Chapter 20

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So that’s why he’d been acting all weird since the time Sehun said he’ll confess to her and the reason why Jongin didn’t want to help him at all…

And then I felt my heart plummet at once, although, I was not entirely sure if it’s because the look in his eyes was so sad or because he actually like someone. She’s very pretty, I remembered him saying this afternoon. And the way he looked so queasy while Sehun was telling us his plan to confess to her…

“You probably like her a lot then.” I heard myself saying, dropping my gaze.“Yeah, I do.” he said, putting his hands inside his pockets.

“Does Sehun knew that you like her, too?” I can’t help asking.

Jongin laughed dully. “He’s actually the first one who pointed it out to me.” he said.

“But if you like her a lot, why didn’t you confess to her?” I asked him cautiously. Then, another thought struck me and looked up at him. “Oh my God! Are you hesitant to confess to her because of that rumors going around about us?” I asked him anxiously. “Is that it?”

“No, it’s not that.” Jongin said, chuckling a little.

“Oh, good.” I sighed in relief. “Because I’d feel really bad.” and that’s the truth. As much as I like Jongin, I want him to be happy with whoever girl he likes.

“Can I ask you something?” Jongin asked, glancing towards the setting sun.

“Yeah?”

“I was just thinking,” he started when I noticed a heart shaped pebble on the ground and picked it up. “What did you thought about that joke Baekhyun and others kept pressing on me?”

“You mean ‘Kkamjong’?” I asked him, grinning at him teasingly.

“No, not that.” he said, smiling a little. “The…other thing. You know, when they said—” he stammered. I frowned at him, completely clueless on what he’s trying to say. Jongin scratched the side of his head and forced out a sigh. “That I like you…kind of thing?”

Why is he asking me this? I thought. He’s probably tired of being on the rumor mill with me.

“Oh, that.” I said, trying to sound nonchalant. “What about it?” I asked him as I rolled the pebble in the palm of my hand.

“W-well, what did you think about that?” he asked and then he cleared his throat.

“Nothing.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Jongin frowned at me. “What do you mean exactly?” he asked inquisitively.

“It means I don’t believe them.” I said to him as plainly and truthful as I felt as I glanced down at the pebble in my palm.

“Why not?”

“Because I know I’m not your type.” I said. Why are we having this conversation all of sudden?

Jongin walked towards me and stopped just a few meters away from where I was sitting, he’s still frowning at me. “What exactly is my type?” he demanded.

I gazed at him, trying to search his face if he’s being serious with his question. I sighed and stood up from my seat and put my arms across my chest, looking at him smartly. “You like tall, skinny and girls with…you know…” I shrugged my shoulder then Jongin raised his brows, “With really great body. And—” I held up a finger when he scoffed and try to in. “I remember you signing on my classmate’s slam book back in sophomore year and wrote ‘Han Ye Seul’ as your ideal type which makes a lot of sense because a few years later you started dating Park Yu Jin who look a lot like her.” I finished, drawing a deep breath right after.

Jongin looked at me for a moment and narrowed his eyes at me. “Why are you reading my entry on that slam book, anyway?” he smirked.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I said with a clever smile. “I was looking over all of the entries. And besides everybody knows how much you fancy Han Ye Seul.”

I have another smart comment on him but Jongin didn’t say anything, he merely gazed at me as I continue to talk. “I can’t blame you, though. I’m a fan of Han Ye Seul myself. She’s really beautiful and a really good actress. Good for you.”

“I like you.” said Jongin plainly.

“I know, I said I like her, too—”

“You’re not listening,” Jongin said, gently grasping the sides of my shoulders and looking straight into my eyes. “I said I like you. You.”

A long pause followed and I find myself staring at Jongin in shock. At this very moment, I don’t know what exactly I’m feeling, thoughts were racing inside my head, faster than ever, and my heart was thudding frantically against my chest. But I knew I have to say something because Jongin was looking at me as if, he’s willing me to open my mouth and say something.

Did I heard him right? I wondered to myself, anxiously.

“I like you, Hana.” Jongin restated, as if he could read my mind. He said the words more firmly this time and fixing his gaze on me as he gently let go of my shoulders, his finger tips gently brushing my arms. “For quite some time now.” he glanced away then and I noticed that his forehead was starting to sweat and his cheeks turning red.

“Oh.” I managed to squeak after what seemed like forever. I was still staring at him as I try to find words to say. “But… you said—just awhile ago, you said—you like the girl Sehun was going to confess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter