Chapter 3

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As expected, the trip to Yixing’s house was rather awkward. Well, at least for me. The girl was busy having a conversation with Jongin, although his response to her were only short ones.

“So, what’s your name by the way?” the girl suddenly asked me.

She turned to face me and I suddenly felt self-conscious on how gorgeous this girl in closer look. Her face seemed to glow and her model-like features were shockingly beautiful. Her big brown eyes was glinting, her full lips curled into a smirk and if I’m not mistaken, with something ominous to it.

“I’m Cho Hana.” I said in a neutral voice.

The girl knit her eyebrows, thinking. “Why does your name ring a bell?” she asked.

Before I could speak, Jongin cut in. “She’s a writer for the school newspaper.”

“Right.” the girl said, glancing at Jongin then back at me. I can tell she wanted to say something other than that but hesitated. “Anyway, my name is Park Eun Hee. I’m a transferee.” she smiled at me but it was anything but friendly.

I forced a smile. “Nice to meet you.”

“You’re going to interview Jongin, I suppose?” Eun Hee asked, glancing sideways at Jongin who turned to a curb.

“Yeah.” I said, starting to feel increasingly uncomfortable.

Eun Hee smiled and she made sure I knew it was a fake smile. “Great.” she said and then she turned her back at me.

After a few moments, Jongin jammed the break and the car stopped. Jongin climbed out first while Eun Hee calling out to wait for her. I got off the car last and notice the other handful of cars now parked in front of a huge front yard.

There's a perfectly mowed lawn with sprinkles and little lights everywhere. I looked up and saw a tall wrought iron gate with Chinese characters written on it. I spotted Yixing getting out of his own car along with Baekhyun and others. My jaw nearly dropped when I turned around, in front of the beautiful yard was a huge Contemporary styled mansion. I heard Yixing’s family back in China is pretty well-off but I had no idea that this is how wealthy his family is. Besides, Yixing doesn’t really brag about it unlike my other rich kid classmates. He’s very humble and friendly, in fact.

“I hope you have fun in here.” Eun Hee said to me sardonically. Before I could respond, Eun Hee sized me up and smirked, “And by the way, your name sounded familiar to me because my friend Dae Hyun told me all about you.” she winked at me wickedly and sauntered along with other guests heading inside the house and linked her arms with Jongin.

I hated it but I felt myself shrinking back as I watched her disappear inside the mansion.

Dae Hyun. What could he possibly told Eun Hee about me?

“Hey,” Sehun appeared beside me with his ever blinding smile. “We should get inside.” he told me, “It’s getting cold out here.”

I gave him a smile and nodded my head.

------

The minute I stepped inside the Zhang’s manor, I wondered where on earth his parents are because he practically turned their place into a wild-zone. The bass was so loud it was practically throbbing against the walls of the house. I didn’t expect so many people to come but then again, I don’t really know what to expect on parties like this. I started to doubt my decision to come here. Every corner of the house was crowded with people, chatting, laughing, drinking and just basically having fun. I caught a glimpse of some couple making out in the couch and in the hallway and I really started to think that going here is a mistake.

Sehun and I squeezed ourselves out of the crowd and when we reached a less clamorous hallway, I could hear an RnB music playing distantly. “There’s a dance floor by the backyard.” Sehun told me as he dragged me there. I had no idea why he wanted me to go there but I will never dance in there under any circumstances.

And Yixing defnitely turned their backyard into a club-ish. There were lights flashing everywhere, a group of people were gathering in the dance floor and dancing their hearts out. Some of the guests decided to just stay on the wooden bench beside the pool and chat. Or make out. Sehun told me to wait for me there while he get something to drink.

“Hana!” it was Baekhyun, running towards me a minute after Sehun disappeared. “Min Jee arrived yet?” he asked, leaning towards me a little so I could hear him. I looked at him for moment, studying him if he’s drunk or not. He looked sober, though.

I shook my head. “Not yet.” I said to him a little louder because of the music. “She’s actually going to call you once she’s headed here.”

Baekhyun nodded his head. “Right.” he said and checked his phone. “Oh! She sent me a message.” he read the text message and laughed. “She told me to keep an eye on you otherwise she’ll kick my if someone mess with you.”

We laughed and then Sehun came back with two plastic cups in each hand. “I only got one for Hana.” Sehun said to Baekhyun when he reached for the other punch in his hand.

Baekhyun scowled at him and told us that he will just get something for himself. Fortunate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter