?!’ Suddenly, I remembered when Sungyeol called me one evening, saying that he needed to see me but I dismissed him because I was with Jaehyun at that time.

‘Sungyeol-ah..’

‘Just stop, Kim Myungsoo. I know from the start that I’ll not win this battle.’ Sungyeol started to turn around and was about to leave…

I’m sorry. I’m really sorry, Lee Sungyeol. I didn’t know that I hurt you that much.’ I apologized. It’s my fault after all.

‘Just don’t.’ Sungyeol uttered before he left the gym.

I sighed in regret. I didn’t know that I’ll lose my best friend just like that. Tears started to brim in my eyes and I broke down in front of Jaehyun.

‘Myungsoo-ah, don’t cry.’ She coaxed. She patted my back and whispered her sweet nothing to sooth me.

‘Myungsoo-ah.’ She pulled up my chin to meet my gaze.

‘Do you love me?’ I nodded. There’s no loss to admit the truth.

I love you too.’ I was stunned by her words.

‘We’ll get him back. Together, okay?’ I just nodded weakly and the next thing I knew, I was in her warm embrace; feeling safe from everything. She used to be someone that I bullied but now, I got my comfort from her. Such a turn over.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I tried to follow your summary as much as possible.

Hope it didn’t disappoint you.

Thanks again for requesting from me!

Do drop your comment and upvote the shop.

Have a nice day. ;)

 

 

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

  Thanks for requesting! Come again from our shop. I'm sorry for the big delay. T^T I hope u like this story. I tried my best to provide the best story for my readers. ^^ Please comment after receive. Nae~ Vote is appreciate. And please, don't unsubscribe after receiving ur one-shot. Have a great day!

profile credit;

    © miss_lollipop - baby spring