The Polaroids

All I Care About

One week before Valentine's.....

 

SEHUNNNN HELP MEEEEE!” Chanyeol half demanded and half begged.

 

Sehun sighed and spun his chair around to glare at Chanyeol who, for the past hour, was tossing and turning on his bed, complaining about his dilemma.

 

Hyung, just do whatever you feel like doing. Baekhyun hyung loves you for you. You can put it in a trash bag and Baekhyun hyung would still say yes.”

 

Chanyeol snorts. “A trash bag? Isn't that too big?”

 

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose. “I'm not telling you to put his ring in a trash bag, hyung. I was just making a point.”

 

I don't need your points, maknae! Just tell me something I can actually do!” Chanyeol shouted, clearly agitated with Sehun's lack of enthusiasm.

 

Sehun shook his head and walked over to sit next to his useless hyung. “Hyung, again, I can't help you. I've never proposed. I wouldn't know the perfect way to do it – actually, I don't think that exists.”

 

Chanyeol sat up and huffed, face dejected. “Well, what would you do if you were in my shoes? How would you propose to Luhan hyung?”

 

P-propose? Propose to Luhan?

 

Sehun shifted a bit, taken aback by the sudden statement. How would he propose to Luhan?..... Would he even propose?

 

Sehun shook his head. One thing at a time.

 

What are some ideas you have?” Sehun asked.

 

Chanyeol switched his sitting position so that he was now sitting cross-legged, facing Sehun. “I was thinking....maybe I'll stuff it in his favorite teddy bear. The one I got for him on our first date.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. He can't be serious. “No hyung. He loves that bear. He wouldn't want to rip it up.”

 

How about I put the ring under his pillow?”

 

Sehun had to try hard not to laugh in Chanyeol's face. “What are you? The ring fairy? Why would you put it under his pillow?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged and lowered his head. “Because I thought it was cool? No one hides the ring under a pillow.”

 

There's a reason why no one does that,” Sehun said, patting Chanyeol's back. “I don't really know much about being romantic, but I'm sure that Baekhyun hyung wouldn't find his engagement ring being under his pillow very romantic. It's sort of lazy.”

 

Chanyeol groaned. “But I wanted something original. Something no one has done.”

 

Well, Valentine's a week away, you'll have time...By the way, where are you planning on doing this?”

 

At our elementary school – where we first met,” Chanyeol said with a shy smile. “That part is easy. I always had a feeling I would ask him to marry me where it all started.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Hyung, you're so sappy sometimes.”

 

Yahh!” Chanyeol argued with a flushed face. “You know soon enough how I'm feeling! Just you wait!”

 

Sehun grinned. “Maybe, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon --” Swoosh.

 

The bedroom door swung opened and Luhan came in, a big smile on his face and a stick of cotton candy in his hands. Chanyeol's eyes widened immediately.

 

Oh Chanyeol, hey.” Luhan tore off a piece of the fluffy sweetness and put it in his mouth. He walked over to where the two were sitting. “Sehun-ah, why didn't you answer your phone?”

 

My phone?” Sehun took out his phone and oh right. “I put it on silent. Sorry. Did you need to me?”

 

Luhan smiled and plopped down right next to Sehun. “I always need you.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. And he calls me the cheesy person.

 

Hyung, where did you get the cotton candy?” Chanyeol blurted out, his eyes glued to the item in Luhan's hands. Sehun noticed how he was eyeing it ever since Luhan walked in.

 

Oh, I got it from a street vendor near the cafe. Do you want some?” He gave Chanyeol a piece and from the moment the candy entered Chanyeol's mouth, a wide creepy grin graced his face. His eyes seemed more alive than before – like he just thought of a great idea.

 

I have to go,” Chanyeol said, standing abruptly. “Thanks hyung. You're a big help!”

 

When Chanyeol left, Luhan turned to Sehun. “What was that about? And what did I do?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “Chanyeol hyung has always been weird.”

 

Now that he was in the company of his favorite person, Sehun smiled and snatched the cotton candy from Luhan. “Now why are you eating cotton candy before dinner?”

 

Luhan huffed and snatched the stick back. “Because I can.”

 

Sehun draped one arm around Luhan's waist and leaned in so that he was close to the shell of Luhan's ear. “If you wanted something sweet before dinner, I'm sitting right here.”

 

Instead of blushing like Sehun had hoped he would, Luhan simply pinched his cheek and calmly said, “No thanks, Sehun-ah. I want to keep my appetite before dinner.”

