Himchan/Jongup

Request Dump

Himchan isn't scared of saying what's on his mind. He excels at public speaking and he's almost always ready with a witty retort if need be. He's good with words. Except right now he can't seem to find any because Moon Jongup, star athlete Moon Jongup, who everyone at their school knows and loves, just pulled Himchan into an abandoned classroom to tell him...

I like you,” Jongup repeats as if Himchan hadn't heard him well enough the first time. He looks so earnest it almost hurts.

Are you ing kidding me?” The disbelieving words are pushed past barely moving lips and Himchan regrets them the very moment Jongup's smile drops.

It's back on his face within seconds, though, a little tighter around the edges this time. “It's okay,” Jongup says in a light tone. “I can't really say I expected anything other than this. I mean, you're a third year and I'm still just a first year and... and I'm just a stupid kid. It's okay. I just... I just wanted you to know that I like you because you're going to graduate in a few months and by then it would be too late for me to say it, so...” He trails off.

The roles are reversed. Usually Himchan is the one who speaks a lot and Jongup is quiet, but right now Jongup is practically ranting. This may actually be the longest sentence Himchan has ever heard him say. Himchan, however, is speechless. “What...?” He swallows. “What are you getting out of this? Is it a dare or something? Did you lose a bet?”

Jongup frowns and Himchan immediately decides that that is not an expression he ever wants to see on Jongup ever again. Smiling suits him better. “What?”

This is a joke, right?” Himchan goes on. “Confess to the dorky, fat band geek and see how he reacts.” He forces out a laugh. “Haha. F-funny. You almost had me going for a second there. I bet my expression was hilarious.” It's a shame, really. Himchan never thought Jongup would be this cruel. Apparently he was wrong.

What? No!” Jongup exclaims right away. His arm shoots out and then he's holding Himchan's hand. Himchan inhales sharply through his teeth. He's holding his hand. “I like you, hyung. I really like you.” Himchan can't believe it. He won't. He's not going to get his hopes up. There's no way someone as attractive as Jongup would like someone as unattractive as him. No way. But Jongup still has that stupidly sincere look in his eyes. Maybe he's just a really good actor. Jongup gives Himchan's hand a squeeze. “What do I have to do for you to believe me?”

I don't know, kiss me or something.” It's the first thing that comes to mind and Himchan decides to just throw it out there. He's sure Jongup won't go that far for a prank. Jongup is going to refuse and he's going to admit that he was just messing with Himchan because that punk Jung Daehyun put him up to it and then he's going to leave (and Himchan will go home and cry and everything will be the way it always is).

What Himchan doesn't expect is for Jongup to step closer. Himchan takes a step backwards until he collides with one of the desks and he can't back up anymore. Jongup just follows. His hand is trembling as he presses it to Himchan's cheek and Himchan realizes that Jongup is genuinely nervous. Probably about having to kiss someone as disgusting and fat as him, he thinks bitterly.

But then Jongup's lips are on his. It's not a very nice kiss. It's closemouthed, a little painful and a lot too hard and Jongup is shaking like a leaf. It's obvious that Jongup hasn't kissed many people. Maybe he has never kissed anyone at all. The brief thought that this may be Jongup's first kiss has Himchan's mind backpedaling so fast he's almost a little dizzy.

Jongup laughs when he pulls away, but it doesn't sound mocking or mean. Instead it's bashful. “I'm sorry,” he mumbles, lowering his gaze shyly. “That probably wasn't very good. I've... I've never...”

Himchan's rapid heartbeat seems so loud that he's sure Jongup can hear it too. “No no. It was nice.” It's only halfway a lie. Sure, the kiss wasn't all that amazing, but the feeling that still lingers in Himchan's chest certainly is. Jongup's smile is brilliant and his eyes are bright and Himchan wants to kiss him again. So he does.

This time it's softer because Himchan is taking the lead and unlike Jongup he kind of knows what he's doing. Jongup just follows what Himchan does. He's a quick learner, too. When Himchan parts his lips slightly, so does Jongup. When Himchan lets his tongue slide into Jongup's mouth, Jongup responds with shy of his own. Himchan's arms wrap around Jongup's shoulders and after some hesitation Jongup places both of his hands on Himchan's lower back. And they kiss.

It turns heated. Himchan never meant for it to do so, but it just kind of... does. It happens when Jongup moves even closer and Himchan can feel him through the stiff fabric of their school uniform trousers, can feel that Jongup is hard. Himchan shudders and shifts and his leg ends up sliding in between Jongup's and Jongup lets out a quiet whine. He starts to grind against Himchan's thigh almost as if he can't help himself.

Hyung.” His voice cracks on the word.

Himchan shudders again. But no. He can't do this. Not when Jongup sounds so mortified. “Jongup,” he manages. “Don't...” He grabs his hips to make him stop moving and Jongup immediately stills. His face is pressed into Himchan's neck, blush burning against Himchan's skin, and he's out of breath.

Sorry,” he gasps. “I'm so sorry.”

Hey, hey, what are you apologizing for?” Himchan runs his hand up and down Jongup's back in a soothing motion. “It's okay, don't worry.”

Jongup is inconsolable. “I didn't mean to... to do that. I just... God, this is really embarrassing. I just like you so much. I couldn't...”

His panicked tone makes Himchan's heart clench. Gently he pushes at Jongup's shoulders to make him back off enough for them to look each other in the eye and he says slowly: “Are you telling the truth, Moon Jongup? You really like me? You're not playing with me?”

No,” Jongup says in a tone as if he doesn't understand how Himchan could possibly think that. “Why would I not like you? You're clever and funny and you always treat me well and you make me feel smart even though I know I'm not and you're kind and you're handsome and--” He's cut off by Himchan's lips on his.

Good,” Himchan says, even though he still doesn't quite believe it. “Because I like you too.”

Jongup's eyes widen. “Then why did you...?” He gestures between them and flushes more.

It's not that I don't want to... that,” Himchan explains. His face colors as well. “I just don't want it to happen right now. Not here. I don't want my first time to be in a dirty classroom where anyone could walk in and see us.” His hand trembles as he reaches up to Jongup's cheek. It still seems so unreal that he's allowed to touch him. “This is my first too, you know.”

Oh.” Jongup actually leans into the touch and the way he smiles makes Himchan's breath hitch. “Okay. I understand.” Himchan returns the smile shakily. This is probably all just some really vivid dream and he's going to wake up any second now. If it is, though, Himchan thinks it's okay to dream a little longer.

 

~*~

 

A/N: for mkbaby who wanted high school himup.
for those of you who don't know, himchan used to be overweight. obviously he has lost a lot of weight since then.
mkbaby, I know you wanted something rated, but it didn't really fit with this idea so it's only half-rated(?). sorry. ;;
himup are really cute together, though.