Chapter 14

Red Riding Hood Society
"You're a werewolf?" Sehun asked in disbelief.
 
 
"I don't know!" Luhan looked scared and confused as he took a look at himself on the mirror again.  "I'm able to touch silver just fine and I can make wolfsbane without hurting myself with it too.  Perhaps there are other creatures besides werewolves that could have yellow gold eyes?"
 
 
"Kris was able to do those things too.  How else would he have succeeded on being a spy in our society for so many years?"  Sehun took a step back from Luhan.
 
 
The expression on Sehun's face, the tone on Sehun's voice, and the way Sehun stepped back from him, everything showed that Sehun was doubting Luhan and perhaps maybe even scared of him.  "So you think I'm a spy too?" Luhan asked, feeling hurt at the accusation.  "Are you going to tell the others about my situation?"
 
 
"Not the others, just our leader.  He'll know what to do with you." 
 
 
Luhan had never heard Sehun speak to him so coldly before.  Even if they had a fight when they were kids or a lovers' quarrel, Sehun may be angry, but never sounded so cold and distant to him.  "Okay, I guess I have to believe in our leader to trust my innocence
since you don't."
 
 
"I'm sorry, but you know how most of us feel about werewolves.  You should know especially how I feel towards them, so I'm sorry that I really can't trust you right now."  Sehun apologized and left Luhan's room.
 
 
Luhan allowed his tears to spill when his bedroom door closed.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Who is this and why are you crying?
 
 
"K-Kai?"  The tears stopped falling as Luhan heard Kai's voice.  He looked around but didn't see Kai anywhere.
 
 
Don't tell anybody that werewolves have telepathy.  That's just one of the things most humans don't know about us, not even the Red Riding Hood Society.
 
 
"O-okay..."
 
 
Calm down and collect your thoughts.  If a werewolf spy is around, he might be able to hear your thoughts like I did.  Don't try to reply to me through telepathy because you won't know how to do it privately and we can't risk a werewolf spy knowing about you.  I'll be in your room in a while.
 
 
Luhan wanted to tell Kai that Suho and Sehun are on his way to his room too, but he decided to shut up because like what Kai said, the werewolf spy might be around.  He started to feel better and calmer knowing that Kai would at least be his emotional support since Sehun can't seem to be one anymore.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Kai was about to knock on Luhan's room when Suho and Sehun arrived.
 
 
"What are you doing here and where's Kyungsoo?"  Sehun asked suspiciously.
 
 
"I heard someone crying, so I wanted to check it out and as for Kyungsoo..."  Kai looked behind him.  Luckily, Kyungsoo made a turn and showed up at the hallway where Kai was.  "He's right behind me!"  He waved at the other to come over while praying for
Kyungsoo not to be angry at him for being gone for a few minutes.
 
 
If it wasn't for Suho and Sehun's presence, Kyungsoo would be angry at Kai for disappearing from his sight even if only for a few seconds.  He was supposed to be Kai's bodyguard after all, and he wouldn't want to let the members and most of all, the leader think that he wasn't doing a good job.  "I might be a few steps away from him, but I'm still following him."  Kyungsoo made it sound casual and even shrugged.
 
 
Suho nodded and accepted Kyungsoo's reason even though he knew it wasn't the truth.  He also had an idea as to why Kai was here.
 Hearing the situation about Luhan from Sehun, Suho assumed that Kai made a mental connection with Luhan somehow.  "Kyungsoo, you're excused from your duties as Kai's bodyguard for a while.  I will bring Kai back to you after I have a talk with him."
 
 
"I wonder what could be so important to talk about that you can't trust me to be a part of it."  Kyungsoo said dryly as he really didn't like being left out and not being trusted, especially by the person who he was supposed to be in love with, though he has been questioning about his love for Suho for a while now.  The fact that Suho can't seem to completely trust him really made his feelings waver for the other.  He didn't wait for Suho to reply as he turned and walked away.
 
 
Kai wanted to go after Kyungsoo to comfort him, but right now, there's another person needing to be comforted.  Right now, it's Luhan who needs to be comforted the most.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
When Sehun saw Luhan's teary eyes and slightly puffy face from crying, he wanted to wrap his arms around his lover to apologize, comfort him, and promise never to hurt him again, but as much as he wanted to, he could only watch in jealousy as Kai was the one who approached Luhan and wrapped his arms around him.
 
 
Kai inspected Luhan's eyes. "I guess you won't be happy to hear this but Luhan's eyes are exactly that of pure werewolves. Blue eyes like mine and Chanyeol's are very rare.  On my part, it's because I'm a hybrid between a dog and a wolf.  On Chanyeol's part, he's an artificial werewolf."
 
 
"Artificial werewolf? I've never heard of such a thing!" Sehun wanted to accuse Kai for making up stories, but Suho interrupted him.
 
 
Kai looked stricken as he realized that he mentioned about an artificial werewolf.  "I think it's okay for them to know, Kai.  Considering that they are going to keeping a secret about Luhan's condition, I'm sure they could keep a few more secrets."  Suho reassured the werewolf that it's okay to give information to the two young Red Riding Hood Society members.
 
 
Kai started explaining about Chanyeol who is known among the werewolf community for being the only artificial werewolf.  Then Baekhyun's name slipped in his explanation making Sehun and Luhan curious as to how Baekhyun ended up being with Chanyeol.  Kai looked at the leader, who simply nodded, so he continued to explain about Baekhyun's blood.
 
 
"Luhan seems to to be similar with Baekhyun except with Luhan's eyes changing in color being the difference."  Kai frowned as he was confused between Baekhyun and Luhan.  "I felt so sure about Baekhyun being the real one because I've seen a black and white painting of Baekhyun's face when he was a kid that was made by Chen, the scientist who created Chanyeol and Baekhyun, but now that there's Luhan's condition... ugh!!!" He messed up his own hair in frustration.
 
