15

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyoyeon?” I repeated, feeling my eyes widen.

Oh my god. It’s really her. She’s here. Why is she here?

Her thin lips broke into a small smile. The smile which I’d spent every day missing.

Am I dreaming? I studied her soft face, thin eyes and long brown hair.

“H-Hyukkie.” She said through visible tears. “Hyukkie it’s really you.”

She ran to me, throwing her arms around my neck. I let my arms settle around her waist.

She didn’t hesitate to sob quietly into my shoulder.

“Hyoyeon.” I whispered. “What are you doing here?”

She pulled away from me.

“I-I’m so sorry Hyukkie.” She blubbered, wiping tears from her smiling face. “I’ve missed you so so much.”

She’s here. She’s really here. She’s hugging me.

“I…” Honestly, I didn’t know what to say. I stood there, looking at her face in a dream like state.

She instantly turned to Donghae, grinning wildly. I quickly shut my mouth, forgetting Donghae was watching us the entire time. I studied Donghae’s face. I couldn’t even read his expression. It was torn between awkward and an extremely bitter smile.

“I found your house after the last time we’d met…” She said, sounding apologetic. “And now I’ve found my Hyukkie again.”

I took a deep breath.

Hyoyeon was here. She had come all the way from Seoul to get me back.

Donghae smiled, halfway between a grin and grimace at Hyoyeon.

“Can we go inside?” I cleared my throat.

The three of us were standing outside under the floodlights of the driveway. Not even a knife could have cut the tension. Hyoyeon, who was apparently happy to see me, and sorry to Donghae for their last encounter involving him being punched in the face by her beefed up boyfriend. Me, who could sense how awkward Donghae felt, and how much I missed the love of my life. And Donghae?

I had no idea. His eyes shifted between myself and Hyoyeon, and then quickly dropping while he lead us inside.

“Drink?” Donghae offered her as we stepped into the spacious living room. She shook her head, turning back to me.

I had a million questions buzzing around in my subconscious, but my mind remained blank. I couldn’t tear my eyes off of her. She stood there, clutching her jacket over her arms.

“Why are you here?” I asked her. She bit her lip, looking at me with a genuine expression.

“I-I came for you Hyukkie.” She said. “Ever since things had ended between us, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I was so worried…”

So she’s been thinking about me too. Maybe she does really love me, and still does.

My eyes caught Donghae as he shifted on his feet, awkwardly deciding whether or not to leave the room. He cleared his throat, turning on his heels and leaving us to our privacy.

I slowly sat down on the couch, trying to recover from the over all shock.

“How have you been?” Her voice was gentle and coaxing.

Well, I tried to kill myself, been living in a world of depression without you and was sick with a life threatening case of the flu, only to have you ask me this very question.

“Fine.” I cleared my throat. What else was I supposed to say?

“Hyukkie.” She said, sitting beside me. Tears rimmed her beautiful eyes. She tucked her hair behind her ear, placing her hand gently on my knee in a familiar fashion. “I’m so sorry for everything.”

I grunted, still recovering from my state of shock.

“I didn’t mean to fall into a downwards spiral.” She breathed. “I didn’t mean to push you away. And Taeyang, he was nothing.”

Nothing? You sacrificed our relationship to be with him? You picked him over me, how is that nothing?

“But none of that is the same now.” She continued. “I’ve come to my senses now. Hyukkie, I love you. I love you and nobody else. So please…”

I sighed.

“Come home.” She whispered.

She slowly took my hand in hers, rubbing her thumb over my knuckle. Her hands were thin, warm and reminded me of the life I used to live. The life I left behind.

“I’m different now.” She whimpered. “I-I love you for who you are. Nothing can change that now. Nothing. I don’t know why I ever thought those things about you were bad. They were the things that made you different. You are perfect.”

Somehow, those words seemed more believable coming from Donghae.

“Hyoyeon…” I took a deep breath.

She shushed me, slowly leaning her head on my shoulder. I smelt the light scent of strawberry shampoo coming from her silky brown hair. I missed that smell more than anything in the world.

“Just come back home Hyukkie.” She sniffled. “Come back home, and we can make everything better.”

I pressed my cheek against the top of her head.

“I’ve missed you so much Hyoyeon.” I sighed. I squeezed her hand tightly in mine.

I guess I’m going home.

 

I was still in a state of shock. My whole body felt numb. I almost forgot to breathe at one stage.

She loves me. She wants me back. I’ll finally be going back to my old place. I’ll finally be…

Happy.

She waited for me downstairs. I slowly put my foot down on each step, making my way upstairs.

I opened the door to what had become my bedroom almost the past two months. On auto-pilot, I began taking my clothes from the closet, stuffing them into a bag I dug from the back of the shelves. I grabbed my laptop, placing that was the last thing on top and zipped it up.

I’m finally leaving. I’m actually going home.

I sighed. I never actually thought this day would come.

I took one last look at the bedroom, and closed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter