Chapter 2

Red Riding Hood Society

 

Suho saw his son standing at the side, slightly leaning on a wall, surrounded by dead bodies of the werewolves and members from the Red Riding Hood Society.  There were other members who were injured too, but what was currently most precious to Suho was his adopted son.
 
 
"Baekhyun!!!"  The leader ran to the kid and hugged him tightly.  "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?"  He asked with fatherly concern.  He was expecting for Baekhyun's hand signs which he learned to understand over the year they've been together.
 
 
But Baekhyun opened his mouth and spoke softly.  "I'm fine."
 
 
Suho widened his eyes when he heard his son's voice.  He wondered if this is how fathers feel like when they heard their babies speak their first word.  Though Baekhyun was far from being a baby, but it was the first time he heard Baekhyun speak.  "You spoke!" He exclaimed happily and hugged his son again.
 
 
Though there was just a recent disaster, the leader couldn't help but feel happy about his son's safety and to hear his son finally talking.  Later when he was reassured that Baekhyun was safe and sound, sleeping peacefully on a bed, he focused on the other members of the society.
 
 
Kyungsoo was busy taking care of the injured.  He was part of the health support team of the society and gave the leader a report of how many were injuried from minor cases to major cases.  "It's just a partial report.  We haven't finished counting or rather we don't exactly have enough time to count everyone since we're busy treating them.  Some of the moderate cases could turn into a severe one because of the complications later on.  Some of the severe cases could die any moment now.  We don't have enough wolfsbane supply."
 
 
"Do you know how to make a wolfsbane?"
 
 
Kyungsoo and Suho turned their heads to the source of the voice.  It came from a bloody man who looked unfamiliar to them.  It was no doubt that he was a werewolf in human form.
 
 
"I'm going to die anyway.  Might as well use my blood.  I just hope you have enough supply of the other ingredients."  The enemy coughed a few times, spitting out blood to the ground.
 
 
Kyungsoo and Suho looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement.  Kyungsoo walked away to fetch some containers for the wolf's blood while Suho knelt down beside the bloody werewolf and asked.  "Why did you offer to help us? We're your enemies."
 
 
"Not all werewolves are your enemies. I belong in a different wolf pack from the ones who attacked you today.  I was just with them as a spy."  The wolf's breathing was deep and slow.  It was obvious that breathing was painful for him.
 
 
Kyungsoo returned and knelt down on the other side of the werewolf.  He started to fill the first container with the werewolf's blood.  "He's in pain.  Should we just kill him and end his suffering?"  Being part of the health support team made him exposed to a lot of deaths.  He used to cry a lot, but he learned that crying wouldn't bring the dead back to life.  Some people were just meant to die.
 
 
"Do you think he has a good chance of surviving if you treat him?"
 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he looked at his leader in disbelief.  "You actually want me to save a werewolf's life?!"
 
 
"This werewolf is going to save a lot of our members' lives.  We might as well spare him."  Suho took the first container that was full of wolf's blood.  "I think this will be enough to make an emergency wolfsbane.  Do you best to save him.  I'll know if you'll just let him purposely die.  You're not a very good liar, so don't even think about it."  He walked away with the container.  He was going to deliver it to another member who knows how to make wolfsbane since Kyungsoo will be busy with his new patient.
 
 
"Just end my life."  The werewolf said when Suho was out of earshot.
 
 
"Shut up.  I ain't listening to the likes of you."  Kyungsoo thought that if he was going to treat the enemy, then he might as well do it in the most painful way possible.
 
 
Kyungsoo was surprised to know that he actually had a sadist part of him and he was pretty sure that this werewolf, who wouldn't stop smiling at him despite all the medicines that was supposed to hurt when applied to wounds, was a masochist.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*  To be continued~
 
 
A/N:  Ohohoho~ would could mysterious wolf #2 be? Can you sense the chemistry between him and Kyungsoo? What do you think of Suho's role? Comment please~!