It's All My Fault.

Love Comes With Power

The next few days went by very slow.

I had separate training sessions with each of the boys but mostly with Suho and Kris. Suho took care of me when I was too tired but Kris kept going on saying it builds skills. On the bright side, I learned to control the four elements!

I never thought I would say this but I’m so happy I have powers! It makes me feel like a different person. On top of that, I mastered the aura-sensing skill on my own which makes it easier to read the guys.

I finally made it to my room after a hard day of training and lay on my bed. I have such a soft bed. I nuzzled my face into the soft pillow and smiled.

I haven’t seen Kai around much after our conversation. Probably because I had training but I only saw him during meals. What he said also made it awkward between Chanyeol and I. Every time I see him, I would think about what Kai said.

No use thinking about that now… I probably have more training tomorrow. Ugh… when is this going to be over?! I should take a shower…. I stink of sweat.

 

***

 

After a shower, I walked downstairs to help Kyungsoo with dinner.

“Kyungsoo Oppa, do you need help?” I asked walking into the kitchen.

“Oh ______! I do but aren’t you tired after all that training?” he asked with a worried look.

“Ani! I’m perfectly fine” I said giggling.

“Araso, then go wash up the dishes and I’ll finish up the stew” he said ruffling my hair.

I nodded and went to go wash the dishes. After we finished up the food and cleaned up the kitchen, we set up the dinner table.

“______, go call them down for dinner” Kyungsoo said smiling at me and I happily obeyed.

“Oppas! Come down for dinner!!!” I shouted with the loudest voice I could muster.

I heard quick footsteps and in a few seconds bright smiling faces were running downstairs. I giggled at their cuteness as they smiled at me and ran to the dining table. I saw Chanyeol following as the last in line and smiled at him. Wah… he’s getting cuter every day.

“Omo, if my princess calls of course I’ll come running” Chanyeol said ruffling my hair.

I giggled and playfully punched his shoulder which he took for a reason to hold my hand. I didn’t want to be rude so I pretended it was casual between friends. We both went into the dining room and Chanyeol went to go sit.

“Where’s Kai?” Suho asked looking around.

“I think he’s still in his room” Luhan said stuffing food into his mouth.

“Just leave him; he’ll come if he’s hungry. _____ sit down and eat” Kris said without looking up.

“Maybe he didn’t hear. I’ll be right back” I said turning to run up the stairs.

I gasped for air from climbing up the stairs and knocked on Kai’s door.

“Kai?” I asked but no one replied.

“Kai, dinner is ready” I said knocking again but still nothing.

“I’m coming in” I said hesitatingly.

I know he hates people coming in to his room but I was worried. Plus I haven’t seen him in a while so I want to talk to him. I opened the door and walked into the cold room. Why is it so cold and dark? I tried turning on the switch but the light didn’t work.

The window caught my eye and I realized the only thing lighting the room is the moonlight. I ran to the window and looked at the beautiful sky. The soft wind blowing against my skin made me want to stay here forever.

Even though it’s dark, there’s something peaceful about his room; but where is he? All of sudden I felt a cold wind from behind and knew Kai was here.

“What are you doing in here?” he asked sounding annoyed.

I turned around embarrassed. I came to look for him but got distracted…

“I came to tell you dinner’s ready” I said looking at his dark figure.

I saw his shadow walk near the bed and turn on the nightlight. I finally saw his face in the dim light and smiled at him. He stared at me with a bored face and sighed.

“Don’t come in here again. I’ll come downstairs so go” he said pointing at the door.

“Okay… but you should get your light fixed” I said quietly.

“I don’t want it fixed. Now go!” he said coming up to me making me back away.

“Okay Okay. We didn’t even get to talk but you’re being so mean” I grumbled walking out of the room.

 

***

 

After dinner was finished, the guys all went their separate ways and I ended up watching TV with Chanyeol. Why do I feel like the other guys left on purpose…?

I looked at Chanyeol who was radiating a gold aura and he grinned at me. I smiled at him unable to keep a poker face.

“Chanyeol Oppa…” I said quietly as he watched TV in interest.

“Yeah?” he asked without taking his eyes off the TV.

“What was my father like?” I asked looking at his perfect side profile.

He looked at me surprised and looked away again.

“He was a good king. He took care of our planet with a lot of care. He also had a bad temper like you. He loved his family…” Chanyeol said quietly and looked at me.

“Were you close with him?” I asked noticing his aura turn sad.

“Kind of. I was his favorite so he took care of me a lot until I was ten but the fact that he couldn’t find you was making him depressed. I had to watch him get weaker and weaker every day until his last breath escaped” he said quietly.

He died because of me… I hid my sad thoughts and gave Chanyeol a comforting hug.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I brought it up” I said patting his back.

“Wah I wish you’d do this every day” he said chuckling.

“Yah!” I yelled playfully slapping his arm.

He laughed at my reaction and I couldn’t help but join in. He has a really contagious laugh. He pulled me into another hug and I didn’t bother pushing him away. Somehow his hugs are getting much more comfortable than before…

***

I my bed feeling restless. I can’t fall asleep no matter how much I try. My thoughts went back to the conversation I had with Chanyeol. My father seems like such a great person. He searched me for ten years before he died.

So isn’t it my fault he died…?

It’s because of me that this whole planet lost their king. Even though I was stolen by who knows who, I feel like I killed my own father. I didn’t even get to see him. I got stolen into a world I didn’t belong to and hated.

I felt tears come to my eyes which made the pain worse. In a long time, I actually cried. I stuffed my face in my pillow and let the hot tears flow. About all the pain, about how it’s my fault my father died, about how much I suffered in that horrible planet, and how I never got to meet my family.

I heard a sudden knock on my door and shot off the bed. Who could it be at this time? I quickly ran into the washroom to wash my face and ran to the door.

I opened the door slightly with warning until I saw his perfect face staring at me.

“Oh” I said as I opened the door and hid behind the door to hide my red eyes.

“S-Sorry, were you sleeping?” Kai asked getting embarrassed.

“Not really. Do you need something? This is the first time you came in through the door without using your powers” I asked hoping he didn’t notice my face.

“Can I come in?” he asked ignoring my comment. 

“Yeah” I said and he walked into the dark room lit up by the moonlight.

I saw him reach for the lights and grabbed his hands.

“D-Don’t. I don’t want the lights on right now.” I said trying not to sound suspicious.

“Why not?” he asked.

“Because…” I said looking for an excuse.

“Because you were crying?” he asked coming closer to my face and I froze without moving.

How did he know? Was                 I loud? Crap… I cleared my throat awkwardly and walked away from him. Instead of turning on the lights, he came to sit beside me on the bed.

“What were you crying about?” he asked sounding curious.

“Why do you care?” I asked still upset about our meeting in his room.

“I…I just… I was just curious” he said looking away.

“If you’re just curious, I don’t have a reason to tell you. You can go back to sleep now” I said annoyed at his reply.

He sighed and suddenly grabbed me by waist. He stood up pulling me closer to him but before I could react, I had the weird sensation again. My whole body felt hot and cold at the same time for a second and I couldn’t see anything.

“Open your eyes, idiot” I heard Kai’s voice say and I opened my eyes shocked.

 “W-What did you-“ I shouted before realizing where we were.

“We’re on the roof” I said staring at the starry sky that seemed so close.

“Yep. Sit down” he said patting the spot next to him.

I hesitated before sitting down beside him. He laid down looking at the sky and I watched the stars shine on his features. He looks so beautiful… How can a guy be this good looking? I stopped staring and pouted.

“I… I heard you cry when I was sitting down here since your window was open. It wasn’t because I was curious… I was just… w-worried. So can you tell me why you were crying now?” he asked blushing.

I hid my laugh at his cuteness and lay down with him. Why do I feel so happy when I’m with him? I even forgot I was crying five minutes ago…

“I don’t normally cry… I actually haven’t cried since I was seven… but today I just thought about a lot of things and it got to me” I said quietly.

I felt Kai’s gaze on me as I stared at the huge silver moon above my head.

“What did you think about?” he asked not looking away.

I turned to look at him and he stared into my eyes without flinching.

“My father… Don’t you guys ever think it’s my fault he passed away? Because of me, he was so depressed. Or else you guys could have had a great king. I know I was stolen and didn’t know any better but I feel like all of this is my fault” I said finally letting out all of my feelings that I was keeping bottled up.

I felt Kai’s eyes on me but I didn’t look up. I knew there were tears that were about to escape and I didn’t want him to see the weak side of me.

“Are you stupid? Wah this is why I called you an idiot the minute I met you. The only person who is at fault here is the person who stole you” Kai said and I felt him get up.

All of a sudden I felt his hands turn me towards him but I still didn’t look up. He lifted my chin so my eyes met his. I felt the tears in my eyes about to escape but blinked them away.

“We never thought it was your fault. What happened is done. Right now, you taking your role of the princess is what your dad wanted. He’s probably really happy watching you do this” he said in a gentle voice looking into my eyes.

This is the first time he’s saying something so nice. I felt so much warmth run through me, through his hands, through his eyes, through his words…

My heart thumped so loudly in my chest I was worried he could hear it.

“Kai…” I said not knowing what to say.

As if he did something wrong, he took his hands of me shocked. He lay back down and stared at the sky.

“Why do you do that? You open up to me but all of a sudden turn cold, like it’s the right thing to do” I asked looking at his face.

“Because it is. I can’t get close to you” he said in a monotone voice without looking at me.

“W-Why not?” I asked shocked he answered.

“Because…” as if he didn’t know what to say, he looked into my eyes with such pain in his eyes.

I don’t know what got over me at that time. Maybe it was how cute he looked or my hormones acting up but I leaned in to give him a soft kiss on the cheek before he can react. Shocked at what I did, I gasped and moved away again.

Kai sat up looking at me surprised but embarrassed. At that time both of our faces were red and the atmosphere was weird but I was happy. For some reason, I never felt so content in my life before.

“What are you guys doing up here?” a deep voice interrupted my thoughts and I yelped surprised.

Why am I yelling like I did something wrong? I didn’t do anything wrong. I looked closer to see who said that and my heart skipped a beat.

Chanyeol…

Kai got up shocked and I don’t know why I was scared but I was scared as hell at the moment. Did Chanyeol see? I looked at his aura and it was pitch black.

He saw…