The Little Bits of Sacrifice

The Dull One

"Have you got everything you need?" Jaekyung asked as she and Chaekyung walked towards the bus stop. "Phone? Wallet? Change of clothes?"

Chaekyung shook her head at her unnie in amusement. "Unnie, I just have cheerleading practice after school. You make it seem like I'm going to war or something." she giggled slightly.

Jaekyung flicked her sister's forehead. "I'm just worried okay?" she made a face. "I'll be waiting for you after school and we can go home together."

"You don't have to, unnie." Chaekyung frowned. "That's going to be a lot of hours."

"It's okay." Jaekyung assured. "I'll be studying at home anyway. It makes no difference if I study at school." she shrugged. She grabbed her wallet and emptied all the cash into Chaekyung's hands. "And here, you keep the money instead."

Chaekyung's eyes rounded. "Unnie!" she hissed. "Why are you handing me all your money?"

"We bring lunch boxes to school so I don't exactly need it." Jaekyung shrugged. "I heard you guys need to pay for new notes today, just a little extra incase it gets expensive. You can pay me the remaining after school plus the bus fare."

Chaekyung sighed and shook her head, bumping shoulders with her sister. "You're the best sister on earth, you know that?"

Jaekyung smiled half-heartedly and shook her head. "Far from it, Chae."







"Hey there goes your prince charming." Bomi whispered as L walked past.

Chaekyung's head immediately whipped up and her eyes followed where L went. Her cheeks instantly flared red and her heart gave a little skip as she her dry lips nervously. It was really a turn of events because that was how guys acted around her and now she was going all soft for this guy who didn't even really pay attention to her.

"Man, he is hot." Soomi muttered. "He's really good looking huh, Yoomi?" she elbowed her friend.

Yoomi looked up from her phone distractedly and blinked. "What are you guys talking about again?"

Bomi shook her head in amusement and threw a fry at Yoomi, who dodged. "You only care about your Woohyun oppa and you practically ignore all the other male species in the world."

Yoomi grinned and shrugged. "Why bother with them when I have the BEEEEESSST out of them?" she giggled. Her phone vibrated and she leaped to unlock it. "Oh look! Woohyun oppa sent me a text!" she exclaimed happily.

"Surprise surprise." Soomi muttered in a bored tone.

She looked at L as he threw away his rubbish and walked back to the Infinite boys. This time as he passed, he finally caught sight of Chaekyung who had been staring openly at him with slightly agape. Chaekyung quickly shut and offered a small cute smile.

L nodded politely and went back to his friends.

"Did you see that? He recognized you!" Soomi squealed. "He so likes you, Chaekyung!"

Chaekyung shook her head. "He doesn't. I hardly think he knows my name." she sighed dejectedly.

"You've got to admit his lack of enthusiasm with regards to you is slightly off putting." Bomi frowned as she tapped her chin. "Wonder why. Do you think either L is gay or he already has a girlfriend?"

All eyes turned towards Yoomi who was laughing and giggling at a new text Woohyun sent her. She looked up and her eyes rounded at the three pairs of eyes staring at her. "What?"

"Text Woohyun oppa and ask if L is gay or attached!" Bomi urged. "It's for Chaekyung's happiness you know!"

Yoomi scratched her head. "Must I? It sounds...."

"Just do it!" Soomi hissed. Yoomi sighed and nodded, her fingers flying over the keypads quickly as she sent an inquring text to Woohyun, conveniently telling him that it was her friends who wanted to know and not her.

He replied really quickly as he did to all her texts and she read out his reply. "Nope he is definitely not gay. Not that I know of." Yoomi read. "And please, L attached? This guy's single from the day he was born, he hasn't even had a girlfriend yet."

Bomi and Soomi let out squeals and danced around Chaekyung, shaking her wildly. "You stand a chance, Chaekyung!" they squealed. "In fact you hold better chance than any off the girls out there! L oppa will fall for you in no time!"

Chaekyung glanced at L unsurely and pinked. "Really?"

"No doubt!"







Chaekyung finished up her cheerleading practice and she went to change into her spare clothes. She was naturally the high flyer on top of the pyramid because she had the cutest smile and she loved the feeling when she flipped in the air and everyone was cheering for her.

Chaekyung changed into her spare tee and little short shorts and threw her hair in a cute bun, smiling at herself in the mirror.

She went out of the restroom and Bomi gave a grunt when she saw her. "Why is it that you look even cleaner and sweeter after training, unlike us?" she complained, pointing to her sweaty and tired self.

Chaekyung laughed and shook her head in amusement. She looked at herself in the reflection from a glass window and smiled. "You guys don't look too bad either!" she offered.

"Please." Soomi rolled her eyes, leaning against the wall tiredly. "Can't wait to get home to bathe and sleep. Let's go now."

"Okay let's!" Yoomi yawned. "I can't wait to get home!"

"I'll send you home then sweety."

Yoomi blinked and spun around, her eyes widening when she saw Woohyun. "Oppa!" she brightened, smiling widely.

"Hey." Woohyun chuckled and ruffled her hair. He took her bag and carried it for her, turning to smile at her friends. "I'll bring my princess home first alright? See you girls tomorrow."

"Bye Woohyun oppa, bye Yoomi!" the three girl's chorused as they watched their friend settle into Woohyun's car as he drove her off.

Bomi let out an envious sigh. "How I wish I had a senior boyfriend to drive me home too." she sulked. "I never want to sit on a bus again."

"That's our fate, girl." Soomi laughed. She nudged Chaekyung. "We're going. You coming?"

Chaekyung shook her head. "You guys go ahead, I'm waiting for unnie." she smiled.

The girls nodded and went off, leaving Chaekyung by herself. She texted Jaekyung to say she was ready to go and walked slowly to the front gates where they were supposed to meet.

She walked by an empty classroom and was surprised to find it lit. She peered inside and saw someone resting his head on the table as he dozed off.

Chaekyung looked at the time. It was late, perhaps she should wake him up?

She treaded into the room carefully and rounded up the corner to reach the sleeping guy. She peered at his face and to her ultimate pleasant surprise, it was L.

Chaekyung's heart gave a thud and she let her eyes memorize his features. He really was good looking.

She scanned his table and noticed that he was reading her sister's article before he fell asleep, making notes on the side. How cute.

After staring for a while more, Chaekyung finally mustered the courage to nudge him. "L oppa." she murmured. "L oppa wake up. It's late, you should go home."

L stirred and he rubbed his eyes tiredly, monetarily confused. Chaekyung wanted to squeal. He was just too cute and adorable to be true!

"Oh." L squinted at his watch. His eyes instantly flew opened and he glanced at the window where the sky was already dark.

"Oh it's late." he frowned. He looked at her and offered a small smile. "Hey Chaekyung. Thanks for waking me up, my umma would kill me if I was any later."

He quickly packed his bag and switched off the lights for the classroom as he walked beside her to the gate. "Why are you still in school, then?"

Chaekyung smiled shyly. "I had cheerleading practice."

"Oh." L nodded in understanding, the fact that she was a cheerleader not at all having an impact on him. He glanced at his watch again and frowned as they reached his black Audi.

"It's really getting late, Chaekyung. You wanna hitch a ride home?" he gestured to his car.

Chaekyung's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed. *He's offering to send me home!!* she mentally squealed.

But then she thought about her sister and she hesitated. What should she do?

"Uhm let me make a call first. One minute." Chaekyung requested meekly and she quickly darted off to the side to call Jaekyung.

Jaekyung picked up the call on the first ring. "Chae? I'm nearing the gates. See you in-"

"Unnie." Chaekyung whispered excitedly. "Guess what! I bumped into L after training and he's offering me a ride home!"

Jaekyung stopped in her tracks just as she caught sight of the carpark. She saw her sister whispering into the phone while another male silhouette waited while Chaekyung made the call.

*That must be L.* Jaekyung thought.

She heard how excited Chaekyung was and couldn't bear to ruin things for her. She definitely wasn't going to show herself and make it known that the wonderful Chaekyung had a wallflower sister.

"I was wondering if there's a way that I can-"

"Chae, accept his ride." Jaekyung cut in. "I'll meet you at home."

"Really?" Chaekyung squealed. "But what about you? I have all your money and you can't even take the bus home, unnie!"

"I accidentally chucked five thousand won in my jeans so I have that." Jaekyung fibbed. "Don't worry about me. Go accept the ride before he refuses to wait anymore."

"Thanks a lot unnie! I love you!" Chaekyug hung up and raced to L with a large smile. "Yeah, I'll be taking the ride, L oppa. Thanks for the offer."

L nodded. "Get in then." he looked around. "It's getting dark, better get you home."

He drove them off without a second glance at the empty school behind him, not once even considering how there might be someone still there.

Jaekyung watched her sister go and let out a sigh. "Five thousand won indeed, I'd be happy to have a thousand won right now." she muttered.

She walked out of the gates and stated at the long road ahead.

"It's time to get exercising, Lee Jaekyung. Go go go!"

And she walked home.