The Angel

All I Care About

Beeeeep. Beeeep. Beeeeep.

 

Sehun smacked the annoying alarm clock and flopped on his stomach. His ears were still ringing and his whole body ached. He assumed that it was most likely due to the fact that after dinner last night, the hyungs decided that they should let loose at a nearby arcade. They said that they'll just play for a few minutes and leave, but that didn't happen. They were there for 3 hours. Three whole hours.

 

When they got home, Sehun plopped down on the bed and fell asleep immediately, with his shoes still on.

 

With his face currently buried in his pillow, Sehun tried to get at least another 10 minutes of shut eye. Mhmmmm. He breathed in the warmth of his bed, waiting for his eyes to close and 

 

Wait....

 

He felt something missing from his side.

 

There was nothing there.

 

There were no familiar slender arms around his waist. The warmth he had grown accustomed to was not there and the realization was enough to wake him up. Eyes wide open now, Sehun snapped his head towards the other side of the bed – Luhan's side.

 

It was empty.

 

Where did he go? Sehun looked around the room, and then it hit him. Luhan was probably at school, preparing for his event.

 

Speaking of event...Sehun read the time on the alarm clock and jumped out of bed – 11:30.

 

Luhan's event starts at noon, and he was going to be late. Oh great. Just great.

 

Sprinting to the entrance of the school, Sehun's jaws dropped when he saw the massive line that started from the courtyard all the way to the school's entrance. What is going on?

 

Knowing that the girls would skin him alive if he cut through the line to see what the commotion was about, Sehun opted to stand and wait in line.

 

Sehun checked his watch – ten minutes passed. He groaned. This is going to take forever –

 

Attention! Attention! We're sorry about the long wait, but we didn't think this many people would show up, so we're trying our best to get you all in to meet with your angel,” Hongki, the leader of Team B, announced with his megaphone.

 

Another person from Team B started handing out what looked like pink tickets to everyone, and when Sehun got one, he nearly choked on his saliva.

 

The pink paper wasn't a ticket but rather a sort of schedule. It had all the events that was going on today with the times included and also a price next to each event. Scanning the prices, he groaned because it got more and more expensive as the day progressed. And judging from how the other girls seemed unfazed by this matter, Sehun concluded that Luhan's admirers were really rich, or at least highly devoted.

 

He fumbled in his pocket, praying that he didn't forget his wallet. Whew, found it. He took it out and checked the amount of cash he had in it and immediately frowned. He looked back at the pink sheet and doing quick mental math, Sehun realized he could only afford to participate in two events. Sehun shook his head and looked ahead – the line only moving about a yard length since he got here. The things I do for him...

 

------ 12:00 – 2:00 ------ Photo & Autograph Session

 

Thirty minutes in line and Sehun was close to snapping at anyone who was so unlucky enough to come near him. The fact that the girls behind him were whispering, “Why is he here? Doesn't he see Luhan enough?” only worsen his mood. He wanted to turn around and make it clear that No, he does not see Luhan enough, but decided that it would only give him a headache if he was to argue with the girls. Instead, he stared ahead, arms folded across his chest, with an irritated expression.

 

Thirty-five minutes.... Why is it taking so damn long?!

 

Thirty-six minutes.... My feet hurt.

 

Thirty-seven minutes.. My head hurts.

 

Thirty-eight minutes.. I want to go home.

 

Thirty-nine minutes... Why am I still here?!

 

Forty minutes..... Oh, that's why.

 

Sehun was now 10 feet away from the front of the line, but what was more important was that he could finally see Luhan.

 

Okay, maybe it was worth waiting.

 

Luhan was dressed in all white, his honey colored hair unusually shiny (or maybe it was the sun?) and his lips noticeably pinker. Luhan was practically glowing.

 

He looked so unreal that Sehun had to rubbed his eyes a few times to make sure that his definitely human boyfriend was actually there in front of him.

 

Luhan was smiling at the person standing in front of him, eyes twinkling, which only made him look more ethereal. Sehun had to admit that the fake white wings he was wearing may have something to do with the overall effect.

 

Guys, we're passing out a small post-it note for you to write the message you want your angel Luhan to use when he gives you his autograph,” a Team B member informed them as he passed out the notes.

