The Sign

All I Care About

 

For the whole week, both teams were diligently preparing for the fundraiser. Sehun's team was hosting a mini concert for the student body with the girls in charge of selling tickets and the boys in charge of putting the show together. For the performances, the club president had suggested that Sehun composed a few songs, and since he couldn't sing or play anything besides the keyboard, Sehun agreed. With that, Sehun spent most of his free time writing in his notebook, constantly coming up with ideas. Thankfully, there were amazing singers and guitar players on his team, so Sehun wasn't all that worried about whether or not his team was going to win.

 

As for Luhan's team, he had no idea what they have planned. No freaking clue. Luhan told him that it was a “secret” and that it won't be revealed till the day of. Sehun snorted and tried to tickle the truth out of his boyfriend – it regretfully didn't work.

 

Friday came and Sehun couldn't hide his excitement. The posters and flyers for Team A's mini concert littered the school. The students were all looking forward to the concert that was to be held later tonight, so tickets were selling fast. At this rate, there was no way Team A was going to lose. Right?

 

So the money raised from the concert will be used to pay for your MT?” Baekhyun asked when he and Chanyeol met up with Sehun in the library.

 

Yes.”

 

And you still have no idea what Luhan hyung's team is doing?”

 

Correct.”

 

The Baekyeol couple looked at each other and smiled. “Well, we do,” they singsonged.

 

What? You know what they're doing?”

 

Luhan hyung told us.”

 

Sehun stared at them with his mouth wide open. It's a secret, eh? Oh Bambi, just wait till I get a hold of you.

 

Care to elaborate?”

 

No can do, maknae. You, like the rest of the student body, will find out soon enough.” Chanyeol flashed him his signature toothy grin. Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Yeah, and if I could say anything, it would be that it will be a tight race,” Baekhyun stated as he flipped through the book he had in front of him, not really reading anything on the page. Sehun knew they're not really here to study. His hyungs were probably here to psych him.

 

As long as both team raise a lot of money, I'm fine.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “That's nice. You sure you won't be a little sad when your team loses?”

 

When?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Since we know what Luhan's team is doing, we can proudly tell you that we think he's going to win.”

 

Oh, thanks hyung,” Sehun said sarcastically.

 

No problem. The house members also made a bet on who was going to win between the two of you, and it was 6 to 4 in Luhan's favor.”

 

Sehun shrugged. “I guess those 4 who voted for me are now my favorite hyungs.”

 

Baekyeol laughed, causing the other students around them to shush the two. Sehun went back to working on his assignment, pretending that he wasn't a part of their group. Why am I always stuck with these two?

 

Baekhyun propped his chin on his hand and stared at Sehun, analyzing him.

 

What?”

 

Tell me honestly – who would you rather have win? Luhan hyung or yourself?”

 

Surprised by the question, Sehun spluttered, “I-I..uh...I guess...”

 

Who do I want to win?

 

A part of him, the competitive side with pride on the line, really wants to win, but another part of him, the part that loves Luhan more than anything, knows that if he wins, Luhan will be slightly disappointed. And seeing Luhan sad would most definitely hurt Sehun. I guess that's my answer.

 

Luhan hyung,” Sehun answered firmly.

 

Hmm. I guess you're not completely helpless.” Baekhyun grinned at him.

 

I'm not helpless

 

Luhan hyung, over here!” Chanyeol beckoned the said boy towards their table. Spotting them, Luhan made his way towards their table in record time and plopped down next to Sehun, visibly frustrated.

 

What's wrong, hyung?” Chanyeol took the question right out of Sehun's mouth.

 

Oh, nothing...Just that I found out that you can't enter the residence hall without a special keycard. So I printed these extra flyers” He stuck his hand into his backpack and pulled out a huge stack of rosy pink flyers, “for nothing!”

 

You couldn't find someone who would lend you their keycard?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Luhan shook his head. “None of my team members live in the dorms, so there is no way for me to get in, which , because I was really hoping to give these out.” He pouted and placed his head down on the table, and Baekhyun reached over and his hair, telling him that it'll be fine.

 

While that was taking place, Sehun grabbed one of the flyers and read the words:

 

~~A DAY WITH AN ANGEL ~~

Saturday at Noon

Be there for the chance of a lifetime

-Your Angel Awaits

 

Sehun stared at the flyer, not knowing how to respond to the photo of his smiling boyfriend with photoshopped wings. Should he laugh? Should he cringe? Should he worry?

 

W-what is this?”

 

Realizing that Sehun had taken one of the flyers, Luhan blushed and quickly snatched it away from him. “It's a flyer for Team B's event.”

 

Sehun huffed. “I know what it is, but what does 'A Day With An Angel' even mean? What are you going to do?”

 

I guess you'll have to purchase a ticket and find out.” Luhan gave him an impish grin, any indication of his previous frustration long gone.

 

I-I have to PAY to spend a day with my boyfriend? My OWN boyfriend?” Sehun looked at his boyfriend as if Luhan had just told him that he didn't like cakes anymore. What is wrong with this world?

 

Yes. Absolutely no boyfriend discounts. I have to be a fair business person. And did I mention that I already paid for a ticket to attend your concert?”

 

Fine. I'll pay, but at least tell me what you're going to be doing? It feels like you're selling

 

I am not selling myself. I am raising money for a cause. Big difference.” Luhan glared at him, daring him to disagree.

 

Not one to give in so easily, Sehun looked his boyfriend straight in the eyes and said, “I swear if anyone gets even the slightest bit handsy with you, I will end them.”

 

Oooooooo maknae has a bite. Feisty,” Baekyeol couple cooed, clearly enjoying the show.

 

Ignoring the two, Luhan sighed and said, “It's not that kind of event. It's purely PG. I promise.”

 

It better be. “Good. I will be there then.”

 

Yeah, well I'm not expecting a big turnout anyway. If I can't get these flyers to the people who stay in the dormitories, it would be a waste.”

 

Don't you guys have flyers around the school?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Yes we do, but since we got ours printed later than we hoped, most of the bulletins were taken up by Sehun's team.” He glanced at Sehun when he said the last part.

 

So what are you going to do with all these extra flyers?”

 

Luhan bit his bottom lip. “Recycle them, I guess..” Sehun knew that Luhan was trying his best not to show how he was feeling extremely letdown.

 

Luhan got up and walked to the recycle bin that was placed against the wall and dropped the flyers in.

 

I got classes, so I'll see you guys later. Oh and Sehun-ah, in case I don't see you before the performance, good luck! I know it's going to be great.” Luhan smiled at him before waving to Baekyeol and exiting the library.

 

Ugh. Why am I such a er for him?

 

Sehun got up and retrieved all the flyers that Luhan had thrown away, mentally telling himself that he really was a devoted boyfriend.

 

Eyeing him with curiosity, Baekhyun asked, “What are you planning on doing with those?”

 

Pass them out. What else?”

 

He stuffed the stack of flyers in his backpack and texted one of his teammates, asking the guy if he could borrow his dormitory keycard.

 

And so for two hours before his team's performance was to be held, Sehun was passing out Team B's flyers to the people who stayed in the dorms. He even made sure to knock on every door on each floor, and considering how the building had 15 floors, it was a miracle he even got it done before the night ended.

 

Rushing back to the courtyard, where his team had already set up a stage and the audience was already waiting, Sehun was met with a frantic club president.

 

Sehun! Where were you?! It's almost show time and you just now showed up?”

 

Sorry. I had something to do.”

 

Was it more important than our performance?”

 

Sehun was going to say, “Yes,” but he was interrupted by the lead singer, asking him if he could come fix this little arrangement he had on his music sheet. “Sure. Let me see.”

 

When the show finally started, Sehun couldn't help but feel a tad bit nervous. He was the person responsible for the compositions. What if people didn't like the songs? What if nobody clapped?

 

The first song played, and Sehun held his breath. After the first chorus, he perked up the courage to look at the audience, to check their reactions. And.......

 

Whew. They don't hate it.

 

In fact, most of the audience looked like they were enjoying it. A few of them were waving their glow sticks around, trying to follow the tempo of the song. No one seems to be leaving, so that's good.

 

When it was the second to last song (the only song Sehun was going to participate in), Sehun walked up to the stage, sat behind his keyboard, and nervously cracked his knuckles – hoping that he doesn't mess up what would otherwise be a fantastic show.

 

The club president was introducing the song and the members when Sehun spotted something in the distance.

 

A LED board that had the words I ♥ Sehun flashing across the screen.

 

It was held by none other than his Luhan.

 

Sehun flushed and covered his face. Darn it, Bambi.

 

How was he going to remember which keys to play if his boyfriend's love sign keeps flashing in his direction?

 

He glanced at his boyfriend again and when Luhan noticed that Sehun was looking at him, he jumped up and down and started pointing towards the sign – as if Sehun couldn't see it before. Sehun gave Luhan a small nod of acknowledgment before turning his attention back to the keyboard in front of him. The president had finished talking and it was now time to perform. Sehun took a deep breath. 1. 2. 3.

 

Sehun-ah!! You were amazing!!” Luhan shouted as he ran up to Sehun and bear hugged him. “All of your songs were great, but my favorite song was the one that had you in it!”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Thanks.”

 

Did you see my sign?” Luhan still had his arms around Sehun's neck he had no intentions of letting go.

 

Can't possibly miss it.” Sehun grinned and Luhan hugged him tighter, almost knocking the wind out of him.

 

Hyung, you're hurting him,” Tao stated when he and the other boys walked up to them.

 

No, I'm not! Sehun loves it when I hug him.”

 

Well, he also loves breathing,” Lay pointed out, and Sehun couldn't have agreed more.

 

Fine.” Luhan released him, and Sehun entwined their fingers as soon as their bodies separated.

 

Great job, Sehun. We're really proud of you.” Suho smiled at him as the other hyungs nodded.

 

It didn't ,” Kai added, earning an eye roll from the maknae and a slap on the arm from Kyungsoo.

 

I'm sure you raised a lot of money, judging from the crowd.” Xiumin patted his back. When he got close to Sehun's ears, he whispered, “I placed my bet on you, so let's hope you raised a lot.” Sehun grinned.

 

Can we go eat now? I'm hungry,” Chen said to no one in particular.

 

Yes. Dinner is on Sehun,” Kris announced, not even bothering to ask if that was okay with Sehun.

 

Yah! I don't have money to feed all of you!”

 

If you have money to buy Luhan hyung cakes, then you should have money to feed us,” Baekhyun stated with a smirk.

 

Luhan noticeably stiffen next to him, probably feeling bad that his cake addiction was causing Sehun all this trouble.

 

Nodding along to what his boyfriend said, Chanyeol added, “Yeah Sehun, don't be so stingy. We all know those cakes cost a lot.”

 

Sehun closed his eyes. “Fine. Dinner is on me.”

 

YESS!” The other ten boys hollered as they started walking away from the empty courtyard.

 

Sehun-ah, you don't have to pay. Just give me the bill,” Luhan whispered to him when they were lagging behind the others.

 

Are you sure?”

 

Luhan nodded. “I'm the hyung remember?”

 

Sehun laughed. “Barely. With your looks and cute antics, most people think you're the maknae.”

 

Oh, whatever.” Luhan dragged him forward, in hopes of catching up with the other boys, but Sehun wasn't being cooperative. He rather be alone with Luhan and as far away from his hungry hyungs as possible.

 

I'm excited,” Sehun said suddenly.

 

Mhm?”

 

For tomorrow.”

 

What's happening tomorrow?”

 

Oh nothing, I'm just going to spend the day with an angel.” Sehun flashed his boyfriend a brilliant smile causing Luhan to blush and hide his face behind his free hand.

 

Sehun-ahhhh.” Luhan groaned because apparently what Sehun said was too cheesy for him to handle.

 

What? It's an once in a lifetime chance.”

 

Sehun cracked up when Luhan nearly tripped on a rock because he was too busy blushing to pay attention to where he was going.

 

Sehun decided that teasing his angel will forever be one of his favorite hobbies. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ THE FLUFF!!! OVERLOAD!!! LOL. I LOVE IT! Bwhhaa. Favorite parts - Luhan's LED sign of love, Sehun swearing that he'll end anybody that touches his Lulu, Sehun passing out Team B's flyers (such a good boyfriend!)  and the last lines of fluff. I really do enjoy writing fluff, so I hope you guys like it. :D Thanks for reading! Comment and subscribe! 

Next chapter will be Luhan's event. I wonder who will win!