The Notes

All I Care About

 

GUESS WHO'S ENGAGED?!!?” Baekhyun hollered as soon as he got in the house with the others behind him. He ran to the living room where the single boys were watching a horror movie (they refused to watch anything remotely romantic).

 

Sehun and Luhan?” Xiumin asked, agitating Baekhyun on purpose.

 

The blush that bloomed on Luhan's face didn't go unnoticed by Sehun.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “No. Not today,” he said before shoving his ring finger in the boys' faces. “IT'S ME.”

 

And me,” Chanyeol added, grabbing his boyfriend by the waist and pulling him away from the others – he had a feeling they didn't like Baekhyun invading their personal space with his finger.

 

ISN'T IT AWESOME?!” Baekhyun shouted, to which the other boys answered with careless grunts. Chanyeol moved to place his hand on his boyfriend's back, hoping to comfort him, but Baekhyun shrugged it off. Not one to be ignored, Baekhyun grabbed the remote and turned off the movie.

 

Ignoring the complaints and curses thrown at him, Baekhyun asked, “Where are the champagne bottles?? Shouldn't we take them out?”

 

They're only for special occasions,” Kyungsoo replied, trying to snatch back the remote Baekhyun held in his hands.

 

THIS IS A SPECIAL OCCASION!” Baekhyun shrieked indignantly, swatting Kyungsoo's hands away.

 

But we all saw it coming,” Kai said, joining Kyungsoo in his quest to take back the remote.

 

Baekhyun huffed. “That doesn't make it any less special!”

 

Someone please give him what he wants,” Kris said, looking like he might have a migraine if any of this continues.

 

Baekhyun clapped his hands in agreement. “Kris hyung has spoken. Now it's time to congratulate me --”

 

And me,” Chanyeol added with a grin.

 

And party till we pass out,” Baekhyun finished, shoving the remote down the back pocket of his skinny jeans – somewhere no one but Chanyeol would be willing to enter.

 

The other boys frowned. “Guess we have no choice now,” Tao said, eyeing Baekhyun's back pocket with a expression that screamed hopelessness.

 

Good!” Baekhyun said, pulling all of them up, with the exception of Kris, and pushing them towards the kitchen. “We're all going to toast to my and Chanyeol's engagement, and you're going to be happy for us. And congratulate us with extreme envy.”

 

Chanyeol, are you sure about this?” Chen asked, looking at the boy with concern in his eyes. “You really want that --” He gestured towards Baekhyun, who was quickly taking out the champagne glasses from the cabinet, his whole body wiggling in excitement. “For the rest of your life?

 

Sehun chuckled when Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, contemplating something. Chanyeol smiled and turned to Chen and said with confidence, “Yeah. I do.”

 

Awww,” Luhan said, giving Chanyeol a pat. Chanyeol's smile grew wider.

 

When Chanyeol placed his arm over Luhan's shoulders, Sehun decided it was time to intervene. He tossed Chanyeol's arm aside, replacing it with his arm, and shot Chanyeol a look that basically meant Mine.

 

CHEERS,” the boys chorused upon Baekhyun's instruction.

 

Ooohh guys! Thanks!” Baekhyun said, lacing his fingers with Chanyeol's. “We really appreciate all the support. And I just can't believe that this day has come. You all have no idea how I've dreamed of this moment and how....”

 

Everybody pretty much zoned out the rest of Baekhyun's speech – it went on for a good ten minutes. The only thing that prevented them from leaving was the champagne and the idea that if they drink more, they won't remember anything when tomorrow comes.

 

Sehun and Luhan were not as lucky.

 

Opting not to drink, Luhan had apple juice in his glass and though Sehun was ridiculously tempted to pour himself a glass of champagne when Baekhyun started talking about how he realized he had a humongous crush on his deliciously dashing best friend in middle school, he didn't. Why? Because he wanted to be sober for later when he and Luhan goes to bed.

 

And then there it was – stuck on the stick – the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. My mind was spinning like crazy and I wasn't sure this was really happening, but then he turned around and said --” Baekhyun gazed up at Chanyeol expectantly.

 

Will you be mine forever?” Chanyeol said with a smile that was almost blinding. Baekhyun, deciding that he couldn't hold out any longer, grabbed his boyfriend by the neck, pulled him down and attacked him with open mouth kisses.

 

Everybody groaned. Kai made gagging noises, and he was joined by Chen who held his neck like he was choking. Tao focused his attention on his champagne glass, refusing to look at the couple who were still in the middle of an intense make out session. Kris calmly poured himself another glass of champagne – it was his fifth. Xiumin placed his head on the counter top, hoping to pass out and forget about what he just saw. Suho kept his attention on Lay, ignoring the moans that Baekhyun was currently emitting, while Lay searched the fridge for something to calm his upset stomach. Kyungsoo bit his lip and glanced around the room nervously – a sign that he was having a breakdown. Probably because Baekyeol was dirtying his kitchen.

 

Luhan quickly turned around, and Sehun caught a glimpse of his extremely red face before he buried it in the crook of Sehun's neck. He muttered, “Sehun-ah, tell me when it's okay to look.”

 

No way. That would mean I have to look,” Sehun said, wrapping his arms around Luhan and planting his face in Luhan's hair.

 

And after what seemed like an eternity, the other boys heard Baekhyun giggling, presumably his post-make out giggles, and prayed that it was safe to look.

 

Well, I think we should all go to bed now,” Suho announced when he and everybody else caught sight of Baekyeol's disheveled hair and clothes. Baekhyun's hair was eerily similar to his bed hair, and Chanyeol...well he was one button away from exposing his chest completely.

 

And miss all the fun? No way.” Baekhyun lets go Chanyeol's hand. “The party has moved to the living room! Come on everybody – OUT!”

 

Ughh. How long is this going to take?” Chen complained as Baekhyun shoved him down on the couch before quickly moving to get Kyungsoo.

 

Till you all are bursting with excitement at the fact that two of your housemates are engaged,” Baekhyun replied after pushing Kyungsoo down with one hand.

 

What Baekhyun actually meant was that they were going to be stuck there against their will and forced to watch a DVD containing his and Chanyeol's favorite moments.

 

To Sehun (and probably everybody else – at least the ones that were sober), it felt like pure torture. But it got worse when the pair decided that their favorite hyung should sit in between them, front and center, as they all watch. The look Luhan gave Sehun as he was being taken away was something that amused Sehun and worried him at the same time.

 

And he would have saved Luhan if it weren't for the fact that he needed the boy away from him for a few minutes in order for him to do something. So without anybody noticing, Sehun slipped out of the living room and crept upstairs.

 

When he came back down, there were loud protests coming from almost everybody.

 

We are not watching you talk about how you felt after you did that!” Kyungsoo argued, his face extremely flustered.

 

It's completely inappropriate,” Kai scorned. “Nobody should be forced to see that.”

 

Sehun looked at the television screen which had Baekhyun sitting in bed, holding the camera and talking animatedly about something. The video was on mute and Sehun could understand why because judging from the way Baekhyun kept squeezing his eyes shut and placing his hand over his heart, Sehun knew that this was Baekhyun's video diary after he and Chanyeol had...Yeah.

 

But it's Oscar worthy! Look at me. Look at my emotions!” Baekhyun responded, pointing towards his blissful face. Right. Emotions..

 

Why would you even record this?” Xiumin asked, looking highly disturbed.

 

Because I wanted to document everything.”

 

Well, that's fine for you, but we don't need to see it,” Suho said, petting Lay's head – the boy, along with Tao and Chen, had fallen asleep and luckily escaped most of the torture.

 

Kris stood up and pointed his index finger towards the couple – a gesture he reserved for whenever he needed to hand out strict orders. “If you don't press stop right now, I will strap you to a chair and make you watch as I slowly burn that DVD.”

 

Baekhyun gasped and Chanyeol's eyes widened in panic. “Fine!” Baekhyun said, hurrying over to the DVD player and pressing the stop button. He yanked the disc out and held it against his chest, protecting it.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered, suddenly appearing next to Sehun and reaching for his hand. Sehun smiled and laced their fingers as soon as Luhan's hand was in his.

 

Now congratulations on your engagement, and we wish you happiness blah blah blah, but it's late and frankly sleep is more important,” Kris said before hoisting Tao over his shoulders and leaving the room.

 

Man. If only I was taller and had muscles,” Baekhyun muttered, still clutching his precious DVD against his chest. “I would totally kick his a--”

 

Alright. Let's head upstairs everybody,” Suho suggested as he gently shook Lay to wake him up.

 

Am I supposed to carry him?” Xiumin asked, looking at his roommate with arms crossed. Chen was currently drooling and the thought of having to touch him did not appeal to Xiumin.

 

Just kick him,” Kai suggested before he demonstrated how.

 

OW!”

 

See?”

 

Kai!”

 

Xiumin hyung told me to.”

 

Chen gasped. “Hyung!”

 

Oh get up and let's go to bed,” Xiumin said, pulling Chen up and dragging him along.

 

Kyungsoo turned his attention to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Well, good luck with.....everything. Night.” He waved at them before tugging on Kai's arm, ushering him upstairs as well.

 

Chanyeol sighed and patted Baekhyun on the back. “I guess it's just us lovers.”

 

Sehun and Suho exchanged glances – neither of them liking where this was possibly heading.

 

We're the cool ones anyway,” Baekhyun said with a sniff, slightly upset about what just happened. “Now do you guys want to watch the time Chanyeol and I went camping in a secluded forest and Chanyeol had forgotten to pack camping essentials, so all we had was soju and a tent?”

 

Did you get attacked by a wild animal?” Sehun asked.

 

No. Thankfully.”

 

Well, then no thanks,” Sehun said, earning a soft giggle from Luhan and a smile from Lay, who still looked a little dazed.

 

After somehow managing to convince Baekhyun and Chanyeol to let them go, Suho bid Luhan and Sehun goodnight before leading Lay back to their shared room.

 

So..” Chanyeol started, eyeing Luhan and Sehun with satisfaction. Crap.

 

Noooo. Not you too hyung,” Baekhyun cried out when Luhan had yawned.

 

Swooping in on possibly his only chance in getting them out, Sehun put his arm around Luhan and said, “We're going to bed. It was a long day and we're both tired, so goodnight.”

 

He didn't wait for Baekhyun and Chanyeol to respond as he turned Luhan around and guided him upstairs.

 

Was that acting or did you really yawn?” Sehun asked when they got in front of their door.

 

Luhan yawned again. “Real.”

 

Sehun smiled. “That's too bad because you're not going to sleep any time soon.” He opened the door and –

 

Luhan gasped.

 

With eyes wide, he slowly stepped into the room that Sehun had transformed into something almost unrecognizable.

 

The room was covered in bright colored sticky notes. The walls, the desks, the windows, the closet door– all covered in notes. The only thing that wasn't covered was the floor and the bed, which had a large pile of chocolate candies in the center.

 

When Luhan stepped closer to the notes, he immediately recognized his own handwriting. He whirled around, only to be faced with a grinning Sehun.

 

I kept all of your notes,” Sehun said simply. “Had to use 3 shoe boxes, but they're all here.”

 

But Sehun-ah --”

 

Sehun shook his head and pointed towards the clock. Luhan looked at it – 12:46 AM.

 

You said no surprises on Valentine's Day, but since it's no longer Valentine's, I think this is acceptable.”

 

Sehun-ah.”

 

I just wanted to show you that everything you give me is worth saving,” Sehun explained as he walked towards the windows. Taking off one of the notes from the window pane, he read it aloud. “Sehun-ah, don't wait up for me. I'll be home late, so just go to sleep okay?

 

He took another off from the adjacent wall. “Sehun-ah, I made you lunch (with Kyungsoo's help) so make sure you eat it!

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan breathed when Sehun bent down and took off the note on the side of Luhan's desk.

 

You wrote this when I was studying for my test,” Sehun continued, turning the note over so Luhan could see his writing – it read “Sehun-ah, you'll do great! Don't study all day and make sure you get plenty of rest!

 

Even though I love all of your notes, do you know which ones are my favorites?” Sehun asked, standing up.

 

Luhan shook his head and kept his eyes on Sehun as he slowly walked to Luhan's side of the bed. He took one of the blue sticky notes that was placed on the lamp and read it.

 

Morning Sehun-ah.

 

He tore off a pink note from the nightstand. “Thanks for being with me.

 

Sehun read another note that he had taken off the wall above the bed. “I love you.

 

He sat down on the bed, smiling as he looked Luhan in the eyes and told him, “My favorites are the ones where I can picture your smile as you scribble the words down.”

 

He gestured towards the notes on the wall behind him. “These all say the same thing – that you love me very much. So I think it's safe to say that you took up an entire wall telling me something I already know. But every time I read your I love you's it feels like it's the first note. And that to me is one of the best things about loving you Luhan.”

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered. His eyes were starting to water and Sehun could see the teeth marks Luhan had inflicted on his bottom lip.

 

Sehun patted the spot next to him on the bed. “What are you waiting for?” he teased.

 

That was all Luhan needed before he tackled Sehun, causing both of them to fall back on the bed.

 

Your surprises are always better. I hate you,” Luhan mumbled against Sehun's chest.

 

Sehun chuckled and tangled his legs with Luhan's. “I have a wall that says otherwise.”

 

Luhan moaned and hid his face in Sehun's neck. Sehun, with fingers running through Luhan's hair, admitted, “My surprises are definitely not better than yours. I only surprise you every now and then – which probably makes you feel as though they are better, but they're not. They're nothing compared to the surprises you give me almost everyday. And I love the surprise you gave me a few hours ago, I do, but I also enjoy the little things you do. They're probably not real surprises to you because you do it so naturally, but they are to me.”

 

Luhan lifted his head up and gazed into Sehun's eyes. And Sehun instantly smiled because those eyes seem to sparkle and it feels nice knowing that he's the reason behind it.

 

Does that mean my surprises are the best?” Luhan asked with all seriousness.

 

Sehun laughed. “Yeah. I guess.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes before placing his head back on Sehun's chest. “I can't believe you kept all of my notes,” Luhan murmured.

 

I know I'm awesome.”

 

Aishh.” Luhan rolled off of Sehun and sat up, his eyes now trained on the candy pile.

 

You can't eat them now,” Sehun warned.

 

Why not?”

 

Because it's late.”

 

That has never stopped me,” Luhan huffed, grabbing a handful of chocolates. “Thanks, Sehun-ah. If I get cavities, I'm blaming you.”

 

Sehun sat up. “If you get cavities, I'm not going to hold your hand when they remove your teeth, so ha!”

 

Whatever. All it takes is for me to do this --” Luhan turned around and blinked at Sehun a few times, his lips pouting. “And you'll be begging to hold my hand.”

 

Sehun placed his hand over Luhan's face, completely covering it considering how small Luhan's face actually is, and snorted. “Doubt it,” he said before pushing Luhan's face away.

 

You're only covering my face because you can't handle the cuteness. Admit it.”

 

Just eat your candy.”

 

Candy?!” Baekyeol shouted as they burst into the room, almost as if they were waiting outside the whole time.

 

The pair jumped on the bed, each taking a spot beside Luhan. Sehun, who was behind Luhan, groaned and plopped down on the bed, hiding his face under a pillow. Great.....

 

Whoaaaa. What is up with the sticky notes?” Chanyeol said, looking here and there.

 

Sehun thought it would be nice to surprise me with them,” Luhan answered in a cheerful tone.

 

It kinda makes him seem like an obsessed lover. Like the kind that goes around killing others whenever he's jealous.”

 

Shut up!” Sehun shouted from under his pillow.

 

I think it's romantic,” Luhan said, nudging Sehun in the knee – probably urging him to come out of hiding. “I wonder when he got the chance to even do this.”

 

When we were watching the videos, he snuck upstairs,” Baekhyun said.

 

Sehun immediately threw the pillow aside. “You saw me!?”

 

Not really, but we assumed that's what you were doing --”

 

Because you willingly let us take Luhan hyung away.”

 

Yeah, that was clearly suspicious because you don't ever let us have Luhan hyung.”

 

Wow. Is this true, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked, turning to face Sehun.

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Yeah....”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol high-fived each other. “We're so good.”

 

Whatever,” Sehun snapped before he wrapped one arm around Luhan and placed him on his lap. “Why are you in our room anyway? Shouldn't you be celebrating? Preferably in your room.”

 

Baekyeol laughed. “We can celebrate for the rest of our engagement period, so don't worry about that, maknae.”

 

Besides if we were to really celebrate, the whole house wouldn't be able to sleep. If you know what I mean.” Baekhyun smirked.

 

Sadly, Sehun does know what Baekhyun meant by that and he shuddered at the thought.

 

As the trio started eating the candies with Sehun watching, Baekhyun asked what Luhan and Sehun did for their Valentine's Day and the older boy supplied him with an answer long enough to be a novel.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded along as Luhan described the surprise and how it all went down. Baekhyun gasped a few times when Luhan mentioned what he wrote on the poster boards, which seemed to please Luhan because he would start describing the next part more animatedly – using his hands more often and changing his voice when something particularly spectacular happened. Sehun found it amusing.

 

After Luhan's story, it was Baekhyun's turn to tell them (mainly Luhan) what they did. The way Baekhyun had described the chase scene with the security man had Luhan staring at him wide-eyed and mouth opened. When Baekhyun went on to say that they miraculously escaped the evil clutches of the security man, Luhan clapped, evidently moved by their courage. Sehun, on the other hand, rolled his eyes at this. He knew that Baekhyun was exaggerating because there was no way a man would chase them with a gun, threatening to shoot, just because they had stolen coins from a fountain.

 

You two should visit that fountain,” Chanyeol suggested when Baekhyun had finished his story.

 

Who knows? You might even get engaged,” Baekhyun added with a wink directed towards Luhan, who blushed immediately. Sehun pretended not to notice.

 

After eating all of the candies that Sehun had bought for Luhan and Luhan only, the pair got up and headed towards the door, claiming that they were tired and now needed sleep. Yeah right. There's no candy left.

 

Oh yeah. Almost forgot.” Baekhyun turned around. “Chanyeol and I want the two of you to be our best man at the wedding.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened before he spluttered, “U-us?”

 

Yes silly.”

 

Why?” Sehun asked with his brow raised.

 

Isn't it obvious?” Chanyeol asked. “You're our favorite people.”

 

That Sehun knew. But he was still wondering why they were telling them now considering the fact they hadn't even picked a date.

 

And because we look forward to dressing Luhan hyung however we like,” Baekhyun said. Ah. That's it.

 

Don't worry hyung, you'll look good in anything,” Chanyeol assured when Luhan's expression turned to one of uncertainty. “Sehun, on the other hand.....”

 

What about me?”

 

How do you feel about pastel colors?” Baekhyun asked.

 

What??”

 

Thought so.” Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol. “I think we should make him wear a purple suit. Maybe a plum color.”

 

W-what? I'm not wearing a purple suit!”

 

You have no say in the matter,” Baekhyun quipped, sticking his tongue out at Sehun. “Come on, Yeollie. Let's go to bed.” The pair left with identical grins on their faces. They're just messing with me....Right?

 

Maybe purple isn't that bad...”

 

Oh shush Bambi. Don't even start.”

 

Luhan giggled before turning to wrap his arms around Sehun. “What do you want to do now?”

 

Sehun leaned in, making it seem as though he was going to kiss Luhan. When Luhan puckered his lips, Sehun grinned and leaned back. “How about we take the notes off and clean up?”

 

Luhan, with his lips still puckered, blinked and looked at Sehun like he was insane. “How about no?” The boy brushed Sehun's bangs away from his forehead and yanked off the band-aid Sehun forgot he still had.

 

Ow!”

 

I'm not sorry.”

 

Well, you're gonna be!”

 

Sehun flipped Luhan over so that he was now on his back. This should be fun.

 

Stop thinking about how fun this is going to be and start,” Luhan demanded, looping his arms around Sehun's neck. You just can't wait, can you?

 

Sehun was about to kiss Luhan when he spotted something...

 

Wow. That's mighty attractive,” Sehun mumbled, using his thumb to wipe off the smudge of chocolate at the corner of Luhan's lips.

 

Apparently embarrassed that he still had chocolate on his face, Luhan quickly wiped his mouth. Sehun laughed at his boyfriend's desperate attempts to clean up. “Cute.”

 

He captured Luhan's lips immediately, blocking the older boy from protesting. And just as Luhan was getting into the kiss, Sehun pulled back and grinned. “Mission start!”

 

Yahh--”

 

Sehun cuts him off again. Teasing Luhan is fun and all, but charging him is even better.

 

You got to be kidding me, Sehun thought as his eyes landed on Luhan who had fallen asleep right after. Now Sehun was left with the task of dressing his boyfriend because as appealing as it is to have Luhan sleep without any clothes on, Sehun doesn't want him to catch a cold.

 

It's like taking care of a baby. Sehun pulled his teal hoodie over Luhan's head, careful not to wake him. An overgrown baby. Sehun places Luhan's arms into the holes and pulls the hoodie down to cover Luhan's midriff. He looks at the boy who was smiling in his sleep. An overgrown baby that needs a lot of charging.

 

After pulling the covers up to Luhan's chin, Sehun planted a simple kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

 

Sehun has never been good with babies, but maybe Luhan is an exception...

 

 

******

Hey hyung,” Jinho greeted when Luhan walked into the classroom.

 

Luhan beamed, taking a seat next to him. “Hey Jinho! How was your weekend?”

 

Empty.

 

It was fine.”

 

Did you do anything special?”

 

Like what? I don't have anybody to do anything special with...”

 

Luhan frowned and rubbed his back. “Aww. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find somebody soon.”

 

I'm guessing you had a great Valentine's Day?” Jinho asked though he knew the answer. It was painfully obvious from the way Luhan smiled at the mention.

 

The boy went on to describe what he and Sehun did over the weekend, but Jinho doesn't really hear any of it. He was more focused on Luhan and Luhan's voice. Jinho didn't think he actually missed seeing Luhan this much. He was so wrong.

 

Seeing Luhan again caused his heart to beat at the rate it always does when Luhan was around. An alarming rate.

 

Jinho welcomes the feeling and shuns it at the same time.

 

It wasn't till after Luhan had poked him did Jinho realized that class had started. He turned his attention to the professor.

 

Attention class. Today, I'm going to talk to you about your big Social Project, which I'm sure you all know is 20% of your grade.”

 

Jinho noticed how Luhan shuffled uneasily in his seat.

 

And I'm sure you know that this is a group project – a group consisting of 2-3 people max. I'm handing out the packets with the instructions on them, so please read over them. The projects I've received in the past were all really great, so I'm hoping that this year is no different. I know spring break is coming up and you're all looking forward to it, but don't forget about this project. It's due before you leave for break. Are we clear?”

 

Yes.”

 

Hyung, don't worry about it. It's going to be fine,” Jinho said as they got out of class.

 

But Jinho, it's 20%! That's worth a lot.”

 

Yeah...But hyung you're forgetting something.”

 

Luhan stopped in his tracks. “What?”

 

Jinho smiled. “You have me.” He grabbed Luhan's arm, urging him to continue walking. “You can count on me.”

 

Does that mean we're partners?”

 

Jinho rolled his eyes. “Yes. I thought it was obvious?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Okay! We can do this then.”

 

We'll do great,” Jinho promised.

 

After their classes were done, Jinho and Luhan sat in the library to start on their project. Jinho didn't let the fact that Luhan was texting Sehun every five minutes bother him. No, that didn't bother him. It was when Sehun showed up.

 

Sehun-ah!”

 

Hey,” Sehun said, taking a seat next to Luhan – his right arm automatically draping around the back of Luhan's chair. And after smiling at his boyfriend, he turned his attention to Jinho. “How have you been? Haven't spoken to you in a while.”

 

Good. You?” Jinho said, ignoring the way Luhan was staring dreamily at Sehun.

 

Great,” Sehun smiled. He glanced at the books and papers scattered on the table. “You're working on a project?”

 

Yeah,” Luhan answered, finally taking his eyes off of Sehun to pick up the instruction packet. “It's a lot.” He handed Sehun the packet, and the boy flipped through it.

 

Sehun looked up at Jinho. “You're working together?”

 

Mhm,” Luhan said, causing Sehun to turn his attention to him.

 

How long is it going to take you to complete it?”

 

As long as it takes,” Jinho answered, his voice steady. Sehun's eyes flickered back to him. “Getting a good grade is what matters most.”

 

For a second, Jinho could see Sehun wanting to say something, but the boy decided against it. He smiled at his boyfriend and handed him back the packet.

 

Well, I'm sure you'll both do great,” Sehun said, giving Luhan's shoulders an encouraging squeeze.

 

Luhan must have been comforted by his boyfriend's words because his brilliant smile almost reached his ears. And Luhan looked as though he really wanted to hug Sehun, but he somehow managed to hold himself back. Probably because I'm here.

 

Sehun-ah, don't you have to leave for work?”

 

Sehun looked at his watch. “Yeah. I guess...” Sehun's tone couldn't have made it more obvious that he didn't want to leave. The thought of leaving Luhan isn't very pleasant – Jinho would know.

 

See you later then,” Jinho said, feeling slightly relieved that Sehun was leaving. As bad as that sounds, Jinho couldn't bring himself to care.

 

Yeah. See ya.”

 

Sehun stood up, but before he turned to leave, he leaned down. Gently gripping Luhan's chin, Sehun pressed a firm kiss on Luhan's lips.

 

Jinho couldn't tell if Sehun was just doing what he always does, or if he was trying to tell him something. He had a strong feeling that it was the latter.

 

Maybe he was trying to show Jinho that Luhan is off limits? Like I don't already know.

 

Bye Sehun-ah,” Luhan said with a wave as Sehun walked away. Sehun glanced over his shoulder and returned the wave.

 

Jinho cleared his throat. “Let's start where we left off,” he said, his voice a lot calmer than he'd expected...

 

 

Jinho, you really didn't have to drive me home,” Luhan said, sounding apologetic from the passenger side.

 

Jinho chuckled, his eyes still on the road in front of him. “It's okay hyung. I want to.”

 

But it's not that far from the school. I could have walked.”

 

I don't like the idea of you walking alone – especially at night.”

 

Luhan huffed. “You sound like Sehun.”

 

Jinho's grip on the steering wheel tightened, and he doesn't say anything for a while. Luhan, who probably sensed that something was off, turned his body to face Jinho, eyeing him curiously.

 

That's probably because we care about you,” Jinho finally said. We.

 

Jinho didn't have to see it to know that Luhan was slightly confused over why it took him a while to say something as simple as that.

 

Moments like this makes Jinho wish Luhan was a little less clueless.

 

Or less blinded by his love for Sehun.

 

Whichever would get Luhan to realize that Sehun isn't the only one in love with him...

 

Again, thanks for the ride Jinho,” Luhan said as they walked up to his front door. “But you really didn't have to walk me to the door.”

 

I want to.

 

Having forgotten his keys, Luhan rung the doorbell, and it didn't even take 3 seconds for the door to burst open, revealing an excited Baekhyun.

 

Hyung! You're home!” The said boy pulled Luhan in for a hug, and when his eyes landed on Jinho –

 

Why is he here?” Baekhyun asked in a sneering tone.

 

He drove me home,” Luhan answered, unaware of the tension between the other two.

 

Baekhyun lets go of Luhan. With his eyes still directed towards Jinho, he said, “How nice of you.”

 

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Baekhyun actually meant the opposite.

 

Well, I'm a nice guy,” Jinho said. For some reason, he felt tremendous satisfaction in seeing Baekhyun's face darkened for a split second. In seeing his eyes flicker in contempt.

 

But Baekhyun quickly regained his composure. “Sehun has really great friends then,” Baekhyun commented with a smile that felt more like a smirk.

 

Jinho felt his throat run dry, but he did his best to remain stoic even when Baekhyun played the friend card. Jinho had to hand it to Baekhyun – he knew how to play.

 

Goodnight hyung,” Jinho said, flashing Luhan a genuine smile before walking away. He could feel Baekhyun's eyes boring the back of his head.

 

But it doesn't faze him. No. Not anymore. It no longer will. 

 

******

After Luhan had gone upstairs, Chanyeol entered the hallway to find his boyfriend quietly standing by the door.

 

Baek, what's wrong?”

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, worry in his eyes. “We have a situation on our hands.”

 

Huh?”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath. “Someone's emotions are getting the best of him.”

 

Chanyeol stepped forward and held his boyfriend's hand. “You mean Jin--”

 

Yes.” Baekhyun's grip on Chanyeol's hand tightened.

 

It looks like he's not going to hold back anymore,” Baekhyun continued, and Chanyeol could detect the urgency behind his words.

 

Yeollie, his mask is slowly coming off....”

 

 

 

~~~~~~ AND SO IT BEGINS!! *EVIL LAUGH* xD (Don't kill me)

 

EXO interactions at the beginning with Baekyeol making things inappropriate. Lol. And then Hunhan fluff- Sehun's surprise was awesomee ♥ And he even gave Lulu chocolates! That's sweet... And then I ruined the happy mood with Jinho. I know I know. Not cool. But aaahhhh well. Time to kick things up a notch. Luhan and Jinho will be spending more time together. We'll see where this goes. I enjoyed writing the little showdown between Baek and Jinho. Expect it to get more intense between them. Baekhyun really doesn't like Jinho, and seeing as how Jinho is actually responding to Baekhyun, it should get interesting! I know that a Baekyeol vs Jinho confrontation is going to take place soon, but I'm not sure if it's the next chapter or the following. But it's going to be epic. At least to me. 

 

Thanks for reading! I'll update soon :)