The Mark

All I Care About

 “Sehun-ah, are you feeling better?” Luhan asked once he crawled into bed beside Sehun.

Yeah. Since you weren't here, I got plenty of rest --”

 

Luhan frowned and flipped to his side, his back facing Sehun.

 

Kidding! I was joking. Come onnn.” Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan. “I didn't mean it.”

 

Shouldn't you be asleep?” Luhan asked sarcastically. “Because that was all you did yesterday.” He pushed Sehun's arms away and huffed. “Good night Sehun.”

 

Sehun chuckled and pulled him closer, his back flushed against his boyfriend's chest. “I'm sorry,” Sehun said softly, lips brushing his ear. “I'm sorry I was a boring patient... But I'm better now. Promise that I'm more exciting when I'm healthy.”

 

Luhan gulped. He knew what Sehun meant by “more exciting” and his cheeks burned from the fact. Don't give in. Don't give in. You can do this!

 

Good night Sehun,” he repeated, doing his best to ignore the fact that Sehun was dangerously close and his body was reacting against his will.

 

Oh it will be,” Sehun whispered in his ear and Luhan could almost hear the smirk forming on Sehun's face. He wanted to push Sehun away, but when he felt familiar hands suddenly fondling him underneath his shirt, Luhan remained still. He squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lip, trying his best not to make embarrassing noises. Aisssshhhhhh! Why are his hands so warm?! This isn't fair!

 

I missed you,” Sehun admitted, lips just barely touching the side of Luhan's face. Luhan's eyes snapped open, his heart racing a mile a minute because did he just say he missed me?

 

Yes, you were a bit bothersome when you wouldn't let me sleep --” Grrrr. “But when you weren't here, it annoyed me even more. I hated not having you next to me, staring at me, when I woke up. I hated having to eat without you fighting me for the spoon. The whole day I just felt........ lonely.” Oh.

 

Sehun pressed his lips against Luhan's cheek. “I'm sorry about cursing at you last night,” he said in between kisses.

 

Luhan sighed. “I-it's okay. I'm sorry about waking you up just to check your temperature.”

 

Every 15 minutes,” Sehun added, grinning.

 

Yeah. Sorry about that.”

 

Sehun chuckled, the sound sending shivers down Luhan's spine. After a few more minutes of Sehun pressing soft kisses down the side of Luhan's face, Luhan's eyelids started drooping – Sehun's kisses lulling him to sleep.

 

Hey. Heyyy. You can't go to sleep,” Sehun said, no longer kissing Luhan when he realized that he was slowly putting him to sleep.

 

Why not?” Luhan mumbled, eyes closed.

 

Because we're in the middle of something!”

 

Of what?”

 

You know....that.”

 

That?”

 

Sehun groaned from behind him. “D-don't you need any.....charging?”

 

Luhan smiled and slowly opened his eyes. “Nope. I'm good.” He pretended to scoot away from Sehun.

 

Sehun growled and held him tighter. “Well, don't you think you should keep your charger happy? Considering the many times you need charging.”

 

I've never thought of that actually.....Sehun-ah?”

 

Yeah??” Sehun's voice suddenly perking up, his face leaning over Luhan's, ready to hear whatever it was Luhan wanted to tell him. Well isn't someone feeling eager.. This should be fun.

 

Do you want to...” Luhan began, purposely taking his time.

 

Want to what??”

 

Take a trip to a hot springs resort or a spa this weekend?”

 

..............”

 

That'll make me very happy. And since you're happy when I'm happy, I thought that would be perfect.”

 

...............”

 

How about it?”

 

You're kidding.” Luhan could hear the scowl in Sehun's voice.

 

Luhan giggled, feeling satisfied with his teasing. “Am I?”

 

There was a moment of silence before Sehun menacingly said, “You're going to get it.”

 

Get what?”

 

That was the last coherent thing that came out of Luhan's mouth before Sehun started peppering his face with rough kisses, grumbling about how Luhan drives him absolutely crazy.

 

Luhan took that as a compliment.

 

When Sehun started kissing the side of his jaw, Luhan squirmed. He wasn't protesting or anything like that. It was his shy way of encouraging Sehun – telling Sehun that he doesn't mind getting "it." And when Sehun started kissing and on his sensitive spot at the back of his neck, Luhan pretty much accepted what Sehun was giving him. Happily.

 

He would have thanked him if it wasn't for the fact that his mind was extremely jumbled – Sehun's touch always had that effect on him. And tonight, Sehun was being especially generous, which made it even harder for Luhan to say anything that made sense.

 

All he could actually express was “Ahhh Sehun-ahhh nghh not so nggghhh aaahh that tickles hahh Sehun-ah!”

 

 

******

Are you sleepy?” Jinho asked after catching Luhan yawning a few times in class. He found it odd that Luhan came into class that morning smiling, eyes twinkling, face glowing, only to be nodding off a few minutes later – his eyes struggling to stay open.

 

Luhan nodded and yawned again. “I didn't get much sleep last night.”

 

I understand,” Jinho murmured, nodding his head sympathetically.

 

Luhan whirled his head around to face Jinho, eyeing him nervously. “You do?”

 

Yeah. You were up late studying for next week's test. I was doing the same thing. Had a hard time waking up this morning actually.”

 

Jinho blinked a few times when he found Luhan's cheeks turning a rosy pink. Is he b-blushing?

 

Yes. Um. Studying,” Luhan mumbled under his breath, avoiding Jinho's eyes. He cleared his throat. “Jinho do you want to work on that project together after class?”

 

Sehun's not picking you up today?”

 

No. His boss asked him to go to work early today, so he already left after his last class.”

 

Oh.”

 

So how about it? You. Me. Library.”

 

Jinho smiled. “Sure.”

 

It's pathetic how he's suddenly giddy from the mere thought of spending time with Luhan while the other boy simply looked at it as an opportunity to get their work done.

 

It's also sad when he still finds himself wanting Luhan to see him as more than just a study buddy. Wishing to mean a little more in the older boy's mind and heart.

 

Sehun would no doubt be furious if he found out that Jinho was harboring these feelings for Luhan, but it wasn't like Jinho hadn't tried letting these feelings go. He did. And he failed miserably.

 

He couldn't stop himself from smiling every time Luhan was around. He couldn't stop his heart from beating erratically whenever the older boy called his name. He couldn't stop his mind from swirling with what ifs whenever the older boy was next to him, laughing and chatting.

 

It was all wrong and he knew it.

 

But it shouldn't be so bad if he just kept these feelings to himself right?

 

He won't do anything to jeopardize their relationship, so can't he keep them – these feelings?

 

Can't he just nourish and protect these feelings without exposing them to the world?

 

Was it so wrong to secretly love Luhan?

 

Jinho was with Luhan in the elevator when the answer to those questions hit him like a ton of bricks.

 

The library elevator was packed with students (it was peak hour), and Luhan had somehow ended up in front of him. When a new batch of students entered the lift, Luhan was subsequently squished against him.

 

His heart almost jumped out of his chest when he felt Luhan's back hitting his chest. He was alarmingly close.

 

Jinho could practically smell everything that was Luhan. Sweet. Intoxicating.

 

He squeezed his eyes shut. No.

 

Luhan had apologized for pushing him against the wall, and Jinho told him it was fine, but inside he knew it wasn't. He was aching.

 

Aching to touch Luhan's fluffy honey brown hair.

 

He had wondered what it felt like to gently run his hand through Luhan's hair ever since that day he found Luhan sitting in the library, reading something, while Sehun played with his hair. Sehun was smiling and Jinho had wanted to find the reason why. Now Luhan's soft locks are right in front of him, and all he had to do was reach out. Reach out to feel the texture of Luhan's hair against his fingers. One brush of the fingertips and he'll have his question answered.

 

Before he could do what he only dreamed of, Jinho balled his hands into tight fists and stuffed them in his pocket. No.

 

Fourth floor,” came the announcement from the intercom in the elevator. A few students left the elevator, only to be replaced by more. And once again, Luhan was pressed against him, but this time he was unbearably close. Too close.

 

Without really knowing it, Jinho's eyes traveled down to Luhan's neck where he caught sight of something peeping out from Luhan's collar. It was slightly purple – a stark contrast against Luhan's fair, blemish-free skin. It looked like a bruise.

 

Jinho's breath hitched when he realized that it wasn't a regular bruise.

 

It was, in fact, solid proof that Luhan was off limits.

 

Evidence that Luhan was happy with his best friend.

 

A result of passion.

 

A symbol of commitment and promises and affection. 

 

A sign that he should stop being delusional and accept the truth that no, he can't harbor these feelings.

 

Simply put, the bruise on Luhan's neck wasn't so much a bruise, it was the marking of Sehun's love.

 

And it burns.

 

Jinho's eyes quickly shifted away from the mark, hoping to cool whatever it was that was burning inside of him.

 

It was no good because he was still reeling.

 

Jinho knew what that burning sensation was. He knew very well – he just refused to admit it.

 

He felt like he was suffocating.

 

Subconsciously, Jinho shuffled out of his spot against the elevator wall, surprising Luhan. He pushed past the students in the front and got off on the next floor.

 

Hey Jinho!” Luhan called out, scurrying past the others to follow behind the boy. “Why didn't you tell me you wanted to get off on this floor?”

 

S-sorry,” Jinho said when Luhan had gotten a hold of his arm, eyeing him curiously.

 

Are you okay?” Luhan asked, apparently noticing the younger one's odd behavior. Or was it his crestfallen face that gave him away?

 

He mustered up a weak smile. “I'm fine.”

 

Are you sure?”

 

Yes. Let's go find a table okay?” He turned away, intent on pretending that everything was fine. And that nothing was wrong.

 

After finding a small empty table, he sat down with Luhan across from him. He got out his notebook and his laptop, ignoring Luhan's questioning gaze. Jinho simply wanted to get this over with – to finish their project so that he could go home to his empty apartment and drink his way out of this hole he gotten himself into.

 

Do you want to talk about it?” Luhan's voice snapping him out of his thoughts.

 

Huh?” He perked up the courage to look at the older boy.

 

You look like something's bothering you. If you want to talk to about it, I'm all ears.” Luhan smiled, and Jinho knew that it was meant to assure him, but it did nothing to help his situation. It only stung more.

 

I-I don't want to talk about it,” Jinho mumbled with his head low, his hands mindlessly flipping through the pages of his notebook.

 

I can't.

 

Luhan frowned. “Oh. Okay.”

 

They were both silent after that.

 

Luhan's eyes were on him, his brows creased in worry. And Jinho felt like an idiot for making Luhan worry about him for no good reason.

 

He cleared his throat. “Should we get started?”

 

Luhan gave him a curt nod. “Alright.”

 

As soon as they started working, everything fell back into place. Luhan went back to being his friend and classmate. It was as if that awkward exchange never happened. And Jinho couldn't have been more relieved.

 

It was best to forget it.

 

A few hours later when Luhan was done typing his part of their report, he went on to do his homework while Jinho finished up the last bit. An hour later, Jinho looked up from his laptop screen and found a sleeping Luhan in front of him. The older boy was lying flat on the homework sheet he was working on and Jinho was positive that he'll have ink marks on the side of his face.

 

He was about to return to his report when he heard Luhan mumble something, “Se...”

 

He leaned forward just a little to try and catch whatever it was the older boy was muttering in his sleep. 

 

Seh...” What?

 

With eyebrows knitted together, Jinho stared at the boy in front of him, wondering what it was he's trying to say. Is he sleep talking?

 

Against his better judgment, Jinho leaned in a bit further. He immediately regretted it.

 

He was close enough to spot the small drool stain on Luhan's homework sheet – the boy was sleeping with his mouth slightly open. Jinho was close enough to count the number of eyelashes that fluttered as Luhan slept peacefully without a care in the world nor a care in regards to the fact that he was sleeping in the library.

 

Impulsively, Jinho extended his hand, his fingers just inches away from Luhan's cheek. Before he could think about it or even consider the consequences, his fingers inched closer. He was now merely centimeters away. I wonder what......

 

Before his fingers could make contact with Luhan's sleeping face, a buzzing sound snapped him out of his trance.

 

Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

 

Jinho spotted Luhan's cellphone vibrating from its spot on top of his textbook. He picked it up and froze when he saw the name on the screen.

 

Sehun-ah ♥

 

Sehun's caller display picture was a picture of the boy smiling into the camera with a guitar in his hands. Jinho's eyes widen. He recognized that guitar. It was the one he wanted.

 

In a sense, it was Jinho's desire to own that very guitar that started it all. The guitar that led him to that fateful encounter with Luhan...

 

Jinho found himself wishing he never wanted that darn guitar.

 

Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzz.

 

He took a deep breath and pressed talk.

 

 

 

~~~~~~ Ooooooooooo!!! DRAMA!! How will Sehun react when it's Jinho that picks up Luhan's phone?!?! The anticipation! Lol. Fluff at the beginning. Charging references are slowly becoming my favorite parts. Haahhaha. Luhan saying he didn't get enough sleep. Wink wink. Hunhan FEELS!! ♥♥♥ And who here saw the last part of the chapter coming? Jinho spotting the love bite. Gasp. Poor dude. Just can't catch a break. But then on the other hand, it's like Yayyyy Sehun gave Lulu a hickey. *Throws confetti* Lol. 

 

I will hopefully update the next chapter soon. Sehun's reaction should be interesting. Will he finally suspect something?? Hmmmm. 

 

Thanks for reading guys! Do comment :)