 

And before Sehun could retaliate, Luhan jumped up and left the room, all while laughing like Sehun had just told him a funny joke.

 

Feeling like he just been schooled by his boyfriend, Sehun fell back on the bed, a scowl on his face.

 

Keep on laughing, Bambi! Yeah, you won't be laughing when I put your ring in a trash bag!

 

 

Two days before Valentine's....

 

What do you mean you don't want anything?” Sehun asked incredulously.

 

Luhan smiled and cuddled closer to him. “I don't want you to get me anything. Having you is enough. Don't give me any surprises. Just don't.”

 

Why not?”

 

Because I want to surprise you.”

 

Sehun raised his brow. “Wha--”

 

I want to do something for you,” Luhan said, cutting Sehun off. “The surprise you gave me for our one month anniversary is still one of my favorite memories of us. And I want to give you the same thing. And I know you probably have something amazing planned, but please just let me have this one. Let me give you the best Valentine's Day.”

 

Is that what you really want?”

 

Yes.” Luhan locked eyes with Sehun. “I'm going to knock you off your feet.”

 

Sehun grinned. “Someone is pretty confident.”

 

Luhan nodded. “Look forward to it, Sehun-ah.”

 

I can't wait,” Sehun said.

 

******

The night before Valentine's.....

 

Luhan and Sehun were in bed, and while Sehun was doing something on his tablet (a music composition app of some sort), Luhan was simply resting his head on the younger one's shoulder, quietly watching. His boyfriend had been working on some new project for the music club, and although he had no idea what was going on, he found it fascinating. A focused Sehun was definitely an attractive Sehun.

 

But as much as Luhan would love to continue watching Sehun work, his body had other plans. His eyes were desperately trying to remain open. He yawned a few times, and Sehun, upon noticing this, stopped what he was doing and leaned his head on Luhan's.

 

If you're tired, just go to sleep,” Sehun said.

 

Luhan shook his head. “I'm good. Just keep working.”

 

Why? Do you like watching me do boring stuff?”

 

I-I just didn't want you to have to turn off the lights...”

 

I rather stop and turn off the lights than have you sleeping with the lights on.”

 

Against his will, Luhan yawned again, causing Sehun to sigh and turn off his tablet. He placed it on his nightstand before turning his body to face Luhan.

 

Why are you so.....” Sehun began, stopping to press his forehead against Luhan's.

 

So what?” Luhan murmured, his eyes drooping. Instinctively, his arms found their way around Sehun's waist. And he was barely awake when he heard Sehun chuckled.

 

Just go to sleep, Bambi.”

 

With eyes completely closed now, Luhan moaned his objection. “You're no fun, Sehun-ahhh. Tell meeee.”

 

Sehun, surprisingly, remained mum. And normally, Luhan would keep at it until Sehun told him what he wanted to know, but tonight was an exception. He was simply too tired, and sleep was starting to take over. I can always ask him later.

 

Sehun pulled the covers higher to cover them both. “Night Lu.”

 

Mhm,” Luhan hummed.

 

Having fallen asleep, Luhan doesn't see Sehun glance towards the alarm clock on Luhan's nightstand. He doesn't see the smile on Sehun's face when the younger boy embraces him after turning off the lights, ready to settle down for the night.

 

He also doesn't hear Sehun whispering, “Happy Valentine's Day Lu,” against his forehead before he planted a soft kiss at the spot.

 

5 A.M.

 

Luhan slowly opened his eyes and as if on cue, he broke into a smile when his eyes land on his boyfriend. Sehun being the first thing he sees in the morning is what he loved most about waking up – especially at such an ungodly hour.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan called, cupping Sehun's sleeping face. “Sehun.”

 

Sehun groaned and turned his face the other way. Aishh.

 

Feeling more determined now that today was finally Valentine's Day, Luhan took ahold of Sehun's face and turned it back to face him. “Sehun-ah.”

 

Again, Sehun groaned, but instead of turning the other way like before, he simply leaned into Luhan's hands. Without opening his eyes, he mumbled, “Lu. Why are you up?”

 

I don't feel like sleeping anymore,” Luhan answered. Truth is he didn't want to tell Sehun that he couldn't really sleep, no matter how tired he was. Too nervous about being able to pull off the surprise he had planned. 

 

At Luhan's words, Sehun eyes immediately opened, alarm written all over his face. “Are you not feeling well? What's wrong? Do you want me to --”

 

Luhan placed his index finger over Sehun's lips, shushing him. “I'm fine, Sehun-ah. It's just...”

 

Just what?”

 

Luhan smirked. “Go back to sleep, Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun's expression turned from one of worry to disbelief in a matter of seconds. “Let me get this straight, you woke me up to get back at me for last night?”

 

Luhan brought his face closer to Sehun, leaving only a few centimeters between them. “Not entirely.”

 

Sehun groaned. “Then why are we up and having this conversation at --” He looked over to the clock and frowned. “At 5 in the morning?”

 

Because.”

 

In one quick move, Luhan got on top of Sehun, straddling his boyfriend, completely surprising him. “Because I wanted to do this.”

 

Sehun, with his mouth open in astonishment, squinted his eyes at Luhan. “I'm dreaming,” he mumbled before closing his eyes. “Definitely dreaming.”

 

Luhan giggled. “No silly, this is real. I'm really on top of you. Now will you get up?”

 

Sehun opened his eyes again, and although his hands had somehow gotten ahold of Luhan's hips (who could blame him?) he remained skeptical.

 

Did Baekhyun hyung put you up to this?”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. He had no idea Sehun was this unresponsive in the morning. I should step this up a notch.

 

Leaning down so that his face hovered over Sehun's, Luhan said, in a voice he hoped passed for that of a person experienced in the art of seduction, “Don't you want a head start on today? Hmm? Valentine?

 

Sehun swallowed and blinked at him a few times. “Is this part of your surprise?”

 

Luhan frowned and leaned back, feeling slightly deterred. “No. It's not. I just....”

 

Just what?”

 

Ijustwantyoutochargeme,” Luhan said all in one go. He could already feel the heat spreading across his face from simply blurting out the words. And as soon as he said those words, he knew this was an golden opportunity for Sehun to . He wasn't wrong about that.

 

Sehun cracked a smile, a smug one. “What? I didn't catch that. What did you say?”

 

You heard me,” Luhan mumbled, avoiding eye contact. I'm definitely not repeating it!

 

No. I didn't. Would you mind saying it again? Slower this time?” Sehun grinned.

 

No.”

 

Aww come on. Just one more time.”

 

No.”

 

Why? It's not so hard. Just say it and I promise I'll catch it this time.”

 

No.”

 

If you say it, I'll do whatever it is you want me to.”

 

Fine! I WANT YOU TO CHARGE ME! Umph--”

 

Sehun had flipped Luhan over, switching their positions. Now it was Luhan's turn to be taken by surprise.

 

While Luhan was still trying to slow his heart rate, Sehun smiled, one that radiated affection. “You didn't have to shout.”

 

He pinched Luhan's cheek, which was probably tomato red by now. “How can you say something like that with such a face? You're lucky I have a bit of self control – otherwise, I would have had you for breakfast long ago.”

 

Luhan blushed a deeper shade of red. He honestly should leave the seducing to Sehun because his boyfriend was, apparently, a master at it.

 

And while Luhan was thinking this, Sehun was quietly observing him – simply adoring the boy under him.

 

When Luhan realized that Sehun was staring at him, he cleared his throat and looked him dead in the eye. “So, are you going to or not?” (He almost died from actually asking Sehun this)

 

To what?” Sehun teased, leaning in closer. “Charge you?

 

Luhan squeezed his eyes shut, trying his best not to squeal at how Sehun had said that. Asdfghjhkh! Remain calm. Breathe.

 

He opened his eyes again, and of course Sehun was staring at him, his expression one of amusement. With a deep breath, Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck and nodded.

 

But instead of starting, like Luhan had hoped he would, Sehun laughed. With a pout, Luhan grumbled, “Sehun-ahh. Stop laughing...”

 

I'm sorry. It's just that --” Sehun looked Luhan in the eyes. “You drive me absolutely crazy. And it's funny because I can't believe I love you for that.”

 

Luhan couldn't help but smile upon hearing this. “Well, that is kinda what I'm good at.”

 

Sehun chuckled before leaning in to nuzzle Luhan's jaw. “Not that I mind doing what you want me to -” Luhan could feel his heart rate picking up again “-but is there a specific reason why you need charging?”

 

Luhan's eyes met Sehun's. The older boy bit his lower lip, unsure as to whether he should reveal the truth..

 

Because I'm worried about today.

 

Because I need you to energize me.

 

Because giving you a special surprise makes me more nervous than I thought I would be. Because –

 

It's okay. You don't have to answer. I understand,” Sehun said with a smile and a twinkle in his eyes.

 

Luhan tilts his head. “You do?”

 

Mhm,” was all Sehun said before he pressed his lips against Luhan's, kissing him softly – as though telling Luhan that everything was going to be fine. That he has nothing to worry about. That Sehun would love his surprise no matter what.

 

And that was all Luhan needed.

 

And Sehun was all that Luhan will ever need.

 

Earth to Luhan,” Sehun called out, causing Luhan to refocus his attention back on his boyfriend.

 

Hm?”

 

Um. In order for this to work, I kinda need you to pay attention.” Sehun smirked, pleased that he had made Luhan blushed for the millionth time this morning.

 

I-I am p-paying attention,” Luhan murmured, his eyes trained on the top button of Sehun's pajama top.

 

Sehun chuckled before cupping Luhan's face, forcing Luhan to look at him. “I need you to look at me.”

 

Why?”

 

Because I need to see if you're enjoying it or not.”

 

Luhan groaned and covered his face with his hands, slightly regretting waking Sehun up. Sehun, on the other hand, couldn't be happier.

 

Luhan heard Sehun mumble, “I really can't handle all this cuteness at 5 in the morning,” before he pried Luhan's hands away from his face. Sehun kissed Luhan before he could say anything else, and Luhan was fine with that. Within seconds, he had one hand in Sehun's hair and the other around the base of Sehun's neck, pulling him closer – allowing Sehun to relax him and excite him at the same time.

 

And Luhan kept his eyes on Sehun the whole time, hoping to show the boy that yes, he is enjoying it. Every second of it.....

 

11 A.M.

 

Again Luhan found himself awake lying next to a sleeping Sehun. But unlike the first time, he felt more excitement than anything else. It was time to surprise Sehun with something unforgettable. Luhan was more than ready. He was energized. 

 

While getting dressed, Luhan heard screams coming from downstairs. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are up, he thought as he fixed his red bow tie. He looked over to where Sehun was, still in bed, unaware of the day Luhan has planned for him. Smiling, Luhan walked over to Sehun's side and bent down. And as his eyes scanned his boyfriend's flawless face, Luhan realized that this may be the reason why Sehun likes watching him sleep. There's something calming about being able to watch your lover quietly sleeping, being able to hear his even breathing. Without really meaning to, Luhan had leaned in so close to Sehun's face, he could see the tiny hairs.

 

Happy Valentine's Day Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered before planting a soft kiss on his boyfriend's lips. I'll see you later.

 

******

11:42 A.M.

 

I must be dreaming, Sehun thought when he opened his eyes and found himself face to face with Bambi. But it wasn't his Bambi.

 

It was actually the doll he had won for Luhan at the university carnival. Why is this here? Sehun rubbed his eyes, finally deciding that this was real, and sat up. He stared at the stuffed doll for a while, thinking that maybe if he stared at it long enough, it'll turn into his favorite deer.

 

No such luck.

 

But Sehun did notice something white sticking out of Bambi's mouth. He took it out, automatically smiling when he saw the polaroid picture of Luhan lying in bed, smiling at the camera. He turned the photo over, and sure enough on the back was a hand written note from Luhan.

 

~Morning, Sehun-ah :) Wondering where I am? If you are then I suggest you go to where we first met.~

 

Sehun yawned as he looked around the room for signs of his boyfriend. “Lu?”

 

Silence.

 

Sehun got out of bed and instead of heading towards the bathroom, he looked inside his closet, still hoping that maybe Luhan was hiding there. Nope. He even checked under the bed. No Luhan in sight.

 

Great. I have a missing Bambi on my hands.

 

After brushing and washing his face, Sehun got dressed, all while thinking of what Luhan was actually planning. If I go to where we first met, is he going to jump out and surprise me with a cake?

 

When he got downstairs and found it empty – which is unusual for a house like theirs – Sehun scratched his head. Where is everybody? As soon as he entered the kitchen, he spotted the bowl of cereal with a little note attached, once again written in his boyfriend's handwriting.

 

~Make sure you eat breakfast first! After you're done, MISSION START!~

 

Sehun couldn't decide if he should find the note adorable or if he should have a talk with his boyfriend about limiting his Running Man watching time.

 

While eating cereal, he called his boyfriend's cell. When Luhan didn't pick up, Sehun frowned. He was curious as to what Luhan had planned, but he was more disappointed with the fact that Luhan wasn't here. I guess I should leave if I want to see him...

 

Sehun didn't think he'd be walking towards the university on a Saturday, but here he was doing just that. There was barely anybody there, just a few students who wanted to study at the library or had club meetings to attend. When Sehun got inside of the general classroom building, he headed towards the elevator area. There were four elevators, and Sehun couldn't remember exactly which one was the one he had been in when he first laid eyes on Luhan. Was it this one? Sehun pushed the button next to the elevator furthest to the left. He waited for the elevator to come down to his floor, and when the light turned green – ding – Sehun's eyes widened.

 

What are you doing here?”

 

Waiting for the idiot that took an hour to get here,” Kai replied, looking highly bored as he stepped out of the elevator. He threw something at Sehun. When Sehun caught it, he realized that it was his teal hoodie – the one he wore when he first met Luhan.

 

Wear it,” Kai demanded.

 

Sehun raised his brow. “Why?”

 

Because if you don't I'm going to hurt you. I didn't wait inside an elevator on a perfectly good Saturday for you to ask me why.”

 

Sehun could tell that Kai meant what he said, so he quickly pulled the hoodie over his head. Once he was dressed, he eyed Kai with mild curiosity. Did Luhan really put him up to this?

 

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then yes, he did. I understand now why you can't ever say no to Luhan hyung. He knows magic I swear.”

 

Sehun grinned, causing Kai to roll his eyes. “Good luck,” Kai said as he started walking away.

 

Huh? Wait!” Sehun ran to catch up with Kai. “Is that it? You're just going to leave? Where is Luhan?”

 

Just check inside your pocket,” was all Kai said before he ran out of the building, leaving Sehun slightly confused.

 

Sehun put his hands inside the hoodie's front pocket and pulled out another polaroid picture of a smiling Luhan sitting on his suitcase in front of the elevator. He flipped to the back.

 

~Aww Sehun-ah, looks like you missed me. Maybe you'll have better luck if you go to where you first made me cry.~

 

Sehun read the last line over and over again to figure out where exactly was that? Where I first made him cry?...Ah! Sehun sprinted out of the building, and headed towards the playground near their neighborhood.

 

When he got there, his eyes landed on the figure that was sitting on one of the swings. He cleared his throat, and the person turned to face him. Sehun sighed. This is going to be a long day...

 

Why are you unhappy to see your hyung?” Chen asked with a smirk on his face. Instead of getting up, the older boy pushed his feet against the sand, and started swinging. “If you help me, I'll tell you what you need to know.”

 

Sehun stared at Chen for a moment, contemplating on whether he should just leave or actually push his hyung. Since he has no idea where Luhan was, Sehun realized that he actually doesn't have a choice. He made his way over to stand behind Chen and started pushing him.

 

Higher!” Chen demanded, laughing like a troll. “Come on Sehun, you can do better than this! Higher!”

 

Hyung, just tell me where I need to go next.”

 

Higher!”

 

Sehun groaned and pushed Chen even harder, giving him what he wanted. The older boy was almost horizontal on the swings. “YAHHHHH!! TOO HIGH! TOOO HIGH!” Chen screamed.

 

Instead of feeling bad, Sehun laughed. Real hard.

 

Why were you trying to kill me?” Chen asked when he got off the swings, his knees wobbling.

 

Sehun shrugged. “You wanted higher.”

 

Chen gave Sehun the evil eye, but didn't say anything else. He was still trying to calm his racing heart.

 

Now where is Luhan?”

 

You see that red X over there in the sandbox?”

 

Sehun looked over and Chen, wanting to get back at him, said, “He's over there. I think if you dig fast enough, he might still be alive.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, completely ignoring Chen as he walked over to the sandbox and picked up a plastic shovel.

 

Wow, you're a good digger. I've never seen such excellent digging,” Chen stated as he watched Sehun.

 

Hyung, please be quiet.” Or I'll bury you right here.

 

Oh. I see. You need your concentration. Dig on,” Chen said, giving Sehun a pat on the back before he sat down on the slide next to the sandbox.

 

You're not leaving?” Sehun asked, wondering why Chen would choose to watch him dig in a sandbox.

 

I'll leave after you find Luhan hyung's note.”

 

Ten minutes later...

 

It's not here!” Sehun said, throwing the shovel in frustration.

 

Really?” Chen walked over and inspected the hole that Sehun had created. “I could have sworn I put it in there – wait...” Chen dug his hands inside the back pocket of his jeans and –

 

HYUNG!”

 

Heh. Hehe. Oops?”

 

Sehun growled at Chen before snatching the polaroid picture from the older boy's hand. It was a picture of Luhan sitting on the exact swing Chen was sitting on before. Instead of smiling, like in the other pictures, Luhan was pouting.

 

~Sehun-ah, when are we going to meet? I'm starting to miss you :( Maybe if you go to where you realized you really cared about me, you'll see me (Hint: Where you saved me from the rain)~

 

He's really cute,” Chen commented after Sehun had read the note. “Makes me want to put a pink bow on him, shrink him down, and put him in my pocket.”

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Hyung, can we not talk about my boyfriend being inside your pocket? The image is disturbing – to say the least.”

 

Chen shrugged. “Fine with me, but can I keep the picture?”

 

..........No.”

 

Chen chuckled. “I'm kidding! Just playing with you maknae. Keep the picture.”

 

Hyung, tell me the truth, did Luhan tell you to bury the note in the sandbox?”

 

Chen shook his head, a grin plastered on his face. “Nope. That was all me. Thought I should challenge you a bit.”

 

Sehun groaned and walked away, not even bothering to wave at Chen, who was enthusiastically waving at him. “Good luck Sehun!!”

 

When Sehun got to the street where Luhan had mentioned, he spotted his music notes umbrella. He quickly made his way over to the older boy who was standing underneath it, looking highly embarrassed.

 

Hyung.”

 

Oh thank goodness! You're finally here. I thought I was going to die from embarrassment,” Xiumin said as he closed the umbrella and handed it to Sehun. “People were looking at me weird.”

 

I'll bet,” Sehun said, feeling bad for Xiumin who must have stood under the umbrella for a while now (thanks to Chen). The fact that the weather was nice and sunny probably made it more embarrassing.

 

The note's inside the umbrella,” Xiumin said, giving Sehun a smile.

 

You're one of my favorite hyungs, you know that?” Sehun said, feeling relieved that Xiumin wasn't anything like Chen.

 

Xiumin chuckled. “Chen was before me?” Sehun didn't even have to answer for Xiumin to understand, his face said it all.

 

The polaroid picture was one of Luhan standing under the umbrella, and it appeared that he had taken the picture while it was raining, but something was off about the picture. It was oddly sunny.

 

He took it this morning. In our backyard. We used a water hose,” Xiumin explained. Oh Bambi.. 

 

~Still waiting for you Sehun-ah. Are you coming? How about you go to where you first got hurt and Dr. Luhan fixed you right up?~

 

Good luck,” Xiumin said with a kind smile. “You're going to need it.”

 

Sehun didn't think much about what Xiumin said, but when he turned a corner and spotted the person sitting on the bench outside the convenience store where Luhan had gotten him a Hello Kitty band-aid after his frisbee accident, he froze. No way...

 

Yo. Are you going to stand there all day?” Kris asked when he noticed the maknae standing ten feet away. “Do I look that handsome?”

 

H-hyung, h-how?” Sehun stuttered, his mind having trouble grasping the fact that Luhan had gotten Kris to do something like this on a Saturday.

 

He's a persuasive little one,” Kris said simply. He pointed at the spot next to him. “Sit.”

 

Unlike with Chen, Sehun immediately followed orders and sat down. Kris was definitely different from Chen.

 

Umm.....” Awkward.

 

Kris sighed and took out something pink from his pocket. Sehun's eyes widened in horror when he caught sight of the object.

 

Hyung, nooo.”

 

Forehead.”

 

Reluctantly, Sehun pushed his hair to the side, exposing his forehead. “Uhhh hyunggg.”

 

Hey, I don't want to do this either!” Kris barked as he pasted the Hello Kitty band-aid on Sehun.

 

Compared to when Luhan had given Sehun the band-aid, Kris was much less gentle about it. He practically smacked it on Sehun's forehead.

 

Looks okay,” Kris said as he inspected the band-aid. Sehun turned around to see his reflection on the convenience store's window. Errr....The band-aid was lopsided, but he wasn't going to tell Kris that. Thankfully, his hair was long enough to cover the offensive band-aid.

 

Now here. Take this before anyone sees me holding it.” Kris quickly shove the pink band-aid box he had hidden under the bench into Sehun's hands. Sehun opened the box and inside was another polaroid picture of Luhan – one of him showcasing his forehead and an identical band-aid to Sehun's.

 

~Sehun-ah, what's taking so long? Don't you want to see me? Yes? Then go to where we oftentimes have our dates.~

 

After reading the note, Sehun did his best not to roll his eyes, because honestly it's Luhan's fault that this is taking so damn long.

 

Don't look so miserable,” Kris said with a low chuckle. “It's going to be worth it later....I think.” Wow. Thanks hyung.

 

Sehun opened the door to Heavenly Cafe, the location of their many dates, which weren't really dates because it basically consisted of Sehun waiting at a table for Luhan as he cleaned up. Most times Luhan would make him whatever drink he wanted, and tell Sehun that it was on the house. He would flirtatiously wink at Sehun and tell him he was cute – something that would, without fail, crack Sehun up.

 

Sehun frowned when he caught sight of all the couples enjoying their Valentine's Day. Still no Luhan.

 

Seeing Sehun, Tao immediately greeted him with a cup of freshly squeezed lemonade. “Luhan hyung said you'll probably be tired by now, so here you go.”

 

Thanks hyung.”

 

Let's order lunch,” Tao said before he called a waiter over. After they ordered, Sehun asked Tao if he knew what Luhan has planned. Tao shook his head. “I can't tell you. It's a surprise.”

 

Sehun groaned and planted his face on the table. “Hyung, just give me a hint. I've been running and digging – don't ask – around all day. I really need to know what he has planned.”

 

Tao reached over to pat Sehun's head. “It'll be okay, Sehun. You don't have that many hyungs left. You're almost at the end.”

 

That's reassuring,” Sehun mumbled.

 

One Love Sandwich for Sehun and Chicken Caesar sandwich for Tao,” Joon said as he placed their orders in front of them.

 

Love Sandwich? I didn't order this,” Sehun said, eyeing the heart shaped sandwich in front of him.

 

Luhan did.” Sehun perked up at the sound of that name causing Joon to laugh. “Yeah, you want it now, don't you?”

 

Well, since he ordered it --”

 

And made it,” Joon added. “This whole week, when he wasn't working, he'll be in the kitchen trying to make something. I guessed he wanted to make you something special for Valentine's. He told me to tell you that he may not be good at cooking, but he sure can make a sandwich! So enjoy!”

 

Awww. Luhan hyung is so adorable,” Tao cooed. “I wished someone made me a special sandwich.”

 

Yeah me too,” Joon stated, looking at Sehun with slight envy.

 

Sehun looked down at the heart sandwich in front of him. He lifted the bread to see what was in the sandwich and saw “I ♥ U” written in mayo.

 

Okay, Luhan probably is the best boyfriend ever.

 

Turns out, the older boy was also a genius when it comes to making sandwiches because that was probably the best sandwich Sehun has ever had the pleasure of eating. Or maybe he's overreacting – “overwhelmed by love” as Tao had put it.

 

Look under the plate,” Tao told him when they had finished eating.

 

Doing so, Sehun saw the polaroid picture stuck to the bottom of the plate – a picture of Luhan in the back kitchen, wearing an apron and holding up his Love Sandwich. Sehun could see his boyfriend's face beaming with pride. Cute.

 

~Sehun-ah, did you enjoy the sandwich? I hope so! Now go to where you first kissed me XOXO~

 

Sehun couldn't believe that he was running around all day only to be sent back home to his room. If his boyfriend was in fact waiting for him in their shared room, he's going to have a serious talk with him.

 

Uh hey hyung,” Sehun greeted awkwardly, not expecting to see Kyungsoo on his bed when he entered.

 

Don't worry, we're not going to re-enact the scene,” Kyungsoo teased.

 

Sehun wasn't even thinking about that, but now that Kyungsoo mentioned it.....BLEHHHHH.

 

The feeling's mutual,” Kyungsoo said with a smile. “Now if you could come sit next to me...”

 

When Sehun did as told, Kyungsoo handed him a tablet. “Press play.”

 

At first Sehun had no idea what he was watching. The person holding the camera was moving around too much, and he couldn't catch anything, not to mention how the video was dark and extremely loud. “Hyung, what --”

 

Keep watching.”

 

A few more seconds of blurry figures and shaky handling, Sehun spotted honey brown hair bouncing up and down. Luhan.

 

The cameraman zoomed in on the older boy, who had now taken something out of his bag – an LED board – and placed it over his head. The wide, over the moon smile on his boyfriend's face caused Sehun's heart to race a little faster.

 

This was during your performance for your club's competition,” Kyungsoo explained. “Luhan hyung didn't know we were filming him, so what you're seeing is uncut, raw footage of Luhan hyung doing what he does best. And that is showing you how much he loves you.”

 

Sehun-ahhhh WOOOOOOOO,” Luhan cheered, rocking his LED board like he was at a Kpop concert.

 

Sehun smiled. He didn't think it was possible for him to love Luhan more than he did this morning, but here he was, heart beating beautifully fast for the boy in the video, falling deeper.

 

You can hear us laughing in the background,” Kyungsoo said, and Sehun chuckled. In the background, aside from Luhan's screams of encouragement, the snickers of his hyungs could be heard.

 

He even heard Baekhyun asking, “Gah, can we please keep him in our room tonight?” and Chanyeol's “Sehun would probably skin us alive, but we can try!” Then two pairs of hands were seen reaching out for Luhan, who was completely oblivious to what was behind him. But a hand, coming out of nowhere, slapped Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's hands.

 

Kyungsoo said, “That's Suho's hand slapping their hands away.” Thank you, Suho hyung.

 

The video ended with people clapping for Sehun's performance. Sehun could hear his hyungs whistling and cheering for him, but all he could see was Luhan trying to whistle and giving up when he couldn't. The older boy went back to flashing his LED board, trying to catch Sehun's attention from where he was on the stage.

 

And the video ended with Luhan turning around to face the other boys and asking, with a flushed face and breathtaking smile, “Isn't Sehun the best?”

 

This wasn't part of his surprise,” Kyungsoo admitted, taking back the tablet. “But I found it today while I was waiting for you to come, so I thought I should show it to you. I'll send you the file.”

 

Thanks hyung. And can I ask you something?”

 

Sure.”

 

You didn't record my performance at all?” Sehun asked with his eyebrows raised.

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “That's on Lay's camera. I thought Luhan hyung was freaking cute, so I recorded him instead.”

 

Understandable,” Sehun said, grinning.

 

Now. Are you ready for the last part of your surprise?”

 

Sehun nodded. “Definitely.”

 

The next note is in this room. Find it. It's not that hard – almost in plain sight.” Kyungsoo wished him good luck before he left the room, leaving Sehun disappointed. Now I have to find it? It's like digging all over again.

 

Sehun ruffled his hair and laid down, exhausted. Wait...... Sehun quickly stood up on the bed and jumped to grab the sticky note that was placed on the ceiling right above their bed. Unlike the other notes, this one wasn't a polaroid picture and the message was really short.

 

~I love you~

 

At first Sehun couldn't figure out what Luhan meant by the message (aside from the obvious). Where is the next location? Is this really a hint? How am I supposed to figure –

 

Sehun ran out of his room, down the stairs, into the kitchen, and outside to the yard - where he first told Luhan he loved him. This has to be the final destination. 

 

As soon as he stepped outside, colorful lights decorated all along the bushes and trees lit up, a stream of twinkles lining the open space. In the middle stood all of his hyungs (with the exception of Baekyeol and Sulay). Some of them were smiling (Kyungsoo, Tao and Xiumin). Some of them looked like they would rather do something else (Kai and Kris). And Chen.... Well, he was holding a boombox and it looked as though he was dying to press something.

 

Last one. Promise,” Xiumin said as Sehun approached them, handing Sehun the last note. Written on it was two simple words - Turn around.

 

Sehun spun around and his eyes immediately landed on a figure standing across the yard.

 

Bambi.

 

Or really a person dressed up in a Bambi costume.

 

Lu?”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ HEYYYY I UPDATED!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! HUNHAN FLUFF!!! AHHHHH. ♥ I've always wanted to do the scavenger hunt type date. It's cute :) And Luhan is too adorable! And Chen. LOLLL. I cracked up when I typed his swinging part "TOOO HIGHHH TOO HIGHHH!' And Kris. LOL. Sehun's hyungs are all nice boys! Sweet of them to do that for Luhan. And the Baekyeol mention - LOL.They're obsessed with Lulu. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I did!! HUNHANNNNNN ♥♥♥♥ The charging. ASDFJGJHKJJLL. What are your favorite parts? Btw Luhan's "I ♥ U" written in mayo = GENIUS.Who honestly saw that coming? Hehe. Enjoy the mayo! 

 

This is just part 1 of Hunhan's V-day. Since my spring break has officially started, I will be updating more often. My goal is to squeeze out 3-4 chapters over the break. So let's hope I can do that! After the next chapter, the drama is coming back. Jinho will be appearing more often (more than you would like him to hehehe). 

 

Thank for waiting guys! I appreciate it. And I finally got 800+ subscribers!! Woooowwww!! YAY! I was really excited when I saw that. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING MY STORY! :D