 

Sehun took the post-it note and grinned. He hastily wrote down the message he had in mind. There.

 

With one person standing between him and his boyfriend, Sehun couldn't hide his sudden excitement. You would think that seeing his boyfriend every day would get him used to this sort of thing, but it doesn't.

 

Not when Luhan was playing angel for a day.

 

Oh! Sehun!” Luhan's face lit up at the sight of him, and Sehun fought hard not to jump over the table that was separating them, throw his boyfriend over his shoulder, and take him home.

 

He needed to be cool in front of his boyfriend and especially in front of these girls.

 

Oh. Hey,” he said nonchalantly as he handed Luhan the post-it note.

 

Luhan read the words on the note and cocked his head to the side. “This is what you want me to write?”

 

Yeah.”

 

O..kay.” Luhan took one of the photos from a stack on his left, and started scribbling something on it, a wide grin appearing on his face as he did so. Sehun tried reading it, to make sure Luhan was actually writing what he had written down, but reading upside down was never something he was good at.

 

Here you go.” Luhan gave him a mischievous smile as he handed him the signed photo. “Do you want to take a photo?”

 

Sehun shook his head. “I didn't bring my camera.”

 

Luhan snorted. “Okay, well I'll see you later. Thanks for coming.”

 

Yah! I did not wait in that stupid line for that long just for this exchange to end in 30 seconds.”

 

Luhan blinked at him, face clearly amused. “What do you want me to do?”

 

I don't know.” Give me a hug. Give me a kiss. Something!

 

Giggling, Luhan snatched the photo back. He scribbled something on the back before handing it to Sehun again. “That should be good enough.”

 

Sehun was about to say something, but the girl behind him had already pushed her way to the front (effectively shoving him to the side). She was too busy gushing over Luhan to notice the scowl that graced Sehun's face.

 

Sehun shook his head. Girls.

 

He stopped to read the message on the photo Luhan gave him.

 

He rolled his eyes and shot his boyfriend a “I'm going to get you” glare. Luhan, sensing Sehun's gaze, looked up towards his direction and stuck his tongue out before going back to signing.

 

What he wanted Luhan to write -

 

To My Dearest Boyfriend,

You're the best! I can't imagine life without you.

Love,

Bambi

 

What Luhan actually wrote -

 

To My #1 Fanboy,

I'm the best and you can't imagine life without me?

That's very sweet :) Thank you so much.

Yours Truly,

Luhan

 

 

Sehun flipped the photo to see the back, where Luhan had written XOXOXOXOXXXOOO ♥

 

He placed the photo inside his pocket, trying his best to hide the smile that was threatening to reveal itself to the world.

 

------ 2:10 – 2:40 ------ Pre-Game Warm Up (Aerobics)

 

Pure curiosity was the only reason Sehun chose to participate in this event. He had no idea what an aerobic warm up entails, considering the fact that he has never seen Luhan do any sort of aerobic exercises when they're at home. This has got to be something the other members had suggested because Sehun knew for a fact that Luhan wasn't very fond of exercising in general. So after paying to get in the square area they had sectioned off for this event, Sehun stood in the back, patiently waiting and noting how the others were just as curious as he was. This is going to be interesting.

 

Hey everyone! Hope you're ready.” Luhan greeted as he came to the front, fake wings included, dressed in a white sparkly tracksuit that put all other tracksuits to shame. He even had a matching headband and wristbands. Is it possible to be this cute?

 

Everybody, arms out! Come on, reach for the sky. We have to stretch first.” Luhan held both of his arms up in the air, causing all the girls to squeal at the utter cuteness of Luhan trying to stretch. “Okay, now bring it to the side and rotate it in a circular motion. Like this. Uh huh. Round and round.”

 

The girls giggled while Sehun merely stared at his boyfriend, extremely amused at how this warm up was going.

 

Not understanding why the girls were not following along, Luhan furrowed his brows. “Is this too hard? Should I start with something easier?”

 

Sehun scoffed. What can be easier than flinging your arms around?

 

After failing to get the girls to stretch (no one except Luhan was dressed for the matter anyways), Luhan decided that he'll just put on some aerobic music and start demonstrating the basic moves, like jogging in place, kicking your knees up while extending your arms in different directions, sideways stepping while rotating your arms and other stuff Sehun found quite enjoyable to watch, but not worth trying out himself. He also noticed how Luhan kept looking towards the right side, and he craned his neck to see what Luhan was looking at – then it all made sense. Baekhyun hyung.

 

Baekhyun was on the side, silently showing Luhan the various aerobic moves. Sehun resisted the urge to laugh because no one seemed to notice the guy with the matching sparkly purple tracksuit on the side, motioning his arms excitedly. Sehun decided that this is worth every dollar.

 

------ 2:45 – 6:00 ------ Games & Fun-filled Activities

 

Since Sehun couldn't afford to participate in the third event, which took place in the soccer field, he sat on the bleachers and watched as Luhan played various games with the people who paid to see him frolicking around like an over-excited baby deer.

 

After splitting the participants into two teams (Sehun noticed that the people in Luhan's team were smiling a lot more than the others), the first game was a friendly soccer match. Luhan had to take off his fake wings during the game because the feathers were becoming a nuisance, falling everywhere as he ran around. Sehun laughed when he saw Luhan roughly throwing the wings to the side. How angelic.

 

While a few of the girls were merely there to see Luhan run up and down the soccer field, the majority of the players were decent, actually scoring a few goals. Even though the game ended in Luhan's team losing, Sehun could tell his boyfriend had fun by the way he was grinning and high-fiving everybody.

 

Right after the soccer game, there was a potato sack race, which Sehun was glad he didn't join because everyone looked absolutely ridiculous hopping around in a dirty brown sack – everyone except Luhan that is. The older boy, with his fluffy honey colored hair and his white tracksuit, hopped the highest, merrily laughing as he turned the corner, falling over as a result. Sehun chuckled at the sight. Luhan's team didn't win this game either.

 

Following the embarrassing sack race, there was a relay race, and thanks to Luhan's last burst of surprising speed, his team actually won this time. Sehun couldn't stop himself from standing up and clapping like a proud boyfriend.

 

After the more strenuous games, Team B had various “easy, fun activities” set up. There was “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” which Sehun knew was the crowd's favorite because the girls were all “AHH OPPA!! Be careful!” even though they were laughing and taking pictures whenever Luhan stumbled because he could barely walk straight while blindfolded. When Luhan finally got the tail pinned on the huge donkey poster, the girls all clapped and congratulated him. Sehun rolled his eyes because since when does having a tail on the donkey's head considered accurate?

 

They then played Pictionary, where Luhan showcased his horrible drawing skills, but the girls didn't mind, oftentimes telling him that it wasn't his fault their team lost. Sehun begged to differ because he has never seen an alligator with horns (at least he thought that Luhan was trying to draw an alligator).

 

There was even a DDR machine set up for those that wanted to challenge Luhan at dancing (Sehun had no idea Luhan was such a beast at the dancing game). For this game, there were more male participants than females, which came somewhat as a shock to Sehun because he didn't know Luhan had male followers as well. Whenever Luhan was done playing a round with a fellow male challenger, he would smile and give the guy a pat on the back – Sehun would growled from where he was sitting, kicking himself for not bringing more money.

 

Feeling a little thirsty, Sehun went over to the drinks area where he found Kai, Chen, Lay, Baekyeol, and Tao sitting at a bench table, happily chatting amongst themselves.

 

I didn't know you guys were here,” Sehun said as he sat down next to Kai, who was busy trying to get Chanyeol to stop stealing his slushie.

 

We're here to support Luhan hyung, of course.” Tao smiled as he said so.

 

Besides, we're the ones who bet that he would win. We had to at least buy a ticket and show up,” Kai stated.

 

Oh, so you're only here to make sure you win this bet?” Sehun raised his brow.

 

Yes. Why would I pay to hang out with Luhan hyung when I can do that for free at home?”

 

Sehun frowned. I should have thought of that before I spent all that money. Hearing his stomach growl, he turned to Lay and gave him what he hoped was a decent “I'm a maknae, feed me” pout.

 

Hyung, can you buy me food?”

 

Lay looked at him suspiciously. “You ran out of money?” Sehun nodded and Lay chuckled in response. “Figures.” Lay left for a minute and came back with a large hamburger and fries, and Sehun quickly thanked him before chowing down.

 

I'm going to put that on Luhan hyung's tab,” Lay exclaimed with a grin, just when Sehun had finished eating. Sehun stared at him, eyes wide.

 

Hyung, that's not cool.”

 

Lay merely laughed.

 

What's the next event?” Tao asked.

 

I believe Luhan hyung will be answering various questions from the students,” Baekhyun answered.

 

Hmm. Maybe I should go ask him something,” Chen stated as he looked towards the area where the talk session was to be held – Team B was currently setting up the chairs and the mic stand.

 

What do you want to ask?”

 

Why he won't let me see his cell phone...I want to know what Luhan hyung could be hiding.”

 

Sehun facepalmed while Baekhyun giggled. “He's probably hiding personal photos.”

 

Sehun groaned. “Hyunggg.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him with a smug expression. “What? We can all be honest here and admit it – Luhan hyung is not as innocent as he looks. I'm sure inside his phone there are a gazillion photos of you two, probably some dirty ones.”

 

He does NOT have any dirty photos of us,” Sehun replied firmly. Candid photos – yes. Dirty photos – NO. At least not that I know of.......

 

Then does that mean you have them?” Chen wiggled his brows, hands slowly making its way across the table to grab ahold of Sehun's phone, which Sehun had taken out a few minutes before, in case Luhan texted him.

 

No.” Sehun quickly snatched his phone and placed it in his pocket. “Why are you interested in our photos anyway?”

 

Because he's feeling lonely,” Chanyeol quipped, causing everyone but Chen to laugh.

 

I was simply curious.”

 

Chanyeol quickly took out his phone and tapped a few buttons. “Here, you can look at our photos if you want.”

 

Yah! I didn't agree to this,” Baekhyun protested, face looking slightly mortified, but it was nothing compared to Chen's face when he caught a glimpse of the photo Chanyeol was showing him.

 

Ewww! No thanks!” Chen exclaimed, disgust clearly evident in his tone and in the way he glared at the couple.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “You said you were curious.”

 

I'm NOT that curious. Put that phone away!” Chen hollered.

 

Curiosity killed the cat,” Lay chirped.

 

Kai scoffed. “More like curiosity killed Chen.”

 

Chen moaned in mock agony while everyone else laughed. Sehun was laughing extra hard, mainly because he was especially glad to be off the topic of his and Luhan's personal photos. Anything was better than talking about that.

 

------ 6:10 – 7:30 ------ Q&A Session

 

For the talk session, Sehun had to settle for sitting all the way in back, beyond the area with the chairs, but it didn't matter much because Luhan had a microphone so he could hear him just fine. Luhan couldn't see him though.

 

The questions were mainly simple: What's your favorite movie? Favorite cake? Favorite drink? Favorite season? Your worst fears? Dreams and goals for the future? Last book you read? Restaurant recommendations? Embarrassing childhood stories? Shoe size? (Sehun rolled his eyes upon hearing this one) Etc.

 

Luhan answered them all, even the ridiculous ones like “Oppa, if you could be an animal, would you rather be a puppy or a duckling?”

 

Sehun was tempted to stand up and say, “No. He would be a baby deer. Duh.”

 

The questioning session was coming to an end when that question finally showed up.

 

The question Sehun was hoping no one would ask because it made him uncomfortable to even think about it.

 

Why are you dating Oh Sehun?” one of the girls asked. A few of the others gasped while many nodded, like they too were wondering the same thing. Oh great.

 

Sehun could tell Luhan was taken aback by the question. The older boy stuttered, “I-I'm sorry. I'm not sure I heard you correctly.”

 

Why are you dating Sehun?” the girl reiterated. The people who were sitting near Sehun were glancing at him, probably trying to read his expression, but for circumstances like such, Sehun kept his mask of indifference on. They didn't need to know that he was utterly agitated that someone would ask such a question. He expected this though. The question was most likely at the back of everyone's mind when the news broke out. Why Oh Sehun?

 

What Sehun didn't expect was Luhan's answer.

 

Because I love him. Why else?” Luhan smiled at the girl when he finished.

 

D-did he just proclaimed his l-love for m-me? In front of a h-hundred students?

 

Taken by surprise, the girl blinked at him a few times before mumbling, “O-oh.”

 

Everybody there started chatting amongst themselves and a few took out their phones, texting their friends about the news because evidently the fact that Luhan had publicly announced his love for Sehun was worthy of being spread around.

 

Luhan cleared his throat, in hopes of reclaiming their attention. “Okay, I'm sure many of you are concerned in regards to me dating Sehun, and you probably have a lot of questions, but it's personal, and I don't really like discussing such matter. I would, however, let you know that I couldn't be happier.”

 

Luhan nervously bit his bottom lip as he scanned the crowd in search of Sehun. When he finally spotted him, and when they lock eyes, the older boy smiled and placed his arms over his head – making a sloppy, but sweet heart.

 

Sehun-ah. Saranghae.”

 

The girls all went, “Awwww.”

 

But Sehun doesn't hear any of it – his heart was beating too fast and too loud against his ribcage.

 

------ 8:00 – 9:00 ------ Cake Decorating

 

After the Q&A session, Sehun wanted to take Luhan aside for a moment to show him just how much he makes Sehun happy, but the throng of people surrounding the older boy made it impossible. Sehun groaned before deciding that he'll have to wait till the day was over.

 

Sehun watched as Team B set up multiple tables, placing dozens of cupcakes at each one. Sehun could already tell that this was Luhan's idea. He even wore an adorable chef jacket and matching hat.

 

Being too far away to hear anything, Sehun could only assume that Luhan was telling the participants that they could decorate the cakes however they like. Luhan then went around and handed out different flavored icing – he was practically skipping.

 

Sehun smiled when he saw Luhan concentrating on icing his cupcake. The older boy kept having to redo his decorations because he often took small in between, looking around each time, to check if anyone had seen him. But of course, Sehun saw him.

 

------ 9:05 – 10:00 ------ Closing

 

When the team members had finished cleaning up the tables, and when all the girls had their cupcakes packed in a small pink box, it was time for the last part of the day – the closing.

 

After Hongki had said a few words of thanks, they collectively yelled, “TEAM B FIGHTING!” And even though, he was on Team A, Sehun joined in because hey, supporting his boyfriend was the least he could do, especially after that love confession.

 

Before everyone left, Luhan, wearing his fake wings again, made sure to thanked each and every one of them for coming.

 

Sehun stayed behind, growing more worried as the minutes ticked by – worried that Luhan's hands were going to fall off from all that waving and high-fiving.

 

It was 10:30 PM when it was all over and no one was left.

 

By then his angel was already tired.

 

That meant that Sehun was forced to piggy-back the exhausted angel home.

 

Sehun couldn't decide if he liked it or not. On one hand, he does miss having his boyfriend all to himself, but on the other hand, a sleeping Luhan and his stupid wings – which Sehun found out is heavier than it looks – was really making it difficult for him to stand straight, let alone walk home.

 

Why couldn't you have taken those wings off before climbing on my back?” Sehun complained only to receive Luhan's soft snores in response.

 

On the way, they got a few honks from passing cars. Sehun didn't let it bother him because he had to admit how often do you see somebody carrying a passed out angel on their back?

 

Not often.

 

When they finally got home, with Sehun losing a few pounds in the process, Sehun sat his boyfriend on the bed, took his shoes and his wings off (how ironic) and laid him down on the bed, pulling the covers over him. He was leaning in, ready to give Luhan a kiss on the forehead, when Baekhyun knocked on his door.

 

Um. Sehun? Do you mind if I borrow Luhan hyung's wings?”

 

Here. Take it.” Sehun tossed the wings toward Baekhyun.

 

Don't you want to know why I'm borrowing them?”

 

No. I rather not.”

 

Baekhyun grinned before he left (an impatient Chanyeol was calling his name from the other room). Sehun shook his head. Those wings will no longer be pure and clean by the looks of it.

 

Sehun-ah,” Sehun's favorite voice mumbled. Sehun turned to look at Luhan, who still had his eyes closed.

 

What's wrong? Are you thirsty?”

 

Thanks for handing out my flyers,” Luhan muttered. Sehun wasn't sure if he was sleep talking or what, but the older boy kept his eyes closed.

