Chapter 38

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hana!” Jin Hee called out as she came half-running, half-striding towards me, a smile plastered in her face.

“Hi, Jin Hee…” I said, rather awkwardly. I was going to extended my arm when Jin Hee suddenly hugged me.

“It’s so good to see you again!” Jin Hee gushed after pulling away from me.

I smiled back at her. “Same.” I said. “I’m not sure if you know but Jongin’s actually not in school today.” I said, thinking she’s probably looking for her brother. “He’s at the—”

“The agency, training, I know.” Jin Hee finished. “I didn’t went here for Jongin. I came here to see you.”

I raised my brows. “Me?” I said, pointing to myself.

“Yep.” Jin Hee said, nodding her head as she fumble inside her handbag hanging on her arm. “Jongin told me that you’re going to be his date for the GALA tomorrow night. I love parties, in case you don’t know. I love the chaos of preparations, it overwhelms me in a very good way.” she added, looking at me excitedly and then she continued talking. Fast. “Anyway, I went here to ask if you want to go shopping with me. I still don’t have anything to wear. I mean, I already received some of the dressed I ordered for fitting but I didn’t like any of them. Do you already have something to wear? If you don’t we can go and shop together, but if you already have, we can still go and shop together. We haven’t really hang out, anyway, what do you think?” she asked, finally breathing.

“Er…I, uh…” I stammered as I rack my brain for an answer. Jin Hee’s phone started ringing, she stuck out her index finger at me, indicating she’ll take the call. 

I honestly haven’t thought much about the dress I’m going to wear. I have some dresses at home but I’m not really sure if they’re cut out for the event tomorrow night. Then again, I don’t want to turn down her invitation. I honestly like Jin Hee, I think she’s really cool and I’d really like to hang out with her.

“So?” she turned to me after she hung up the phone.

“I do have something to wear.” I told her, “But I’d love to hang out with you.”

“Awesome!” Jin Hee said, smiling broadly. She linked her arm around mine and we headed to her car parked just outside the school.

We arrived in the mall quite sooner—Jin Hee is one heck of a driver. As we walk inside the mall, she asked me if I have a certain favorite shop, I told her I don’t really have one. The last time I did shopping for myself was ages ago. Jin Hee pulled me into this fancy looking boutique. She started looking around and sometimes asking me if the dress looked good on her. After a few minutes, she wanted to try three dresses and she told me she’ll just go to the fitting room. Meanwhile, I find myself gaping at the stunning dresses displayed inside. I suddenly felt like a girl. I mean, I am a girl and I fancy dresses, too. It’s totally normal. I took a peek on one of the dress’s price tag and then on another one…

Thank God I told her I already have a dress for the party, I thought in relief. The prices of these dresses were twice the price of the tuition fee I still need to work on.

That time, I also found out that Jin Hee and Jongin are definitely related—they’re both stubborn. After Jin Hee decided what she’s going to wear, she actually noticed me checking out some dresses. In an instant, she pulled one of the ladies working there and asked her to assist me in fitting two of the dresses I was gaping at. I was about to protest but Jin Hee had already shoved me inside the fitting room.

I first tried on the ruby red chiffon dress. Jin Hee commented that it looks perfect for my skin tone but I also look like I’m going to a dance marathon or something. Then, I tried the last dress, which I personally think was very pretty—it has a -colored one shoulder bead embellished top and a black net skirt dress.

“Oh my God.” Jin Hee gasped, she took a step towards me.

“Is it that bad?” I asked her, uneasily.

“Are you kidding me?” Jin Hee said, grinning. She took my arm and made me turn around. “I think Jongin wouldn’t be able to take his eyes off you with that dress on. Or any guy for that matter.” she smirked, reminding me strongly of Jongin. I didn’t know what to say to that so I kept my mouth shut. “Can you please wrap this one up along with my two dresses, please?” Jin Hee told the lady who happily nodded.

“What—wait!” I said, abruptly stopping the lady who started to push me back inside the fitting room. “Jin Hee, I told you I already have a dress.” I told her, and I don’t have any money to pay for this exceptionally gorgeous dress that I’d rather wear at the party but I can’t so no, I desperately added to myself.

Jin Hee gave me a smile and put a hand on my bare shoulder. “Hana, I know. I didn’t forget.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter