Chapter 5

Red Riding Hood Society

 

Why does he seem so familiar?  Baekhyun was shock again to hear the werewolf's thoughts.  Kai could see Baekhyun's reaction.  Can you actually... hear me?
 
 
Baekhyun wondered if the werewolf would be able to hear him, but there's only one way to find out.  Yes.  Can you hear me too?
 
 
This time, it was the werewolf's turn to be shock.  They couldn't continue their conversation because the Red Riding Hood pledge was about to start.
 
 
Suho felt very proud as he handed a red hooded cape and the crest to Baekhyun.  Despite the bad things happening to him, he could forget all about it as he thinks of his son.
 
 
"Dad, I'm sorry about Kris."  Baekhyun whispered as they sat beside each other during lunch.  Everybody was in a celebratory mood, but Baekhyun couldn't stop feeling guilty.  If it weren't for him, Kris would have still been around with them.
 
 
"It's not your fault.  It's good that we found out earlier."  The smile on Suho's face was strained, but it changed into a real one later as he said, "Don't be worried over something like that right now.  You should be happy and celebrating now that you've become an official member of the society.  I'm proud of you, son."  Suho's squeezed Baekhyun's shoulder firmly.
 
 
Baekhyun smiled back and could only hope that he wasn't a werewolf deep inside because what other reason could it be that he could hear other werewolves speaking in wolf form if he wasn't one?   He will try to figure that out later.  Right now, he will celebrate with his father and the rest of the members.
 
 
Baekhyun left Suho's side as he joined Sehun and Luhan for round 3 of their lunch.  He normally doesn't have a huge appetite, but with occasions like this, he would never fail to surprise himself and other people around him to see how huge his appetite could be capable of.
 
 
At the same time, Kyungsoo slipped into a seat beside Suho where Baekhyun just occupied a while ago.  "Feeling better?"  He knew what exactly happened between Suho and Kris.  He was there coincidentally.  He even witnessed Suho's tears and comforted him with a hug.
 
 
"I prefer not to talk about it."
 
 
"Okay, but if ever you change your mind, I'll be around."  Kyungsoo stood up.
 
 
"Don't forget to give food to Kai."
 
 
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.  "He can starve for all I care."
 
 
"Kyungsoo..."  Suho used a warning tone.
 
 
"Why did you assign me to take care of that werewolf anyway?! You know I hate werewolves."  Kyungsoo would very much rather take care of their broken hearted leader though of course, he wouldn't say that out loud to Suho.
 
 
"He seems to have taken a liking towards you."  Suho tilted his head.
 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes moved to the direction where Suho's head was tilted at and he saw Kai watching from the window.  As soon as Kai saw that Kyungsoo looking back at him, he quickly moved away from the window.
 
 
"I would call it puppy love but that just sounds wrong for some reason."  Suho chuckled at his own joke, but he's actually only trying not to think too much about Kris which is why he is focusing on other people and was glad that the Red Riding Hood Society pledge and feast have been a huge distraction for him.
 
 
"Wolf love certainly doesn't sound nice."  Kyungsoo retorted as he went to the long table where all of the food was placed.  He took a plate and started filling it with food which he would later bring to Kai.
 
 
The leader was amused at how much Kyungsoo whines and complains but never fails to do anything he asked.  He knew that, in a way, he was taking advantage of Kyungsoo's feelings for him, but since Kyungsoo never confessed to him, he couldn't give his rejection yet.
 
 
However, Kris was no longer around, so Suho wasn't sure now about giving a rejection.  If Kyungsoo ever happens to confess to him, he might actually give him a chance.
 
 
"Are you taking that to the werewolf?"  Baekhyun asked as he saw Kyungsoo picking some food across him.
 
 
"Unfortunately."  Kyungsoo made sure to put a lot of food on the plate because from what he had seen during breakfast, the werewolf sure had a huge appetite.  Better he eats lots of food than humans, right?
 
 
"You hate werewolves, right? I don't mind being the one to deliver lunch for the werewolf instead." Baekhyun offered.  "It's not like he can harm me with the chains made out of wolfsbane materials."
 
 
Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun suspiciously for a while, but the offer sounds good.  After all, he was assigned to the werewolf which means he would be able to see the werewolf often, so it would be good if someone could take his place at least once in a while.  "Okay."  Kyungsoo agreed.  He handed the key and the plate of food to Baekhyun.  "You better not cause trouble.  I don't want your father's anger directed to me."
 
 
"Those two are the troublemakers, not me."  Baekhyun pointed to Luhan and Sehun's direction.  "I'll be back quick!" He went on his way to the werewolf's room.
 
 
When Baekhyun entered in the werewolf's room, he could see Kai's disappointed look.  "I'm assuming Kyungsoo doesn't want to see me."
 
 
Baekhyun blinked at the way the werewolf was sulking and pouting before him.  The werewolf reminded him more of a puppy.  "Kyungsoo doesn't have much of a choice since he's assigned to you so it's more likely you'll be seeing him more."  He tried to cheer the werewolf up and placed the food on the werewolf's lap.  "What's your name?"  He asked while watching Kai wolf down the food.
 
 
"Kai."  He answered with his mouth full.
 
 
"I'm Baekhyun."
 
 
The werewolf choked.  Baekhyun was quick enough to hand him a glass of water to which Kai was thankful and drank some.  He coughed a bit before beginning to speak again.  "What's your name again?"  He wanted to make sure.
 
 
"Baekhyun."
 
 
"Oh my cursed full moon!!!"  Kai exclaimed in surprise and disbelief.  "No wonder you looked so familiar!  No wonder you could talk to me telepathetically!"
 
 
Baekhyun was surprised when he felt Kai's hands on his cheeks.  He knew that Kai's chains were long enough for him to move but he didn't think it would be long enough for Kai to stand and approach him like this.
 
 
"You have a very important role in this war."
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
To be continued~
 
A/N: It might take me a while to update this again because I'm currently writing a BAP HimUp oneshot and there's also a oneshot contest that I want to join @_@  Expect my next update for this fic to be sometime next week instead~ Please comment? ^_^