 

Uhh. How did you know?”

 

Luhan opened his eyes and looked up at him. “So it was you.”

 

Realizing that Luhan was merely guessing, Sehun sighed – even when half-asleep, his boyfriend could still trick him into revealing the truth.

 

Luhan laughed at Sehun's resignation. “I really appreciate it. Thanks Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeahhh. You weren't supposed to find out by the way..”

 

Pfffttt. You're not exactly a professional at keeping secrets. A few of the girls told me that they got the flyers from some guy, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not. Why did you do it? In case you forgot, we're supposed to be rivals.”

 

Sehun shrugged. “I guess I wanted it to be a close competition, so that when my team wins, I wouldn't feel as bad.”

 

Luhan raised his brow. “Oh really?”

 

Okay. Fine. I didn't like seeing you so disappointed and rivals or not, I wanted to help. So even though I hate talking to strangers and running around a crowded building, I handed those flyers out like the good boyfriend that I am.”

 

Nodding, Luhan said, “You are a good boyfriend.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I know that!”

 

Grinning, Luhan abruptly pulled him down so that their faces were inches apart. “Did you know....” The older boy gazed dreamily into his eyes.

 

With his heart ready to burst any second, stemming from the fact that Luhan's lips were so freaking close to him but not as close as Sehun would like them to be, Sehun impatiently asked, “What? Do I know what?” Get to the point because you're killing me.

 

That..... you're....”

 

Quit teasing me and spit it out 

 

Soft plump lips cut him off. AISH!

 

Although annoyed at Luhan's teasing, Sehun kissed him back, a bit aggressively because he really really miss kissing him. A whole day without those lips was enough to send Sehun over the edge. He needs more.

 

Luhan smiled into the kiss, happy to have Sehun quiet and eager.

 

When they separate for much needed air, Luhan pinched his cheek. Sehun scowled. “You know I hate that.”

 

Yeah.”

 

Then why –?”

 

Because I want to.”

 

You're really something.”

 

Yeah. But I'm your something.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “You're just as cheesy as I am.”

 

Luhan grinned. “Whatever.”

 

What did you want to tell me? Before.. well um the kiss. You said I was?”

 

Luhan blinked. “Oh! Yeah. It's nothing.”

 

Sehun gave him a blank look before rolling off to his side of the bed. He mumbled, “You drive me crazy.”

 

Luhan scooted over to wrap his arms around Sehun's middle.

 

But it's the good kind of crazy,” he said softly as he nuzzled Sehun's neck.

 

There's no such thing as a 'good kind' of crazy,” Sehun said in a serious tone. “Crazy is crazy.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Righttt.”

 

------

It was the Monday after and a club meeting was held to announce the winning team. After separating into their respective teams, the members all held their breaths as the president came to the center with a piece of paper in her hand.

 

I like to thank all of you for actively participating! We raised a lot of money and that means our MT trip will be awesome! I hope you guys are ready for that. Now for the moment you've all been waiting for. After counting the money raised with my vice president, I can now tell you that – oh before I do so, I have to mention that we all did a good job, and there is no shame in coming second place.”

 

JUST TELL US ALREADY!” Luhan shouted from where he was. Sehun chuckled, amazed at how Luhan could be so impatient considering the amount of teasing he does.

 

The president, still stunned that Luhan had yelled at her, simply stood there, eyes wide.

 

Well, are you going to tell us or not?”

 

I-I..sorry.” The president cleared , trying her best to regain her composure. Sehun noticed the small smirk that made its way across Luhan's face.

 

Okay, the winner of the competition and will therefore be exempt from washing the dishes is Team --------”

 

 

~~~~~~ LOL. CLIFFHANGER!! I'm just as bad as the president. Hhahaha. You will find out who wins soon enough. And how was the chapter? It was pretty long - to make up for the long wait. Hahaha. The FLUFFFFFFFF :DDDD I want to know your favorite parts of the chapter. My favorite parts were - Luhan's autograph message, Baekhyun showing Luhan how to do aerobics on the sidelines, Lulu's public confession, the piggy-back ride, Lulu's teasing, and Sehun telling him that "crazy is crazy.' Lol. I just love their relationship. 

Thanks for reading! Comment and subscribe :) ♥