5

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Maybe I could go to her place now, while it’s still dark and take Choco by force. I pondered, lying in the darkness of my room after a sleepless night.

No, even if I leave now, my place is about a five hour drive away.

After staying here for almost a week now, I had only just realised how far away from home I was. Well, not that I had a home anymore, but away from what I knew as home.

The bridge where Donghae found me was just on the outskirts of Mokpo, and had taken me roughly five hours to get there by bus from Seoul. Why Mokpo? Well, it was easy to take a direct bus there. Plus, I wanted to be far away from home when I let go. Little did I know, I would end up living in an extremely wealthy strangers house in Mokpo.

Still, I knew that there was no getting Choco back. I would miss her too.

I just couldn’t believe, the woman whom I had loved, shared a house and a bed with, the woman who I was convinced I would spend the rest of my life with would tell me not to come near her. It was as though I had the plague or something.

I glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 4 am. I wonder if Donghae’s awake.

I crept out of my bed and downstairs, half expecting to find him on the couch, drinking some kind of liquor.

No Donghae. I sighed. He must still be asleep.

I went back to bed, lying awake until sunrise.

 

The house was still quiet when I returned downstairs for breakfast. I poured soy milk over my cereal, wondering when Donghae would wake up. It was seven, there was still no sign of him.

I had simply assumed he’d had a late night last night with Heechul, and that he was sleeping it off. That was until, Kyuhyun burst through the front door.

“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun said, catching his breath. “Have you seen Donghae?!”

“No…” I replied, wondering why Kyuhyun was in desperate need of Donghae. “Why is that?”

“I was with him last night, helping him with his accounts in his office, and he seemed really pissed off.” Kyuhyun said in a state of panic. “And then, he left! He just got in his car and left! I have no idea where he is! He’s not answering his phone either!”

“What?!” I asked, dropping my spoon.

“I haven’t seen him since two last night!” Kyuhyun said. “I don’t know what got him so angry, but it isn’t like Donghae to do this. It really isn’t!”

“Oh my god…” Was all I could say. Kyuhyun nodded, his hair.

“I hope he hasn’t done anything stupid.” He said. “I’ve just been driving around trying to find the bastard! Heechul-hyung hasn’t seen him either!”

“Calm down Kyuhyun.” I said, patting the younger on the back. “I’m sure Donghae is fine. He’s probably just at a bar, blowing off some steam. Do you know what could have possibly got him so angry?”

“No.” Kyuhyun said. “I can’t think of anything. And he wouldn’t be at a bar. I know he’s always drinking, but he never gets drunk. Donghae would never go to a bar.”

“Hmm…” I sighed, trying to calm my nerves.

What if he’s in trouble?!

“Okay Kyuhyun.” I said finally. “All we can do is wait for him. I’m sure he’ll come back. In the meantime, can we call any other friends or family of his?”

“I’ve tried everyone.” He said. “Nobody’s seen or heard from him.”

.

“I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” I breathed. “If he’s not back by tonight, we can call the police then, okay?”

Kyuhyun calmed slightly, which only made me panic more.

I really hope we don’t have to resort to that.

As much as I wanted to freak out, I knew that I had to keep my calm for the sake of the younger boy. Kyuhyun was obviously very distraught, and I didn’t want to panic him further.

 

At around ten am, Donghae still hadn’t returned. Kyuhyun had calmed down, enough to have another attempt to look around for him. I offered to go with him, but he reminded me that one of us needed to wait in case he came home.

 

“Donghae, you idiot.” I muttered to myself through clenched teeth after Kyuhyun had left.

 

About half an hour later, the sound of keys rattling in the door made me bolt from my room and down the stairs.

That’s either Kyuhyun or…

“Donghae!” I cried at the sight of the brunette. He stumbled through the door, carrying two bags in one hand. I was about to scream at him as to where he had been, but suddenly, my heart fell through my body at the sight of what he carried in his other arm.

“Choco!” I screamed as Donghae placed the little ball of orange fluff onto the tiles. She scrambled around on the floor, finding her footing and running across to me, I scooped her up in my arms, holding her against my face. “Oh my god!”

That means… I looked up in Donghae in pure shock. He placed the two other bags on the floor, walking to the fridge and pouring himself a glass of the same black liquid.

“Donghae…” I said in disbelief. “Y-you went and got Choco?”

He nodded slowly.

“How?” I breathed. Not only would he have had to drive for about eight hours, but he didn’t even know where I lived.

“I traced your girlfriends number you dialled on my phone.” He said, swallowing the rest of the liquid. “I’m sorry, I honestly tried to stop myself. But I just couldn’t bare seeing you like that. So I got her back for you. I hope you don’t mind-.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter