Chapter 19

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The following day, Jongin kept his word and showed my photo to his dear friends first thing in the morning. He was laughing along with Sehun, Baekhyun and Yixing in our homeroom when I arrived. I merely rolled my eyes at Jongin who held up his phone higher when I tried to snatch his phone away.

“Don’t worry, Hana.” Sehun said to me with a smile. “You still look cute even with all that smudge on your face.” he said, comforting me.

“Thanks, Sehun.” I said, smiling back at him and then I turned to Jongin who was watching me and Sehun. I stuck out my tongue at him and then went to my seat.

Honestly, I don’t mind him laughing at my photo. I actually felt a bit helpful for him, if he’s bothered lately, he definitely need something to cheer him up and I’ll be glad to do that myself even when the thing that makes him laugh was actually my ridiculous-looking self.

The next few days, I find some things weird. For one thing, Dae Hyun had been acknowledging my existence all of a sudden. Yes, it still bugs me because he clearly stated, after he broke up with me that he wants to do nothing with me anymore and now, he’s acting all pleasant. I just let him smile and wave at me whenever we would pass by each other in the corridors or bump into each other at the cafeteria.

Another weird thing was that I’ve been seeing Sehun, Baekhyun Yixing, Kyungsoo and Jongin murmuring with each other. At first, it would look like they’re arguing and then Sehun and Baekhyun will start to laugh. I asked them once if there’s something going on between them, like if they’re arguing, but they said they’re okay and just fooling around.

And the last weird thing was that the rumor of me and Jongin going out re-surfaced again. Apparently, some of our school mates spotted us last Tuesday night at the park. Seriously, I feel like I’m in an episode of Gossip Girl. Min Jee, Baekhyun and Yixing started teasing us again, as expected, I ignored them.

One afternoon, though, while Min Jee and I were hanging out with the boys in the courtyard, Sehun shared us his little secret after Baekhyun and Yixing told a story about the funny show they’ve seen the other night and Baekhyun impersonated a scene making us roar with laughing except Sehun who was looking a little detached that day.

“Sehun’s a little quiet today.” I pointed out.

Sehun looked at me with a little surprised look as though he wasn’t listening to our group’s conversation.

“Hana’s right.” Yixing piped in, leaning towards the table a little. “He’s been acting like that quite recently.”

Baekhyun nudged Sehun on the side. “What’s up with you?” he asked him.

Sehun sighed and sat straight on his seat. “Fine, I’ll tell you.” he said halfheartedly. “Er, there’s this girl I like.” he said smiling shyly.

“Ooh, girl problem!” Min Jee and I giggled.

“I knew it!” Yixing said, chuckling.

Baekhyun shook Sehun’s hands as if he won a lottery or something. “What’s she like?” Baekhyun asked him eagerly.

Sehun smiled more brightly, clearly thinking about his crush right now. “She’s really pretty.” he said a little shyly. “She’s really smart and nice, too.”

“What’s her name?” Min Jee asked excitedly and I nodded my head in agreement.

“Yeah, tell us her name!” Yixing demanded.

“I can’t tell you her name yet.” Sehun said, bashfully.

“But do we know her?” Min Jee asked again.

Sehun nodded confidently. “Yeah.” he said, “She’s too beautiful not to be noticed. Actually, Jongin knows her.” he added, eyeing his friend.

Along with others, I turned my head towards Jongin who was sitting beside me. I realized he hasn’t said anything since Sehun confessed that he liked someone. “Do you really know her?” I asked Jongin.

“Yeah, I do.” he said after a moment, looking a little stiff.

Yixing, who was sitting on Jongin’s other side, nudged Jongin on his ribs. “Is she really pretty?”

“She’s very pretty.” Jongin said indifferently and then he cleared his throat.

The group turned to Sehun again. “Did you confess to her yet?” Baekhyun asked him.

“Not yet.” Sehun said. “But I think I’ll do it this afternoon, after school.”

“That’s so sweet.” I said genuinely and the others agreed. Well, except Jongin who’s still stiff and wore a blank expression on his face.

“Do you think she’ll respond to my feelings, Hana?” Sehun asked, looking at me chirpily.

I nodded my head positively. “Of course,” I said, “You’re a nice guy, I think she’ll like you back.”

Sehun smiled more broadly. “That’s very comforting.” he said. “Although, I think I’ll need a help.”

“After school?” Yixing said, “I can’t. My grandparents are here, they want me to come home after school.”

“Me neither.” Baekhyun said, looking sorry at Sehun. “I have some—stuff—to do.” he stammered. “Maybe Jongin can help you.” he offered.

I turned to Jongin, a tight expression flashed across his face as he looked at his friends, and then gone the next second. “I—can’t.” he stuttered, looking a little queasy. “I’m busy.”

Feeling a little sorry for Sehun, I turned to him. “Maybe Min Jee and I can help you.” I offered him.

“I’m busy, Hana.” Min hee said quickly. “I have a club meeting after school.”

I forced out a sigh. “Fine, then I’ll help you.” I said again to Sehun.

“Really? You would do that?” Sehun asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter