The Interruption

All I Care About

12:01 A.M.

Luhan had just fallen asleep a few minutes ago when he suddenly heard a warm voice calling his name.

 

Lu.”

 

Even if the voice belonged to his favorite person in the world, Luhan refused to open his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to keep his eyes closed and sleep. It may be due to his exhaustion from working or it may be due to his natural tendency to give his boyfriend a hard time. It was probably both.

 

Lu,” Sehun tried again, this time he lightly brushed Luhan's cheek in hopes of coaxing Luhan out of his slumber.

 

Naturally, Luhan leaned into Sehun's touch.

 

Sehun chuckled, causing the corners of Luhan's lips to tug upwards. Sehun's laughter was always something that brought a smile to his face – even at this hour.

 

With eyes still closed, Luhan draped his arm around Sehun's waist and snuggled closer. Maybe Sehun will let him go back to sleep if he played the part well.

 

I know you're awake, so just give it up and open your eyes.”

 

Okay, maybe not.

 

Sehun-ahhh,” Luhan whined. “Why are you still --”

 

Happy Birthday,” Sehun cuts in. He brushed Luhan's fringe away to reveal his forehead. “Happy Birthday Bambi,” Sehun repeated before pressing his lips on Luhan's forehead.

 

Luhan smiled, finally opening his eyes to gaze into Sehun's adoring ones. “You're a few hours early. I was born at 5 am,” he mumbled.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I doubt you would want me to wake you up then.”

 

Luhan slowly nodded because Sehun does have a point. Deciding that since his boyfriend took the time to actually wake him up on his birthday, he should at least find out what surprise Sehun has planned for him. So while looking up at Sehun, Luhan silently held out his hand.

 

Sehun looked down at Luhan's hand and scoffed. “What's wrong with your hand?”

 

He knows that Sehun is simply playing with him because the day before he caught his boyfriend wrapping up what he had assumed was his gift. But of course Sehun enjoyed making him ask for what he wanted.

 

It's waiting for something,” Luhan said, palm still open.

 

Like what?”

 

Like a gift...”

 

So spoiled,” Sehun remarked teasingly.

 

Whose fault is that?”

 

Not mine,” Sehun simply answered.

 

Luhan smiled. “Whatever,” he said as he poked Sehun in stomach. “Now really. Where is it?”

 

With a sigh of defeat, Sehun murmured, “Fine.” He turned around to grab something off his nightstand.

 

Luhan had expected his gift, but instead he got Sehun with a red bow stuck on his forehead.

 

The scene looked strangely familiar. When Sehun announced “Tadaa,” Luhan realized that this was what he did to Sehun Christmas morning.

 

I'm your present,” Sehun said with a smug grin.

 

Do you come with a receipt?”

 

Sehun raised his brow. “No...Why?”

 

Just in case I want to return you,” Luhan replied with a sweet smile.

 

Yah!”

 

Luhan laughed as Sehun looked at him incredulously. “I'm kidding,” Luhan said as he cupped Sehun's cheeks. I can never let you go.

 

So what exactly can I do with you?”

 

Anything you want.”

 

Anything?” Luhan asked, his arms already circling around Sehun's waist.

 

Yea – really?” Sehun asked when Luhan rested his head in between Sehun's neck and shoulder. He was unable to believe that what Luhan wanted to do was sleep.

 

Yeah,” Luhan said with a drawn out yawn. “You said anything.”

 

Sehun huffed and wrapped his arms around Luhan. “I did..But this isn't very exciting...”

 

Luhan smirked. “What did you have in mind?”

 

Nothing,” Sehun answered right away, his voice cracking a bit. He immediately cleared his throat. “Nothing. This is fine too.”

 

Luhan hid his face in Sehun's shirt and hugged Sehun closer because this really was the best way to start his birthday. A few silent minutes later, Luhan mumbled, “Thanks, Sehun-ah.”

 

You're welcome,” Sehun said, his fingers running through Luhan's hair.

 

You're the best present I've ever received,” Luhan admits.

 

And though he couldn't see it, he knew that Sehun was probably grinning like an idiot after hearing his words.

 

You even topped the first bike my parents got me,” Luhan continued.

 

Sehun scoffed. He replied, with extra sarcasm, “Nice to know I can beat out a bike.”

 

Not just any bike - my favorite bike. It was a shiny red and the metal bars were silver and there was this little horn that I would use to honk at people passing by.”

 

And I beat that? Wow,” Sehun said, unamused.

 

Luhan giggled at his boyfriend's unenthusiastic response. “Yeah, it's safe to say that being with you makes me happier than when I had that bike.”

 

Because I can do this?” Sehun lifted Luhan's chin up so he could press their lips together.

 

When they later separated for air, Luhan smiled and shook his head. “No. It's because I won't outgrow you.”

 

Noticing the confusion on Sehun's face, Luhan continued, “Years from now, when we're old and wrinkly, you'll still be my Sehun.”

 

Luhan then entwined their fingers. “Your hand will always fit perfectly with mine. Like it was meant to be.”

 

Sehun gave his hand a squeeze. “Speak for yourself. I'm never going to be wrinkly.”

 

With a smile, Luhan bumped his forehead against Sehun's. “Sehun-ah, people already think you look older than me.”

 

That has nothing to do with wrinkles.”

 

Okay fine. You won't get any wrinkles, so you'll just be the hot old guy.”

 

Sehun nodded in agreement. “That's more accurate.”

 

You'll still love me right? Even with all my wrinkles?”

 

Sehun gazed into Luhan's eyes for a second before he smiled. “Unfortunately.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened. “Unfortunately?? What do you mean --”

 

With a chuckle, Sehun rolled Luhan over so that he now towered over the older one. “Kidding.” He kissed Luhan slowly to let him know that if anything, he'll be the luckiest guy in the world to be able to love Luhan years from now.

 

I'll consider myself fortunate if I'm still able to love you in a hundred years – wrinkles and all,” Sehun admitted with a smile that could melt Luhan's heart.

 

Luhan looped his arms tightly around Sehun's neck and grinned. “You could have left the wrinkle part out.”

 

Nahhh,” Sehun said with a grin that matched his. “Gotta keep it real.”

 

Luhan laughed when Sehun started peppering his face with soft kisses.

 

I love you so much, Sehun-ah,” Luhan said breathlessly.

 

That's obvious.”

 

Aishhhh.”

 

******

Being a light sleeper, Sehun immediately heard the bedroom door open, and he would have grabbed the bat under his bed and assaulted the intruders if he hadn't known who they were.

 

Sehun just pulled Luhan closer to him and tried to ignore the giggling and whispering from his hyungs.

 

God, they look so cute like that,” Baekhyun squealed.

 

Should we take a picture?” Chanyeol asked, not even trying to keep his voice down.

 

Yeah! Let's take it on Luhan hyung's phone so we can set it as his wallpaper so that when.....” Sehun couldn't hear the rest of what Baekhyun said because the boy started whispering all of a sudden.

 

Could you two get out?” Sehun growled.

 

Holy Sehun! Don't scare us like that!”

 

We almost dropped the cake!”

 

Ca-Cake?” Luhan murmured. Sehun groaned. You got to be kidding me.

 

Sehun squeezed his eyes shut and prayed that what he heard was just his imagination and that Luhan was still peacefully asleep in his arms.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUNG!” Baekyeol hollered before hopping on Sehun's bed, disrupting the peace.

 

Sehun should have known that when cake is involved, Luhan wouldn't be asleep for long – which was why he could only frown when the older boy quickly sat up.

 

Oooo! Cake!”

 

Don't make the fact that you like cake more than me so obvious Bambi,” Sehun said with eyes still closed and arms still waiting for Luhan to lay back down.

 

That's not true,” Luhan said before he leaned down and gave Sehun a peck on the cheek. “I like you just a little more.”

 

Jeez thanks,” Sehun mumbled, trying to keep the stupid grin that he usually has when Luhan kisses him from surfacing.

 

There goes our maknae again – being jealous of pastries,” Baekhyun commented, playfully slapping Sehun in the .

 

Yah! I thought I locked the door!”

 

You did. We picked it,” Chanyeol answered matter-of-factly.

 

I should get a restraining order next time.”

 

That wouldn't make any sense – we live together,” Baekhyun stated, shaking his head. 

 

Argh! Just get out!”

 

Never!”

 

Ignore him. Now hyung, do you want us to sing the birthday song now or later,” Chanyeol asked, and Sehun could practically hear the excitement oozing from his voice.

 

Please pick later,” Sehun said with arms covering his face.

 

Later,” Sehun heard Luhan replied. Thank goodness.

 

Okay fine. Now hyung make a wish and blow out your candles.”

 

Okay!”

 

After Luhan blew the candles, Baekyeol clapped and hugged him – all three of them ignoring Sehun's presence.

 

Are you ready for the best birthday party ever?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Yes!” Luhan replied enthusiastically. Honestly, Sehun is amazed at how awake Luhan sounds – is this all because of the cake?

 

After Sehun leaves for work, we can go get some last minute stuff from the store and then we'll get the others to decorate,” Baekhyun said.

 

Do we have to wait till Sehun leaves? Can't we go now?” Chanyeol asked, hopping in anticipation.

 

Sehun whipped the blanket off and glared at the two. “No. I like to see my boyfriend before I leave. Thank you very much,” he snapped.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol's jaws dropped when they caught sight of –

 

Whoa. Hyung, didn't know you were such an....animal,” Baekhyun remarked slowly, eyes scanning Sehun's torso.

 

Luhan turned to look at what the couple was staring at and his eyes widened in horror (embarrassment) before he quickly covered his face. What's the matter with him?

 

Sweet Bambi by day. Wild deer by night,” Chanyeol said with a greasy smile.

 

Sehun looked down at his chest and realized that they were talking about the red marks that Luhan had left behind. Oh.

 

Sehun, can you put on a shirt?” Luhan pleaded, his face still hidden behind his hands.

 

But you're wearing my shirt.”

 

Baekyeol snickered and Luhan groaned. “Fine. I'll go get another shirt.” Sehun got up to walk to the closet, and as soon as he was out of sight, he could hear Baekyeol congratulating Luhan for reasons he rather not discuss.

 

When Sehun returned, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were on either side of Luhan, whispering into his ears. It reminded Sehun of the cartoons where there would be an angel on one side and a devil on the other, each trying to persuade the main character to do whatever it is they believed to be right.

 

Except in this case, Luhan had two devils on either side of him.

 

Whatever it is they're telling you, don't do it,” Sehun said as he stepped forward and moved the cake from the bed to the nightstand. It was a small blue cake with a little Bambi figure on it and on the deer were two canaries, which were probably supposed to symbolize Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Sehun rolled his eyes because even on a cake, the pair had to attach themselves to Luhan.

 

You don't even know what we're talking about,” Baekhyun said indignantly.

 

No. But I know you. Whatever it is, it's not good.”

 

Shhh,” Chanyeol shushed him before turning to smile at Luhan. “So it's a deal hyung?”

 

Luhan looked towards Sehun for a second, uncertainty in his eyes, before he nodded. “Deal.”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun high-fived as Luhan continued to look at Sehun.

 

Why does it feel like you sold your soul to them?” Sehun asked, eyes glued to his boyfriend as he kicked Chanyeol off the bed.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Don't exaggerate Sehun. We wouldn't want just his soul --”

 

We want the full package – mind, body, and soul,” Chanyeol finished with a creepy grin that caused Sehun to shudder.

 

Now continue being lovey dovey with each other, we're leaving,” Baekhyun said with smile. He gave Luhan an affectionate rub on the back before he turned to leave. He waited by the doorway for Chanyeol to follow. “Today is going to be awesome hyung!”

 

When they left, Sehun immediately pinned Luhan down on the bed, forcing both his hands above his head.

 

Tell me everything. What was the deal?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Sehun-ah, it's nothing serious.”

 

If this is about the sleepover idea they suggested the other day – you can tell them hell no.”

 

Luhan smiled. “It's not that.”

 

Then what is it?”

 

You'll see,” Luhan said with an anxious smile. “You should get ready for work now.”

 

Sehun stared at Luhan for a second longer, still trying to read the meaning behind that smile. Eventually, he released his grip. “Text me if anything happens.”

 

Mhm. Don't be late for the party.”

 

I'll try not to.”

 

Luhan looped his arms around Sehun's neck and brought him down for a sweet kiss. “I'll see you later, Sehun-ah.”

 

Though still worried about what Baekyeol has planned, Sehun smiled. “Yeah.”

 

 

******

To say that Jinho was nervous was a complete understatement. He's a sweaty mess. Here he is walking up the driveway to Luhan and Sehun's house, his present in hand, his heart beating annoyingly fast. This was the first time he'll be entering their place and he honestly doesn't know why he's so terrified.

 

Maybe it was the thought of seeing Luhan and Sehun in their home – where they're most comfortable.

 

Maybe it was the anticipation of seeing Luhan open his present – which he hopes the boy likes.

 

Maybe it was the possibility of confronting Baekhyun and Chanyeol again – he had a feeling they would be harsher towards him considering it is their home turf. But then again, he doesn't think they would do anything to ruin Luhan's birthday.

 

It could also be a combination of those things.

 

Well, whatever it was, he was about to find out. He pressed the doorbell, and within seconds, a beaming Baekhyun opened the door, fruit drink in hand and neck completely covered in leis.

 

When he saw who was at the door, the smile on his face immediately disappeared.

 

Oh. It's you,” Baekhyun said, not even bothering to hide his displeasure.

 

Yeah.”

 

They stood there for an awkward four seconds before Baekhyun moved out of the way and said briskly, “Are you going to just stand there? Get in.”

 

Jinho stepped in, slightly shocked that Baekhyun didn't say anything else. Maybe they really were going to leave him alone for the night.

 

The party is out in the backyard,” Baekhyun said, brushing past him after he closed the door.

 

Hm. Okay.”

 

Jinho looked around and he couldn't help but think – ah so this is where Luhan lives. This is what he sees everyday.

 

He was amazed by how grand everything was, how expensive the décor was. Yet, the house didn't give off an obnoxious luxury vibe. It was warm and inviting. Spacious and homey. Definitely something worth envying over. A small voice in his head told him that it was infinitely better than his small apartment.

 

When he got in the kitchen, the first thing he noticed were the bright colored notes on the fridge. He couldn't stop and read them, but he had a feeling he knew who wrote them.

 

Finally, stepping outside, Jinho was taken aback by what he saw.

 

The multicolored banner with the word “PARADISE” hung between two inflatable palm trees, right above the guests. The entire backyard was decorated according to the theme of the party. Inflatable palm trees with blinking lights surrounded the premises. Tables and chairs were covered in Hawaiian print fabric. The food table was completely covered with fruits and sweets one would find at a tropical getaway. There was a barbecue grill towards the back, where most people were currently crowding around trying to get their steak ribs. There was a small DJ table to the side where Jinho recognized two of the guys standing around – Suho and Lay. There were quite a lot of people – Luhan is popular after all. All the guests had leis on, and although most were not aware of the theme beforehand (Jinho included), there were quite a few guys dressed in Hawaiian shirts and Bermuda shorts. Jinho guessed they were probably the other members that lived in the house.

 

Jinho!”

 

Jinho turned to the source of the voice and instantly smiled when the birthday boy himself came over. Luhan was wearing a glittery gold crown with the words “Birthday Boy” inscribed at the top and a Hawaiian shirt that read “Party in Paradise.” What made the ensemble better was the wide smile on Luhan's face – the smile that reached his eyes.

 

I'm so happy you could make it!” Luhan exclaimed, clapping his hands jubilantly.

 

I wouldn't miss your birthday hyung,” Jinho said, hands clutching his small birthday gift.

 

Where is your lei?” Luhan asked, pointing to his own set of leis.

 

Uhh. Uhh.”

 

Baekhyun walked by, clearly hearing the conversation, but instead of offering Jinho one of the many leis he had around his neck, he simply flipped his hair and walked over to where Chanyeol was currently entertaining a few guests.

 

Here. You can have one of mine.” Luhan took off one of his lei and placed it over Jinho's head.

 

Before Jinho could thank him, Luhan's eyes wondered to the gift in Jinho's hands and he immediately beamed. “You didn't have to get me anything!”

 

I want to,” Jinho said, passing the gift to Luhan. “I hope you like it.”

 

Can I open it now?” Luhan asked as he turned the rectangular box over, inspecting it.

 

I don't see why not.”

 

Luhan bit his lip in anticipation as he unwrapped the gift. Jinho could feel his heart rate picking up as Luhan got closer to finding out what was inside. I hope he likes it.

 

Luhan's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “Two tickets to Seoul's National Art & Photography Exhibit!?”

 

Uh huh. I know you really wanted to --”

 

Luhan cuts him off with a tight hug, completely catching him and his heart off guard.

 

Oh Jinho! Thank you! Thank you! I can't believe you actually got these!”

 

Somewhere Baekhyun was probably cursing up a storm. But right now, Jinho didn't care.

 

This was probably the best feeling in the world – having someone you care so much about this close to you, hugging you.

 

It's a nice feeling.

 

Uh – I – Um – Yeah. You're we-welcome,” Jinho spluttered when Luhan had finally released him, still trying to regain his senses.

 

And though his heart was still reeling over the hug, nothing stopped him from feeling crushed when Luhan said, “I can't wait to show Sehun! He's always telling me he'll take me to one of the shows, but he never has time. But now that I have two tickets, he has to go with me!”

 

Jinho knew that for sure Luhan would give the second ticket to Sehun – there was no doubt about it. He didn't even dare dream that Luhan would give him the ticket instead. It was obvious that Luhan would rather see the exhibit with his boyfriend than with anybody else. Jinho knew this. He did.

 

But it was still disappointing nonetheless.

 

Yeah. I hope you two have fun.”

 

We will!” Luhan placed the tickets into his pockets and looked over to the food table. “Are you hungry?”

 

Uh. Y-yeah,” Jinho replied rather awkwardly. Great. You sound like an idiot.

 

He and Luhan walked over to the table, but before Luhan could suggest what he should eat first, Baekhyun swooped in and dragged Luhan away, claiming that since he was the birthday boy, he should mingle with the others.

 

Jinho saw it for what it really was – an excuse to take Luhan away.

 

The party continued with Jinho and Luhan being separated from each other thanks to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The two would magically appear whenever Luhan looked as though he was heading towards Jinho's direction. Though he would frown whenever it happened, Jinho had to admit – the couple's interception skills are impeccable.

 

Jinho did however got to meet the other members of the house after Suho and Lay introduced them to him. And he was right – they were the guys that were appropriately dressed for the party. They were all really nice guys with different personalities. Jinho could see why Luhan's eyes always light up when he talks about his housemates.

 

He was chatting with Xiumin (whom he really liked talking to because of his friendliness) when he spotted Luhan dancing in the center of the circle that formed. Automatically, a small smile made its way across his face. The older boy was trying to hula, and the sight of it was simply too adorable, he couldn't look away.

 

Can't believe Sehun is missing this,” Xiumin commented, bringing Jinho's attention back to him.

 

Right. Sehun.

 

He couldn't take a day off?” Jinho asked curiously. He had thought that Sehun, of all people, would definitely be there for Luhan on his birthday no matter what.

 

Xiumin shook his head. “He took a lot of days off already. Like whenever Luhan gets sick or like the day after Luhan was caught in that storm. He probably tried, but I guess his boss didn't think he should. He's pretty popular at his workplace.”

 

For a split second, Jinho felt bad for Sehun – that he was missing out. But he quickly realized that with the amount of videos being taken at this party, Sehun could easily re-watch any of these moments later.

 

And it's not like he doesn't have Luhan to tell him about everything that happened.

 

Sehun will be fine. Jinho, on the other hand, should worry about himself.

 

Jinho took a sip of his coconut drink and sighed. Pathetic.

 

GUESS WHO'S FINALLY HERE?!?” Baekhyun shouted when he spotted Sehun stepping out into the yard. Everyone's attention turned to Sehun, who gave a small wave despite feeling uncomfortable with all the staring directed his way.

 

Sehun-ah!” Luhan sprinted from where he was to where Sehun was standing, effortlessly jumping into his boyfriend's arms.

 

Took you long enough!” Luhan scolded Sehun, who merely smiled.

 

Hey to you too,” Sehun murmured as he leaned in to give his boyfriend a quick smooch.

 

Luhan basically forgot about Sehun missing half his party after that. The boy entwined their fingers and led Sehun to the food table – clearly on a mission to feed his boyfriend first.

 

Makes you want to envy them huh?” Xiumin said, causing Jinho to look at him.

 

Jinho was about to ask him if he looked like he was gawking at them when Xiumin smiled and said, “Everyone gawks at them.”

 

Xiumin looked towards the couple who were currently talking to a guy and girl Jinho recognized as the president and vice president of the music club.

 

But even if you envy what they have, you're still incredibly happy for them,” Xiumin said. “They have the type of love that no one should come in between.”

 

No one should come in between.....

 

Uh yeah....”

 

Though it was now getting dark, the lights strung along the palm trees kept the party lit and alive. Music was still playing, and people were still having a great time. The main event had not happened yet. Everyone was waiting for the cake and the chance to wish Luhan a Happy Birthday.

 

Jinho was standing near the table with the drinks, sipping his coconut juice (it was his 5th) when Sehun appeared next to him.

 

Having fun?” Sehun asked, picking up a coconut of his own. He placed a straw into the hole that was already made and started drinking.

 

Yeah,” Jinho replied, suddenly feeling self-conscious.

 

I can't believe they did all of this...”

 

By they, you mean Baekhyun and Chanyeol?”

 

Yeah.” Sehun chuckled. “No expense is spared when it comes to them making sure Lu's birthday is the best.”

 

Sehun's eyes wondered to where Luhan was – talking and laughing with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

I'm surprised they didn't hire a fire eater,” Sehun remarked, eyes still glued to his boyfriend.

