Best People

The Dull One

Jaekyung didn't go to school for five weeks.

Whenever L was there, she felt comforted and as if she could go head on with anyone in the world. However when she stepped out of the house and saw a regular teenage guy, she freaked.

Jaekyung had something like a guy phobia right now, and especially contact phobia.

L could only hold her hands without her flinching and even when he wanted to touch her cheeks, he had to do it slowly to not surprise her.

It was tiring on his part, because he had to be patient for so many things. He had to make sure whenever he brought her out to the nearby cafe for a drink, that no male would get within a 0.5m radius of her or she would freak.

But L didn't mind. He wasn't Lee Jaekyung's bodyguard for nothing. He would do anything to protect her and he was glad to see her condition improving bit by bit.

His girl was strong, and he couldn't be prouder about that.

It took another week for Jaekyung to be able to meet the Infinite boys, since the time she met L. The boys had to come one by one so as not to overwhelm her, and it took another week for all the boys to be able to be in the same room as her.

No one mentioned Kim Junki, because the first time Hoya let slip in a moment's anger, Jaekyung let out a shriek and she hid herself behind the couch. She looked absolutely frightened and L just hushed her, murmuring comforting words in her ears and holding her hands, asking her to relax.

The Infinite boys were never more sure at that point that Jaekyung was meant for L. And him for her.

The entire school was caught up in the mystery of the missing Junki and Jaekyung. There were rumors that Junki was kicked out of school but no one knew what happened to Jaekyung.

Only the Infinite boys, Chaekyung and her friends knew about it, and not one of them even whispered anything about it.

Speculation grew heated as the weeks passed. Why did L look so lethargic most of the times? Why did the Infinite boys look a little melancholic? Why would Chaekyung stare off into the distance occasionally, which was a really strange thing for her?

There were tons of rumors going about for where Jaekyung was and what she was doing. And none of them were right. No one even imagined the kind of pain she was going through, the trauma and the horror.

Life was real. It wasn't like some fantasy where a hot guy came to you and you could miraculously fall in love with him.

was cruel. was a sin.

It was just like mindless people to romanticize an act like that but in truth, it hurt the victim more than we could imagine. And it was traumatizing beyond words, for Jaekyung often woke up in the middle of the night, croaking L's name and calling for help while the events resurfaced in her mind.

But she was strong. She knew she would be alright in the end. And L would be there to help her.

Like today.

Today, Jaekyung was finally returning to school after a five week break. There were going to be guys in the school. A lot of guys.

There would be pushing in the cafeteria. Nudging and bumping of shoulders down the hallway. Curious glances all day.

As Jaekyung thought about the things she was going to face, she felt faint and almost wanted to go back home again.

"I'm here." L murmured, understanding her expression as they got out of the car. Chaekyung smiled at her sister softly and nodded. "L oppa will be here. And so will I."

Jaekyung nodded, swallowing hard as she fitted her hands into L's. Chaekyung took her other side and the three of them walked towards the school, the other two acting like bodyguards.

There was talk immediately once people started noticing Jaekyung. "She's back!" Someone hollered, and everyone started whispering.

Jaekyung trembled at the attention, especially afraid to see so many guys. She sidled nearer to L and he tightened his grip on her hand.

The students began crowding around them and asking millions of questions, of which none were answered. Jaekyung kept her gaze on the ground and L glared at everyone.

Chaekyung reached her locker and she sent Jaekyung an encouraging smile. "It's going to be okay, unnie. Be strong."

Jaekyung nodded and made a small fighting sign. She followed L to meet the rest of the Infinite by their lockers, when one of the guys walking past her accidentally brushed his arm against hers.

Her body froze and she instantly let out a yelp, cowering in fear.

L pulled her away, inserting himself between her and the guy, hissing in anger. "Watch where you're going." He growled.

The guy looked stunned and offended. "Dude. My arm just accidentally brushed against your girl's. No big deal."

"That's what you think." L snarled. "Watch where you're going."

He turned back to Jaekyung and his expression immediately turned tender as he steered them towards their lockers. "You okay?" He whispered in concern, scanning her face.

Jaekyung nodded and her lips that had dried. "Yeah. I was just surprised." She sighed softly. "I wish I didn't have such a reaction."

"It's okay." L smiled softly, bringing up her fingers and kissing her finger tips. "Mrs Kim is very strong, she'll recover soon won't she?"

Jaekyung gazed up at him with a small smile and nodded. "Yeah. And Mr Kim will help her to."

L's smile widened brilliantly as he chuckled. The first time she actually kind of admitted to being Mrs Kim. "Yeah. Mr Kim will support you all the way, and he won't ever leave you." He murmured. "And so won't Mimi."

"Mimi?" Jaekyung blinked in confusion.

"Mimi." L raised his brows as if it was very obvious. "Don't you remember? Our daughter."

And he enjoyed watching that particular pair of lips curling up in the prettiest smile, very very much.







It was break time. The Infinite boys and Chaekyung and her friends were in the cafeteria having lunch.

The students were still very curious about Jaekyung's past absence and no reason was being provided. The teachers knew though, and they helped Jaekyung with the work she missed.

She didn't miss much though, L had brought her his notes for the past five weeks to study together with her so she wouldn't lag behind.

