Coins and Cotton Candy - BaekYeol

All I Care About

When Baekhyun woke up this morning and found red rose petals all over his side of the bed, he knew it was finally Valentine's Day – one of his favorite holidays. About an hour ago, he had heard Chanyeol leave the room, and he knew then that the boy was getting his surprise ready. But he had no idea that he would wake up to find his pillow completely covered in rose petals because instead of simply handing him the bouquet, Chanyeol had decided to decorate their entire bed, leaving a huge messy pile on Baekhyun's side. Oh Yeollie.

He picked up a petal, and turned to his side, where his boyfriend was sound asleep. Baekhyun's heart started beating rapidly at the sight of Chanyeol with curly hair sticking out in every direction, wearing a white sleeveless shirt with a smiling giraffe on it. Baekhyun had gotten him the shirt last weekend, and right now he decided that it was an excellent choice because his boyfriend's slightly muscular biceps were exposed, and they looked scrumptious. He wanted to reach out and touch those arms (maybe bite it a little), but thought better of it. I'll do that later, but first..

 

Baekhyun quietly made his way out of bed, careful not to wake Chanyeol. He walked over to their closet and got the necessary items.

 

Ten minutes later.....

 

Yeollieee,” Baekhyun cooed. From his spot at the foot of the bed, Baekhyun could see Chanyeol slightly stirring.“Wake up sleepyhead.”

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes, squeezing them shut as soon as the light hits. “Uhhh,” he groaned.

 

Yeollie.” Come on wake up!

 

Chanyeol, after realizing that Baekhyun was not next to him, sat up immediately and his eyes widened when he saw what was in front of him. “Uhhhh...Baek?”

 

There standing in front of the bed was Baekhyun, wearing nothing but his white briefs. This normally wouldn't surprise Chanyeol because Baekhyun does like to sleep in just his underwear sometimes.

 

No, it wasn't that.

 

The shock was due to the set of white wings Baekhyun had on – Luhan's wings (they kept it ever since the competition).

 

That and the plastic bow and arrow Baekhyun had in his hand. Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, causing Baekhyun to giggle.

 

Uhh Baek, why are you --”

 

Shoots.

 

A plastic arrow hits Chanyeol in the head.

 

It's Mr. Cupid,” Baekhyun declared with his signature sass.

 

Before Chanyeol could mutter another word, Baekhyun hopped on the bed, picked up the arrow, and aimed it at Chanyeol again. Shoots.

 

Bam.” Baekhyun grinned as the arrow made contact with Chanyeol's chest. “You're mine. Now fall in love with me.”

 

Finally over the shock, Chanyeol grinned and caught on to his boyfriend's cupid role play. “I already am.”

 

Baek smiled. “Good! Keep loving me then.” Putting his bow aside, he climbed onto Chanyeol's lap and snuggled the boy.

 

I don't plan on stopping,” Chanyeol said, wrapping his arms tightly around his Cupid.

 

And for the second time this morning, Baekhyun wanted to bite his boyfriend's arms. Gahhh Baek focus! But they're so – focus!

 

Happy Valentine's Day,” Baekhyun said, turning his attention away from Chanyeol's biceps and towards his face.

 

Happy Valentine's Day, Baek.” Chanyeol smiled and pulled him closer. Gaahhhh they're so muscular.

 

Before Baekhyun could give in to his intense urge to have a taste of those muscular arms, Chanyeol cupped his face.

 

I love you,” Chanyeol whispered before he pressed their lips together. The kiss was slow and lazy at first (like all of their morning kisses), but it gradually intensified to their usual tongue tango.

 

And even though Chanyeol still had morning breath, Baekhyun loved the kiss.

 

Actually he loves all of Chanyeol's kisses – even the sloppy ones.

 

I love you too,” Baekhyun said when they parted for air. Chanyeol flashed him his usual toothy grin – something else Baekhyun loves about Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol grabbed a handful of the rose petals and sprinkled them over Baekhyun's head. “You like my surprise?”

 

Baekhyun tried his best not to smile like a fool because he really did like the surprise. To be cool, he simply nodded. “Yeah. They're nice.”

 

Chanyeol scoffed. “You love it. Don't deny it.” He threw a petal at Baekhyun's face.

 

Yahh!” Baekhyun was about to take his pillow and whack Chanyeol in the face when he noticed the bandage on his boyfriend's index finger. “Did you get a cut?” he asked, his voice laced with concern.

 

Chanyeol looked at his finger and said, “Yeah. Even if I specifically ordered roses without thorns, there were still quite a few.”

 

Aww.” Baekhyun took his boyfriend's hand and inspected the damage. “You want me to kiss it?”

 

Chanyeol laughed. “No Baek. I don't.”

 

Why not?”

 

Because that would lead you to do something else with it and I think I hear the others waking up.”

 

Baekhyun raised his brows. “So what? It's not like they don't know what goes on in our room.”

 

He grinds his hips against Chanyeol to make his point. Chanyeol stiffened a bit, but otherwise remained straight faced. Interesting....

 

Baek, it's just that you're especially vocal in the morning,” Chanyeol explained, his lips slightly twitching as if he was trying to keep himself from smirking.

 

And?” Baekhyun asked, not quite sure where this was going because frankly, he had no shame in being loud and he thought Chanyeol didn't either.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “And the other members forced me to sign an agreement that said we wouldn't be so loud in the morning.”

 

Baekhyun simply stared at Chanyeol for a moment, still trying to grasp the words that came out of his boyfriend's mouth. And when he finally realized that the other members basically forced his boyfriend to sign a pact not to have glorious morning .....Oh hell no.

 

WHAT?!” Baekhyun hollered. He wasn't yelling at his boyfriend. He was simply being loud to disturb the others.

 

I have a copy of the contract if you want to see it...” Chanyeol reached into their nightstand and pulled out a piece of paper.

 

That was laminated.

 

Oh. Hell. No.

 

Baekhyun snatched the offending sheet and quickly scanned the words. His mouth hung open when he read the specifics.

 

No screaming, , groaning, excessive gasping, and all other -related noises shall be heard starting from the early hours of the morning to noon.

 

The only reason Baekhyun didn't tear this contract up was due to the fact that it was freaking laminated.

 

Um. Why did you sign this?” Baekhyun asked, trying to remain calm because dammit, this isn't how I want to start my Valentine's Day!

 

Because...” Chanyeol pointed to a spot near the bottom of the contract. When Baekhyun read the name that was next to the terms “Contract Established By” he completely understood.

 

Well, Kris hyung needs to get himself laid because he's messing with our flow,” Baekhyun stated.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Yeah, I agree.”

 

This .....I was really looking forward to --”

 

Yeah, I know,” Chanyeol said with a grin.

 

Baekhyun read the contract over again in hopes of finding a loophole of some sort. He didn't take (and failed) an introductory law class for nothing!

 

Wait......Hold on......Baekhyun's eyes brightened. Yeollie!”

 

Hm?”

 

The contract states we are prohibited from engaging in activities that would cause me to be loud, but it doesn't say anything about....” Baekhyun wiggled his brows.

 

About what?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun had always known his boyfriend was a bit slower than him.

 

Tch. Yeollie.” Baekhyun slowly traced his index finger down his boyfriend's chest, and when he got to the waistband of his boyfriend's pajamas bottom, he smirked. “As long as you're not loud, I think we can still have a fabulous morning,” Baekhyun said, eyes looking extremely determined and a tad bit lusty.

 

And for someone who tends to be slow, Chanyeol quickly got the idea Baekhyun was trying to convey – especially after Baekhyun slipped his hand into his pants. That was a no-brainer.

 

Baekhyun giggled when Chanyeol's face lit up, want and excitement evident on his deliciously handsome face.

 

He gave Chanyeol a sweet kiss on the lips before he whispered, “Happy Valentine's Day Yeollie,” into his boyfriend's ear.

 

And when Baekhyun's hand got to work, it was indeed a very Happy Valentine's Day – for both of them.

 

Should we see what Hunhan is up to this morning?” Baekhyun asked after he strapped his quiver (the case that holds his arrows) onto his . Chanyeol was changing into a new pair of pants.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “I think we should let them be. I'm sure Luhan hyung is still asleep.”

 

Baekhyun grinned. “You're right...They did start their Valentine early.” He giggled at the thought of shy Hunhan having a jump start on the romantic holiday. Cute!

 

They left their room and when they past by Hunhan's room, Baekhyun had to stop his hand from reaching towards the knob. Force of habit.

 

Before they entered the kitchen where the other boys were all gathered, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun aside and asked, “You sure about this?”

 

Baekhyun grinned. “No one forces my boyfriend to sign an evil contract and get away with it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “But you might be scarring the innocent ones as well.”

 

Ah well. for them.” Baekhyun pulled his briefs higher and checked if his wings were properly in place. “It's payback time.”

 

After going through their plan once more, Chanyeol and Baekhyun fist bumped each other before entering the kitchen and well, ruining everybody's morning.

 

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

 

OH MY GOD!!”

 

BAEKHYUNNNN!!”

 

HYUNG!”

 

PUT ON SOME DAMN CLOTHES!!”

 

WHY ARE YOU IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!??!”

 

MY EYES!”

 

Baekhyun turned around and wiggled his . “THAT'S RIGHT! TAKE ALL OF THIS IN! LOOK AT MY MAGNIFICENT BODY!”

 

Chanyeol cracked up next to him with tears in his eyes. Baekhyun felt his heart swelled – he always loved making his boyfriend laugh so hard that he would start tearing. It felt satisfying.

 

And the faces the other boys were giving him was also very satisfying.

 

To spice up his surprise for the boys, he did the Kara “Mister” dance. If he was to be completely honest, he was better at it than the girls themselves. That's right!

 

When he finished, he intertwined his fingers with Chanyeol, who was smiling so brilliantly that Baekhyun couldn't help but blush. He calmly took a seat next to Tao, who noticeably scooted away. Tch, oh my precious panda.

 

That is your seat from now on,” Kris stated with a dead serious face. Chen, who was standing near the drawers, grabbed a marker from one of the drawers, quickly ran over to Baekhyun's chair, and scribbled the boy's name on one of the legs.

 

That's very nice of you Chen. Thanks! My own chair,” Baekhyun squealed. Kris glared at him for a second, but he gave up when Baekhyun merely smiled back. Tch, maybe next time hyung.

 

Care to explain why you're burning our eyes?” Kai asked, his eyes glued to Chanyeol because looking at Baekhyun was too difficult for him.

 

You mean enriching,” Baekhyun corrected as he placed his bow and arrow on the table to grab a piece of toast from the center. “In case you couldn't tell, I'm Cupid.”

 

Oh I think we got that,” Kyungsoo said, gesturing towards the wings and the bow and arrow. “But why?

 

Because it's Valentine's Day,” Chanyeol stated with a grin as Baekhyun poured him a cup of apple juice.

 

Okay, maybe I should rephrase that – why are you dressed like that for us to see?”

 

It's really hard on the eyes,” Tao said with a frown.

 

It's atrocious,” Kai added.

 

Baekhyun fake gasped. “Excuse me for trying to bring romance into this room.”

 

We really didn't need it,” Xiumin stated, doing his best to avoid looking at Baekhyun's hardened s (it was a bit chilly in the kitchen).

 

Everybody needs Cupid,” Baekhyun reasoned. “If you haven't notice, since I arrived, the mood has certainly lifted. You're welcome.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes. “No one is thanking you.”

 

No one thanks Cupid, but he still does his job. With a smile,” Baekhyun argued, getting a bit snappy at how unappreciative the other boys were acting.

 

Come on guys, admit it. Baekhyun is a very cute Cupid,” Chanyeol said, looking at everyone, waiting for a confirmation that would never come.

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “Forget it Yeollie. They don't know what cute is.” He decided to prove his point by doing the famous Bbuing Bbuing aegyo move, and unsurprisingly, the boys either fake gagged or glared at him like he was a nutcase. “See?”

 

Chanyeol smiled and cooed, “Aww Baek, you're so adorable.” He gave Baekhyun a quick peck on the cheek, further ruining everybody's breakfast.

 

Thank you love,” Baekhyun said, adding a wink to his lovely boyfriend. He turned his attention to the others – noting the absence of Suho and Lay. Bummer. Maybe next time.

 

So what are you ers doing for Valentine's?”

 

Ignoring you two,” Kyungsoo said. The other boys nodded, clearly agreeing.

 

Well that's exciting,” Chanyeol said with sarcasm. He turned to look at Baek and smile. “How about we have Cupid here brighten your Valentine?”

 

That was the cue.

 

Before Kris could object to whatever it was they had planned, Baekhyun sprung up from his seat, quickly grabbing his bow and arrow. Chanyeol got up and went to stand behind Kai and Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun dramatically got himself into shooting position. He aimed the arrow and shoots. The arrow hits Kai in the throat.

 

OWW! Hyung!”

 

Chanyeol grabbed Kai's and Kyungsoo's heads and turned them towards each other, forcing them to see eye to eye.

 

You two are now in love, so kiss!” Baekhyun ordered.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai closed their eyes for a second, but instead of kissing like Baekhyun had wanted them to, they spun their heads around and glared at Baekhyun.

 

And you two are now banned from the kitchen for a week,” Kyungsoo said with a stern voice.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “Anything for the sake of love.” He got another arrow out of his quiver and pointed it towards Chen. Shoots. The arrow hits Chen in the mouth.

 

YAH!” Chen shouted, touching his lips – checking if he was bleeding (he wasn't).

 

Chanyeol forced Chen to look at Xiumin. “Let Xiumin hyung make you feel better.”

 

Chen and Xiumin stared at each other for a second before Chen snorted and Xiumin smacked Chanyeol's hand.

 

No way,” Chen said.

 

I agree,” Xiumin said, looking appalled that Baekyeol would think he and Chen would be a couple.

 

Baekhyun sighed. Zero for two. He turned his attention to Kris and Tao. Maybe I'll have better luck with these two. He and Chanyeol made eye contact, telepathically communicating with each other. Chanyeol quickly went over to stand behind Kris and Tao.

 

Baekhyun aimed his arrow at Kris. Shoots. The arrow hits its intended target in the forehead. Yes!

 

Chanyeol grabbed Kris and Tao's heads and turned them towards each other, forcing Kris and Tao to be merely inches apart. And from the looks on both their faces, they were uncomfortable with being so close.

 

Kris hyung, you are hereby in love with Tao,” Baekhyun declared with a theatrical voice. “Now treasure those panda eyes!”

 

The whole kitchen was hit with an unusual silence until the only thing that was heard was Kris's growl. The older boy slowly turned his head away from Tao and shot Baekhyun a murderous glare. He picked up the arrow that had smacked him in the forehead, and tossed it back towards Baekhyun. He looked up at Chanyeol, who had released his hands from both his and Tao's heads.

 

If you want your Cupid alive, I suggest you keep him in check,” Kris said with such intensity, Chanyeol shivered and scurried over to Baekhyun, who paled.

 

The other boys started snickering at how the couple were seemingly terrified of Kris.

 

Kris cleared his throat. “Now if you two idiots could finish your breakfast and continue on your merry way, we would appreciate it.”

 

Baekhyun took a second to recover from the threat that Kris had issued a second ago. He took a deep breath. “Kris hyung, I mean this with the utmost hyung-dongsaeng respect – you need to loosen up and get laid.”

 

Everybody gasped.

 

Baekhyun stood his ground. He didn't intend on taking back what he said – he has a rule to never regret what comes out of his mouth.

 

And although Baekhyun was proud of himself for saying what he's been thinking for so long, he could also see his entire life flash before his eyes.

 

Kris sat silently for a moment, probably still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that Baekhyun had said that to him - everybody was actually. Who would have thought that Cupid would tell Kris to get laid?

 

The tense atmosphere was interrupted when Luhan entered the kitchen, wearing a perfectly ironed white buttoned-shirt and black slacks and an adorable red bow tie – the epitome of a cute valentine.

 

Baekhyun immediately pictured stripping Luhan down to nothing but his underwear and putting the wings on him.

 

Morning guys,” the boy greeted. “Happy Valentine's Day!”

 

Everybody simply stared at Luhan, who couldn't looked happier. He disappeared behind the entrance and quickly returned with a bunch of Valentine gift baskets. “I got everybody something.” He then handed each of them a basket, an almost too bright smile on his face.

 

When he got to Baekhyun, he paused. “B-baekhyun? W-why are you...? Aren't you cold?”

 

Baekhyun wanted to say, “Yes, I am cold, but I would have been dead if it wasn't for you hyung,” but he decided not to – in case Kris still wanted to kill him.

 

Baekhyun took the basket, giving the older boy a sincere thank you – more for coming in at the perfect time than the basket. He quickly sat back down, placing his bow and arrow on the floor. He also avoided eye contact with Kris.

 

Luhan handed Kris a gift basket that, instead of containing candy and chocolates like the others, had an assortment of facial cream. “I know you don't really like sweets, so I got you these instead. They were on sale. Apparently, a lot of guys buy their girlfriends facial creams on Valentine's.”

 

Even with the jab on Kris's masculinity, Luhan didn't get anything but a grateful “Thanks,” from Kris. In fact, Kris looked like he was on cloud nine.

 

The Luhan Effect.

 

Baekhyun prayed that Kris had forgotten about their incident a moment ago.

 

When Kris turned to look at him, Baekhyun held his breath. Kris cleared his throat. “I'll pretend I never heard that,” he stated before taking some of the bottles out of his basket and reading the labels. Whew!

 

Baekhyun got up and hugged Luhan. He wasn't even thinking about what he would say if Sehun came in and saw his boyfriend being hugged by a nearly Baekhyun. He'll probably receive another death threat, but that wasn't important. Luhan was his savior, and a tight hug was what he deserves!

 

You really are an angel hyung,” Baekhyun whispered when he lets go of Luhan. My guardian angel.

 

The older boy raised his brow, slightly confused. “Uhh...Okay.”

 

When Baekhyun sat back down, Luhan clapped his hands. “Now since we're all here – wait...where's Suho and Lay?”

 

They're having breakfast in bed,” Chanyeol answered. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, surprise on his face because he didn't think the Sulay couple would be that .

 

Or maybe they were just eating in bed....Yeah probably that.

 

Oh,” Luhan said before he shook his head. “That's fine. I figured that they would want to spend their Valentine together...” He gave them all a huge grin, and if he didn't look so darn lovable, Baekhyun would have been slightly terrified because he was positive that the grin had implications behind it.

 

I was wondering if you could help me with something....” Luhan started fiddling with his fingers, upping his cute factor. This is what Sehun has to deal with every day.....Lucky maknae!

 

Everybody exchanged glances, probably all aware that they are now being forced into something they might not have wanted to participate in... But of course, since this was Luhan, none of them objected.

 

Baekhyun always had a secret admiration for how Luhan could easily have people wrapped around his finger – not to mention how Luhan could give people gifts bribes, but still looked so innocent as he asked for a favor.

 

I wonder what Luhan hyung has planned for Sehun,” Chanyeol said as they closed the front door. Both of them had on a backpack – a necessity for their dates. Since they were also a couple, Luhan had let them go, and right now they were headed to where they always go on Valentine's Day – where everything started.

 

I took a peek at his notebook while he was planning his surprise, and let's just say that Sehun is going to be tired, but really happy at the end,” Baekhyun said, lacing his fingers with Chanyeol.

 

Isn't that always the case for Sehun? He complains, but in the end he knows he loves doing things for Luhan hyung.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Yeah. Our maknae is a er for his deer.”

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Just like how I'm a er for you?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “You know it.” He squeezed Chanyeol's hand.

 

They passed by a couple that was also in the middle of their date. The guy was carrying a box of chocolate and the girl had a teddy bear and a bunch of balloons. That reminds me...

 

Hey Yeollie, what happened to my chocolate covered strawberries?”

 

Baekhyun is not the type of boyfriend to demand his boyfriend give him gifts, but it was a bit strange that Chanyeol, who had always given him a box of chocolate covered strawberries, had given him nothing but a bed full of rose petals (though he loved the surprise).

 

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun, a suspicious glimmer in his eyes told Baekhyun that something was up. Maybe a bigger surprise?

 

I got you something else...I think you'll like it.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You should know by now that I love everything you give me.”

 

Chanyeol smiled, but didn't say anything else. Hmm..

 

Lovers Fountain,” Baekhyun read the huge pink banner that was displayed at the center of the community square. “Oooo, Yeollie, can we go there?”

 

Chanyeol glanced towards the said fountain, where a good number of couples were gathered. “Sure.”

 

They made their way to the fountain (Baekhyun subtly pushing people out of his way) and stopped in front of the sign.

 

A wish fountain for lovers.

Each partner throws one coin in and if the lights turn on,

then their wish will surely come true on this Valentine's Day.

 

Baekhyun watched as a couple threw their coins in and sure enough the fountain glowed a pretty pink color. He knew that the lights were activated from the coins hitting the fountain's bottom, and that this was just a way to get people to throw money into a fountain, but he was also a romance enthusiast.

 

Which was why he blinked at Chanyeol, silently telling his boyfriend that he wanted to throw coins in the fountain. And Chanyeol, receiving the message, checked his coat pockets for coins. He retrieved two coins. It was meant to be. Baekhyun took one of the coin and smiled. He looked inside his backpack for a marker.

 

We should put our initials on it,” Baekhyun said as he scribbled his onto the coin. “In case we come back and want to easily spot ours.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and scribbled his initials onto the coin. “Ready?” he asked when he was done. Baekhyun nodded and turned to face the fountain. He closed his eyes and wished.

 

I wish to make Park Chanyeol happy for the rest of our lives.

 

On the count of 3,” Baekhyun said after he checked whether or not Chanyeol was done making his wish. He closed his hand, squeezing the coin tightly. “One.”

 

Two,” Chanyeol said as he too squeeze his coin.

 

Three,” they both said before they tossed their coins into the fountain.

 

As silly as it sounds, Baekhyun found himself mentally chanting glow, glow, glow when the coins hit the water. And when the water in the fountain shined with the pink color he had seen earlier, Baekhyun felt incredibly happy.

 

That was cool,” Chanyeol stated when they walked away from the fountain, satisfied smiles on both of their faces. Baekhyun hummed in response. It really was.

 

They were at the subway station, trying to buy their tickets when Chanyeol realized that there was a reason why he only had two coins in his pocket. It was for the ticket fee.

 

And to make it worse, the machine didn't accept any credit cards or large bills, so they had no way of getting the needed change.

 

This , Baekhyun thought as they walked back to the Lovers Fountain. Chanyeol gave him an apologetic look before he bent over and dipped his hand into the water.

 

Wait!” Baekhyun grabbed his boyfriend's arm. “Don't take other people's wishes!”

 

You want me to take ours?” Chanyeol asked, knitting his brows together.

 

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip. Honestly, he didn't, but they really needed the money and he didn't want to crush other people's hopes and wishes. That would be evil.

 

Yeah,” he said.

 

Okay..” Chanyeol scanned the fountain for their coins. Baekhyun once again thought that this was definitely meant to be because here they are - looking to take back their specially marked coins.

 

Found it,” Chanyeol claimed as he reached over to the center of the fountain, and.......

 

SPLASHHHHHH.

 

Oh my god! Yeollie!

 

Chanyeol had leaned a little too forward, resulting in him falling into the fountain. And to make matters worse, the security guard that was in charge of the area started blowing his whistle. The man was probably under the impression that they were trying to steal money from the fountain and quickly ran towards their direction. Crap!

 

Baekhyun jumped into the fountain and grabbed his boyfriend's hand. “Yeollie, we have to go now!”

 

WHEET! WHEET! WHEET!

 

Wait! I have to find your coin first.” Chanyeol's eyes surveyed the fountain and when he spotted the coin with the initials BB on it, he snatched it up. “Okay! Let's go!”

 

The two of them jumped out of the fountain, splashing everybody that was close, and made a dash for it.

 

Although Baekhyun was shivering because it was cold outside and they had just taken a dip in freezing water, he was also laughing merrily as he ran away with Chanyeol. He looked down at their joined hands, and even if they were running away from a furious security guard, he smiled. His hand was cold and slightly red, but the fact that it was held tightly by Chanyeol's equally cold hand, warmed him and sent his heart beating a mile a minute.

 

And for that moment, he couldn't hear the whistles coming from the guard. He couldn't hear the bystanders gossiping about the two poor boys who had stolen from the fountain. He couldn't hear Chanyeol's gasping for air as he led both of them down a street.

 

All Baekhyun heard was the rapid beating of his heart for the only boy that he could see himself running with.

 

No matter where Chanyeol wanted to go, Baekhyun was going to be there with him. Running alongside him.

 

And even if he gets tired (like he is now), he'll keep on running because anywhere with Chanyeol is worth running to.

 

Anywhere with Chanyeol is where he wants to be.

 

PARK CHANYEOL,” Baekhyun hollered, causing Chanyeol to look at him, surprise on his face. “I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU KNOW THAT?!”

 

The surprise look on Chanyeol's face quickly turned to that of pure bliss. The taller boy grinned. “BYUN BAEKHYUN! I LOVE YOU MORE, DO YOU KNOW THAT!?”

 

And the both of them laughed as they kept on running down the streets. Neither of them caring that people were staring at them. It was their moment.

 

And Baekhyun loved every second of it.

 

After outrunning the guard, they entered the subway station, bought their tickets using the coins they had worked so hard to get back, and headed straight for the bathrooms, where they changed into the spare clothes they had in their backpacks. They always pack extra clothes with them – it's not unusual for them to need a new set of clothes whenever they go out. Baekhyun thinks that it's one of the many things he likes about dating his bestfriend. They were prepared for anything.

 

When they finally arrived at their destination, it was late afternoon. The school should be out by now. They walked past the front gates of their old elementary school and Baekhyun couldn't help but reminisce about their past, about how they met....

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was the first day of kindergarten, and Baekhyun, who was normally a very chatty and sociable 5 year old, found himself extremely nervous. He had never been away from his parents for so long, and the thought of having to share things with other kids he believed to be disgustingly dirty terrified him. He walked into his classroom with his head hung low, after having failed at begging his mother to let him stay with her instead. He even gave her aegyo! He looked around the classroom, and spotted a boy a little shorter than him with unruly hair (curls that stuck out in odd places) sitting by himself. The kid had on a green neon shirt, black cargo pants, and a polka dot bow tie. A strange combination. He looked tacky, but Baekhyun felt instantly drawn to the boy. He made his way over and sat next to said boy.

 

Hey, my name is Byun Baekhyun, and you're my friend from now on.”

 

The boy blinked at him a few times before he smiled, showcasing his missing teeth. It was a bit scary.

 

Hi! I'm Park Chanyeol. And cool, we can be friends forever! You look really cute you know that?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Yeah. I know. People always tell me that.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “People always tell me I look special!”

 

Baekhyun eyed the boy up and down, taking in his appearance once again. He couldn't argue with that. This Chanyeol boy was definitely special.

 

Lunch time...

 

The teacher had requested that everybody take out their lunch boxes, and Baekhyun looked inside his backpack for his box. When he took it out, he noticed how Chanyeol kept staring at it.

 

Where is your lunchbox?”

 

I was hungry in the morning, so I ate it all.. I forgot about lunch.” The boy frowned. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and passed his lunch box towards Chanyeol.

 

Here. Have some of my lunch. My mom always give me a lot of sandwiches – more than I can eat.”

 

Chanyeol's entire face lit up. “Really?”

 

Yeah.” Baekhyun also handed the milk carton he had to the other boy. “You can have my milk too.”

 

Chanyeol tilted his head. “You don't want it? My mom tells me to always drink my milk. So you should drink yours. It is supposed to make you tall.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “Since my dad is tall, I know I'm going to be tall when I grow up, so I don't need milk. But you look pretty small, so take it.”

 

Chanyeol looked at him curiously before he gave in and took Baekhyun's milk, apparently he also thought that he was small and needed a bit of growing.

 

The two of them have been inseparable since.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

I think the school is hosting a fair,” Chanyeol said, pointing towards the soccer field where a bunch of people were gathered. Baekhyun noticed that there was a stage set up in the center. It looked like the kids were getting ready to perform a show. They walked over to the area, and stood in the parents section. The kids performed an adorable play about a cat that fell in love with a dog. Towards the end, when the kids were performing their big number, Baekhyun realized that Chanyeol wasn't next to him. He looked around, eyes searching for his giant. The parents started clapping and Baekhyun assumed that the show was over, so he absentmindedly clapped along, his attention still focused on the crowd.

 

Um. Checking. 1.2.3,” his boyfriend's deep voice could be heard from the stage. Baekhyun whirled around. Yeollie.

 

Hi everybody,” Chanyeol greeted with his signature grin. “Since today is Valentine's Day, I like to dedicate this rap to --” His eyes met Baekhyun's own.

 

Cupid.”

 

Baekhyun could have sworn he saw fireworks behind his boyfriend. This was simply too good to be true. Chanyeol was on stage, rapping a self-composed song and dedicating it to him. When Chanyeol's lyrics mentioned milk, Baekhyun's face broke out into a lovestruck grin. And oh my god. Baekhyun is falling for Chanyeol all over again.

 

That was amazing,” Baekhyun squealed when Chanyeol finished and got off the stage.

 

You like it?”

 

Of course!”

 

Chanyeol smiled and grabbed his hand. “I'm hungry. Let's go grab something to eat.” Baekhyun thought it was strange that his boyfriend suddenly wanted to eat after such a romantic serenade, but hey this was Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun raised a brow when Chanyeol handed him a stick of cotton candy. “You want to eat cotton candy?”

 

Yeah...Why not?”

 

Baekhyun looked over to the popcorn vender. “I want popcorn though...”

 

We can have that later. Finish your cotton candy first.” He started eating his own cotton candy.

 

Usually Baekhyun would harass Chanyeol to tell him what was going on, but today, for some reason, he just went with it. And without him realizing, they started walking away from the fair, both of them eating their cotton candy. Chanyeol finished first, so that was why Baekhyun assumed that the taller boy was peeking at him every now and then – to see if he was done. When Baekhyun finished his cotton candy, he finally caught sight of the stick and –

 

OH. MY. GOD.

 

Attached to the tip of the stick was a ring. A platinum ring.

 

Baekhyun stopped walking, rendered speechless. The hand that was holding the stick started shaking. His heart was beating faster than ever. And he could feel his head spinning. There was a ring in his cotton candy for goodness' sake!

 

When he finally got his mind and his mouth to work again, he uttered, “Chanyeol....”

 

Chanyeol, who was still walking when Baekhyun had stopped, turned around. Baekhyun tore his eyes away from the ring and when he made eye contact with Chanyeol, his heart skipped a beat.

 

Chanyeol smiled, and it was such a beautiful smile. Stunning. Breathtaking. Baekhyun was almost blinded by how happy he looked. When Chanyeol dug into his back pocket and pulled out a similar platinum ring to the one on his stick, Baekhyun nearly had a heart attack.

 

Chanyeol placed the band on his ring finger, held it out for Baekhyun to see, and cleared his throat. “So......what do you say?”

 

I-is this a p-pr-proposal!? CHANYEOL IS PROPOSING?!!?

 

Chanyeol grinned. “Yes, Byun Baekhyun, I'm proposing.”

 

For the second time tonight, Baekhyun felt his heart skipped a beat. And he also felt something pricking his eyes.

 

Will you be mine forever?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun placed his free hand over his erratically beating heart, and looked at the ring that was still stuck to the stick. Slowly, he detached the ring from the stick and tossed the stick aside. He placed it on his ring finger and took a deep breath.

 

Baekhyun looked back up at Chanyeol, and with tears in his eyes, uttered the words, “Yes, Park Chanyeol. Yes.” He ran into his boyfriend arms and kissed him.

 

And they stay like that for a long time. Baekhyun, with tears still running down the side of his face, feverishly kissed the love of his life. Making sure that Chanyeol understood just how much he meant to him.

 

And Chanyeol kissed him back just as passionately. Making sure Baekhyun understood just how happy he makes him.

 

When they part and after Chanyeol placed him back on the ground, the taller boy grinned. “I love you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “I know.” He wiggled his ring finger. Chanyeol laughed. Baekhyun tiptoed, so he could be almost eye level with his boyfriend.

 

I love you too,” he said before pressing his lips against Chanyeol's.

 

Baekhyun concluded that this was the best Valentine's Day ever and that the only thing that could top today was the thought of spending forever with Chanyeol.

 

He looked forward to being with Chanyeol, talking with him, laughing with him, sleeping with him, waking up with him, loving him for the rest of his life......

 

 

 

~~~~~~ OMG! THE FLUFF! THE FLUFF!!!!!! BAEKYEOL FLUFFF!!!! THEY'RE ENGAGED!!!! EVERYBODY PARTY HARD! Lol. How was the chapter? I thought it was hilarious, completely showcasing Baekyeol's crazy antics, but at the same time sweet as cotton candy! OMG. The contract and the grinding and the hands slipping under his pants. OMG. lol. Cupid Baekhyun ruining everybody's morning = awesomeness. Lol. Payback is awesome. And then the fountain scene - FLUFFFF!! They took back their coins! Lol. Baekyeol style! And then the flashback - CUTENESS everywhere. They were best friends since kindergarten, so you could understand the attachment they feel towards each other (and how they can easily complete each other's sentences). Finally, THE PROPOSAL. COTTON CANDY! That was sweet, pun intended. Hhahaha. 

 

Also you guys got hints of what Hunhan's V-day is going to be like. Looking forward to it? I am! Lol. It's going to be fluff-tastic ♥ But you won't get it till next weekend. Hehehe. I'm hoping that this long Baekyeol chapter will keep you satisfied until then :p 

 

Do leave me comments about your favorite parts of the chapter. I love reading those. Thanks for reading!! See you in a few days! I leave you with Baekyeol gifs - 

 

 

P.s. I didn't edit the chapter yet, so ignore the errors and enjoy the Baekyeol :)