The Return

All I Care About

Is there any meat left?” Luhan asked as soon as they got inside. The other members were in the rooms, probably passed out, and Luhan wanted to join them, but when his stomach growled, he decided that he'll have a light snack first.

 

Sehun scoffed. “Is food always on your mind? Heck, you probably love it more than you love me.”

 

Luhan smiled. “That's not true.”

 

Which part?”

 

I don't always have food on my mind.”

 

So you do love food more than me,” Sehun accused, glaring at his boyfriend.

 

You're a close second though, Sehun-ah,” Luhan said, playfully sticking his tongue out. “That's still pretty special.”

 

Special my as--”

 

Hongki, what's wrong?” The president's voice can be heard from the kitchen.

 

Luhan and Sehun walked in to find the two of them standing there. The president had worry etched all over her face. And who could blame her? The desperation in Hongki's eyes was somewhat unsettling, not to mention the boy was holding onto her wrist with both hands, as though he refuses to let her go.

 

Too absorbed in what's happening, they didn't even notice Luhan and Sehun gawking at them from the doorway.

 

Are you okay?” the president asked when Hongki didn't answer her first question.

 

Hongki, who still had a grip on her wrist, shook his head. “I'm fine. It's just--”

 

Maybe you should go back to sleep. Your face is still red from all that alcohol.”

 

He shook his head again, but this time he looked panicked, as if he wasn't sure how to go about this. “I—I want you to make me tea.”

 

Tea? You have an upset stomach?”

 

Yea – No. I w-want you.”

 

To make you tea right?” She pried her wrist away from Hongki's grip and turned around to look for the box of tea. “What kind do you want?”

 

Forget the tea --”

 

You don't want tea? Then why did --”

 

Hongki suddenly grabbed both of her shoulders. “I don't want tea! At least not right now!”

 

Okayyy....You're scaring me. You sure you don't want to lay down?”

 

Hongki nodded a bit too vigorously, something that instead of reassuring her that he was fine, scared her even more.

 

I want I need to tell you something.”

 

Luhan gasped. “He's going to tell her.”

 

Sehun looked at Luhan with his eyebrow raised. “Tell her what?”

 

Shhhh!” Luhan shushed him. His eyes were too focused on the two in front of him to notice Sehun sneering at him.

 

Tell me what?” She asked him.

 

Hongki gulped. “I've been meaning to tell you...” He blinked multiple times, beads of sweat making their way down the side of his face.

 

Yes?”

 

Uhh. Umm. I—I really um. Uh.” Hongki started biting his lip, and when he couldn't look at the president straight in the eyes anymore, he turned his attention to his socks.

 

Luhan resisted the urge to chuckle at how nervous Hongki was acting. It's just confessing to a girl. How bad could it be? Luhan then suddenly remembered the time Sehun had confessed to him, which coincidentally also took place in a kitchen. Sehun was nervous then too, but he wasn't exactly sweating buckets either. Maybe he needs a little encouragement?

 

Hongki HWAITING!” Luhan cheered causing Hongki, the president, and Sehun to snap around to look at him.

 

Seeing the couple near the doorway, Hongki's eyes grew to the size of tennis balls while the president blushed, seemingly embarrassed at the fact that she didn't know they were there the whole time.

 

You can do it!” Luhan announced, giving Hongki two thumbs up.

 

But instead of smiling from Luhan's supportive message (like Luhan had hoped he would), Hongki looked even more horrified, if that was possible. Well that didn't work...

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Sorry about that.” He placed a firm hand over Luhan's mouth, preventing him from saying anything else. “We'll leave you two alone.”

 

Sehun then dragged Luhan out of the kitchen, ignoring the smaller boy's muffled protests.

 

Yahh! Why did you do that? He was about to confess his feelings!” Luhan had argued when Sehun released his hand from his mouth.

 

Yeah, well I don't think having a cheerleader there would help him out,” Sehun countered, pulling Luhan to sit down on the couch with him.

 

Everybody needs a cheerleader every now and then. And right now he needs one! Didn't you see the way he was freezing up. He's probably a popsicle now that I'm not there.”
 

Sehun laughed. “You were making it worse, Bambi. He's probably relieved we left the room.”

 

Luhan made a displeased face, like how dare Sehun thinks he was making it worse, but Sehun apparently thought he looked cute because he ruffled his hair, and grinned.

 

Nobody needs witnesses when they're trying to do something as nerve racking as confessing their feelings. I should know.”

 

But Sehun-ah, you weren't as nervous or as slow as he was. It feels as though he'll never get it out.”

 

That's only because I'm awesome.” Sehun smirked.

 

Luhan, pretending that he didn't just hear that, looked towards the kitchen. “I wonder what they're saying...”

 

He stands up, but before he could get anywhere, Sehun's arms circled his waist and tugged him back down.

 

They don't need you in there.”

 

But--”

 

Lu. No. They'll be fine. But you won't be if you try to get off this couch again,” Sehun warned.

 

Luhan obediently sat still, but it wasn't because he was scared of Sehun actually doing something to him (he highly doubt his boyfriend has the guts to punish him), it was because Sehun might be right. Hongki and the president were both adults. They should be able to handle it. Right?

 

What's taking them so long? Did he get rejected?” Luhan asked five minutes later, anxiously shifting his position from on top of Sehun.

 

The younger one had suggested that they lay on the couch for a while, something that Sehun hoped would distract Luhan, but he was dead wrong.

 

Sehun, who was playing with his hair, groaned. “You lack patience. Seriously.”

 

Luhan looked down at Sehun. “I'm just hoping everything goes well. Hongki secretly liked her for two years... It would be horrible if she doesn't at least give him a chance.”

 

Wow two years? That's a long time.”

 

Luhan blinked at his boyfriend, who was still running fingers through his hair, and sighed. “Two years isn't that long.”

 

He puts his head down, and buried his face into the crook of Sehun's neck. “I know someone who liked this person for a really long time,” he mumbled.

 

Sehun stopped. “Huh?”

 

Why? Why didn't you tell me you were friends with her since high school?”

 

Sehun was silent for a minute, puzzled as to who Luhan was referring to. When he finally caught on, he abruptly sat up, eyes wide. “How did you--”

 

She told me. I asked her when we were taking the trash out.” Luhan, now sitting on Sehun's lap, wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck. “She told me everything.”

 

Sehun swallowed. “Are you mad?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “No. I'm not mad. Just. Why didn't you tell me?”

 

Sehun sighed. “Because it was in the past. It happened before I met you.”

 

Still..It would have been a nice heads up.” Luhan gave Sehun a small smile.

 

I'm sorry.” Sehun brought his hands forward to cup Luhan's face, fingers brushing the band aid on Luhan's cheek. “It wasn't that I was trying to hide it from you. I just didn't want you to worry.”

 

What could I possibly do if I knew your relationship with her back then?”

 

Knowing you, I'll say that you would demand I quit the music club and never see her again.”

 

Luhan huffed. “I'm not that cruel. I wouldn't demand you quit the club. I'd politely ask that you do.” He nudged Sehun's forehead with his own.

 

Sehun frowned. “See?”

 

Luhan chuckled. “I was kidding.”

 

Hearing Luhan's soft chuckles, Sehun relaxed and circled his arms around Luhan's waist. “Wouldn't you be uncomfortable if you knew?”

 

Honestly, yes. I would be slightly uncomfortable, but I wouldn't worry about it as much as I did when I didn't know.”

 

Sehun gazed into Luhan's eyes and Luhan sensed the younger one's concern. “Does this uh change anything?”

 

Luhan smiled and shook his head. “No. I'm still madly in love with you, Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun's eyes brighten and he smiled, causing Luhan's heart to beat just a little faster at the sight. Sehun's beautiful smile tends to have that effect on him.

 

Good.” Sehun flopped back down on the couch with arms still around Luhan. His mood suddenly giddy.

 

Luhan goes back to resting on Sehun's chest, his index finger tracing little hearts over the area where Sehun's actual heart lies. “Can I ask you something?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Do you know she still has feelings for you?”

 

Yeah, I know. She never told me or anything since that time in high school, but I knew. I could tell. We were friends for many years. It was really hard for me to be around her without feeling as though I'm hurting her.”

 

It was hard for her too,” Luhan told him.

 

I bet it was,” Sehun said, his voice coated in sadness.

 

Luhan lifted his head up to look at Sehun. “Sehun-ah.”

 

Yeah?”

 

If I didn't transfer to your school and became your roommate, would you...... eventually a-accept her feelings?” He bit his bottom lip, awaiting Sehun's reply.

 

Sehun blinked and then does something he totally didn't expect – he pinched his nose. Hard.

 

Oww!”

 

Sehun lets go of his nose. “What kind of question was that?”

 

Rubbing his battered nose, Luhan looked at Sehun incredulously. “It was a legitimate question!”

 

Sehun snorts. “Explain to me which part of that question was legitimate.”

 

Well, if we never met, you probably would start feeling --”

 

That is not possible,” Sehun interrupted.

 

Why not?”

 

Because you were meant to be my annoyingly invasive roommate.”

 

Ignoring the part that Sehun called him an annoyingly invasive roommate (he probably doesn't mean it), Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at the boy underneath him. “You don't know that. If I'm not here, you two could have easily hit it off.”

 

Once again - No.”

 

Why not?”

 

Because I've never seen her as anything but a friend. She's not the one for me. And that I know for certain.”

 

How?”

 

Because you are. You're the one for me.”

 

You can't say that if we've never met.”

 

Sehun grinned. “We would eventually. How do I know? Because you're tied to the other end of my red string.” Sehun held up his pinky finger and wiggled it. “Remember that?”

 

Luhan blushed, causing Sehun to laugh.

 

Yeah that's right. You know you were meant to fall for me, just like I know you were meant to be my Bambi.” Sehun pressed their foreheads together. “So even if we were never roommates, it doesn't mean I would be with someone else, it just means my heart would be waiting a little longer for you to come and claim it.”

 

Feeling his face burning up from Sehun's cringe worthy confession, Luhan squeezed his eyes shut.“Sehun-ahhh.”

 

What? Too romantic for you?” Sehun teased while brushing his lips across Luhan's.

 

Luhan closed his eyes even tighter when Sehun started peppering his face with little kisses. He only opened them when he felt Sehun's teeth biting down on his bottom lip. He stares at Sehun, face looking absolutely scandalized.

 

Don't you know it's rude not to look at the person who's kissing you?” Sehun smirked.

 

It's rude to bite a person too,” Luhan retorted.

 

Sehun laughed. “Says the person who bit my chin a few days ago.”

 

Luhan flushed at Sehun's reminder. “You're never going to let that go are you?”

 

Of course not. You. Bit. My. Chin.”

 

Luhan groaned. “I should have bit more than just your chin,” he murmured as he hid his face in Sehun's neck.

 

What?”

 

Nothing.”

 

Sehun smiled and gave him a pat on the back. “Any more of your ridiculous questions?”

 

They're not ridiculous questions! Luhan wanted to say, but since he was contented with Sehun's answers, he'll let Sehun have this one.

 

No. I'm good.” He snuggled closer to Sehun, loving the warmth that engulfs him.

 

To Luhan, Sehun was his favorite blanket.

 

The right size and perfectly warm.

 

Do you want to sleep out here tonight?” Sehun asked.

 

Luhan was about to ask Sehun what he meant by that when he suddenly realized that they were lying on the couch in the living room.

 

He had almost forgotten the reason why they were here and not in one of the bedrooms, when he suddenly heard movement from the hallway that connected the kitchen to the living room.

 

He suddenly got up, startling Sehun in the process, and walked toward the doorway.

 

Hongki and the president entered the room and upon seeing Luhan staring at them, they glanced at each other. Neither one knowing what to say.

 

Uhh.. Luhan. Were you waiting here the whole time?” Hongki asked while rubbing the back of his neck at the same time.

 

Luhan studied his face. Hongki didn't have any tear stains on his cheeks, so that meant he didn't cry – which was good. If he didn't cry then she must not have rejected him. Luhan also noticed the faint blush on both of their cheeks, which meant that they were either embarrassed from Luhan analyzing them or from –

 

Yes. Now will you tell him what's going on because his mind is probably spinning out of control right now,” said Sehun as he got up from his spot on the couch and stood next to Luhan.

 

They glanced at each other one more time before the president cleared . “Ahem. Luhan, Sehun, it is late, you two should be in bed.” She then turned to Hongki. “You too.”

 

Hongki grinned. “Yes!” He gave her a salute. She giggled at the sight while Luhan continued to stare at them, mind still trying to figure out what happened in that kitchen. Sehun was uninterested.

 

I'll go first. Make sure to get plenty of rest guys. We're leaving early tomorrow.” She walked towards the stairs, but before she got on the first step, she turned around and looked at them (specifically at Hongki). “Night.”

 

Hongki smiled. “Night.”

 

As soon as she got upstairs, and Luhan could hear the door of the girls' bedroom close, he rushed to Hongki's side.

 

Tell me everything.”

 

Hongki, who was still staring at the staircase, exhaled. “I told her how I felt.”

 

And?”

 

And she listened. It was hard and I probably sounded like an idiot, but she listened to all of it – even when I was rambling about how we first met and how I admire her kindness and how --”

 

Yeah yeah. Did you ask her out? What did she say?! Is she giving you a chance?” Luhan was practically jumping up and down in anticipation.

 

Hongki, however, didn't notice. He was still staring at the staircase, too mesmerized.

 

Could you spit it out? I don't want him this hyper before going to bed.” Sehun finally voiced, snapping Hongki out of his daze.

 

He turned to look at Luhan. “She said she's not ready for a relationship. She said something about trying to move on from her past.”

 

Luhan nodded, aware that she was referring to her feelings for Sehun.

 

But she does want to get to know me better, so we're going to do that. We're going to spend more time with each other. Hopefully, she'll realize how sincere I am and maybe we'll be something more...” He smiled at Luhan. “She also made me tea.”

 

Luhan smiled back. “I'm really proud of you. See? It wasn't so hard. Now all you have to do is show her how much you want to be with her, and I'm sure everything will work out. She'll fall head over heels for you! And when you're dating, you can make tea for each other!”

 

Hongki chuckled. “Is your boyfriend always this enthusiastic, Sehun?”

 

You don't know the half of it.” Sehun folded his arms across his chest, grinning at the cute scowl that appeared on Luhan's face.

 

Well, I'm going to bed now. Suddenly feeling lightheaded from everything that happened. Night guys.”

 

When Hongki left, Luhan rounded on Sehun. “Isn't this great?! They might become a couple!”

 

Sehun raised a brow. “Since when have you been so invested in our club leaders' love lives?”

 

Since a few hours ago.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “Why do I even bother asking?”

 

Luhan giggled before hugging Sehun. “Yeah, why do you even ask?” He planted a soft kiss on Sehun's lips and smiled.

 

Sehun pressed his forehead against Luhan's. “Can we go to bed now?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Yes – right after I finish a little snack.”

 

Barbequed meat at midnight is not considered a 'little snack'.”

 

Okay fine. Is there any cake left? I didn't get a chance to eat any.” Luhan gave Sehun a pout he knew Sehun couldn't resist.

 

Eating cake at night isn't any better than eating meat. You don't want to get --”

 

If the word 'fat' comes out of your mouth, I'm going to kick you in the shin.”

 

Sehun stepped away from him. “Why the shin?”

 

Because it's not that serious for me to kick you where it'll hurt the most. Besides, if I kick you there --”

 

We'll both suffer.”

 

Sehun smirked, pleased with the fact that his comment caused Luhan to turn beet red.

 

That's not what I was going to say!”

 

Whatever. Let's go get you cake before you start biting me.”

 

Heyy!”

 

Their last night on the trip was spent with Sehun watching Luhan finish the last piece of cake, and Luhan trying to convince Sehun to let him take off some of his band aids.

 

The next morning, while everyone was trying to get over their hangovers, Luhan and Sehun were still asleep. With Luhan adorably nestled to Sehun's side, no one had the heart to wake them. Only when they had finished making breakfast did they play “Paper, Scissors, Rock” to decide the person who had the unlucky task of waking the two.

 

If I don't make it out alive, can you promise to tell the others at the university of my noble sacrifice?” Hongki asked as he clutched the president's hand.

 

She giggled. “You're being dramatic again. Just do it!” She pushed him inside the room, immediately closing the door.

 

Staring at the couple on the floor, Hongki gulped. Taking hesitant steps toward the figures, Hongki stopped when he got dangerously close to Sehun, who even in his sleep looked downright intimidating. Luhan, on the other hand, was sleeping like a baby – eyelids fluttering, mouth slightly open, his hands Sehun's shirt.

 

I should wake up the nicer one.”

 

Hongki walked over to Luhan's side and was about to place his hands on the boy's shoulder when Sehun (with his eyes still closed) snarled, “Touch him and you die.”

 

Hongki swore to anybody who asked, that for the first time in his life, he was terrified to the point that he almost wet his pants.

 

Uhh. B-bre-breakfast is r-ready,” he stuttered, hands now glued to his side. “Please d-don't h-hurt me.”

 

Ignoring Hongki's last comment, Sehun pulled Luhan closer and placed his chin on top of his boyfriend's tousled hair. “We'll eat in the van.”

 

A-alright. T-take your time.” Hongki quickly retreated and when he got out, the others caught him before his knees fell to the floor. “I'm never doing that again!”

 

By the time Luhan woke up, everyone was already packing up and carrying their stuff to the vans waiting outside.

 

Did I oversleep?” Luhan asked Sehun, who was busy packing both of their bags.

 

No. They just woke up early.”

 

Luhan made an “O” with his mouth and with eyes half-lidded, he looped his arms around Sehun's waist, back hugging him. “This was a memorable trip.”

 

Yeah.”

 

When the door opened and Hongki appeared on the other side, Luhan noticed how he flinched at the sight of them. Did something happen while I was asleep?

 

Morning Hongki,” Luhan greeted with a chirpy voice, taking note in how Hongki's face relaxed when they locked eyes. It seemed as though he was avoiding Sehun's eyes.

 

Morning. The president wanted me to tell you two that we're leaving in ten, so uh get ready.” He quickly left the room, not saying a word to Sehun.

 

Did something happen?” Luhan asked Sehun when they were both seated at the back of the van.

 

Sehun handed him a sandwich and a bottle of orange juice. “Like what?”

 

Like why are we the only two eating breakfast in the car? And why is Hongki avoiding you?”

 

I told you – they woke up earlier, so they had breakfast before we did. And Hongki isn't avoiding me.”

 

Luhan didn't say anything else after that. He happily ate his sandwich, pretending not to hear Sehun's complaints of him dropping crumbs everywhere. Hmph. He shouldn't have given me a sandwich if he didn't want crumbs everywhere.

 

When Sehun unlocked the door to their house, Luhan pushed past him and ran inside, dropping his bags immediately.

 

He shouted, “WE'RE HOME,” not really taking into consideration that it was a Sunday morning.

 

Sehun scoffed from behind him. “No one is awake, Bambi. Save your breath.”

 

Just then loud footsteps could be heard coming from the staircase – footsteps belonging to none other than their always grinning housemate, Chanyeol.

 

When his eyes land on Luhan and Sehun, Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

 

Yes, hyung. We are really back,” Sehun said before closing the door behind him.

 

Chanyeol smiled before running over to lift both of them off their feet.

 

Luhan let out a “Whooaaaa.”

 

Sehun groaned. “Hyung, put us down.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and jiggled them bit, causing Luhan to giggle and Sehun to wish the trip lasted a little longer.

 

The tall boy grinned before shouting triumphantly, “HUNHAN IS BACK!”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ OH MY GAWD. THE FLUFF. I CAN'T. Lol. Hope this was a fun chapter for you guys. Sehun's red string comment was a reference to ICCL :) and yay Hongki gets a chance! Everything's good! Favorite parts - Lulu warning Sehun not to say the word fat, Sehun claiming that they'll both suffer if Lulu kicked him down there (LOL what on earth does he mean by that? wink wink) and Sehun threatening Hongki. Lol. He's so serious. Also Chanyeol being happy about the return of Hunhan! What are your favorite parts? 

 

The new character will be minorly introduced in the next chapter. There will also be more Baekyeol and Sulay in the coming chapters because I miss writing about them and since Hunhan is back home, it only makes sense that there'll be more interactions between the couples. Enough about the president and Hongki, more EXO boys right? I'm looking forward to writing about them again!

 

Since Christmas is coming soon, I will try my best to have a Christmas chapter uploaded before then. It might be two updates from now. I'm excited for it. CHRISTMAS FLUFF!!!!!! Thanks for reading guys :D (I don't own the picture at the top - I just really like it!)