Chapter 23

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I backed away and pushed him off me. “What is wrong with you?!” I yelped at him, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

“C’mon, Hana.” he scoffed, a smug smile on his face. “I know you want me back as much as I do.”

“Are you kidding me right now?” I half-shouted at him stormily.

Dae Hyun took a step towards me. “If you don’t want me back then why did you go out on a date with me to—”

“Stop!” I cut him off heatedly. “Stop talking. First of all, this isn’t a date. Second of all, I agreed to meet with you today because I hoping to get some closure with you, for old time’s sake! Not to get back with you!”

“I don’t want to have any closure!” Dae Hyun said, raising his voice. “I want you back, okay?!”

“No, it’s not okay!” I said in a raised voice as well. “I don’t want to get back with you. Ever!”

Dae Hyun laughed coldly while running a hand through his hair. “Is it because of Jongin?” he asked, looking at me reproachfully.

I sighed forcefully and shook my head in disbelief.

“I noticed you’ve been hanging out with him a lot.” Dae Hyun continued in his cold voice, his face is all red in frustration. “And then that rumor going on around between you two—”

“Jongin’s my friend!” I said, glaring at him.

“That’s not what I’ve been hearing around school.” Dae Hyun said, he quickly grasped my arm. “Are you going out with him?!” he asked me, pulling me closer to him. “I’ve seen the way he’s looked at you! There’s definitely something going around—”

“So what if I’m going out with him?!” I shot at him, angrily as I try to free myself from his steel grasp. “Last time I checked, you broke up with me!”

“I know that!” Dae Hyun said, “And I’m sorry about that.”

“You’re sorry?” I scoffed at him, it was my turn to laugh dully. “You don’t look or sound like that. At all.” I said to him, emphasizing the last two words, making sure he comprehended every word. It seemed like her did because for a moment, he looked rather dumbfounded. “Let go of me!” I yelped as I wriggled my arm free from his grasp but he wouldn’t budge.

“No.” Dae Hyun said in a dangerously low voice. His grip on my arm went more tighter that a gasp from pain escaped my mouth. “Not until you tell me you’ll stay away from Jongin, not—”

Dae Hyun didn’t finish his words because a huge and swift wave of energy coursed through me and the next thing I know, my knuckles met his throat. Dae Hyun automatically let go of my arm and I sprinted across the sidewalk.

Panting and with my heart in my throat, I turned around when my foot hit the sidewalk. Even from where I was standing, Dae Hyun seemed flustered and he was gasping for air as he clutch his neck. I didn’t lose time, I ran again, my hand over my head so that my beanie wouldn’t fall off. When I reached the bus stop, there’s a bus waiting already.

My heart was pounding restlessly as I settled on a seat inside the bus, worried that Dae Hyun might ran after me. Fortunately, the bus’ doors closed and we’re already driving away. I held up my hand, the one I punched Dae Hyun with, it was all red and a bit stingy, I must’ve hit him too hard.

Served him right! a daring voice said inside my head.

---------

The next morning, as soon as I got up from my bed, there was this sore pain in my arm. When I lifted my t-shirt’s sleeve, there was an ugly bruise, half the size of a tea saucer. Good thing the weather was a bit cold so I pulled on my school cardigan over my uniform, completely hiding my arms.

When I arrived at school, people are giving me looks, although, I’m not sure if it’s a good or a bad one. They just stare at me and murmur when I walked past them. I had a feeling why they’re acting like that and when Min Jee caught up with me after my class, I knew I was right.

“Is it true you’re back with Dae Hyun?” Min Jee asked as soon as I exited my classroom. She has an agit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter