Yongguk/Daehyun

Request Dump

 

"Are you sure you don't want me to sleep on the floor?"

Yongguk grits his teeth and clenches his fists tightly and it's all he can do not to spin around and snap at Daehyun. This is about the fifteenth time the younger male is asking this and just like the question remains the same, so does Yongguk's answer: "It's fine. We can both sleep on the bed." The bed is small and it's obviously only meant for one person, but even though he's not really that big on the idea of sleeping in the same bed as Daehyun, he can't bring himself to force the younger to sleep on the floor either. He's not that heartless. "Let's just go to sleep."

Without making eye contact they both crawl under the covers - at least they managed to win two separate blankets from the pile - and they lay in awkward silence for what feels like a long time. Both of them stay as close to the edge as possible, but there is still only a few inches of space between them. Yongguk has his back turned. He can tell that Daehyun is looking at him, though. It makes him feel tense. "I'm sorry we lost the game, hyung," the younger says quietly.

"It's not your fault."

"If I had known that Youngjae was going to-"

"It's fine! Really! Don't worry about it!" Yongguk didn't mean to snap, it really isn't Daehyun's fault, but it's been an exhausting day and nothing has worked for him and this is the last thing he needed. Their team lost the game the TV crew had arranged for them, which means that they got the worst room, which means that he probably won't even be able to get a good night's sleep. Not like this.

Daehyun stays quiet and Yongguk quickly starts to feel guilty about his outburst. Just when he's about to apologize for snapping, Daehyun speaks up again: "I'm sorry, I'll stop talking now," he mutters. "Goodnight, hyung." Yongguk wants to say something. In the end he doesn't and the opportunity passes.

 

Yongguk wakes up in the middle of the night when he rolls into something warm and right away he remembers what happened a couple of hours earlier, which causes him to practically jump back. Daehyun is still fast asleep next to him on the bed. He seems to be unaffected by Yongguk almost accidentally rolling on top of him just seconds prior. Daehyun's face is peaceful, eyelashes fluttering and full lips parted slightly.

For a moment Yongguk wonders if those lips feel as soft as they look. Then he beats himself up mentally for even thinking that thought through. Daehyun would probably be disgusted if he knew he thought about things like that. He's not supposed to have feelings for his band mates. And yet that is exactly what he has. He's still struggling to come to terms with the fact that he might think of Daehyun as more than a friend. He's not supposed to think that way.

"I'm sorry I'm a bit hard on you sometimes," Yongguk whispers. Of course he gets no response because Daehyun is fast asleep. "I know... I know that I play favorites and I know that it's really obvious too. But I have to do that to make sure you stay away from me." He lets his gaze wander over the other's still peaceful face. Then he leans in and presses his lips to the corner of his mouth, just for a second, before pulling back. "I... actually, I really like you. And it scares the hell out of me, so... it's better if I ignore it. I'm sorry."

With a heart that's lighter after the confession, Yongguk turns his back on the younger male again in order to go back to sleep. Deep down he knows that he should probably have said all of this while the other was awake, that it would be more fair to Daehyun if he did it that way and told him the truth, but he can't do that. There's too much at risk for both of them and it's a risk he's not willing to take.

 

~*~

 

A/N: for Kazuma who loves bangdae just as much as I do and requested bangdae being forced to share a bed.
this is what I was able to come up with for this. 
I have absolutely no idea how this even happened, but here it is.
I hope you're going to like this~