The Sick

All I Care About

Sehun had just gotten off of work (his boss had let him go early) and was on the train when he got a call from Baekhyun. As soon as he pressed the green talk button, he half regretted it because Baekhyun was practically screeching on the other end. He had to put the phone away from his ear to actually hear what his hyung was screaming about.

YAH! WHERE ARE YOU?! WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET?!”

 

Sehun sighed. “Hyung, calm down. I'm on the train. I'll be there in 10 minutes.”

 

TEN MINUTES?!”

 

Yes. Why are you screaming? Is something wro – did something happen to Luhan hyung?!”

 

Sehun's heart started racing at the thought of something happening to his boyfriend. Baekhyun wouldn't call him if nothing was wrong.

 

Baekhyun, sensing Sehun's worry, took a deep breath. “Luhan hyung is fine. He's not hurt.”

 

Sehun lets out a relieved sigh. “Then why were you yelling?”

 

Because he's being hit on. You need to get here pronto!”

 

By who? And I can't get there any faster than the train permits.”

 

URGH! Just get your over here! Yeollie and I will do what we can.” Baekhyun hung up after that, leaving Sehun confused as to what he meant by that last statement.

 

There were quite a few people when Sehun finally arrived at the ice rink. When he got close to the ice skates rental booth, he spotted Jinho skating close to the side. “Hey Jinho.”

 

Oh Sehun. Hey.” Jinho skated closer to him. “What took you so long?”

 

The train was running late. Why are you skating alone? Where are the others?”

 

Jinho tilted his head to the side, gesturing towards something on the other side of the rink. Sehun looked over and -

 

What are they..... doing?

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were holding hands, skating in circles around Luhan - they were basically trapping him inside their arms.

 

Uhh..”

 

Exactly,” Jinho said, shaking his head. “They wouldn't let him out.”

 

My hyungs are weird,” Sehun stated matter-of-factly. “I'll go get my skates.”

 

He came back with a pair and was sitting on the bench, tying his laces, when Luhan spotted him from between Baekyeol's arms.

 

Sehun-ah!” The older one shouted, sounding more than happy to see Sehun.

 

Sehun, done with tying the laces on his skates, stood up and waved at the boy.

 

Baekyeol, upon seeing Sehun, released Luhan from their impenetrable self-made barrier. The older boy quickly skated over.

 

Sehun resisted the urge to laugh because it looked like Luhan was skating away from his kidnappers.

 

Sehun-ah! Save me,” Luhan said when he got out of the rink, immediately hugging Sehun. “They wouldn't let me out of their circle!”

 

Hyung, we were protecting you,” Chanyeol said.

 

From what?” Luhan asked, eyebrows knitted together.

 

From the big bad wolf hoping to get a taste of Bambi,” Baekhyun answered, and Sehun thought he was kidding, but the seriousness in his expression told him otherwise.

 

What wolf? I was skating with Jinho before you two came and took me away,” Luhan said, putting his hands on his hips. Jinho? What's wrong with Jinho? Sehun looked at the couple, wondering why they were fussing over Jinho.

 

Baekyeol peeked at each other before sighing. “Forget it. Sehun is here now.”

 

Luhan smiled. “You're right. Come on, Sehun. Let's skate!” He grabbed Sehun's hand and stepped on the ice. As soon as his skates hit the ice, Sehun panicked.

 

Wait! Wait! Hold on.” Sehun grabbed the side boards that surrounded the rink, looking terrified.

 

Sehun-ah...You can't skate?”

 

No. He can't,” Jinho said when he got near them. “Sehun never really liked ice skating.”

 

Baekhyun smacked Sehun in the arm. “How can you not know how to skate?! You're Korean!”

 

That doesn't mean I can skate hyung,” Sehun argued, hands still clutching the board for support.

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms. “Wow. You have never looked so pathetic.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Thanks hyung. That really helps.”

 

Oh come on. What can be so hard about ice skating?” Chanyeol asked, grinning as he skated around Sehun.

 

Well excuse me for not being fond of the idea of using razor blades to move across a huge block of ice.” Sehun turned to Luhan. “Do I really look pathetic?”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Nope. Though I was looking forward to us skating like those couples at the Olympics --” What the? Is he serious?

 

The older boy skated over and held his hand. “This is fine too. I've always wanted to teach you something, so let's go because I'm teaching you how to skate, Sehun-ah!”

 

He yanked Sehun's hands away from the safety of the side railing. “I won't let you go,” Luhan promised, smiling to reassure Sehun.

 

You better not. Or else I'm falling on you.”

 

Luhan giggled. “That's fine.” He gave Sehun a wink before leading him towards the center of the rink.

 

Sehun found out that Luhan wasn't exactly the best skater, but it didn't matter because he was still better than Sehun and he did try his best to teach him. Whenever Sehun stumbled, Luhan caught him with a smile firmly in place. On a few occasions he even fell down with Sehun. Feeling bad for bringing him down, Sehun would apologize and Luhan would laugh it off, telling him that it was okay. At the back of Sehun's mind, he wondered if he was really the reason why they fell down.

 

After awhile, Sehun got the hang of it. He even got to skate a few yards without Luhan's help.

 

Heyy I'm skating!”

 

Luhan followed closely behind, clapping and cheering. “YAY! Sehun-ah fighting!”

 

Took you long enough,” Baekyeol chorused as they skated pass him.

 

Shut up,” Sehun snapped.

 

He started skating on his own after a few more minutes of Luhan's private lesson. The older boy kept his eye on Sehun the whole time, looking mighty proud of himself.

 

I guess Luhan hyung is a better teacher eh?” Jinho asked as he skated around Sehun, grinning. “I spent a whole winter teaching you, but you never got the hang of it. How could Luhan hyung possibly do it in an hour?” he teased.

 

Sehun scoffed. “Easy. He's cuter than you.”

 

What does being cute have to do with skating?”

 

Look at him,” Sehun said, eyes following Luhan, who was happily skating around Baekyeol – getting revenge. The older boy's adorable laughter could be heard from where they were. “If that doesn't motivate you to do your best, I don't know what will.”

 

Jinho smiled. “Hmm.”

 

Sehun turned his attention to Jinho. “Hmm?”

 

Nothing,” Jinho said as he skated away. “Try to keep up Sehun.”

 

Yah!”

 

After failing to catch up to Jinho, Sehun went to where Luhan was, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy from behind.

 

Oh! Sehun!” Luhan spun around, bumping heads with Sehun. “Oww. Sorry.”

 

Sehun grinned. He leaned in to whisper in Luhan's ear. “Care to skate with me?”

 

Baekyeol, who were eavesdropping, nodded. “That's right Sehun! Be all romantic and stuff with Luhan hyung. Let people know he's taken!”

 

Sehun ignored them as he skated away with Luhan, hand in hand and identical smiles on their faces.

 

I'm a good teacher aren't I?” Luhan asked.

 

Nah. I think I was just too afraid to unleash my skating prowess before.”

 

Rightttt.” Luhan took a hold of his other hand and started skating backwards as Sehun went forward. “Can you do this?”

 

No. And I don't want to.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Cute.”

 

Whatever. Just be careful.”

 

Right after he said that some guy bumped into Luhan, but before he could fall backwards, Sehun quickly grabbed him and switched their positions with his back hitting the ice and Luhan landing on top of him.

 

Sehun groaned, eyes closed. “Ahh.” This hurts like hell!

 

Luhan cupped his face. “Sehun-ah! Are you hurt?!” Sehun could hear the fear in his boyfriend's voice. He opened his eyes to find a terrified Bambi staring down at him.

 

Are you okay?!”

 

Sehun groaned again. “Could be better.... Hey Lu.”

 

Yeah!?”
 

Mind getting off now?”

 

...............Oh!”

 

Luhan, after realizing that he was laying on top of Sehun the entire time, quickly sat up and pulled Sehun up. “Sorry.”

 

Hey Sehun, are you alright?” Jinho asked when he got to where to they were, still sitting on the ice.

 

Baekyeol also arrived at the scene. “Nasty fall you had there maknae,” Chanyeol said.

 

I'm fine,” he answered, more to Luhan than to the others because the older boy looked like he was on the verge of tears.

 

Lu, stop looking like that.” He held his boyfriend's face in between his hands. “Nothing's broken.” I think.

 

I should have been more careful,” Luhan murmured.

 

Don't blame yourself. That guy bumped into you.”
 

But --”

 

No buts.”

 

Luhan frowned before wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck and surprising him by pressing his lips on Sehun's.

 

Hm. Interesting. With Luhan's soft, warm lips against his, Sehun could feel the pain that was there earlier slowly fade away. It didn't come as much as a surprise though.

 

When Luhan finally pulled away, Sehun flashed him an idiotic grin.

 

Thanks for cushioning my fall,” Luhan mumbled.

 

You're welcome,” Sehun said before giving Luhan a quick kiss. He would have kissed him longer if it weren't for Baekyeol's cheering. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss the boo boo away!”

 

Luhan blushed while Sehun told them to quit embarrassing him.

 

Neither of them noticed the pained expression Jinho failed to conceal...

 

Thanks for coming with us,” Luhan said to Jinho after they returned their ice skates.

 

I had fun,” Jinho said, eyes not meeting Luhan's eyes.

 

I'm glad,” Sehun said, giving his friend a pat on the back before lacing fingers with his boyfriend.

 

Well, I should get going. I'll see you guys at school.” Jinho gave them a small wave goodbye before turning to leave in the opposite direction.

 

Baekyeol started chuckling and high-fiving each other.

 

What's wrong with them?” Sehun asked.

 

Luhan shrugged. “They were weird all day...”

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow at his boyfriend. “Okay. Weirder than usual,” Luhan corrected. Sehun laughed and put his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.

 

Let's go home Bambi.”

 

******

The next day Luhan woke up earlier than usual because he sensed something was wrong. He would usually wake cuddled to Sehun's warmth, but today it felt different.

 

Sehun was no longer warm. He was burning hot.

 

Luhan's hand naturally reached out to touch Sehun's forehead and he frowned. Sehun had a fever. Tsk. One day of ice skating and he's running a fever...

 

Luhan was in the middle of caressing Sehun's sleeping face when he realized that this was the first time Sehun was sick since they started dating, which means – I get to take care of him!

 

Happy, not with the fact that Sehun's sick (that is plain wrong), but with the fact that he could finally take care of Sehun, Luhan got out of bed. He checked the clock and didn't even frown when it read 6:00 am.

 

He crept downstairs, hoping to not wake the others, and when he got in the kitchen, he immediately called his mother.

 

Luhan honey? Are you alright?? Why are you calling at 6 in the morning?” His mother's concerned voice brought a smile to his face.

 

Mom, I'm fine.”

 

Why are you awake at 6 in the morning then?”

 

Sehun's sick. He has a fever and he was coughing a bit last night.”

 

Awww.”

 

Mom, can you tell me how to make your hot and sour soup? The one you always make when I get sick.”

 

Ah. So that's why you called me at 6 in the morning. Your love for Sehun is far greater than your mother's sleep. I see how it is.”

 

Mommmm.”

 

Fine. Do you have a pen and paper?”

 

Luhan looked in one of the drawers that Kyungsoo kept his coupons in and found the items. “Yes.”

 

After giving him the step by step instructions, his mother asked, “Are you sure you don't want to order the soup? I'm sure it's safer that way.”

 

I can handle it. It's just soup.”

 

He could hear his mother laughing on the other end. “It's not just soup. It's your soup of love. It has to be perfect.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Mom, I'm hanging up.”

 

Yahh. Can't I tease my own son about his obsession with his boyfriend?”

 

Hanging up now --”

 

Alright. I get it. Call me if you need help. Tell Sehun I hope he feels better.”

 

Thanks Mom. I will. Bye.”

 

After ending the call with his mother, Luhan stared at the sheet of paper for a few minutes (five minutes exactly). Where is the vinegar? He started looking inside the drawers, the cabinets, and the fridge for the ingredients. When he finally got everything on the list, he tied an apron on himself and cracked his knuckles. Okay! I can do this! How hard could it be? Luhan picked up a pot. Should I boil water first? Or should I cut the vegetables –

 

Uhh.”

 

AHH!!” Luhan jumped back in surprise when Kyungsoo entered, looking highly alert for someone with tousled bed hair and an extremely wrinkled pair of pajamas. (The younger boy had sensed someone was in his kitchen, so he came downstairs to check.)

 

Hyung, why are you up? And more importantly, why are you in my kitchen?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes darting at Luhan and the ingredients littered all over the kitchen counter.

 

I was going to make hot and sour soup for Sehun.”

 

Is he sick?” Kyungsoo asked as he stepped closer, and without Luhan even realizing, he took the pot away from him.

 

Luhan nodded. “I called my mom and she gave me her recipe, so I was thinking of following that.”

 

Do you need help?” Kyungsoo asked, even though he was already getting out his knives.

 

If you don't mind.....”

 

Kyungsoo smiled, looking quite relieved for some reason. “Where's the recipe?”

 

Luhan gave him the sheet, and when the younger one saw the words on the paper, he pursed his lips. He looked up at Luhan. “Hyung, I can't read Chinese.”

 

Oh! Oops. Sorry. Here I'll translate it.”

 

While they were making the soup, Suho walked in and when he saw Luhan, he rubbed his eyes and asked if he overslept.

 

No. You didn't,” Kyungsoo answered. “Luhan hyung is up early because Sehun is sick.”

 

Ohh. Makes sense. Are you making soup for him?”

 

Luhan hummed in reply from his position behind Kyungsoo. The younger boy had insisted that he did everything and Luhan could “monitor” his progress. Luhan wondered if Kyungsoo was still traumatized from the baking incident Sehun and Baekhyun orchestrated last year. He can't possibly be as bad as they were. Right?

 

Whoa. Why is Luhan hyung up?” Chen asked when he stepped into the kitchen, doing a double take when his eyes landed on the said boy.

 

Sehun is sick,” Suho answered. “They're making soup.”

 

Ah. I thought I was dreaming for a second.”

 

Why would you be dreaming about Luhan hyung?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Chen shrugged. “I dream about everybody.”

 

He sat down and joined Suho – both of them starting on the breakfast Kyungsoo had prepared while the soup was heating.

 

Luhan hyung?” Tao asked when he came in, eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

 

Sehun's sick. Making soup,” Chen explained, using as few words as possible. Tao didn't need any further explanation.

 

Luhan was handing Kyungsoo a bowl when Kai walked in and he stared at Luhan, unable to decide if what he was seeing was real.

 

Sehun's sick. Soup,” Tao said and Kai nodded in understanding.

 

You know hyung, you don't have to make him soup. There are other ways to make a guy feel better.” Kai smirked. Suho smacked him in the head with a rolled up newspaper. “Oww! Hyung!”

 

Here you go hyung.” Kyungsoo handed him a small tray with a bowl of soup on it and a few napkins.

 

Thanks Kyungsoo.” Luhan took the tray and headed out of the kitchen, passing by Xiumin, whose eyes widen at the sight.

 

Hey was that --”

 

Yes.”

 

Why is he --”
 

The boys in the kitchen all answered, “Sehun's sick.”

 

Ohhh.”

 

When Luhan got back to their room, Sehun was still asleep. Putting the tray on the nightstand, Luhan checked Sehun's forehead. Still hot.

 

He gently shook Sehun. “Sehun-ah, wake up. Wake up.”

 

No response. The boy didn't even stir.

 

Sehun-ah. Wake up so I can take care of you,” Luhan said as he shook the boy harder.

 

Argh. What?” Sehun mumbled, eyes still closed.

 

You're sick. Wake up so I can take care of you. Come on.”

 

Sehun slowly opened his eyes and when he saw that Luhan was hovering over him with an excited look on his face, he groaned.

 

That's not how you take care of the sick,” he murmured as he turned the other way and pulled the covers over his head.

 

But I need to feed you soup.” Luhan pulled back the covers to find an annoyed Sehun ignoring him.

 

So you woke me up for soup? Unbelievable.”

 

Believe it. Now come on. Up,” he demanded as he tugged his boyfriend up.

 

Sehun was resistant at first (for like 10 minutes), but he eventually got the boy to sit up, back against the headboard.

 

Just give me the soup,” Sehun said in between coughs.

 

Luhan carefully picked up the bowl (even though it has long since cooled), and held up a spoonful of soup in front of Sehun's mouth. “I'll feed you. Say ahh.”

 

You got to be kidding.”

 

Why would I be? Aaahhh.”

 

I can eat it by myself. My hands are fine.” Sehun grabbed the bowl from him before he could protest and started slurping the soup.

 

But it's no fun...” Luhan mumbled as he watched Sehun finished the soup in record time.

 

There. Done.” Sehun placed the bowl on the nightstand and laid back down.

 

Was it good?”

 

Mhm,” his boyfriend hummed as he closed his eyes, ready to go back to sleep. Hmph. That's not even a real response.

 

Feeling dejected, Luhan went back downstairs with the tray. The other boys all eyed him curiously.

 

What's wrong hyung?” Suho asked as he started washing the bowl.

 

Sehun went back to sleep.”

 

But isn't that a good thing?”

 

I guess...” Not very exciting though.

 

Are you hoping he'll be awake, feeling sick and miserable, so you could take care of him?” Chen asked.

 

Well if you put it like that, it sounds terrible.”

 

The other boys all started laughing.

 

This is not funny,” Luhan said indignantly.

 

It is when you're insisting on playing doctor with Sehun,” Kai said with a sly grin.

 

We must tell you that Sehun is a sleeper. He sleeps when he's sick,” Xiumin said.

 

But I still have to wake him up to give him medicine and stuff.”

 

Yeah you can wake him up, but don't do it too often or he'll throw something at you,” Tao said.

 

Actually I want to see Luhan hyung wake Sehun up a few times – just to see if he would throw something,” Kai said.

 

Kyungsoo gave him a smack in the arm and shushed him. “Hyung, Sehun will be fine. Don't worry too much about it.”

 

Luhan gave him a small nod. “I'll stay with him today.”

 

You're not going to school?” Kyungsoo asked, though he was expecting this.

 

No. Nothing is due today, so it'll be fine.”

 

Luhan went back upstairs to find Sehun wrapped up in the blankets, the only thing sticking out was his disheveled hair. He sat down on the bed and watched him, instantly feeling bored when the other boy did nothing but sleep.

 

Sehun is sick?” Baekhyun asked, appearing at the doorway with Chanyeol behind him.

 

Yeah,” Luhan answered as he carefully pulled down the blanket to gently brush Sehun's hair away from his face.

 

He was only skating for a few hours. Tch tch. What a weakling.” Baekhyun shook his head in disapproval.

 

Hyung, you sure you want to stay with him? You won't be bored taking care of him?” Chanyeol asked.

 

It's okay. If it gets too boring I can just take a nap with him.” Luhan smiled.

 

After wishing Baekyeol a good day at school, Luhan went back to taking care of Sehun, which really meant watching him sleep.

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. He looked at his phone. Jinho was calling.

 

Hello?”

 

Hyung, are you not coming to class today?”

 

No. Sehun is sick, so I'm staying home with him.”

 

..Oh.”

 

Yeah. Hey Jinho, can you do me a favor?”

 

Sure. What is it?”

 

Can I see your notes when I get back?”

 

Of course hyung. You don't even have to ask.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Thanks Jinho. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe.”

 

He finished the call with Jinho and Sehun was still asleep – he didn't even move. Deciding that he should keep himself busy, Luhan started tidying up the room. Eventually, he started organizing their clothes by color and was in the middle of organizing their socks when he heard Sehun mumble something. He quickly rushed over.

 

Sehun-ah. Did you say something?”

 

The boy didn't say anything – he simply rolled to the other side of the bed.

 

Luhan frowned. Is he really going to sleep all day?

 

A few more minutes of cleaning, Luhan was done and he went back to sitting on the bed, eyes glued to his boyfriend. Since he saw the people in dramas often putting a cold towel on the forehead of the sick person, he decided to do just that. Putting the soaked towel on Sehun's forehead, Luhan was hoping the boy would open his eyes and thank him with a groggy voice.

 

He was left disappointed because Sehun did neither.

 

With nothing left to do, Luhan took his polaroid camera off his desk and snapped a picture of Sehun. When the photo finished developing, he wrote the date on the back and a little message:

 

First time Sehun-ah is sick since we started dating.

Made him Mom's hot and sour soup with Kyungsoo's help.

Nothing interesting happened since.

 

Luhan eventually fell asleep after watching a movie on his laptop. Because he woke up earlier than he usually did, his body decided that it was best to make up for lost time – he slept for a solid three hours.

 

When he woke up, he found Sehun watching something on his laptop. Wha- what?

 

How long have you been awake?” Luhan asked, slowly sitting up.

 

An hour or so.” Great. You would be awake while I was asleep.

 

I'll go get you medicine,” he said, voice sounding chirpy as he got up.

 

Don't bother. I already took some.”

 

Luhan gave his boyfriend a “how could you?” look and slumped back down.

 

You know you're supposed to change the towel every now and then right?” Sehun held up the towel that the Luhan had placed on his forehead hours ago. “I woke up with a dry towel on my head.”

 

Oh. Sorry.”

 

Sehun paused the video on the laptop and turned to look at him. “Aren't you supposed to be at school?”

 

I'm staying home to take care of you.”

 

Sehun raised his brow. “You sure you're not just doing this to get out of going to class?”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I really am here to take care of you.”

 

Ah. That explains why you napped for hours.” Why you!

 

I was only napping because you weren't doing anything besides sleeping!”

 

I'm sick. What do you want me to do?”

 

I don't know. Walk around covered in blankets asking me to make you feel better. Cough nonstop while I desperately run to the store to get you some medicine. Cry when I leave the room to make you more soup. Talk about how horrible you feel while I'm your face. I don't know.”

 

Sehun, rendered speechless, stared at him for a few seconds before he busted out laughing. “You watch way too many movies.”

 

Luhan pouted. “Shut up.”

 

Sorry if me being sick isn't as dramatic as you wanted.”

 

Luhan sighed. “No, you don't have to apologize for being sick.” He placed his hand on Sehun's forehead. “Your fever isn't so high anymore. I guess that's good.”

 

You sure you're not disappointed?” Sehun teased.

 

Shut up. I'll go get you soup and don't even think about eating it by yourself. I'm definitely feeding you!”

 

Luhan left the room without seeing the adoring smile on Sehun's face.

 

He also doesn't hear Sehun muttering, “Babo.”

 

******

The next day...

 

So is Sehun feeling better?” Jinho asked when Luhan sat down next to him.

 

Yeah a bit. He's still coughing, so he's staying home today as well.”

 

I see. You look tired,” Jinho said as he noticed the dark circles under Luhan's eyes.

 

Luhan yawned. “Yeah. Sehun is a handful when he's sick.”

 

Really? He wasn't so bad when we were kids. Whenever he got sick, all he did was sleep it off.”

 

That's why he's a handful. He won't do anything except sleep. I had to coax him into staying awake so I can take care of him.”

 

Jinho almost started laughing when he saw the seriousness in Luhan's face. Cute.

 

He cleared his throat. “I'm sure Sehun will thank you later.”

 

Doubt it. He was cursing at me last night when I woke him up to check his temperature.”

 

Jinho chuckled. “I'm sure he doesn't mean it.”

 

I hope so.”

 

Jinho would have continued his conversation of Luhan, but the professor came in, turned off the lights, and started the lecture.

 

While taking notes, he noticed Luhan kept glancing at the window. It was pouring outside.

 

He took a peek inside Luhan's backpack, which was completely opened, and assumed that the older boy was probably frowning because he didn't bring an umbrella. Jinho quickly realized that he also didn't have one.

 

I'll be right back,” he whispered to Luhan, who nodded.

 

Once out of class, he ran outside in the rain to get to the university's store – a building across campus. When he got there, he was completely drenched, but no one looked at him funny because a lot of other people were also soaking wet. He quickly paid for an umbrella and a new hoodie before he sprinted back to the Sociology building.

 

Back,” he whispered when he sat down next to Luhan, who didn't even notice that he was wearing something different or that he came back with an umbrella.

 

It's raining really hard,” Jinho said as he and Luhan stood by the doors.

 

The older boy nodded. “I should really get home though. I'll see you tomorrow.”

 

Before Jinho could stop him, Luhan ran out.

 

Hey! Hyung! Wait!” He opened the umbrella in his hands and ran after the boy. “Luhan hyung!”

 

The boy turned to look at him and when Jinho got close enough, he quickly shielded him from the downpour. “I have an umbrella. I'll walk you home.”

 

N-no. That's okay. I don't live too far. It's a short walk.”

 

No hyung. I insist.”

 

But Jinho --”

 

If you don't want me to walk you home, I'll just give you my umbrella instead.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen and he shook his head. “No, don't do that. I don't want you to get wet.”

 

Then I'm walking you home.”

 

Luhan sighed. “Fine.”

 

Jinho smiled. Together they walked towards the entrance of the university.

 

Do you like the rain?” Jinho asked, feeling the need to talk because he couldn't stand being quiet with Luhan next to him.

 

Luhan stuck his hand out from under the umbrella and smiled.“Mhm. It's nice. Calming.”

 

Jinho couldn't help but stare at him, entranced.

 

But I don't like the feel of soggy socks,” Luhan said, lovable pout included.

 

Jinho laughed. “Agreed.”

 

Do you have any special memories of the rain?” Luhan asked.

 

Jinho nodded. “Yeah. I actually met Se --”

 

Sehun-ah?”

 

Luhan's eyes widen when the said boy came running towards them, holding a big umbrella decorated with music notes.

 

Jinho stood there, expression unreadable, as Luhan quickly got out from under his umbrella to go to Sehun.

 

What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in bed!” Luhan asked, his hands holding on to the front of Sehun's jacket.

 

You forgot your umbrella so I was worried you might have to walk home in the rain. I didn't want you to get wet.” Sehun grinned and brushed the wet bangs from Luhan's forehead. “But I guess it's too late.”

 

Luhan gave him a small smile. “You didn't have to,” he mumbled as he entwined their fingers. “I would have been fine.”

 

Sehun pressed his forehead against Luhan's. “I want to.”

 

The couple stood there smiling at each other – faces cheerful, seemingly at ease, despite the dark clouds and heavy rain around them.

 

And Jinho had never felt more invisible.

 

Sehun finally looked at him and smiled. “Thanks man, but I'll take him from here.”

 

..I'll take him from here.”

 

Jinho felt the words hitting him harder than it should have.

 

With a sad smile, Jinho said, “No problem.”

 

Bye Jinho,” Luhan said, smiling, before he was whisked away by Sehun.

 

Bye hyung.

 

Jinho walked towards the parking lot of the university, shoulders slumped. When he spotted a couple running while holding their jackets up as a way to cover themselves from the rain, Jinho offered them his umbrella.

 

Here.”

 

The guy took it from him, although hesitantly. “You sure? You'll get wet.”

 

Yeah. I don't need it anymore.”

 

He walked away from the puzzled couple. It doesn't matter if I get wet....

 

Jinho looked up at the sky and sighed letting the rain hit him. 

 

I can't even feel it.

 

 

 

~~~~~~ FLUFFFFFFF! :D Awww to Jinho but AWWWWW to Sehun for coming to pick up Luhan in the rain even when he's sick. How sweet! Favorite part - Luhan taking care of sick Sehun. Lol. He was really hoping Sehun needed him more. Bwahahah. It was also cute how the other boys couldn't believe he was up so early. And Kyungsoo sensing someone was in his kitchen. Lol. Lulu probably would have destroyed the place. 

 

I hope you liked the chapter. Hunhan kissing at the ice rink was ♥ Next chapter - Jinho is even more painfully aware that Luhan is taken and Sehun panics when Luhan hasn't come home. Oh no!

 

Thanks for reading! I will  update very soon. Maybe later tonight. If not, tomorrow then :D