25

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke to the sound of voices downstairs. For a moment I thought maybe Donghae had someone over, but when I dragged myself downstairs, I found him on the phone, pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

He looked up at me and smiled, mouthing ‘good morning’ before quickly going back to his conversation.

“And for the last time, I don’t care.” He somewhat laughed. “I told you I don’t want to.”

Donghae rolled his eyes, listening to whoever it was he was talking to him respond. I took a seat at the bench, watching his expression twist and turn with every sentence he was hearing.

“Heechul, I said no.” He sighed. “I don’t want a bunch of strangers roaming around my house… No, having it at your house won’t make a difference… No, it’s the people I have a problem with, you know I don’t like crowds or socializing…”

I watched his broken conversation carry on, wondering what he was discussing with Heechul.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged, pouring milk into his bowl. “I was going to spend it with Hyukjae, not at some gigantic fancy schmancy party.”

Party?

“It’s just a birthday Heechul,” He muttered. “And as the birthday boy can’t I decide what we do and don’t do?”

Wait, are they saying that…. I quickly remembered the date. Oh ! It’s Donghae’s birthday this Friday!

I bit my lip, suddenly remembering my boyfriend would be turning twenty five in exactly four days.

“For the last time, no Heechul.” Donghae said finally. “There will be no gigantic house party. That’s final. Now I have to go, Hyukjae’s awake.” He smiled, catching my eye.

He hung up his phone, placing it on the bench.

“What was that about?” I asked, folding my arms on the counter.

“Oh, just Heechul wanting to throw a massive birthday party for me.” He sighed, sprinkling sugar over his cereal. “Every year he tries to drag me along, and I only end up going because I don’t want to spend my birthday alone watching Titanic and eating macaroni and cheese. But now that I have you, I think I’d rather spend my birthday together.”

I smiled, feeling flattered at his comment, and also sad about the macaroni part.

“So, no party?” I asked.

“I told him no,” Donghae said. “But whether or not he listens will be a different story.”

I laughed, getting from my seat to hug my boyfriend.

He began to kiss my neck, and things were starting to get heated, when my phone rang in my pocket. We both paused, looking at each other in confusion. The only person I’d ever get calls from was Donghae.

Hesitantly, I answered.

“H-Hello?” I asked. The line remained silent for a while, when suddenly, I heard an all too familiar voice.

“Eunhyuk 2!” Heechul exclaimed. “Hi, how are you?”

I was about to answer, but he suddenly cut me off.

“Listen, there’s been a slight change of plans!” Heechul said. “We’re going to throw Donghae a surprise party instead! It’ll be great, just don’t tell Donghae that-.”

“Donghae,” I said, lowering my phone, but so Heechul could still hear me. “Heechul’s throwing you a surprise party.”

“Eunhyuk 2!” Heechul wailed. “You ing traitor!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I said, “Bye Heechul.”

“No, wait!” He begged. I paused, listening to what he was about to say. “If you help me with this, I’ll make it worth your time.”

“How so?” I asked, not really caring, but just curious as to what he has to offer.

“How about this,” Heechul bargained. “If you just make sure Donghae comes to Seoul with you, I’ll make sure that Eunhyuk shows up too.”

I froze.

Wait, Eunhyuk? As in Super Junior’s Eunhyuk?

“Really?!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Heechul said smugly. “I’ll even introduce you two twins.”

My face lit up. I would actually get to meet Eunhyuk, the real Eunhyuk!

“I’ll think about it…” I trailed off.

“You do that.” Heechul said. “Bye.”

The line clicked dead.

Donghae looked at me, letting out a deep sigh.

“I guess we’re going to the party then, huh?” He said.

I brought my lips to his, kissing him and whispering against his lips: “We’ll see.”

 

 

“Oh.. My… God!” Key dramatically waved his hands about when I handed him the boots I had just finished studding. “Hyukjae, those look dazzling!”

“Thanks.” I muttered, watching Key stare at my handiwork with a huge smile.

“Well, aren’t we lucky to have a cutie like you here?” Key winked, pinching my cheek and hurrying off to the stage.

I sighed with relief.

Finally, I’m making good progress at work.

I loved working at the theatre. Taemin, was a nineteen year old intern with a passion for the arts who was placed in the wardrobe department with me. Sure, it felt a little embarrassing being outshone by a guy seven years younger than me, but at least now I was being recognised for my efforts.

I smiled, hearing Key’s approving words replay in my mind.

Suddenly, I my heels, remembering my mission of the day: thinking of what to get my beloved boyfriend for his birthday in two days.

 

“Just get him something that represents a significant event in your relationship.” - Ji-Yong had advised me. Wise words… But what?

“Give him something personal. Something that could only come from you. He likes all that lovey-dovey romantic crap, right?” - Kyuhyun had said. Interesting wording there, but also a good point.

“.” - Heechul had winked. “Take off all your clothes, wrap a ribbon around your pretty little neck and lay on his bed.” Are you kidding me Kim Heechul?!

 

I paced back and forth. What do you get someone who has everything money can buy for his birthday?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter