A Silver Moon in the Night Sky.

Love Comes With Power

 

The rest of the day went by pretty fast in Exo planet. Kai wasn’t being hostile towards me anymore and that made everything a hundred times better! After lunch, we all went to watch TV and I was sitting beside Chanyeol on the couch. Suddenly I felt the couch go down beside me and looked to see what’s causing it to only find Kai there.

“When did you get here?” I asked cocking an eyebrow but secretly praising myself for not flinching and freaking from the surprise.

“Just now, why? Did you get scared?” he asked snickering.

“No…I’m used to you by now, my little cute Jongin-ah~” I said teasing him.

“YAH! Don’t call me that!” he burst back and I broke into laughter.

The sudden silence in the room made me look up from my enjoyment of teasing him. The guys were looking at me and Kai with wide eyes and jaws dropped. I looked at Chanyeol beside me who was looking at me questioningly. The aura around him changed from gold to green in seconds. He noticed me looking around him so I quickly looked away.

“You guys are friends now?” Baekhyun asked.

I nodded happily while Kai just stared at the TV. I elbowed his stomach receiving a death glare in response.

"Yeah I decided to give the anger issued girl a chance” he said smirking.

“YAH! I don’t” I started shouting but was stopped by a sudden force pulling me back.

I looked at Chanyeol surprised while he gave me the cute playful smile. He put his arms around me and pulled me closer to him then went back to watching T.C. I looked at the guys questioningly but they were all looking at the TV as if they were avoiding my gaze. I looked a Kai with hope but that bastard was already gone.

The guys are acting weird. It’s as if they’re hiding something from me. Suddenly I remembered the book and grimaced. I forgot all about it once Kai came in the library. I sighed and decided to relax instead of being so tense. There’s nothing I can do about it for now and it’s not like they’ll do anything bad to me. I leaned closer to Chanyeol and he pulled me in. This feels so comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time…

“Oh ______! Did you get any sign of your powers yet?” Suho asked with a fatherly gaze.

“Um…” I hesistated remembering my little aura seeing adventure…”yeah, I can see auras easily now” I said quietly.

“YOU CAN?!” all the boys chorused together. I nodded in response.

“What’s my aura right now?” Chanyeol asked looking excited.

I took the opportunity to look at him really closely and intensely to see what he’s been hiding from me. It’s like he has a shield over the things he doesn’t want me to see…It’s making me so frustrated! I decided to tell him what I saw on the outside instead of trying to see through his thoughts.

“Gold…you’re happy, at least at the moment, you’re really happy and there’s also pink which means there’s a feeling of love in your heart right now” I said with a smile.

He suddenly blushed making me surprised but I pretended not to see it. I grinned one of my cocky smiles and went back to staring at the TV.

“That’s pretty strong…try to look into it more, you might have your other powers already too” Kris said looking like he was figuring out a puzzle.

I nodded at them with a smile and stared blankly at the TV again. Even though this is a different planet, the technology here is really similar. Sehun told me that most o the town is just like earth and there are normal people here too. I looked around to see is Kai was back but he still wasn’t…Looking out the window I saw purple and dark blue skies.

“It’s evening already?” I asked trying not to be too surprised.

“Yeah, time here goes pretty fast in EXO planet unless you want to slow it using Tao” Chen said laughing and I giggled.

“I see…I think I want to go upstairs. I feel a bit tired…” I said getting off the couch to go upstairs.

“Okay, get lots of rest princess” Chanyeol said with a smile that made my heart skip a beat.

“Yeah…good night oppas!” I said leaving the room with a blush.

Now to find Kai…

 

 

I searched everywhere for that guy but couldn’t find him anywhere. Where could he have gone..? I kind of felt guilty for what happened before but why should I…it’s not like he cared that Chanyeol broke into our conversation. Our conversations are like that…talk like we’re fighting but I like it, it’s different then the conversations I have with the other guys.

Suddenly feeling light headed from searching and walking around the house for Kai, I went to my room to go lie down on the bed. My eyes unconsciously looked out the window to the beautiful skies…I could see a huge moon with purple, and blue skies reflecting outside.