 
"You should have tasted Baekhyun's blood to know for sure."  Sehun rolled his eyes, obviously implying that Kai was being stupid for not doing that.
 
 
"I was a new prisoner here. I was supposed to behave.  It wouldn't do good if I bit Baekhyun even if it's for that reason."  Kai argued back.
 
 
"Baekhyun could have slashed himself, poured his blood in a glass, and offered it to you."
 
 
"Oh.  That's actually a pretty good idea."  Kai had to agree to it.
 
 
"Stop it, you two!!! Baekhyun's not here anymore.  We should go to him.  I don't think it'll be good for me to stay here with my blue eyes as well."  Luhan turned his attention to their leader who has been quiet all this time.  "Permission to leave the hideout, sir?"
 
 
"Not today, Luhan.  There are things I need to think about such as giving you a fake mission as it would be weird if you left for another vacation, but I will make sure you will be able to leave tomorrow.  As for Sehun, go out and buy groceries."  Suho handed some money to Sehun. "You'll need to discretely buy contact lenses for Luhan.  Kai, you'll come with me.  I'll take you back to Kyungsoo."  Suho left the the room first with Kai following him.
 
 
An awkward silence fell between Luhan and Sehun as they were the only ones left in the room.  Finally, Sehun made a move and chose to sit on the bed beside Luhan.  "Our relationship had always been so smooth."  He began to speak.  "We never really had any real fights or arguments ever since we met or even after being in a relationship with each other. We both don't have any religion, but there were times when I pray to whoever Higher Being out there that when the time comes where we would face problems in our relationship that we would be able to overcome it."
 
 
"But the real question is... would you be able to love me no matter what my identity might be?"  Luhan waited and felt disappointed with Sehun's silence.  "I think you should go and buy the contact lenses now.  We both need time to think."
 
 
"It's not like I could suddenly stop loving you and throw my feelings away.  It's just that..."  Sehun paused as he wanted to choose his words carefully.  "...I'm scared of loving you now."  Sehun stood up and walked towards the door.  "We'll talk more when I come back with your contact lenses."
 
 
Luhan went to lie down on his bed, hoping to be able to sleep away his hurt and depression.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"Kai and I will go out tomorrow with Sehun and Luhan."  Suho informed Kyungsoo as he returned Kai to his personal bodyguard.
 
 
"Why can't I come? I'm Kai's personal bodyguard, aren't I?"  Kyungsoo was frustrated that he was not being included with whatever secret is going on.
 
 
"Considering how much you hated me at the start, we're not sure if you'll be able to keep yourself in check as we will be meeting up with some werewolves."  Kai shared a bit of information which he asked permission to share from Suho earlier. 
 
 
"We're going to announce that we're going on a mission tomorrow.  I trust you not to tell anybody that we will be meeting up with some werewolves."  Suho placed a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder and squeezed it gently.  "When we come back, I'll let you know a few more secrets, okay?"
 
 
Like a kid being bribed with candy, Kyungsoo looked more obedient and nodded in acceptance.  "I trust that the decisions you'll make will be good for the Red Riding Hood Society and the protection of innocent human lives."
 
 
Suho smiled at the way Kyungsoo could never really refuse his requests even though it would be hard and frustrating for Kyungsoo's part. "I'll leave you with Kai now."
 
 
When Suho left, Kyungsoo's left hand reached up to touch his right shoulder where he could still feel the warmth from Suho's hand.
 
 
"You look lovestruck."
 
 
"Shut up."  Kyungsoo snapped back and glared at the werewolf.
 
 
"I kept on trying to convince him on letting you in on the mission, but the least I could do was convince him to share some information about our mission to you."  Kai looked like a puppy, wanting to have some attention from his owner.
 
 
"Do you think I would come to like you more after telling me that?"
 
 
"Yeah even though I knew that you would more likely be annoyed at me than actually liking me." 
 
 
Kyungsoo became even more annoyed by how Kai was right about him.  He also didn't like the fact that the werewolf was really getting know him especially how he thinks and feels.
 
 
"I really like you."  Kyungsoo's annoyance was swept away with Kai's confession.  "I'm going to miss you over the next few days when we're going to be apart."
 
 
"You say that, but who knows? You might not be coming back like Baekhyun and Kris."  Kyungsoo didn't like the thought of Kai being away from him.  He no longer hated Kai even though he still practically hated werwolves, but there is also a part of him that is afraid that Kai would suddenly betray him and get Suho and the others into a dangerous situation.
 
 
"I'll be coming back or else the members would talk about what kind of leader Suho was to allow a werewolf like me to escape or something like that.  Besides, I swore my loyalty to you and you practically own my life now, so of course, I'll be coming back to you."
 
 
Kyungsoo knew what Kai was about to do.  Though his feelings for Kai doesn't compare to how much he feels for Suho, he couldn't help himself from wanting it because nobody ever wanted him and liked him as much as Kai does, so he allowed it to happen.
 
 
He allowed Kai to kiss him.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*
End of Chapter 14
 
A/N: I finally updated after 3 months!!! Omigosh!! I'm so sorry and thankful to my subscribers and reader who have been nothing but patient with me.  I love you guys T___T  There's just so much going on with my real life right now, so it has taken quite a while (or rather a long time) for me to be inspired to continue this again.  I hope you like this chapter. 
 
Because KaiSoo wasn't in the previous chapter, I made sure they would surely be in this chap.  For HunHan lovers who wanted more interaction, I made sure to write more of them too. ^_^
 
Please comment and inspire me!! ^^