Luhan/Minseok

Request Dump

Even though their weekday mornings almost always start the exact same way, Luhan is sure he's never going to grow tired of it. Some may suggest that routine is tedious and that they're going to get bored in the long run. Luhan doesn't think so. He likes spending his mornings just like this:

Minseok's alarm goes off first and he stays in bed and cuddles with Luhan for about five minutes (sometimes closer to ten if Luhan gets his way) before leaving with a kiss pressed to Luhan's eager lips. By the time Luhan's alarm rings Minseok will have showered and made coffee because lord knows Luhan needs that stuff so he won't doze off when he showers afterwards. They eat breakfast together and then Minseok prepares to go to work, and Luhan gets out of the bathroom just in time to kiss Minseok goodbye on the doorstep before he leaves.

Friday morning starts out in a similar fashion. Minseok's alarm blares through the silence, and Luhan groans and rolls over to curl his entire body around Minseok to keep him from getting up. Minseok doesn't even object, physically nor verbally. That should be the first indication that something's not right. Even if Minseok always ends up giving in eventually, he always at least pretends to be unwilling. Luhan is still half asleep, however, and he's too unconscious to really notice the lack of protest. As expected, five minutes pass before Minseok pulls out of Luhan's embrace and rolls out of bed, pressing a quick kiss to Luhan's lips. Then he's gone.

Half an hour later Luhan is stumbling out of the room in his underwear, heading straight for the kitchen. His eyes are barely open and his tunnel vision guides him straight towards the mug of steaming coffee that is waiting for him on the counter, its twin standing on the dining table in front of Minseok. Luhan is really not a morning person. It probably doesn't help that he ended up going to sleep an hour later than usual last night. Making love to a drowsy, pliant Minseok just seemed so much more inviting than sleep at the time. Luhan regrets nothing.

Blindly he grabbles for the mug and he holds it with both of his hands as he leans back against the counter and downs the beverage in generous gulps, letting out a sigh of content. “You make the best coffee,” he says. That's what he always says every morning and he expects to get the usual answer back too. It never comes. Luhan's sleep-slow brain doesn't pick up on the lack of response right away, but when he does notice, he frowns. He clears his throat and repeats a little louder: “You make the best coffee.”

Minseok is staring into empty air and there's that small crease etched between his eyebrows that appears when his mind is working too hard. “Huh?” he mumbles absently. “Oh. Uh. Yeah.”

Luhan frowns even more. “No,” he says sternly.

Now Minseok turns his head to look at him and he frowns as well. “What?”

That's not how it's supposed to go.” Luhan sets down the mug and crosses his arms over his bare chest, the gesture petulant and bordering on childish. He resists the urge to stomp his foot while he's at it. He's twenty-eight. He's not that immature. “I'm supposed to tell you that you make the best coffee and then you're supposed to say 'I know, you say that every day' and I'm supposed to respond with 'I know, you say that every day'. And then we laugh and kiss and drink our coffee. This isn't the right way. This isn't how it's supposed to go.” He finishes with a pout for effect.

Oh.” Minseok rubs tiredly at his forehead with his palm and sighs. “Yeah, sorry. I'm just...” He goes quiet without completing the sentence. Luhan feels concern well up in his chest at the look of the distressed expression on Minseok's face. In a silent invitation of comfort, Luhan opens his arms and it only takes half a heartbeat for Minseok to get up from his seat and walk into his embrace. He wraps his arms around Luhan's waist, burrows his face into Luhan's neck.

What's the matter?” Luhan asks quietly while running a hand through Minseok's hair.

Minseok shrugs. “I'm just nervous, I guess,” he mumbles.

About tomorrow?”

About tomorrow. About everything.” Luhan feels Minseok's sigh as a puff of air against his skin. “What if we can't do this?”

Hey.” Luhan pushes Minseok away so he can look at his face and he frowns. “Haven't we been over this already? If anyone should be worried it's me, but you... you're amazing. You're perfect.”

I'm not perfect,” Minseok objects.

Well, you're pretty damn close, if you ask me.” Luhan can feel the tension slowly starting to seep out of Minseok's body the longer he holds him. “It'll all work out, you'll see.”

Promise?”

I promise.” Minseok's mouth twitches into a small smile and Luhan puts his hands on Minseok's cheeks as he leans in to kiss him sweetly. The smile grows wider after that. Luhan smiles too. He pulls Minseok close again rocks them both back and forth, sprinkling butterfly kisses all over Minseok's neck. “I promise,” Luhan repeats. “You will be the best dad in the entire world, Kim Minseok. I'm sure of it.”

 

~*~

 

A/N: domestic fluffier than fluffy xiuhan for falonstarrider.
my heart hurts so much from all these domestic feels. ;; and my teeth hurt from all this sweet fluff. oh dear god.
I had a lot of fun writing this. I don't know, I feel like this is kind of how xiuhan works in real life. luhan always wants his way and tsundere minseok is tsundere (but in the end he gives in). and also, minseok is insecure and luhan talks him down and helps him realize what a beautiful human being he is. my emotions, my emotions. ;~~~;
oh, and in case it wasn't clear: this is friday and they're going to adopt a child on saturday. that is why minseok is nervous.