This is my favorite part about this place. In the evenings, it looks like paradise. The sea we saw before must look beautiful right now…I want to go see it.

I put on a light jacket and searched for a way out without the boys knowing. I want to go see it by myself for some stubborn reason… I walked over to my balcony and saw a tiny ladder hung on the wall in the corner.

What a coincidence…do they know I’m going to sneak out? Or is the ladder broken? It can’t be this easy to sneak out of the house. I went up to the ladder and shook it but it didn’t move an inch. It’s pretty stable.

 

...

 

After climbing down the ladder, I ran to the sea behind the house. I can’t wait to see it!! I giggled to myself running at full speed but unfortunately tripped on something along the way before I could look up at the view.

I fell to the ground with a thud and hissed.

“Ouch…” I heard someone voice out my thought.

“Kai?!” I yelled surprised.

He looked at me surprised but quickly looked back at the house and around us confused.

“If you’re wondering, I came here alone” I said knowing what he was thinking.

“Weird…Chanyeol let his little princess go out alone in the dark, huh?” he said with a dry laugh.

I suddenly felt like someone punched me in the gut. It shouldn’t even be that surprised hearing something like that come out his mouth but my heart throbbed from the comment. I didn’t know if it was from the anger or something else. Anger ran through me as I stared into his life-less eyes.

“First of all, I’m not one’s princess! Second of all, I snuck out! So mind your own damn business!!” I said with hate visible in my voice.

Before I got up to leave, the look on his face was pure surprise and regret. That didn’t stop me from leaving though, without looked back I walked away at full speed.

What is he doing here anyways…? He was just lying there staring at the sky…I remembered the whole point I was here in the first place and looked up. Yeah…it’s beautiful…The big silver moon hung right above the sea and the sky was reflecting different shades of blues and purples. Everything is so beautiful but I’m in such a bad mood now I can’t enjoy it…

I sat down on the soft sand and gazed at the view. I shouldn’t have snapped at him…He should know I hate those words though! Belonging to someone and being weak. Two things I hate the most. I lived my life alone for the last 17 years so it’s not like I need to depend on anyone now.

A soft calm breeze blew and I felt his presence beside me. I didn’t bother looking at him though. I stared at the sea avoiding his gaze.

“Sorry…” Kai said with gentleness in his voice which made me look up at his surprised.

He didn’t look at me, instead he was looking at the sea and moon. He looked so beautiful at that moment that it was hard to look away. The beautiful soft colors reflected in his eyes and the moon light outlined every art of his face which made him look even cuter than normal.

I heard the waves crash softly against the sand and quickly looked away before he caught me looking.

“It’s alright: I said absent-mindedly getting caught up in the beauty of the sky,

“Why did you come here anyways?” he asked quietly.

“I felt like this place would look beautiful right now…I was right! Plus I love he sea especially at night. In EXO planet, It looks even more beautiful” I said smiling.

I glanced at Kai who didn’t give a reply and was caught by surprise to see him looking at me with a gaze I couldn’t comprehend.

“What…?” I asked feeling self-conscious.

“Nothing…that’s the same reason I came here too. I like the night time, the sea, the silver moon…it’s calm here” he said with a small smile that sent my heart racing but it quickly vanished.

I saw a faint pink aura around him but it quickly disappeared as if he realized I was doing.

“Most girls would be scared to come out at night, you really are something” he said with a smirk and the look he had before was gone.

Everyone here likes to hide their true feelings…at least I now Kai and Chanyeol does. It makes me so mad! Especially Kai! I liked it when he had that look in his eyes like he let down his walls yet why does he quickly put on his guard again.

“Well I’m not most girls. Anyways…Kai, can you tell me what you guys are hiding from me?” I asked looking into his eyes.

He looked at me with a blank look and sighed.

“You’ll have to ask that from the guy himself” he said as his aura darkened.

“Which is?” I asked feeling a little upset at the direction of the conversation and the aura.

“Chanyeol” he said with a hint of anger in his voice that made my skin crawl.

I know they’re not enemies… but why did he say his name like that?