The Intruders

All I Care About

You know you're going to lose some, if not most, of your fangirls right?” Sehun asked as Luhan laced their fingers. The other students were staring as they made their way through campus, and Sehun was a bit surprised that it didn't bother him as much as he thought it would.

 

It's fine. Having you is more important,” Luhan confessed, showcasing an adorable grin.

 

So you won't miss any of it? The screaming? The attention? The worshiping? The gifts?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Nope....well....I am going to miss the cakes they give me, but you can always buy me some.”

 

Sehun stopped walking and huffed. “I really can't afford to feed you. The type of cakes you like are always breaking my wallet.”

 

I suggest you get a job then,” Luhan answered while tugging Sehun's hand, urging him to keep walking. “It would be nice if we worked together, but my boss isn't looking to hire. You can look in the newspaper – there are tons of job offers on there.”

 

Um. Wouldn't the simpler solution be for you to stop eating cakes?” Like seriously.

 

This time it was Luhan's turn to stop walking. Luhan shot him an unamused glare in response, as if Sehun had told him a horrible joke. Sehun gulped and quickly thought of a way to get out of this hole he just dug himself in.

 

Ha ha ha. K-kidding. I didn't m-mean that,” Sehun stutterd as he tried to maintain eye contact with the stone-faced deer.

 

Luhan blinked at him, lips twitching slightly.

 

I'll look for a j-job. Pronto,” Sehun added, giving Luhan what he hoped resembled a smile.

 

And that was when Luhan started laughing at him. What?

 

Oh Sehun-ah! You're so cute! Why are you so scared of me? I'm not that scary.”

 

Realizing that he was tricked, Sehun gave Luhan a “how could you?” look, to which the older boy responded with a wide grin.

 

Because I can.” Luhan stuck out his tongue, taking pleasure in the fact that he drives his boyfriend crazy.

 

Sehun rubbed his temple, repeating the words “stress” and “worst boyfriend ever” as he did so. Luhan merely gave him a firm pat on the back.

 

What happened to the Sehun that told me he loves me so much?” Luhan teased.

 

He no longer exists,” Sehun quipped.

 

Luhan raised a brow. “Oh really?”

 

Yes. Really.”

 

Well, I guess that means I'm single again. Hmm. Maybe I should go to that party I was invited to

 

YAH!”

 

Luhan chuckled and pinched his cheeks. “He's back.”

 

Sehun felt that a headache was inevitable.

 

******

Sehun-ah? Where are you?” Luhan's groggy voice can be heard throughout the house.

 

Feeling extremely exhausted from his first day of classes, Luhan opted for a short nap as soon as they got home. Expecting to see Sehun when he woke up, Luhan was a tad bit disappointed that his boyfriend didn't stay in the room with him. What if he had nightmares or something? What if someone came in through the window and –

 

I'm in the living room!” Sehun shouted, his voice breaking Luhan out of his reverie.

 

Lazily making his way downstairs, he spotted his boyfriend sitting on the white couch with a newspaper on his lap, while Xiumin and Tao were watching Kung Fu Panda (Tao's favorite movie).

 

Plopping down next to Sehun, who didn't bother taking his eyes away from the print on the paper, Luhan nudged the younger in the knee. “What are you doing?”

 

Looking for a job.”

 

Luhan glanced at the newspaper and noticed the circled ads. He looked back at his boyfriend and sighed. “I wasn't serious about that. You don't always have to buy me cake – especially if you don't have money. I don't want to be the reason why you're broke.”

 

Too late,” Sehun retorted. Luhan made a sort of strangled sound, and Sehun finally looked at him. “Kidding. I'm not completely broke. Besides, I've been meaning to look for a job anyway, so don't sweat over it.”

 

Sehun flashed him a bright smile and Luhan couldn't take his eyes away. “You sure? I don't want you to be stressed out over school and work. It's hard juggling the two.”

 

Yeah. I'll be fine.”

 

Luhan bit his bottom lip. Honestly, he didn't like the idea of Sehun working because that would mean they'll probably see less of each other. And that didn't sit well with Luhan.

 

We'll still see each other,” Sehun told him, clearly able to read Luhan's worried expression.

 

But it won't be the same...” Luhan pouted as he rested his head on Sehun's shoulder, eyes looking forward at the television screen.

 

You do know we live in the same house, go to the same school, and even share a bed together right? We see each other plenty. Me getting a job won't change that.”

 

Promise?”

 

Luhan couldn't see his face, but he knew that Sehun was smiling. “Promise.”

 

Awwwww,” Xiumin cooed, surprising Luhan for a second he had forgotten about the other two.

 

Tao immediately shushed him and turned to give Luhan an intimidating glare.

 

Hyung, if you want to discuss your couple problems, can you do it in your room or something? I'm trying to watch Po defeat the evil warlord.”

 

Xiumin rolled his eyes. Sehun chuckled then continued circling the ads on the newspaper, while Luhan smiled apologetically towards Tao.

 

For the rest of the movie, Luhan silently watched as Sehun continued to look for a suitable offer. Every so often, he would snatch the pen from Sehun and cross out a listing that was either too far away or had long hours. And each time, Sehun would take the pen back before giving him a quick kiss on the forehead, telling him that he worries too much.

 

Luhan wanted to tell his boyfriend, “I'll always worry if it's something regarding you, Sehun-ah,” but the dark look Tao was giving the two of them told him otherwise.

 

He decided that it will be safer to talk to Sehun when they're not in the presence of their very own kung fu panda.

 

******

Thud.

 

Sehun woke up with a start, his eyes alert.

 

Thud.

 

Is someone breaking in? He quickly turned to his side to check if Luhan was there. Thankfully, the boy was still sound asleep.

 

He heard more noises coming from downstairs and decided to go check it out. Flipping back his side of the covers, he swung his legs over the bed and was about to stand up when a pair of warm hands grabbed his hand.

 

Sehun-ah?” Luhan's sleepy voice called out for him. He turned to look back at his boyfriend, who was having a hard time opening his eyes. “Where are you going?”

 

Downstairs to check something.”

 

Wha

 

Clang.

 

Luhan gasped, his sleepy eyes suddenly springing to life. He tightened his grasp, face terrified. “No, you're not!”

 

Sehun gave his hand a gentle squeeze, hoping to ease his fear. “It's okay. Just stay here, while I

 

I'm coming with you,” Luhan cuts him off, pulling back the covers. Sehun would have argued that it was safer for him to stay in their room, but he knew Luhan was not going to agree.

 

Together, they got out of bed. With Luhan's hand firmly in his, Sehun led them out of the room, but not before Luhan grabbed a ruler from the desk.

 

Out in the hallway, they ran into Kai and Suho, who also looked very alert, considering the time. More noises could be heard downstairs, specifically the kitchen. Considering how the lights were not on, Sehun could only assume that they had an intruder in the house.

 

You didn't bring anything?” Luhan whispered to Kai and Suho, showing them the ruler he had brought along. Suho gave him a puzzled look.

 

I brought two.” Kai held up his fists and Luhan nodded, as if that was an adequate answer.

 

Clang.

 

Luhan jumped, and Sehun had to put his hand over the older boy's mouth to stop him from yelling in fright.

 

Shhhh. Let's go,” Sehun whispered as he quietly crept downstairs with the others following suit.

 

When they got near the kitchen, Kai motioned for Sehun to go in and flip the switch, while Suho and him stand behind the wall, ready to catch the intruder in case he runs. Sehun nodded.

 

He stealthily made his way into the kitchen, with a shaking Luhan right behind him, clutching the ruler.

 

It was too dark to see anything properly, but he could make out two shadowy figures. Crap.

 

Sehun swallowed. One burglar was bad enough, but two?

 

His hands automatically reached behind him to grab Luhan and pull him close. With Luhan shielded behind him, clinging to his waist, Sehun took a deep breath and flipped the switch.

 

AAAAHHHH! JESUS!” the two intruders screamed, caught by surprise. Luhan screamed in response, hugging Sehun tighter. Kai and Suho sprung from their spot from behind the wall. 

 

What is wrong with you two?!” Suho half-hollered because the other members upstairs were still asleep.

 

The two Suho was referring to was none other than Baekhyun and Chanyeol, whose faces were ghostly pale and a bit sweaty. Judging from their positions, it made sense why they were sweating.

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the sink, with hands wrapped around Chanyeol's arm and Chanyeol had his lower body outside the kitchen window, apparently stuck.

 

A little help?” Chanyeol croaked.

 

Kai and Suho rushed over to help pull him in, his long legs causing the plates in the sink to clatter as he got in. That explains the noises.

 

Luhan finally came out from hiding behind Sehun and pointed his ruler at the two. “What were you two doing?!”

 

Well, genius over here ” Baekhyun gestured towards his boyfriend, who was busy rubbing his arms “ forgot the keys.”

 

You could have called any one of us to open the door for you!” Suho looked at them incredulously.

 

That's what I said! But Chanyeol didn't want to wake you guys, so he suggested we go in through the kitchen window. What he didn't realize was that he's a giant and that the window doesn't open up all the way.”

 

Kyungsoo really needs to keep his kitchen more accessible,” Chanyeol claimed as he hopped off the kitchen sink, helping Baekhyun down as well.

 

I don't think making sure the window is wide enough for idiots to break in is on Kyungsoo's list in regards to his kitchen,” Kai deadpanned.

 

Chanyeol shrugged and blinked at Luhan. “Hyung, why do you have a ruler?”

 

So I can do this.” He promptly smacked both of them in the arm. “Don't scare us next time!”

 

OWW! Hyung!” Baekyeol chorused as they looked towards Suho for help.

 

Suho crossed his arms. “He's right. Next time, just call us. Why would you want to go through all that trouble?”

 

Because it's fun?” Chanyeol meekly answered, eyes fixated on the ruler in Luhan's hand.

 

Was it?” Luhan asked, mildly intrigued. Sehun's lips twitched upwards at how his boyfriend was holding the ruler in a threatening manner, but his voice was completely sweet and curious.

 

Chanyeol nodded cheerfully. “Yes! The thrill was awesome! It was like we were breaking and entering.”

 

That's because you were,” Sehun pointed out.

 

Chanyeol stood there, blinking, thinking about what Sehun had said. “Ah, I guess you're right, maknae.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Heh heh. Sorry.”

 

Baekhyun covered his face, mumbling something along the lines of “I shouldn't have listened to you...”

 

Suho clapped to get their attention. “Okay. We should get back to bed before the other boys get up. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you will be washing dishes all this week.”

 

Hyungggg.”

 

Luhan waved his ruler around, and they quiet down after that.

 

Kai yawned. “It's like 2 AM and we still have school tomorrow. We should go back to –

 

What's going on here? Are we having a late night meeting?” Chen asked as he and his disheveled hair made an appearance.

 

Everything is fine, Chen. Go back to bed.” Suho ushered him out, ignoring the questions that came spewing out of his mouth. Kai followed right behind them.

 

Since I'm down here, might as well grab a snack.” Luhan opened the fridge and started rummaging for food, not noticing the glares Baekyeol was aiming towards him and his ruler.

 

It's 2 in the morning, you don't need a snack.” Sehun closed the door and took the hand of a disappointed Luhan. “Come on, let's go.”

 

Back in bed, and after Luhan placed his ruler on his desk, Sehun pulled him closer as soon he got under the covers and nuzzled his face.

 

I don't think I need to get you pepper spray because a ruler works perfectly fine,” Sehun murmured in his boyfriend's hair, smiling when he hears Luhan quietly giggling.

 

As long as I have you around, I won't need anything.” Luhan hugged him, burying his face in Sehun's chest.

 

Why not?” Sehun asked, though he already knew the answer.

 

Because you'll protect me.”

 

Lifting Luhan's face up so that he could plant a warm kiss on his forehead, Sehun leaned in. “I'm glad you remember that.”

 

Letting his lips linger for a second longer on Luhan's forehead, Sehun grinned when Luhan gave him a small pout when he pulled away.

 

We should sleep.” Sehun closed his eyes, but he could still feel Luhan's gaze. Only when he started rubbing circles on Luhan's back does the boy tuck himself in underneath Sehun's chin, breathing in Sehun's scent.

 

The last thing Sehun heard before falling asleep was his boyfriend whispering, “Sehun-ah, you're my ruler.”

 

 

 

~~~~~ AWWWWWWWWWWW. FLUFF! lol. Baekyeol breaking into their own house >< I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, it was difficult trying to even upload it, but heyyy I updated! Another update very soon (in the next 24 hours soon). Next chapter should be interesting because the 2 lovebirds are going against each other..... :D Thanks for reading! Hope you subscribe and comment!