 

You'll never know. The night is still young.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “True.”

 

They didn't say anything else after that. Both them taking sips of their drinks. Both unaware that they had eyes for only one person – the same person.

 

Hey Jinho,” Sehun finally spoke, causing Jinho to look at him curiously.

 

Hm?”

 

A long pause followed before Sehun spoke again. “How do you feel about Luhan?”

 

.......”

 

Sehun turned to look at him, eyes searching Jinho's.

 

It almost felt like he was being scrutinized.

 

He could feel his face heating up and beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

 

Jinho did not expect this at all. Why was Sehun asking him this out of nowhere? What does he want to hear? Does he...?

 

He's cool,” Jinho finally answered, hoping that this was enough.

 

The way Sehun looked at him told him that no, that was not enough. In fact, it looked as if Sehun was disappointed in his answer.

 

Sehun took a deep breath before he hit Jinho with the question that Jinho wanted to avoid at all cost.

 

How do you feel about him being with me?”

 

W-where is this coming from? Why is he asking this now? What is going on?

 

W-what do you mean?”

 

How do you feel about us together?” Sehun reiterated, his tone firm.

 

Why are you asking?”

 

Just curious. You know since we're friends and all. I wanted to know how you felt about my relationship.”

 

There has to be something more to this. Something deeper, Jinho thought as he looked directly into Sehun's eyes.

 

Jinho blinked and looked down for a second before he put on a smile. What he said next was true – at the beginning....

 

I think it's great that you're together. He brings out a side of you, I've never seen before, and I think that's special.....Definitely worth keeping.”

 

The last part was excruciatingly difficult.

 

He wondered if Sehun could tell how hard it was for him to openly say things he no longer believes in.

 

Thanks man,” Sehun said, giving him a small pat on the back.

 

Apparently not.

 

I'm glad you said that because it means something to me. You know you were my only friend when we were young, and I always take your opinions into consideration. And to know that you support my relationship feels.....” Sehun looked over to where Luhan was. “Nice,” he finished.

 

Jinho didn't dare look directly at Sehun when he heard that, nor did he dare to glance towards Luhan's direction.

 

No matter how he looked at it, he just lied to Sehun. He gave Sehun the false impression that he's behind their relationship, that he supports it 100%.

 

Which couldn't be more far from the truth...

 

I don't think I can handle the thought of losing him,” Sehun said truthfully.

 

Jinho should feel sad or at least pity for his friend who just confessed to the difficulty of possibly losing his lover, but no, he feels neither.

 

It's over.

 

It's no longer what ifs or maybes.

 

Jinho is undoubtedly the worst friend Sehun has in his life.

 

Then don't think about it. You're still together. Enjoy that,” Jinho said, further proving to himself that he's the bad guy.

 

I guess you're right. We are.”

 

Yeah.” You are.

 

Sehun-ah!” Luhan came over, the crown on his head now lopsided from all the dancing he did. “Sehun-ah, since it's my birthday, you'll do anything for me right?”

 

Sehun placed his coconut drink down on the table and crossed his arms. “This sounds sketchy.”

 

Luhan grabbed his arm and pouted – Jinho could tell immediately that this was the aegyo Sehun would tell him about. The aegyo that got Luhan anything he wanted.

 

Sehun-ahh. Just say yes.”

 

Sehun raised his brow. “Tell me what it is first then I'll think about it.”

 

I think you should just agree to it,” Jinho interjected, casting Luhan a smile. “It is his birthday.”

 

Luhan beamed at Jinho while Sehun contemplated on whether he should go with it or not. “Fine. I'll do anything,” Sehun finally said, uncrossing his arms. “Now what is it?”

 

COUPLES LIMBO CONTEST!” Baekyeol shouted from the middle of the yard.

 

Luhan batted his lashes and smiled at Sehun.

 

No way. You got to be kidding.” Sehun shook his head. “Nope. No. I'm not doing that.”

 

You already said yes,” Luhan argued, hands tugging Sehun's own. “You can't back out now. Besides, I already made a deal with them.”

 

That was the deal?!”

 

Luhan nodded. “Sehun-ahh, come on, it won't be that bad.”

 

But what is Couples Limbo?! I can barely bend over backwards!”

 

You'll be fine,” Luhan assured as he dragged Sehun away. Sehun shot Jinho a look that screamed HELP ME!

 

Sadly, Jinho doesn't think anybody can help Sehun in this case.

 

After everyone gathered around the middle where Baekhyun and Chanyeol had set up the poles, the pair introduced the rules of the game. One partner has to carry the other person as they passed under the bar and when the bar gets low enough, the couple would both pass under it holding hands. Sounds easy enough, but judging from the expressions the couples had on, none of them thought so.

 

What made it more entertaining was the fact that they were playing to win an ukulele.

 

Jinho could see from where he was standing that Sehun was still trying to convince Luhan not to participate. From the looks of it, he was unsuccessful.

 

All of the couples present at the party (Suho and Lay, Baekhyun and Chanyeol included) started lining up behind the bar which was set at 170 centimeters for starters. When the music started playing, they each picked up their partner (in most cases, the smaller one) and started the limbo game.

 

A few of the couples didn't even make it past the first round. Suho and Lay made it to the third round before Suho finally lost the energy in his legs and was forced to withdraw. Baekhyun and Chanyeol past each round effortlessly. It's probably because they suggested the game, so they must have practiced. How else would a tall lanky guy like Chanyeol easily lean backwards while carrying someone like Baekhyun? After the fourth round, a few people were coughing “rigged” whenever the couple successfully pass.

 

As for Luhan and Sehun..... well Luhan was having a great time. Sehun – not so much. The first thing that would come out of Sehun's mouth whenever it was their turn and after he picked Luhan up was “You got to stop eating cake!”

 

Luhan would simply wiggle his legs around to give Sehun a harder time. And though it looked like he felt a bit bad about Sehun having to carry him, Luhan started smiling wider when the guests laughed at Sehun's contorted face, evidence of his struggle.

 

Interesting part was that even though Sehun complained about Luhan's weight and how he hated limbo, he put in a tremendous amount of effort to pass each round.

 

Jinho thinks it has something to do with the proud look on Luhan's face and the small kiss Luhan would give him every time they passed a round.

 

The final round was a match between Baekhyun-Chanyeol, Luhan-Sehun, and the president-vice president (who Jinho found out were named Hongki and Mina). The bar was set at 100 centimeters, and this time the couples had to pass while holding hands. Hongki and Mina were up first, and unfortunately, they lost, but the crowd cheered them on. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were next, and honestly, it amazes Jinho (and everybody else) how Chanyeol was able to make it this far in the game. Surprisingly, they both passed with ease. When it was Sehun and Luhan's turn, everyone's anticipation level skyrocketed because they were the main couple – the couple who stood a chance at beating Baekhyun and Chanyeol. With fingers laced, Sehun and Luhan both went low, leaning back to avoid touching the bar, and they were almost there. They just had to get their heads past the bar to tie with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. But sadly, Luhan couldn't hold up his upper body in their uncomfortable position and he fell back with an adorable yelp and a “Sehun-ah!”

 

Awwww,” the guests cooed when Sehun helped Luhan up and dusted off his clothes. Luhan grinned and hugged his boyfriend. The words “Thanks Sehun-ah” and “You did great” could be heard from the smaller boy.

 

Being the hosts for the game, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had no choice but to hand the prize ukulele over to themselves. Baekhyun was about to start giving his acceptance speech when Kris blasted the music, preventing Baekhyun from being heard.

 

Towards the end of the party, Sehun left Luhan's side for a moment, and Jinho knew exactly where he went.

 

Seconds later, Sehun came back with a big cake that had a picture of Luhan on it and edible objects that Jinho presumed represented Luhan's likes and interests. There was a deer, a tiny camera, a soccer ball, a stack of DVDs, a sand castle, small replicas of cupcakes and candies, and of course a figure that resembled Sehun. And all around the cake was red icing that wrapped around like red strings on a white canvas.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUHAN,” everyone shouted after singing the birthday song.

 

Luhan, whose eyes were glistening, blew out his candles and clapped along with everyone. “Thanks guys,” Luhan said, sounding especially touched.

 

Baekhyun, who was sniffing next to Luhan, squeezed Luhan's shoulders and hugged him like a proud parent. That sparked the hug session in which Luhan went around and hugged all the guests, except Jinho that is. When the boy approached him, Baekhyun conveniently popped up and demanded Luhan taste a piece of his birthday cake. Unable to say no to cake, Luhan grinned and took the plate before hurrying off to find Sehun, who was hanging with Kai and Kyungsoo on the other side.

 

Baekhyun's eyes met Jinho's and for a second, Jinho thought the other boy would smirk, but he didn't. Instead, he walked away with a blank expression. It made Jinho feel even worse than if he had smirked at him.

 

It was past midnight when people started leaving, and the house members began cleaning up. Jinho, who decided that he should help, bent over and picked up a few cups off the ground. He was throwing them away when Sehun came over and told him that it was okay, he shouldn't have to clean up. Though Jinho had insisted, Sehun politely told him to leave it and enjoy the rest of his night.

 

Going back into the house, Jinho went into the bathroom and washed his hands. He turned off the lights and stepped out of the bathroom. Suddenly, he heard giggles coming from the kitchen. He stopped.

 

Did you have fun?” Sehun asked.

 

Mhm. Best party ever,” Luhan replied, most likely grinning as well.

 

How is it possible that you're a year older yet you look nothing like your age,” Sehun questioned.

 

Because I'm blessed. Are you jealous?” came Luhan's quirky reply.

 

Sehun snorted. “As if. No one wants to look like a preteen forever.”

 

Oh, but you don't mind loving a person who does.”

 

That's different.”

 

In what way?”

 

I'm not the one being called cute every day.”

 

That's not true. Stop exaggerating. I don't get called cute every day.”

 

Okay, every other day.”

 

Heeeyyyy.”

 

Sehun laughed and Luhan said, somewhat irritatedly, “Don't laugh, Sehun-ah.”

 

Eh. Can't help it,” was the last thing Jinho heard Sehun say before it got quiet. Jinho wondered if the couple left the kitchen, but he had a strong impression that they didn't.

 

And he knew he shouldn't go, but his feet led him to the kitchen anyways. He really should just leave. Should just get out of here before he feels worse about himself and his situation.

 

He should. But he didn't.

 

When he entered the kitchen, he instantly regretted walking in.

 

What he saw was Luhan, pressed against the refrigerator, with arms wrapped around Sehun, who had his hands on Luhan's hips – their lips locked.

 

Urgh,” was the stupid noise that Jinho had unconsciously released.

 

Luhan immediately pulled away from Sehun, his face incredibly red, but Jinho couldn't tell if it was because he was caught in the middle of an intimate moment with Sehun, or because of the kiss itself.

 

Jinho. I thought you left already,” Luhan said shyly.

 

At least he had the decency to feel embarrassed about the situation.

 

Sehun, on the other hand, couldn't hide his annoyance at being interrupted.

 

I-uh-wanted to say bye to you before I leave,” Jinho said, lying on the spot. He had shamefully gotten better at it.

 

Oh okay. Do you want us to walk you out?”

 

No, it's fine. Just wanted to tell you that I had fun. Thanks for inviting me.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Of course! I'm glad you had fun.”

 

Yeah man,” Sehun added, casually draping an arm over Luhan's shoulder. “Anytime.”

 

Jinho cleared his throat. “Well, I'm leaving...Bye.”

 

Bye,” the couple said, waving as Jinho turned to leave.

 

Unable to get the image of what he just witnessed out of his head, Jinho mentally cursed himself.

 

He really should have left.

 

He shouldn't have walked in.

 

Shouldn't walk into their lives.

 

It would have been better for everyone involved, Jinho thought as he closed the front door behind him and began his journey home. His hands were cold, yet his heart was burning.

 

As much as he wished he could unsee, he knows he can't.

 

There's no way.

 

He can't go back either.

 

And most importantly, there was no way for Jinho to simply unfeel.....

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ HEYYYYYYY I'M BACK!!! :D How is everyone?! Hope you're doing well. I was busy with school and finals, so that was why I hadn't been able to update. But I'm on break now, so expect more updates! Yay! 

 

Long chapter for the long wait. I hope you liked it. It was interesting to write - I was stuck for a really long time, but I'm glad I got it done! Somehow, I made Jinho's character a bit creepy..Lol...Or am I the only one who feels that way? Iono. I didn't want him to be such a good guy - especially not with the circumstances. It's exciting to see him admit that he's the bad guy. But then it's like "Are you going to do something about it?!" Hhahaha. Yeah most likely. Ahem. 

 

Baekyeol and Hunhan forever! And I say this alot, but I really love writing their dialogue. It's simply too sweet and asfhagjhkl adorable. Awkward moment when Jinho walks in on them making out against the fridge - LOLLLLLLL. Sorry. I had to. It was awesome, and I regret nothing. Hahah. 

 

Next chapter - the gift Jinho gave Luhan will come into play and uh let's say it's not looking too good for Hunhan. 

 

Thanks guys for patiently waiting! ♥

 

P.s. in case you don't know what a lei looks like - just wreaths of flowers.