It was hard to bear sometimes. When Jaekyung watched the other innocent girls go about, talking about their boyfriends and first kisses...she couldn't help but feel so dirty and stained.

Everyone was a piece of fresh paper and only she was stained red. When Jaekyung had mentioned briefly about how she wouldn't mind if L found someone else since she wasn't pure any longer, L gave her the coldest glare possible. And she knew he meant it when he said he didn't mind.

But even with L's support, Infinite's, Chaekyung's and her friends', it was hard to bear. Especially when people were calling her a and she felt every bit was true, having lost her purity.

"Oh so you're back!" Jangwoo, Chaekyung's top fan decided to pop over their table during lunch. His voice was loud and attention grabbing, and it didn't take a long time for everyone to notice what was happening.

"So the in back in school!" Jangwoo sneered. "The girl who stole her sister's boyfriend!"

Jaekyung flinched. Chaekyung frowned, not liking how it sounded. She read her sister's diary and she knew the events that had passed.

They had a serious talk a few weeks back and she made Jaekyung promise not to sacrifice anything for her again. Jaekyung didn't owe her anything, it had been all her own doing when she hurt herself.

Chaekyung blinked, noticing there were chatters around as people looked over and nodded, agreeing with Jangwoo.

"So where have you been these past weeks, Lee Jaekyung?" Jangwoo snickered. "Out banging other guys other than L and cheating on him too?"

L's fists clenched and Jaekyung touched his arm. "Don't." She mouthed, and L took a deep breath.

"I don't get how my goddess Chaekyung could have a sister like you!" Jangwoo continue on in defense of Chaekyung. "You're a disgrace to all humanit-"

"SHUT UP!"

Jaekyung blinked in surprise, not expecting the outburst from Chaekyung since she thought it would come from L. L looked positively relieved someone blew up for him since he was already reaching his limits.

Jangwoo looked shocked that his angel screamed at him. "C-Chaekyung?"

"I said shut up!" Chaekyung growled, climbing on the table. She grumbled as she did, kicking away an empty cup and looking at the rest of the cafeteria filled of students.

Everyone hushed, not seeing their queen blowing up before.

Chaekyung tool a deep breath. "Firstly, I want to tell everyone of you out there who is bad mouthing my unnie... OFF!" She growled.

Sunggyu raised his brows and Dongwoo let out a low whistle. "Wow nasty."

"What we do and who we date are our business, so why are all of you so concerned over it?" Chaekyung asked angrily. "Can we have some freaking privacy in our lives? Did I ask for you guys to stand up for me and did I once say I was the victim?"

Everyone was silent.

Jangwoo his lips. "But Chaekyung, they cheated-"

"Unnie and L oppa DID NOT betray me." Chaekyung declared. "The one that L oppa likes is unnie from the beginning, and they are meant for each other. I am just an obstacle in their love life and I have caused them misery. I am the bad one. So if you want to call someone a , that's me."

"Chae!" Jaekyung gasped, shaking her head.

Chaekyung looked down at her sister and smiled softly. "Unnie, I want you to know that I think L oppa is the perfect one for you. And you for him. He loves you unnie, a lot. And no matter what anyone says, you two belong together."

Jaekyung let out a sniffle and L smiled gratefully.

Chaekyung turned her attention to the rest of the people listening in. Some were even filming it down.

"It's our lives not yours. No matter who dates who, or where unnie has gone and why she was absent, it has nothing to do with you!" Chaekyung snarled. "And if I catch just anyone bad mouthing unnie and L oppa, they'll have to go through me." Her eyes narrowed dangerously.

Sungyeol grinned and climbed on the table. "And me!"

"Don't forget us!" Woohyun grinned and helped Yoomi on the table.

"ALL OF US!" The rest of Infinite chorused they stood up. Jaekyung was crying now, touched, while L just smiled at his friends in wonder.

"So you see?" Chaekyung smirked. "If you think you want to offend all of us right here, go on. Be a busybody. You'll have to watch your back."

There came sounds of a lone person clapping and everyone turned, only to see their principal Mr Kim walking into the cafeteria.

"Nicely put, but a little too vulgar Miss Lee." He smiled. "Oh and boys? Please clean the table after you finish standing on it. People eat on it you know."

The Infinite boys scrambled off the table and looked for tags.

"Don't mind me, continue eating!" Mr Kim told the rest of the students. The usual chatting gradually returned and soon people returned to their usual lunch topics and talked about what just happened.

Mr Kim caught L's eyes and winked.

L broke into a large smile and nodded gratefully. "Thanks Appa." He mouthed.

The principal cleared his throat and pretended to look around before walking off again. L looked back at his table of friends and his girlfriend beside him who was sniffling while Chaekyung comforted her, and he couldn't help the smile.

He had the best people in his life. The best.

 

 

 

-----

HELLO! I'm back xD

I'm so so so so SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry to have let you guys wait so long. I've had several consecutive weeks of camp and now school has started NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

College is so different I want to diee :"( they expect you to be so fiercely independent from the first day. I want to be young again.

Anyway I'm really VERY sorry for the long wait, I'll try to update as and when I can, but please don't worry. I WILL finish all my stories, in case anyone out there wonders if I'll abandon them.

NO. I vill finish them. Muah is velly determined. xD

Thank you for sticking around. You don't know how much it means to me :)