The Eruption

All I Care About

It was only his first day back, but Jinho felt as though he shouldn't even be here. He naively thought that he could face Sehun and Luhan, that he had somehow conditioned himself to bear with the pain, but he was so wrong because the moment he spotted the two, he felt a sharp pang in his chest. The pain was all too real. It only got worse when he sensed Luhan glancing at him every so often during class, his eyes filled with worry. It got to the point that Jinho couldn't take it anymore and he desperately wanted out, so as soon as class ended, he rushed out of there, his steps leading him to the emergency staircase because he can't deal with being around others. He needed to be alone, to gather himself. He was only there for a few seconds when the door swung open and Luhan's voice could be heard. He had wished it was part of his imagination, something he conjured up to cope with the pain, but he knew better. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't ignore Luhan, so he turned around and that was the moment where his inner dilemma began.

 

Huh?” Luhan asked, tilting his head slightly.

 

Jinho turned his attention away from the boy. If he wanted to stay strong in front of Luhan, Jinho thought it was better not to look at him directly. His way of preventing himself from crumbling.

 

What do you mean?” Luhan asked when Jinho doesn't answer him initially.

 

This is it.

 

Jinho took a deep breath. “I think this is my only chance to –”

 

Luhan suddenly scooted closer to him, and Jinho's confession got caught in his throat. He forced himself to face the boy who sat patiently waiting for him to continue.

 

To?” Luhan asked, his voice soft and encouraging.

 

To tell the person I like how I feel.”

 

The person you like?” Luhan's eyes widened. “Is it the same person from the beginning of the year?”

 

Jinho nodded.

 

Doesn't he have someone?”

 

Jinho doesn't answer him, instead he turned away to avoid Luhan's gaze. He couldn't possibly answer that question, not when Luhan was the person who asked. He felt slightly ashamed. 

 

Luhan, who didn't need Jinho's reply to know the answer, asked, “You still have feelings for him?”

 

Yes.”

 

Jinho...”

 

It's wrong isn't it? Me liking someone who's taken....”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Liking someone isn't wrong. Not at all.”

 

But I shouldn't like him right?”

 

Luhan stayed quiet, probably thinking of what to say – to avoid hurting Jinho's feelings.

 

I can't tell you what you should and shouldn't feel. No one can. But Jinho, are you sure about this? Are you –”

 

I'm fine. Really.”

 

Doesn't it....hurt?

 

Yeah. It does. A lot,” Jinho answered with a small smile.

 

Then why –”

 

Because I can't help it,” was Jinho's honest reply. “I tried to ignore it, but every time I'm with him, the feelings come rushing back. Now it's gotten to the point where I don't care anymore. I just want to tell him. Others may think I'm the bad person when I say this, but I honestly think I'm more compatible with him.”

 

Jinho looked Luhan in the eyes and said with extreme sincerity, “I can make him happy.”

 

Does that mean he's not happy with his current lover?” Luhan asked innocently.

 

The early encounter with Sehun flashed through Jinho's mind. The smile on both of their faces as they walked towards the classroom. The way Luhan was talking to Sehun. The way his eyes lit up. All of it made Jinho reluctant to answer Luhan's question.

 

No,” Jinho whispered. “He's very happy with him.”

 

Oh.”

 

They fell into an uncomfortable silence. Jinho thought for sure that Luhan was judging him, probably thinking that he was some sick person who wanted to ruin someone's relationship – that he was someone who couldn't let go.

 

You don't think I should tell him?” Jinho finally asked.

 

No. I think you should tell him.”

 

Jinho's heart skipped a beat. What?

 

I think you should tell him,” Luhan repeated. “But only if you're confident you can accept whatever he has to say. Only if you're absolutely sure you can handle it and that you won't regret it later. Ask yourself if you're prepared to face whatever happens. If you are, then go for it.”

 

Hyung,” Jinho choked out, surprised by Luhan's answer.

 

I just don't want to see you heartbroken, Jinho.” Luhan shot him a sad smile. Jinho's stomach twisted painfully at the sincerity of Luhan's words.

 

He wanted to tell Luhan that it's too late, he's already heartbroken, but he couldn't find his voice.

 

Jinho realized that he really wasn't ready to tell Luhan. Not now at least.

 

Maybe it was better not to tell Luhan because the last thing Jinho wanted was for Luhan to feel bad, to pity him. That would hurt almost as much as Luhan not returning his feelings. Almost.

 

Jinho?”

 

I know, hyung. Thanks. You're really too kind.” Too good to me.

 

Luhan grinned and placed an arm around Jinho's shoulder. “What are friends for? And I hope you know now that I'm here to listen, so don't keep everything to yourself. It won't do you any good.”

 

It won't do you any good either, nor Sehun, Jinho thought sadly.

 

Is this the reason why you were absent these past few days?” Luhan asked after Jinho fell silent once more.

 

Jinho sighed. “Yeah.”

 

Luhan let out a sigh of relief. “Whew. I was worried you were mad at me or something, but now that I know, I can breathe easy again.”

 

Why would I be mad at you?”

 

I don't know.” Luhan chuckled. He removed his arm from Jinho's shoulder. “I guess I was being ridiculous.”

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

 

Luhan took out his phone and immediately smiled. “Sehun's calling. Probably wondering where I am.”

 

Of course.

 

I should go.” Luhan stood up and Jinho did the same. He started walking up the steps, but when Jinho doesn't follow him, he turned around and looked at him curiously. “You're not coming?”

 

Jinho shook his head. “Go ahead.”

 

Are you going to be okay, Jinho?”

 

Yeah. I'll be fine,” Jinho lied. “You shouldn't keep Sehun waiting. He hates that.”

 

Luhan smiled. “He does.” The older boy turned away and answered his phone. “Sehun-ah.”

 

He started walking towards the door, and Jinho pursed his lips to keep himself from calling Luhan's name. He watched Luhan disappeared behind the door.

 

There goes his chance.

 

He blew it yet again, but this time Jinho doesn't feel so bad about it because Luhan was absolutely right. He should only tell Luhan when he's confident that he can accept whatever his answer might be.

 

He'll definitely be ready then.

 

******

One week later....

 

You really can't come?” Luhan asked again, trying not to pout as he watched Sehun move around the room.

 

No, I can't. Someone else called in sick, so I have to cover for him.”

 

But it's Jinho's birthday.”

 

I know that,” Sehun said, sounding somewhat irritated. “But I have to work.”

 

Luhan sighed and flopped down on the bed. “It's not going to be fun without you.”

 

Then don't go,” Sehun said when he walked over to the bed to sit next to Luhan.

 

I have to go.”

 

Why?”

 

Because it's Jinho.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “And?”

 

And friends go to each other's birthday party.”

 

Right. Well, count me out.” Sehun got up and grabbed the keys from the nightstand. Luhan sat up and stared him.

 

Luhan had a feeling that Sehun wasn't happy about him going to Jinho's party alone, but there wasn't anything he can do.

 

How long are you going to stay over there?” Sehun asked, trying to sound nonchalant as he fiddled with the keys.

 

Luhan smiled. “Until the party ends.”

 

Sehun furrowed his brows. “Wha-”

 

Fine. Until you pick me up.”

 

What if I don't get there early?”

 

Then I guess I'll still be there?”

 

Lu.”

 

Kidding. I'll just call one of the others to pick me up.”

 

Sehun opened his mouth to say something else, but Luhan quickly cut in. “I'll be fine, Sehun-ah.”

 

His boyfriend stared at him for a good minute before asking rather exasperatedly, “Why can't you take Baekhyun or Chanyeol hyung with you?”

 

Luhan raised his brow. “Why would I? Don't know if you know this or not, but I don't think they like Jinho.”

 

But they can still come.”

 

And crash Jinho's party?”

 

They don't mind. Honestly.”

 

Sehun-ah.”

 

They can be your bodyguards or something,” Sehun said.

 

Why would I need a bodyguard?”

 

Because I'm not there,” Sehun answered simply. Awww.

 

Luhan walked over to where Sehun was standing. He offered Sehun his hand, and though Sehun looked at him weird, he took it nonetheless.

 

I love it when you're protective of me, but seriously, Sehun-ah, I'll be okay. Stop worrying.”

 

That's like telling me to stop breathing,” Sehun retorted, his face too serious for it to be taken as a joke.

 

Aish.” Luhan gave up trying to reason with Sehun and simply hugged him. “Nothing is going to happen to me. Promise.”

 

Sehun sighed before he wrapped his arms around Luhan and held him closer. “I really don't like being away from you for too long,” Sehun confessed, causing Luhan to smile against his chest.

 

I know.” I don't like it either, Sehun-ah.

 

Luhan looked up and smiled when Sehun returned his gaze.

 

It won't be long. I'll be back in your arms before you know it.”

 

******

Ding dong.

 

I'll get it,” Jinho announced over the loud music as he rushed over to the door. When he opened it to find Luhan on the other side, smiling at him, Jinho couldn't stop himself from grinning.

 

Hey hyung.”

 

Happy Birthday Jinho!” Luhan shouted.

 

Jinho chuckled and stepped aside to let him in. It wasn't until Luhan got inside his apartment that Jinho noticed something was missing, or rather someone.

 

Where's Sehun?”

 

He had to work,” Luhan said apologetically. “He's sorry he couldn't make it.”

 

I'll bet.

 

Well, I'm glad you made it.”

 

Of course, I wouldn't miss your birthday!”

 

Jinho smiled. For a second he wondered if being able to spend time with a Sehun-less Luhan was his birthday present. Whatever it is, he'll take it.

 

Help yourself to some food.”

 

Mhm!”

 

Jinho watched as Luhan got himself a plate and quickly put everything on it. He would have stayed there longer if it wasn't for the doorbell.

 

By the time he got back from letting in his other guests, Luhan had left. Where is he? Jinho's eyes scanned the living room where most of his guests were hanging out, and when he still couldn't find Luhan, he tried the kitchen.

 

Where's Luhan hyung?” he asked the people in the kitchen, a few of them were from their class.

 

I think he's out in the balcony.”

 

Oh okay.”

 

When Jinho slid the glass door to step outside, he immediately caught sight of Luhan sitting at the round table, enjoying his food. There were others outside as well, but it seemed as though Luhan was too busy to pay them any attention.

 

I was looking for you,” Jinho stated when he sat down opposite of Luhan. “You like the food?”

 

It's so good!” Luhan exclaimed. “Did you order it?”

 

Actually, I made it myself.”

 

Luhan gasped. “Really?!”

 

Yup. I just followed the recipes I found online. It took a few tries to get some of the dishes right, but I'm satisfied with the results.”

 

Wow,” Luhan said in awe. “You're amazing.”

 

Jinho beamed at the compliment. “If there's something you want to eat, I can try making it for you. I can't promise it'll be good, but I'll try.”

 

Luhan smiled. “I'm going to take you up on your offer one day.”

 

I hope you do...

 

An hour later when everyone was full and feeling restless, they all decided to go somewhere else to celebrate. Luhan had suggested they go to a noraebang, and Jinho thought it was a good idea, so they called multiple taxis to take them there. None of them drove because they figured they were going to drink and so it would be pointless to.

 

When Jinho got out of his taxi, he read the flashing neon sign on the three story building located in the middle of a popular plaza.

 

Good Times Noraebang.

 

Luhan, who shared a taxi with him, hopped out of the car, looking incredibly excited for some reason. He must really like noraebangs.

 

Jinho was about to pay the taxi driver when Luhan stopped him. “It's your birthday. I'll pay.”

 

But --”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Nope. Go in first and get us a room. I'll pay and wait for the others out here.”

 

Before Jinho could say anything else, Luhan pushed him towards the entrance, a brilliant smile on his face. Jinho felt as thought Luhan knew something he didn't. Was it some sort of surprise he was planning?

 

Jinho walked inside and looked around. A middle-age man came up to him and asked him how big his party was before he left to check to see if he had rooms available. By the time the man came back, a few of Jinho's other guests also entered the noraebang.

 

We have a big party room available on the 3rd floor, so please follow me,” the man said.

 

While the others followed the man, Jinho stayed behind – he wanted to wait for Luhan.

 

He was just about to go outside to check on the boy when he heard something that made his heart stop.

 

Sehun, can you come here for a second?”

 

Se-Sehun? Can't be...

 

Jinho whirled around and as soon as his eyes landed on the familiar figure, he stopped breathing.

 

Sehun.

 

A few feet away from him stood Sehun, dressed in uniform, listening to orders from one of his colleagues.

 

Jinho realized with horror that this was Sehun's workplace.

 

Jinho's eyes widened because everything clicked. Why Luhan was eager when he suggested going to the noraebang. Why Luhan was enthusiastic during the whole ride here. It all made sense now.

 

Luhan was looking forward to seeing Sehun.

 

His heart clenched.

 

Technically, Luhan didn't do anything wrong, but why does Jinho feel so betrayed?

 

There was no way he could just leave. He was already here. His other friends were waiting for him. He can't just abandon his party simply because Sehun was here. He can't. And he won't.

 

Jinho stepped forward, closing the distance between him and an unsuspecting Sehun.

 

When his colleague left to attend another matter, Sehun turned and finally noticed Jinho. Alarm and surprise flashed across Sehun's brown eyes.

 

Jinho? What are you –?”

 

We decided to come here to continue the party.”

 

We?” Sehun's eyes widened. He probably realized that Luhan was here as well.

 

Yeah.”

 

Where's –”

 

Sehun-ah!”

 

Jinho doesn't bother turning around to face the owner of that voice. He could already picture the wide grin on Luhan's face when he sees Sehun.

 

Luhan with sparkly eyes and a blinding smile was something he didn't want to see. Right now, he could only feel disappointment and resentment coursing through his veins.

 

Lu,” Sehun said as he walked past Jinho, their shoulders slightly bumping. Jinho clenched his jaw and turned around.

 

Hyung, our room is on the 3rd floor,” Jinho said to Luhan, who tore his eyes away from Sehun to look at him. “I think everybody's already here, so you don't have to wait anymore.”

 

Oh okay. I'll be right up,” Luhan said before he turned his attention back to Sehun.

 

Refusing to watch their interaction, Jinho stepped in the waiting elevator and pressed the button for the 3rd floor. The last thing he saw before the doors closed was Sehun grabbing Luhan's hand and taking him somewhere.

 

It was too late to regret it now, but going to the noraebang was definitely not a good idea.

 

******

Sehun-ah, where are you taking me?” Luhan asked, trying to contain his excitement. He knew that showing up at Sehun's workplace unannounced was going to catch the boy off guard, which was why he wanted to come in the first place.

 

That and he also thought that as Jinho's friend since childhood, Sehun should be given the chance to wish the birthday boy a Happy Birthday.

 

There was also a small (maybe not so small) part of him that simply wanted to see Sehun.

 

Sehun doesn't say anything when he led Luhan through a hallway and opened the door at the end. He pulled Luhan into the room and immediately shut the door.

 

Sehun-ah.”

 

Explain,” Sehun ordered, arms crossing his chest.

 

Luhan glanced around and realized that they were in the employees room. “So this is where you take breaks and stuff?”

 

Lu.”

 

Before he could explore the room, Sehun clasped their hands, refusing to let him go anywhere. Again, Sehun demanded that he explain himself.

 

With an innocent shrug, Luhan answered, “I figured it would be fun to celebrate here. People come to noraebangs all the time for birthday parties you know?”

 

Yes, I know that,” Sehun said tiredly. “But why here?”

 

Because you're here.”

 

Sehun blinked a few times at Luhan's honest answer. With a cheeky smile, Luhan leaned forward and asked, “Shouldn't you be happy to see me?”

 

It was your idea to come here?”

 

Luhan nodded.

 

Lu....”

 

What? I thought you couldn't be away from me for too long, so I'm making it easier for you. I'm here. Now kiss me.”

 

Instead of kissing him like Luhan wanted him to, Sehun lets go of his hand and cupped his face. “You only made it harder for me, Bambi.”

 

What? How?”

 

With his thumbs caressing Luhan's cheeks, Sehun asked, “How am I supposed to concentrate on my work if you're here?”

 

Oh.

 

Smiling, Luhan circled his arms around Sehun's waist and pressed himself flush against Sehun's chest. “Now you know how I feel when you visit me at the cafe.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Well, at least you were able to see me when you work. I can't. I'm not assigned to your room,” he explained. “So I'm forced to worry about what you could possibly be doing in another room.”

 

Luhan giggled. “I'll be singing. Duh. What else would I do at a noraebang?”

 

You're enjoying this way too much.”

 

Is it obvious?”

 

Bambi –”

 

A voice inside Sehun's pocket cuts him off. “Sehun, can you please check room 5? I think something is wrong with the audio.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened when Sehun pulled out his walkie-talkie. “I didn't know you had walkie-talkies! That's cool umph–”

 

Sehun covered his mouth and spoke into the receiver. “I'll be right there.”

 

He quickly placed the walkie-talkie inside his pocket, and cupped Luhan's face again. “I have to go, but if you need anything, let me know.”

 

Got it.”

 

Don't drink alcohol because well you...”

 

I know.”

 

Even if the others are having fun and offer you a drink, say no. Don't let them pressure you to drink.”

 

I won't.”

 

It might get really hot inside the room, so make sure you keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water, and if you want, you can order a soda or a slushie. We have the blueberry flavor you like so much.”

 

Really?”

 

Yes. If you're hungry, you can order something to eat as well.”

 

Okay.”

 

And if it gets too loud for you, just step out.”

 

Got it.”

 

You don't have to stay there till the party ends. If you want to leave, then do that – wait for me out in the lobby okay?”

 

Uh huh. Anything else?”

 

This.” Sehun pressed his lips firm on Luhan's lips.

 

Luhan immediately smiled into the kiss, his hands naturally wrapping around Sehun's neck, pulling him closer.

 

The kiss would have lasted longer if it wasn't for the shrill voice coming from Sehun's pants.

 

Sehun? Where are you? They need you in room 5 right now!”

 

Sehun groaned as soon as he pulled away, clearly not happy about being interrupted.

 

Go,” Luhan said. “I'm not going to be the reason why you got fired,” he teased.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and opened the door. “Remember I'm here. If anything happens, call me.”

 

He peck Luhan's lips one last time before running to where he needed to be.

 

When Luhan entered the room assigned to Jinho's party, he had a smitten smile on his face and though no one notice this, Jinho did.

 

Luhan sat down on the edge of the long couch and clapped mindlessly as one of his classmate sang a trot song, his mind still hung up on the kiss shared with Sehun.

 

He doesn't notice the pair of eyes trained on him.

 

He doesn't see the hurt on Jinho's face as he picked up a glass of soju and drank it in one shot.

 

******

Most of the guests started leaving an hour before midnight. All of them had wished Jinho a Happy Birthday, but Jinho was too caught up in his emotions to care. He simply picks up another empty glass and fills it with soju.

 

When there were only four other people left, including Luhan, Jinho's vision started to blur. He spotted the empty bottles on the floor and on the table. Most of them were his.

 

Why don't you sing a song?” Luhan asked when he moved to sit next to Jinho.

 

Jinho shook his head. “I at singing.”

 

We all do,” Luhan said with a chuckle.

 

No, not you. I like your singing.”

 

Really?”

 

Yeah. It's really good. You sound like an angel.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Are you drunk?” he asked, apparently amused at Jinho's expense.

 

No. Hyung, can you sing me a song?”

 

Hmm.” Luhan tapped his chin, pretending to consider Jinho's request. Jinho wanted to tell him how cute he looked, but he held himself back with what little self-control he has left.

 

Sure,” Luhan said with smile far too dazzling for Jinho. “What song do you want me to sing?”

 

Anything.”

 

Anything?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Okay...” Luhan picked up the song book and began browsing through the selections.

 

What Jinho didn't know was that Luhan ended up picking the song Sehun played for him for their one month anniversary. (Super Junior's All My Heart)

 

As sweet as the lyrics were, as heartfelt as Luhan sang, it wasn't for Jinho, and it hurts knowing that.

 

When Luhan finished singing, Jinho got up and took the microphone away from him. He ended up singing Kim Hyun Joong's Because I'm Stupid.

 

The song was perfect because Jinho was stupid.

 

Stupid enough to sing the song while staring directly into Luhan's eyes.

 

Loving you is like having a beautiful wound.”

 

I look at your pretty smile, but I cannot laugh with you.”

 

I'm thinking about you so much everyday.”

 

I'm withstanding the pain each day.”

 

I love you is playing on my lips.”

 

I'm alone once again, crying for you.”

 

He finished the song, and though the others clapped, Jinho was only interested in one person's reaction. Luhan doesn't move, instead he sat there, eyes on Jinho as if he's never seen him before.

 

The others stopped clapping when they notice that Jinho only had eyes for Luhan. Uncomfortable with the atmosphere coming forth from the two of them, one of their classmates cleared his throat.

 

That was nice, Jinho. How about we sing a more upbeat song now?”

 

That comment snapped Luhan out of his reverie. Jinho frowned when Luhan started clapping and praising him for his singing.

 

It was clear, at least to Jinho, that none of the lyrics got to him because even when Jinho sat back down, the older boy kept his bright smile.

 

Luhan may have heard him sing those words, but he didn't listen.

 

And Jinho wondered for a brief moment whether Luhan was really that clueless, or maybe the older boy was better at hiding his real feelings than Jinho thought.

 

But that can't be true because every time Luhan is with Sehun, Jinho could practically see all of his emotions on his face and in his actions. It was as clear as day that Luhan felt nothing but love for the other.

 

But why couldn't Jinho figure him out now? Why wasn't it clear?

 

How did Luhan feel about his song confession?

 

Did he feel anything at all?.....

 

******

Hyung, why are you still here?” Jinho asked, throwing an empty cup across the room. “Everyone else left.”

 

Well, I can't just leave you alone, not when you're drunk like this,” Luhan stated as he picked up the cup.

 

Jinho snorted. “It's obvious you're waiting for Sehun.”

 

Luhan walked over and sat down next to Jinho. “That's not necessarily true. I already called a taxi for you, so I –”

 

Hyung, don't,” Jinho begged. He covered his face with his hands. “You're making it worse.”

 

What do you mean?”

 

Jinho sighed and uncovered his face. “You're hurting me hyung,” Jinho murmured.

 

Luhan's eyes widened in shock. “Wha--”

 

I can't tell if you're ridiculously clueless or horribly cruel.”

 

Jinho...”

 

Tell me something hyung. How did you feel when I sang that song?”

 

W-Which song?” Luhan stuttered, though he knew exactly which.

 

Jinho chuckled dryly. “Which song?” He laughed before he shook his head and smiled. “Why do you continue to torture me?”

 

Luhan's throat dried, his eyes a mixture of shock and hurt. What was Jinho talking about? When did he –

 

I'm in love with you.”

 

Luhan's eyes grew wider, and he stopped breathing for a second. W-What?

 

I'm in love with you, Luhan hyung,” Jinho repeated firmly. “You're the one I wanted to confess to. It was you.”

 

J-Jinho..”

 

Jinho glued his eyes to Luhan's own. “Is it really a surprise?”

 

Luhan's not even sure why, but he nodded.

 

Jinho has feelings for him? Jinho?

 

Honestly, the thought has never occurred to him – that is until minutes ago when Jinho had sang that song. He had a terrible feeling that Jinho was singing to him, referring to him, confessing to him.

 

But he didn't want to believe it was true. He pushed that thought behind him because Jinho couldn't possibly like him. There was no way.

 

And now as he sat there, eyes peering into Jinho's honest eyes, Luhan realized that it was true.

 

He was the one that Jinho was talking about on the staircase. He was the one that was taken....by Sehun.

 

Sehun.

 

Jinho, I – I don't – I'm sorry.”

 

Why?”

 

I don't feel the same way,” Luhan said, trying his best not to sound apologetic because he doubt Jinho wanted him to. He would probably think that Luhan was pitying him, and Luhan didn't want that.

 

Why? Because of him?” Jinho asked, his tone spiteful. “Is it because you're with him?”

 

Jinho, I'm really sorry, I am, but I can't return your feelings.”

 

You can't? Or you don't want to? Which is it?”

 

Jinho –”

 

I don't understand. Why can't you return my feelings? Is it that hard? Am I that horrible? Am I not worthy?”

 

Luhan quickly shook his head. “Jinho, don't say that.”

 

Then why?!” Jinho asked, raising his voice slightly.

 

Because I'm in love with Sehun,” Luhan replied. He could feel a tiny prick in his eyes at having to say that to Jinho, but it had to be said.

 

Sehun's your friend, Jinho.”

 

So? Why would that stop me from loving you?”

 

Jinho...Y-you can't.” Luhan took a deep breath. “You can't do this.”

 

Jinho laughed mirthlessly. “I can't do this? Really? I can't have feelings for you?”

 

Tears were beginning to well up in Luhan's eyes because Jinho sounded so heartbroken. He didn't want this. He didn't want to be the reason behind Jinho's apparent pain.

 

You said so yourself – liking someone isn't wrong and no one can tell me what I should or shouldn't feel,” Jinho continued.

 

Jinho, you're not thinking clearly. You had too many drinks and --”

 

Even so, what I'm saying is the truth. I'm tired of keeping it to myself. I want you to know.”

 

Luhan doesn't say anything after that. He simply sat there and thought about all the possible solutions. How was he going to avoid hurting Jinho even more? Was there something he could say to make the other boy feel better? Is there even a way to help?

 

Jinho, I only see you as a friend. I can't –”

 

Jinho suddenly grabbed his hand and clasped it between his. “I know it's pathetic to ask, but can't you try to see me as something more?”

 

Even when Jinho applied pressure to Luhan's hand to coax an answer out of him, Luhan couldn't answer – unable to bear the weight of the question.

 

Luhan's silence was enough for Jinho to realize the answer. Luhan could feel his stomach being tied into knots when Jinho gave his hand another squeeze, his eyes sad and desperate.

 

Luhan hyung, don't close your heart,” Jinho whispered as tears began to trail down his cheeks.

 

As hurtful as it is, Luhan figured that since Jinho was being so honest with him, the least he could do was to be honest as well.

 

That is why he said, “I'm sorry, Jinho, but.....but Sehun has my heart.”

 

It was a moment of heart wrenching silence as Jinho digested Luhan's words. He then slowly lets go of Luhan's hand.

 

He doesn't deserve it,” Jinho stated through gritted teeth, his tears were now dried, and his eyes burn with a sort of anger that almost prevented Luhan from speaking out.

 

Jinho, don't. You don't mean it. Sehun's your friend, don't treat him like this.”

 

And that was when everything erupted – when Jinho snapped.

 

Jinho roughly shoved Luhan down on the couch, his hands pressing into Luhan's shoulders, his eyes burning holes through Luhan.

 

Luhan's heart started beating insanely fast, his breathing harsh and unsteady, and he had no idea what else to do, but to stare back at Jinho. He was completely petrified.

 

Why must it be Sehun?!” Jinho demanded angrily.

 

Luhan was only able to move again when Jinho hovered over him, straddling him, pushing him down. “Jinho, get off! You're hurting me!”

 

ANSWER ME!” Jinho barked, tightening his grip on Luhan. His breath reeked of alcohol.

 

Jinho! STOP!” Luhan shouted as he push Jinho away. When he sat up, he glared at Jinho. “You're completely irrational right now, so stop.”

 

Jinho pushed him back down again, this time harder than before. “Just answer my question,” he snarled, his hands quickly grabbing each of Luhan's wrists and placing them above Luhan's head, completely restraining him.

 

JINHO! LET ME GO!” Luhan shouted as he thrashed around, his legs trying to kick Jinho off. “PLEASE STOP! YOU'RE HURTING ME!”

 

IT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO THE HURT YOU GAVE ME,” Jinho shouted back, his expression delirious.

 

Terrified by the way Jinho looked at him, Luhan started trembling. He's never seen Jinho like this. The image frightened him to the point of sheer panic.

 

When Jinho refused to let him go, Luhan screamed, “SEHUNNNN!”

 

Jinho took a deep breath, but he didn't release Luhan. “Sehun. Sehun. With you, it's always him,” he said, his voice low and threatening.

 

SEHUNNNN,” Luhan screamed again, on the verge of tears now because Jinho's grip on his wrists was not loosening at all – he could actually feel it starting to bruise.

 

JINHO IT HURTS. PLEASE LET ME GO,” Luhan pleaded.

 

But Jinho didn't. He only pressed Luhan further down into the couch.

 

I can't,” Jinho replied, voice almost a whisper. He looked down at Luhan, who paled instantly.

 

Jinho leaned down and Luhan's eyes widened. “NOO! JINHO! STOP!”

 

He quickly turned his head the other way to avoid looking at Jinho. He could feel Jinho's hot breath on his neck and the tears he had been holding back were now streaming down his pale face.

 

No. No. No. No. No.

 

For the last time, Luhan screamed the name of the person he needed the most. “SEHHHUNNNNN!”

 

And just when Jinho's lips were pressed against his tear-stained cheek, Luhan heard the door burst open.

 

LUHAN!”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ Did I just cut the chapter off at one of the most crucial moments possible? Yes. Did I frustrate a lot of you? Most likely. Lol. Are some of you screaming? Cursing at Jinho? Cursing at me? Lol. What a packed chapter! YES! SO MUCH DRAMA! I CAN'T EVEN! No. Since it's a long chapter, I'll keep my A/N short. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll answer them. Do tell me how you felt about the chapter. I expect a lot of cursing. Lol. This may sound evil, but I'm smiling right now because I finally wrote the chapter I had planned since the beginning. It's liberating. Hhahaha. Like yess finallyyyy! :D LUHAN KNOWS! FINALLY

 

Favorite moment for this chapter hands down - Hunhan fluff at the noraebang. That was too cute, I was dying. I added that in to completely yank the happy rug from under your feet. Lol. But some of you could probably already guess where things were going with all the warnings ^^